March 29, 2024, 09:46:02 AM

Author Topic: Section 34 Thread  (Read 42205 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Section 34 Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
Every time I see reference to the Master, it reminds me of old Dr Who episodes!

Masters are used here where I practice was well but I've only encountered them in family court and for violations of probation hearings.  I don't know what qualifications they will be asking for, but my concern is whether they'd be sufficiently qualified and versed in the law.  Then again, many magistrates/"district judges" here are not even lawyers... they just run for office like any other politician.

And magistrates in England are usually just rich guys who wear the correct old school tie...kind of like the old Lord of the Manor. Most of their work is handing out statutory fines for parking, or other driving offences, disturbance of the peace etc. Anything requiring a jail sentence is usually referred by the magistrate to criminal court. However, I think they have certain statutory jail sentences for things like driving while banned etc.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »
FS, here is a timeline that is more independent....a bit lengthy but good reading....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sentinelTT/doc/346011085492604/

Thanks, Brownie, but it says I "do not have permission to read this doc"  >:(

hhhhmmmm....sorry.  I forgot its a closed group although I'm sure they said the document could be shared  :-\.....In any event, TT laid it out for you above......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2013, 05:40:30 AM »
Case against repeal of Section 34 starts today.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Blackstone Chambers heavyweights Queen’s Counsel  Michael Beloff and David Pannick will face off against each other today as businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson fight for their freedom. The two are challenging the repeal of the controversial Section 34 of the Administration  of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act.

Lord Pannick and Beloff are both Oxford-educated and belong to the same chambers in London, but will be on different sides of the fence when the matter starts in the Port-of-Spain High Court before Justice Mira Dean-Amorer at 9.30 am.

They are among the five QCs who were flown in to T&T for the court matter, which is expected to continue throughout the week. Emotions are set to run high as relatives and friends of the businessmen and curious onlookers are expected to pack the courtroom to capacity in anticipation of the outcome.

The claimants—Galbaransingh, Ferguson and Maritime Life General Insurance Company and businessman Ameer Edoo—will be contending that they petitioned the court for freedom before the act was repealed in September last year. They are charged with committing fraud amounting to millions of dollars arising out of the Piarco Airport Enquiry.

The early proclamation of Section 34 of the act cleared the way for Galbaransingh and Ferguson, along with 47 others, to have court cases ten years and older dismissed. If the claimants are successful in their petition, charges arising out of the Piarco Airport scandal will be dropped.

Galbaransingh and Ferguson were first indicted in 2005 in a Miami federal court on numerous fraud and money-laundering charges stemming from alleged bid-rigging between 1996 and 2005 on contracts for the $1.6 billion Piarco International Airport expansion project.

However, the businessmen won their judicial review hearing against the decision by Ramlogan to sign extradition warrants against them on October 9, 2010. Justice Ronnie Boodoosingh ruled that the decision was “unjust and oppressive.” Ramlogan later said he would not pursue an appeal in the extradition of the businessmen because of the lengthy legal process involved and because they were expected to come to trial in T&T shortly.

The US Government openly expressed its displeasure over the turn of events, saying it was “disappointed by the outcome of the case.”

The Section 34 story
Section 34, controversially proclaimed on August 31, 2012—ahead of the rest of the act—would have allowed certain accused to walk free if their cases had not started within ten years of the commission of an offence. Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar called for an emergency sitting of the House of Representatives on September 13 for Section 34 to be repealed.

Persad-Bissessar blamed Justice Minister Herbert Volney for the fiasco and fired him from her Cabinet.

The legal teams
Leading the high-powered legal team for the claimants is Beloff, together with Edward Fitzgerald, QC, and Fyard Hosein, SC, who will be representing Ferguson and Maritime Life General Insurance Company. Galbaransingh will be represented by Andrew Mitchell, QC, while senior counsel Sophia Chote will appear for Edoo. 

Appearing on behalf of the Attorney General will be Pannick, together with Allan Newman, QC, junior counsel Gerard Ramdeen and solicitor general Eleanor Joye Donaldson-Honeywell.

Other claimants
Petitions for freedom were also filed by former Airports Authority executive Amrith Maharaj and Maritime executives John Henry Smith and Barbara Gomes, as well as the company itself and Maritime Finance, Galbaransingh’s Northern Construction Ltd, Fidelity Finance Leasing Company Ltd, former finance minister Brian Kuei Tung, former works minister Carlos John, and former national security minister Russell Huggins.

These cases are expected to come up later this week.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Volney: 34 is my lucky number
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2013, 03:30:43 PM »
Volney: 34 is my lucky number
Originally printed at http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Volney-34-is-my-lucky-number-202876911.html

By Asha Javeed asha.javeed@trinidadexpress.com
April 13, 2013
Numbers are oftentimes symbolic.

For instance, in the betting game Play Whe, the number 34 is blind man.

For the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, the number 34 and the section of law which it refers to is a vulnerable point for the People’s Partnership administration.

Section 34 is a section of the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act which was proclaimed ahead of the other sections and allowed businessmen Ishwar Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson, among others, to apply to the courts to be declared innocent because their legal matters were more than ten years old.

Former justice minister Herbert Volney was fired over the fiasco. 

But he has developed an affinity to the number, so much so that his new car, a red Audi, carries the number plate PCY 34.

The subject caused much discussion in the blogging and Facebook community yesterday with one blogger stating: “34 is the new 36 for you, oui”. (In Play Whe, 36 is jackass)

In response to the commentary on the subject, Volney stated: “Isn’t she a beauty? I propose to ride on 34 my lucky number all the days of my life as it has brought me true emancipation. And who vex lorse.”

The defiant St Joseph MP, who last week expressed surprise at High Court Judge Mira Dean-Armorer’s decision to dismiss the lawsuits of Galbaransingh and Ferguson on the constitutionality of the repeal of Section 34, went on to say:

“And I truly have found with it the peace of Jehovah God. Those who run from adversity will be consumed by it is the message in my story. I have baptised my wheels in the name of 34, that it be a remembrance of the courage of my conviction to do what was necessary to address the worm in the belly of my task only myself to become the worm itself.”

Former government minister and CLICO official Carlos John, another one with interest in the Section 34 ruling, also selected the number 34 for acquisition of his daughter Candice’s new vehicle.

That silver two-door Mercedes-Benz coupe is PCS 34. 

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Volney: 34 is my lucky number
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2013, 06:03:49 PM »
Well once he enjoying it
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2013, 06:48:01 PM »
Anybody actually taking on this clown?
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

truetrini

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2013, 07:11:54 PM »
Shameless,wutless, nasty, stink, dutty red negro!   Real jokes in this place yes.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2013, 05:53:54 AM »
Shameless,wutless, nasty, stink, dutty red negro!   Real jokes in this place yes.
It is a disgusting show of contempt for the people.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2013, 06:19:21 AM »
Read this article...and tell me if you REALLY think he care one ass:

http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2013-04-15/volney-not-me-and-pp-again

Never again! That’s the position from the People’s Partnership’s St Joseph MP Herbert Volney on two counts: never again wearing jeans to attend Parliament as he did last Friday; and never again wanting to contest St Joseph for the People’s Partnership in a general election, beginning in 2015.

“I decided in recent weeks I don’t want to contest again because the PP will lose St Joseph and the entire East-West Corridor to the PNM, as this Government is operating exactly how (former Prime Minister) Patrick Manning was—not listening to the people,” Volney said  yesterday. “I’ll have my own say in 2015 if Government continues as they are—St Joseph people will know who not to vote for.’’

Volney has been a PP backbencher since being fired from the post of Justice Minister last September in connection with the Section 34 proclamation issue. In an interview yesterday, Volney said House Speaker Wade Mark called him in after last Friday’s House of Representatives session to advise him against wearing jeans—instead of the traditional suit—to the House as he had done that day. Volney’s attire had been the subject of some after-session debate by PNM MPs last week.

PNM’s Amery Browne, who expressed concern, said MPs do not come to Parliament in jeans since the dress code under protocol for MPs is a suit. Yesterday, Volney said the Speaker did not reprimand him, but cautioned him about wearing the jeans and a sport jacket to Parliament. “The Speaker spoke to me about my attire after the session last Friday, yes,” he said.

“I explained I had come straight from my constituency—that’s how I am attired when I work among the people—and rather than be late for Parliament to go and change into a suit, I decided to come in my sports jacket and jeans. “I informed the Speaker that I meant no disrespect and the next time I will come in my lounge suit. He spoke to me on the issue and I agreed with him. He didn’t reprimand me, we just had a mature chat. The matter was sorted out.”

Volney said he had come last Friday to the Parliament in his new red Audi A6, which bears a the licence plate PCY 34. Explaining the licence plate, Volney said: “I chose 34 as that number has made me unusually respected in T&T—I see it as my lucky number...Also, three and four make seven, which is also my lucky number.

“Indeed, there should be no big celebration on the recent judgment concerning Steve Ferguson on the Section 34 issue, since the truth hasn’t really prevailed,” he said. “The Privy Council also overturns constitutional matters like these all the time.” Volney said he had given the Solicitor General a statement on the Section 34 issue as an affidavit, but this was not used in the issue, though a statement by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan was. He said the AG had made certain findings which were “wholly inconsistent” with his.

“I was the minister who conceived Section 34 and piloted it, so my evidence should have been primary evidence and the AG’s statement, secondary evidence,” Volney said. “But the court didn’t have the benefit of the primary source of evidence which was me.” Volney, who says he was “emancipated” by the Section 34 issue, said: I’m free to represent society with my views...I seek nothing more from this Government. Not me and the ‘monarchy’ again—I done with dat! I can’t have these kinds of bedfellows again.”

“I will certainly have my say in 2015, but I won’t be returning to contest. I’ve notified my constituents. If Government continues going the way they are—not listening to the people like Mr Manning did—they’ll be decimated in St Joseph and the East-West Corridor in general election and will return to their 15 ‘heartland’ seats.”

He added: “The PNM doesn’t even have to work St Joseph, people won’t be voting PNM in 2015, they’ll just be voting against the PP. At this rate, the same thing that happened with Manning will happen with Kamla Persad-Bissessar. They’re making the same mistakes and heading to similar destruction.” Asked if he would speak out against the PP in 2015, Volney said: “I’ll do what my conscience tells me to...”

Asked if he would heed PP requests for him to contest again, Volney added: “I leave it in God’s hands. The way the PP’s going now, I will not be a part of that. But two years is a long time in politics, they can still make a turnaround. They need to start listening to the people and she needs to get rid of a few people in her Cabinet.” Volney, who says he votes on special majority legislation according to bills, said he supported the Anti-Doping in Sports bill last week.

But he added: “The epicentre of change has always been St Joseph, it’s like an earthquake that ripples in all direction...and the most powerful position I’ve held is to be a Member of Parliament. One can bring down a government or make a government.”
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:14 AM »
Everyday I ask myself what next, they can't get any more obscene. Then I'm proven wrong.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
Everyday I ask myself what next, they can't get any more obscene. Then I'm proven wrong.

Always remember we are the land of the limbo low is very low.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2013, 08:52:57 AM »
Volney: Not me and PP again
Published: Monday, April 15, 2013Gail AlexanderText Size:  12px 14px 16px 18px 20px 22px Gail Alexander
Published: Monday, April 15, 2013
'PNM will regain corridor in 2015'
Never again! That’s the position from the People’s Partnership’s St Joseph MP Herbert Volney on two counts: never again wearing jeans to attend Parliament as he did last Friday; and never again wanting to contest St Joseph for the People’s Partnership in a general election, beginning in 2015.

“I decided in recent weeks I don’t want to contest again because the PP will lose St Joseph and the entire East-West Corridor to the PNM, as this Government is operating exactly how (former Prime Minister) Patrick Manning was—not listening to the people,” Volney said  yesterday. “I’ll have my own say in 2015 if Government continues as they are—St Joseph people will know who not to vote for.’’

Volney has been a PP backbencher since being fired from the post of Justice Minister last September in connection with the Section 34 proclamation issue. In an interview yesterday, Volney said House Speaker Wade Mark called him in after last Friday’s House of Representatives session to advise him against wearing jeans—instead of the traditional suit—to the House as he had done that day. Volney’s attire had been the subject of some after-session debate by PNM MPs last week.

PNM’s Amery Browne, who expressed concern, said MPs do not come to Parliament in jeans since the dress code under protocol for MPs is a suit. Yesterday, Volney said the Speaker did not reprimand him, but cautioned him about wearing the jeans and a sport jacket to Parliament. “The Speaker spoke to me about my attire after the session last Friday, yes,” he said.

“I explained I had come straight from my constituency—that’s how I am attired when I work among the people—and rather than be late for Parliament to go and change into a suit, I decided to come in my sports jacket and jeans. “I informed the Speaker that I meant no disrespect and the next time I will come in my lounge suit. He spoke to me on the issue and I agreed with him. He didn’t reprimand me, we just had a mature chat. The matter was sorted out.”

Volney said he had come last Friday to the Parliament in his new red Audi A6, which bears a the licence plate PCY 34. Explaining the licence plate, Volney said: “I chose 34 as that number has made me unusually respected in T&T—I see it as my lucky number...Also, three and four make seven, which is also my lucky number.

“Indeed, there should be no big celebration on the recent judgment concerning Steve Ferguson on the Section 34 issue, since the truth hasn’t really prevailed,” he said. “The Privy Council also overturns constitutional matters like these all the time.” Volney said he had given the Solicitor General a statement on the Section 34 issue as an affidavit, but this was not used in the issue, though a statement by Attorney General Anand Ramlogan was. He said the AG had made certain findings which were “wholly inconsistent” with his.

“I was the minister who conceived Section 34 and piloted it, so my evidence should have been primary evidence and the AG’s statement, secondary evidence,” Volney said. “But the court didn’t have the benefit of the primary source of evidence which was me.” Volney, who says he was “emancipated” by the Section 34 issue, said: I’m free to represent society with my views...I seek nothing more from this Government. Not me and the ‘monarchy’ again—I done with dat! I can’t have these kinds of bedfellows again.”

“I will certainly have my say in 2015, but I won’t be returning to contest. I’ve notified my constituents. If Government continues going the way they are—not listening to the people like Mr Manning did—they’ll be decimated in St Joseph and the East-West Corridor in general election and will return to their 15 ‘heartland’ seats.”

He added: “The PNM doesn’t even have to work St Joseph, people won’t be voting PNM in 2015, they’ll just be voting against the PP. At this rate, the same thing that happened with Manning will happen with Kamla Persad-Bissessar. They’re making the same mistakes and heading to similar destruction.” Asked if he would speak out against the PP in 2015, Volney said: “I’ll do what my conscience tells me to...”

Asked if he would heed PP requests for him to contest again, Volney added: “I leave it in God’s hands. The way the PP’s going now, I will not be a part of that. But two years is a long time in politics, they can still make a turnaround. They need to start listening to the people and she needs to get rid of a few people in her Cabinet.” Volney, who says he votes on special majority legislation according to bills, said he supported the Anti-Doping in Sports bill last week.

But he added: “The epicentre of change has always been St Joseph, it’s like an earthquake that ripples in all direction...and the most powerful position I’ve held is to be a Member of Parliament. One can bring down a government or make a government.”

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
Rowley releases section 34 email ‘conspiracy’
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 03:40:23 PM »
Rowley releases section 34 email ‘conspiracy’ .....calls of President to appoint Integrity Commission

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Rowley-releases-section-34-email-conspiracy-208188301.html#idc-container

By Richard Charan

Story Created: May 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM ECT

Story Updated: May 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM ECT
OPPOSITION Leader Dr Keith Rowley today read an exchange of emails alleging a conspiracy meant to silence the media and the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) in connection with the proclamation of Section 34.

The emails which were released by Rowley during debate on his no confidence motion in the government, detailed a plan to tap the phone of DPP Roger Gaspard, remove him from office, and dig up dirt on a Guardian reporter pursuing the Section 34 story.

Among the email addresses mentioned by Rowley - anan@gmail.com , surujrambachan@hotmail.com, garygriffith@hotmail.com and kamlapb1@gmail.com.

However, Attorney General Anand Ramlogan responded to the charges, has denied the emails anan@gmail.com belonged to him, saying he had nothing to hide and the claims made by Rowley was a shameful attempt to damage the international reputation of the government.

He said the claim was "pure and utter fabrication", "an act of
political desperation", and "nothing short of character assassination".

Opposition Chief Whip Marlene McDonald responded by saying that the Attorney general had failed to respond to Rowley's motion.

The email exchange is purported to have happened last September
when there was swift public outrage sparked by the early proclamation of Section 34 of the Administration of Justice (Indictable Proceedings) Act 2011.

Section 34 enabled persons who stand accused of an indictable offence to apply to a judge to throw out a case if more than ten years had passed since the commission of the alleged offence and if the trial had not yet started.

United National Congress (UNC) financiers Ish Galbaransingh and Steve Ferguson were among several accused who applied to the court to be freed and whose cases were thrown out in the High Court and now appealed. Section 34 was eventually repealed in a special sitting of the Parliament.

The no confidence motion being debated reads: Whereas the sanctity of the Parliament and lawfully constituted institutions and other authorities are fundamental to our democracy and must be protected at all times; and Whereas by a series of actions, the UNC-led Government of Trinidad and Tobago under the leadership of the Prime Minister, has attacked and conspired to undermine key institutions of State, namely: The Judiciary; The Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions; The Parliamentary Opposition; and The Media; and Whereas other Members of the Cabinet of Trinidad and Tobago, specifically, the Attorney General and the Minister of Local Government have also participated in such attacks against these important institutions of our democracy: Be it resolved that this House confirms its loss of confidence in the Prime Minister and the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.
Rowley called on the office of the DPP to take action to protect citizens, and for President Anthony Carmona to moved swiftly to appoint members to the Integrity Commission so that it could investigate the claims made.

Debate is expected to continue into tonight.
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Rowley releases section 34 email ‘conspiracy’
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
C News Live
Rowley reads email on Guardian reporter: "Do a trace on her, every reporter has skeletons in their closet" - Mr. Speaker soon after a most slanderous article appeared on Denise Renne.

C News Live
Rowley quotes email: "Everything is already in place in DPP's office. Nothing is out of the ordinary yet. Spoke with PM and she is furious."

C News Live
Rowley quotes email between Anand and Gary Griffith: "I need access to taps in the DPP's office. I want to know what his next move is."
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 03:53:15 PM »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2013, 06:18:22 PM »
[1] From: anan@gmail.com

Date: Sat 2 Sep 2012 22:11:00 – 0400

To: kamlapb1@gmail.com

Subject: RE: Update

My lady, please relax, everything is in place, nothing to worry about. We will soon chat.

[2] Subject: Re: What’s up

To: anan@gmail.com

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 02:07:36 +0000

I am worried AG. I do not want this to blow up in our faces. This has to be done seamlessly.

[3] Subject: Re: Update

To: anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net.tt

Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 02:15:14 +0000

How are things going with this, do you need to brief me on anything. Did you make contact yet? Will he be on board. I don’t want surprises.

[4] From: anan@gmail.com

Date: 9/06/12 22:02:45

Subject: Worry not

Nothing will be traced back to you. We are always united.

[5] Subj: Monies owed

Date: 9/06/12 11:38:04 AM SA Western Standard Time

To: anan@gmail.com

CC:

Are you sure everything is in place. Did you chat with the DPP and ask him about it? Try and find out.

Btw, she says you are asking for much money.

[6] Subject: Re: Monies owed

TO: kamlapb1@gmail.com

Date: 9/06/12 12:15:01

I scoff that it’s too much. We are the ones taking the risk. At the end of this I want a helipad on my roof top.

There is no price for freedom they know this. I do not know why you engage her.

I am yet to approach him, but will do soon.

[7] Subject: Re: Monies owed

To: anan@gmail.com; anand@tstt.net.tt

Date: 9/06/12 12:35:45

It’s not a matter of engaging, she has done so much for us and I appreciate her. Tone down your requests and focus elsewhere for now.

[8] Subject: Re: Monies owed

Date:9/06/12 12:45:11

As you wish my lady, Take care and we shall chat later.

[9] From anan@gmail.com

Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 22:15:40-0500

To: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com;Roodal@tstt.net.tt;surujrambacan@hotmail.com

Subject: Help needed

There’s an article a reporter from Guardian called me about involving our boys. I need you to get your feelers out there and nip the story. Call the Sunday Guardian Editor and threaten her with ads if you have too just make sure the article does not come out. Will call you later.

[10] Subject: Meeting

On Sat. Sep 8, 2012 at 10:06:05 PM, wrote

Call a meeting, we need to talk urgently

[11]From: kamlapb1@gmail.com

Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 14:51:18-0500

To: anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net

Subject: Guardian article

AR:

What is going? Did you see the article. I thought you had friends in the Guardian. How could this happen? Fix it.

[12] On Sun, Sep 9, 2012 at 2:51 PM, anan@gmail.com wrote:

I saw the article. Not to worry, remember Opposition supported this. That will be our defense

[13] FROM: kamlapb1@gmail.com

TO: anan@gmail.com; anand@tstt.net.tt

Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:27 PM

Deal with this mess.

Did she speak with James? You said he could be trusted. Does she have a copy?

[14] Sunday, September 9, 2012 10:30PM

James knows he cannot say anything. I doubt she has a copy. She is bluffing. I will retain him to write a letter refuting what she said. I sent out a release already. Remember everyone supported this. The PNM will loose out for allowing this to happen. Do not worry.

[15] FROM: anan@gmail.com

TO: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:33 AM

We have a problem. Things are getting heated. Need access to taps in DPP office. I want to know what his next move is. How soon can you arrange?

[16] FROM: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com

TO: anan@gmail.com; anand@tstt.net.tt

Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 1:40 AM

I will call SSA and get B. Ganpat is out of the country, he would be against this move. You know he leaks

[17]On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 6:51 AM, anan@gmail.com wrote:

I gave instructions to B to sent him Germany for two weeks. I want someone to monitor DPP for this week. He made some statements. The normal protocol applies.

[18] FROM: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com

TO: anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net.tt

Mon Sep 10, 2012 at …AM

Everything is already in place in DPP office. Nothing out of the ordinary yet, Spoke with PM and she is furious

about the article. What about the reporter, tag her as well? My person..Guardian said she has a copy

of Lewis advice and is just toying with you. She does have someone in the US Embassy and is asking questions.

Last time we checked she contact Counselor to the Attorney General Channing Phillips.

Do you think someone there is feeding her?

[19] On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM, anand@tstt.co.tt wrote:

That f….. whore don’t have sh… on me. More than likely she called Thomas at the Embassy.

Do a trace on her, every reporter has skeletons in their closet and post it to our FB people

Find out how the f… she quoted from something she has no access too. I want this by this evening and I want to know who is her source.

[20] FROM: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com

TO: anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net.tt

Mon. Sep 10, 2012 at 11:15AM

Yes boss.

That will take the heat off a while when other things pop up. Deal with this matter AG

[21]From:kamlapb1@gmail.com>

Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2012 23:51:31 -0400

To:anan@gmail.com;anand@tstt.net.tt

Subject: RE: Urgent

The US contacted me and are f…… angry, I thought you had a hold on this

This will cause major backlash. They even threatened to black-list us. Come up with a plan AG.

[22] Subject: Re: Urgent

Date:Wed, 11 Sep 2012 09:21:44 +0000

Right now our best bet will be giving Gaspard a position on the bench and bring in a replacement. We could also feed our media people that Gaspard was part of the consultation at the Hall of Justice this year and he did not have a problem at the meeting. Let’s try the judge position first.

[23] From:kamlapb1@gmail.com

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2012 09:54:39

Subject: RE: Urgent

Have a chat with Archie, let them offer him the position. Archie is normally co-operative.

[24]Subject: Re: Urgent

Have you dealt with the mess yet? We are getting bad press. Deal with this AG

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2012 09:59:44

[25] Subject: Re: Urgent

To: anan@gmailcom;anand@tstt.net.tt

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2012 13:00:42 -0000

How things looking? The media are having a field day, PM is angry. The US also on the case.

[26] Subject: Re: Urgent

To: captaingarygriffith@hotmail.com

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2012 14:00:22 +0000

Something is not right with that b..ch she knows too much. Did you find out her source? I was the only one who had this and she does not know Lewis. She does not know any QC, that I found out from her court colleague. She quoted things and asking questions to lawyers that no one knows.. did you find out anything on her..how are things at DPP.

[27] Subject: Re: Urgent

Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2012 15:00

Will check with DPP status and give you a report later. The reporter does have a history. She has a file..it’s really touch and go. She was in Florida at an institution in late 2003. attempted suicide. Her family are PNM, dad was in jail and recently released. Also added some stuff and sent it to FB. They will take it from there.

[28] From: anan@gmail.com

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:47:08

To:surujrambachan@hotmail.com

Subject: Deal with the problem

This b…ch is becoming a problem to me. I’m told she has copies of documents and possibly cheques I don’t want

to leave anything to chance. I want this dealt with. find a way. I passed info to FB and they would f… her up but that’s not enough. Do something to slow her, PM is angry I assured her things will be good. I feel like I failed.. just deal with that b…ch soon if she has what I think, then we will all be implicated.

[29] Subject: Re: Deal with problem

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:58:-2

What did you have in mind: Does she drive, walk, do you know her movements. We should meet and discuss. How soon.

[30] Re: Deal with problem

Hide Details

To: surujrambachan@hotmail.com

Message flagged

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 10:00PM

I don’t care what you do, just deal with the problem soon. Gary has the file on her . Whatever is one, let it be done through a third party. This is getting out of hand now. PM is frantic and is begging me for a distraction. I don’t think anything on Hart will provide that. I gave her the assurance that things will be ok. I also advised her to get rid of Volney, but she is weighing her options.

[31] Subject: Re: deal with problem

To: anan@gmail.com; anand@tstt.net.tt

Date: Wed 19 Sep 2012 10:08:32

She will face opposition if she even contemplates getting rid of you. But don’t worry, we will chat tomorrow and finalize plans for that girl .
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:07 PM »
This very easy to prove. If these emails turn out to be real, this go be the mother load.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:22:41 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »
Dise too much lackaray to read.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
All this after Janice Sasha Maraj Thomas.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
This could blow up in Rowley face.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Rowley releases section 34 email ‘conspiracy’
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2013, 09:40:02 PM »

The man gambling big here. All or nothing.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »

Ent!
Them emails looking like they come from the same place as the Patrick Manning/Basdeo Panday blogs.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2013, 09:47:14 PM »
Volney in shock

By Renuka Singh
Story Created: May 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM ECT
Story Updated: May 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM ECT

Former justice minister Herbert Volney has expressed shock over the e-mail correspondence read out by Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley at the start of yesterday’s debate on the no-confidence motion against the Government. 
Volney, in a telephone interview yesterday, said he was in Parliament for Rowley’s contribution supporting his no-confidence motion in the Government, but left before Attorney General Anand Ramlogan’s rebuttal began.
“I did not want to sit there and listen to the Government defend the indefensible,” Volney said.
He said some of e-mails Rowley read struck him as true and as such, led him to believe that the rest of the e-mails could also be true. He noted that in the e-mails, as read by Rowley, Ramlogan advised the Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar to send him home and she did.

“I was shocked. They have given me a lot to think about,” Volney said.
“I have followed the factual matrix of the e-mails. When something has an undesigned coincidence it becomes conjecture and can carry the circumstantial evidence of fact,” he said.

He said if the e-mails were in any way true, then Ramlogan should be sent home until the matter was thoroughly investigated.
He said he felt “exonerated, wholly and completely exonerated” by some of the details of the e-mail correspondence.
“They have given me food for thought. I have to pray over the question of whether I want to remain with this Government,” Volney said.

Last September, during the height of the contentious early proclamation of Section 34 , Volney was fired from Government. 
The Prime Minister had then said that it was Volney who had “misrepresented” the approval of the Chief Justice and the Director of Public Prosecutions in the early proclamation of the clause. Since then, Volney has remained a member of the United National Congress (UNC) but has often called for Ramlogan to be removed from his office for his part in the fiasco.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Volney-in-shock-208243281.html
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2013, 10:05:51 PM »
Them emails sounding rel bogus. If those are the email Rowley read he get ketch big time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 10:39:26 PM »
Them emails sounding rel bogus. If those are the email Rowley read he get ketch big time.

We know Rowley ent too smart but you would think he would have enough sense but to have some way of halfway proving the validity of the emails.

Then again it could have somebody or people in the PNM trying to f00k him .
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »

We know Rowley ent too smart but you would think he would have enough sense but to have some way of halfway proving the validity of the emails.

Then again it could have somebody or people in the PNM trying to f00k him .

I figure is some PP sympathizer who set him up... but ah say lemmih hush and watch de ride.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 02:35:49 AM »
For Rowley's sake I hope that he sought some form of verification of the authenticity of these emails, from an outside source. This just smells like a set up.

As Rowley himself stated, the information came from a PP whistle blower so whether legitimate or not it came from the government. Given the purported sophistication of the PP's PR machinery, a creative storyboard could be easily reproduced and sequenced to the actual dates to appear real, packaged and sent to the opposition leader. The use of emails back and forth just doesn't sit right with me where so many other instant messenger features are available, and less traceable. More than likely these emails were done via mobile. How does one extract and package that unless they were part of the communication chain themselves if it were authentic? Then again this gov't is known to be careless with covering their tracks visa vie Reshmi SIA appointment thinking it wouldn't be uncovered.

If his only corroboration was to align the email trail to actual events then that is surely not good enough, and sorry to say but any attempt to use state resources to verify this information is highly speculative as PP operatives are fully integrated into the state security apparatus.

He has been holding this information for 6 months, surely within that time he could have gone to the FBI or Scotland yard as the repercussions for putting this information out in the pubic domain has mass implications for both the government, himself and the party he represents.

I hope that Rowley's circle of trust, just as I have put these thoughts out there, evaluated the circumstances before he filed his motion. I guess we will wait and see the outcome.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 03:33:13 AM »
Plot to cover up section 34
Rowley: ‘Anan’, ‘KPB’ targeted T&T Guardian reporter

Opposition leader Dr Keith Rowley wants the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) and the Integrity Commission to probe e-mails purportedly bearing the names of frontline government officials who allegedly wanted to tap the DPP’s phone after the Section 34 furore. Rowley also claimed the e-mails revealed moves to shift the DPP to the judiciary and further discussed intended intimidation of a T&T Guardian reporter who broke the Section 34 story last September.

The PNM leader alleged the contents of the e-mails were all part of a conspiracy which was afoot among Government’s frontline members last September to deal with the heated situation the administration had to face when the Section 34 issue broke. Rowley dropped the bombshells when he launched yesterday’s Parliament debate on his motion of no confidence against Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and her Government. In an immediate response, Persad-Bissessar announced that she had written acting Commissioner of Police, Stephen Williams, to start a probe into the claims.

Rowley said he had received the package of 31 e-mails on the Section 34 issue from a whistleblower six months ago and had sent it to the President. He gave the e-mail addresses as “kamlapb1@gmail.com”, “anan@gmail.com”, “captaingarygriffith@hotmail” and “surujrambachan@hotmail”. Rowley said the body of e-mails covered 17 days in September 2012 when Government was called upon to answer on the Section 34 issue. He said the unnamed whistleblower was a source who wanted the public to know about the situation and the information in the e-mails “points to grievous wrongdoing on the part of officials who had failed to answer questions on the issue.”

He cited the exchange of e-mails in that regard, particularly between the “kamlapb1” address and the “anan” address. He also noted that a particular target of the e-mail discussion was the DPP. Rowley noted one September 10 e-mail at the height of the Section 34 furore, in which “taps” were being sought for the DPP’s phones and a September 11 e-mail which alluded to offering the DPP a post in the judiciary and finding a replacement for him. He said: “They had problems with the DPP and it could only be solved by him being removed and bringing in a replacement.”

Rowley also cited how the owners of the e-mail addresses spoke about T&T Guardian reporter Denyse Renne, who had written the September 9, 2012, story which broke the Section 34 fiasco, how upset they were about that and what they wanted to do as a result. After those particular e-mails a vicious slanderous attack was launched against Renne on the Internet. “I leave you to come to the conclusions where there was any connection between the intent and the instructions in those e-mails,” he said. Rowley added: “This package of e-mails points to high crimes in the office of T&T. This matter, because of the nature of it, requires the urgent attention on the part of T&T because the one thing we cannot do is take the Government’s word.”

He said it may be that the proper examination of the e-mails would show that the mandate the Government received in May 2010 was sold for financial gains and the Government “was in the employ of people who used the Government’s mandate to protect themselves from courts locally and abroad.” Rowley also called on the DPP to examine what was said in Parliament yesterday and called on the Integrity Commission to discharge its responsibility to oversee the conduct of public officers. In the absence of an Integrity Commission, Rowley called on the President to ensure that body was appointed swiftly. Noting the comments made in the e-mails about Renne, for instance, Rowley said that was a harbinger of “terrible things “ and was how the mafiosi spoke when they met to discuss “people who were in their way.”

Noting one September 8 e-mail which spoke of calling a meeting, Rowley said the Prime Minister did indeed hold a special Cabinet meeting on September 10 on Section 34. “That September 8 e-mail seems to have been a harbinger of things to come. I leave you to draw your own conclusions,” he added. He also noted a September 19 e-mail on advice to fire former justice minister Herbert Volney, who was fired in connection with Section 34 on September 21. Rowley several times referred to former US president Richard Nixon and the Watergate issue, saying the same thing had happened there. There was largely dead silence on the PP side as Rowley spoke. AG Ramlogan took notes as the PNM leader talked. Before Rowley concluded, House Leader Roodal Moonilal asked to see copies of the e-mails. Moonilal later went over to the AG’s desk to confer with him. When Ramlogan was replying, PP backbencher Herbert Volney got up and left. Moonilal yesterday said debate would last four days, possibly ending Thursday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 05:27:25 AM »
Finding some holes already

this email in question anan@gmail.com

Google has a minimum 6 character limit when setting up a Gmail account. It used to be 5 now 6.

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/954N-ul7umY
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 05:40:41 AM »
Who say second term ?

1]; } ?>