April 28, 2024, 11:00:28 PM

Author Topic: Soccer Worries  (Read 2934 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soccer Worries
« on: September 19, 2012, 06:17:28 PM »
Jovan Ravello's in-depth look at football in Trinidad and Tobago on all levels.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jq1jbtk2nlw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jq1jbtk2nlw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4hoiWcMAY3I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4hoiWcMAY3I</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uzkwo8hHs8Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uzkwo8hHs8Y</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LAg7ag_83VQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LAg7ag_83VQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soccer Worries
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Is long time i saying this, but people on here say dat i am the king of dotish talkin, so i will hush and let the ppl who really know de game come and say the same ting i've been saying all along.

the very same ting i said is the same thing bleeder reiterate but in a different way, none the less, the same message.

i've been saying all along that we need academies, smaller community grounds in the pro league, we need discipline amongst the players in the league, same thing brent talk about, with the "i reach star boy" syndrome, which have to go, all this is keeping our football in the pig pen. i guess these seasoned professional players talk bull crap too??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:19:19 AM »
Yes we need an academy, however the local coaches have no experience in academy development.
These same local coach can't even teach the players how to defend properly,  we don't change tactics within games we come out and play the same style every game. I have absolutely no confidence in these local coaches, the game has evolved and our coaches are still stock in the 80ths.

I had a conversion with a  former national player who played overseas for years, he explained to me that these coaches in Trinidad are horrible they were a major  part of the problem.

We all seem to think that the establishment of a soccer academy  will solve all our problems well I say if we open an academy we need foreign coaches from top to bottom we could have the locals help out work learn from the foreign coaches.

The coaches all have to be from one country for example Spain , France Holland Argentina Brazil Germany.   
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »
We all seem to think that the establishment of a soccer academy  will solve all our problems well I say if we open an academy we need foreign coaches from top to bottom we could have the locals help out work learn from the foreign coaches.

Bally Bro, I beg to differ. The part with coaches from top to bottom. You may as well send all of them yutes to foreign. You just can't shut out the local coaches. That means, even you will not even get a look at.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 10:26:12 AM »
I‘m not saying lock them entirely, however these coaches continue to fail the young players all kind of excuses about young players who need guidance.

With some people calling them  lazy with starboy attitude and all kind of nonsense  if the coaches are stock in the  1980's and the game is in 2012 how can we improve the players, remember academy football entails football and education.

they live at the facilities go to school at the academy and evaluated  etc. You really think we have coaches in Trinidad that could do all this? By-the-way  when I say top to bottom I mean from under 12 to under 18 should have the same style of coaching from the coaches should be from the same  country.
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 10:33:59 AM »

Bally Bro, I beg to differ. The part with coaches from top to bottom. You may as well send all of them yutes to foreign. You just can't shut out the local coaches. That means, even you will not even get a look at.

I agree with Bally that we need to import some foreign coaches. However, I wouldn't necessarily have them all from the same country. An academy doesn't just develop players, it develops coaches, administrators, physios and even match officials.

Therefore, I would have the Director of Football, the Head Coach and the Head physio from overseas and the rest of the staff would be locals.

One of the major issues facing T&T football is the isolation from footballing "hotspots" where football people talk, observe and learn.

An example: The new physio at Central F.C. was previously at the Glen Hoddle Academy, where many big teams came to train before Champions League games and Pre Season tours. He noted that Bayer Leverkusen players were given pizzas immediately upon entering the dressing room after games. Not the usual after match fare for athletes. After enquiring, he learnt that pizza has pretty much all you need to quickly replace lost carbs and proteins. Another fact: Cranberry juice is much better than any other fruit juice as its absorbed completely by the stomach.

These small examples, when added with many other tips and techniques, create a much more informed staff.   

The aim must always be to eventually have local coaches run the academy with support from foreign advisors.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »
I have no issues will acadamies having foreign staff at all position. But I think the acadamies should be geared to training local coaches as FS stated, which in the long run will be run by locals. At the same time local coaches could be training in overseas acadamies and bring that knowledge to the local acadamies. This is not rocket science. It takes a bit of altruism, commitment and financial resources.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

Come on deeks, this is the same mentality that have us suckin arse for all these yrs. the fact of the matter is that we need plenty help, but trinidadians are too proud to admit that we need the fackin help.

bally hit the fackin nail right the head, what good is an academy without having proper coaches who are on the up on up with the modern game.

is like we blind to the reality or what? when last we made an impact on any competition? we go to the CCL and get beat out either in the first or second round, when last we made ah quarter final or win a CCL, when last we made an impact in any regional competition?

right now teams like guyana, and peurto rico (who just started playing football the other day) dun caught up with us, look @ cuba and panama how they flew right passed us, we can't beat them no more, and guess why, not bc we don't have skilled players anymore, but these countries started taking football seriously and they are acquiring the help that they need to move forward by getting outside help.

i saw when the german coach took that job he was fought tooth and nail by all the local fraternity, even when wim went to the pro league and tell them that they needed to raise the level of the game, instead of taking the criticism constructively they took offense and did nothing! so now the league is out dated and substandard, and players and national make up suffer for it.

the truth of the matter iz, we need help, and we need it real bad, and urgently too. and unless these xenophobic arseholes who seem to be entrenched in T&T football who don't have a clue of the modern game leave T&T football be and let the people who could help come in and and fix the problem, we will continue to sink in that out dated filth they call T&T football.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:37:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
Cool, I am no Xenophobe. If you look at the history of TT football, you will see we have had countless foreign coaches. So don't say TT are not open to foreign ideas. Almost al our local coaches have taken at least one course taught by a foreigner. In the late 60's when Michael Lang(Englishman) was coaching for 70 WC, he did work with local coaches. When Kevin Verity was here for 74 WC, he did some work with coaches too. In the mid 70s the Min. of ED, Sport had extensive coaching courses done at Chagaramus for local coaches.(Eddie Hart, Ken Henry, Edgar Vidale, Ken Hodge, Sufere Hercules(Essex coach, Dennis Yip, Baldy Hernandez and many I can't remember got their  certication). I think the German run that program. The problem with TT is continuity. They just stop and think everything will take off for itself. To run an academy, you need financial resources following. That means either private and/or gov't. These two entities never seem to be in sync in TT. That is why we don't have a proper acadamy. Then the reign of terror by Renraw has taken a toll on the football fraternity. There are 100s of veterans who refuse to have anything to do with official football. They will impart the knowledge for some youths and that is it. Football can't run so.

When Alvin Corneal got his FA badge, there was plans for him to be at UWI. UWI was suppose to implement a Phys. Ed. program that will will encorporate coaches of all sports. They were to be assisted by various international sports association. Again what happened to that. UTT was suppose to implement the same thing. What happen to that?

My say is, If a coalition of private entities want to do that, I say go for it. They using their money and nobody can't tell what to do.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:22:19 PM by Deeks »

Offline ragga

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 04:35:20 PM »

right now teams like guyana, and peurto rico (who just started playing football the other day) dun caught up with us, look @ cuba and panama how they flew right passed us, we can't beat them no more, and guess why, not bc we don't have skilled players anymore, but these countries started taking football seriously and they are acquiring the help that they need to move forward by getting outside help.
[/quote]

me think the above quote can help trigger a solution by checking why did gt/cuba etc pass we.

in that regard, we should look at the leader in we region (cfu/concacaf) and determine what we need to do to "get past them".

if we look at just catching up with them, we go always be playing catch up (like heinz).

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »

me think the above quote can help trigger a solution by checking why did gt/cuba etc pass we.

in that regard, we should look at the leader in we region (cfu/concacaf) and determine what we need to do to "get past them".

if we look at just catching up with them, we go always be playing catch up (like heinz).

[/quote]Breds, we was way ahead, what you talking bout katch up. right now we should have been the big dog in concacaf if we had the right people in football.

there was a time when we used to beat mexicio hands down, teams like venezuela caught licks as well as argentina. all these jerks in T&T need to do is spend some money and show genuine interest in football and we would be in the top three of concacaf.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:54:54 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2012, 06:15:44 PM »
Cool, I am no Xenophobe. If you look at the history of TT football, you will see we have had countless foreign coaches. So don't say TT are not open to foreign ideas. Almost al our local coaches have taken at least one course taught by a foreigner. In the late 60's when Michael Lang(Englishman) was coaching for 70 WC, he did work with local coaches. When Kevin Verity was here for 74 WC, he did some work with coaches too. In the mid 70s the Min. of ED, Sport had extensive coaching courses done at Chagaramus for local coaches.(Eddie Hart, Ken Henry, Edgar Vidale, Ken Hodge, Sufere Hercules(Essex coach, Dennis Yip, Baldy Hernandez and many I can't remember got their  certication). I think the German run that program. The problem with TT is continuity. They just stop and think everything will take off for itself. To run an academy, you need financial resources following. That means either private and/or gov't. These two entities never seem to be in sync in TT. That is why we don't have a proper acadamy. Then the reign of terror by Renraw has taken a toll on the football fraternity. There are 100s of veterans who refuse to have anything to do with official football. They will impart the knowledge for some youths and that is it. Football can't run so.

When Alvin Corneal got his FA badge, there was plans for him to be at UWI. UWI was suppose to implement a Phys. Ed. program that will will encorporate coaches of all sports. They were to be assisted by various international sports association. Again what happened to that. UTT was suppose to implement the same thing. What happen to that?

My say is, If a coalition of private entities want to do that, I say go for it. They using their money and nobody can't tell what to do.
Deeks, these men in T&T is xenophobes no arse bro!!! they even xenophobic against trinis who live abroad, bc when we come home they does try to make us as uncomfortable as possible.

these fellas who went away for their certification has to go that route if they want to ply their trade, but like the german said, "a piece of paper and a few lectures is not certification" like bally said, they have all this and still can't coach, which goes to show that a piece of paper don't necessarily make you a coach, but experience and training in the right environment, and most of these local coaches never coach on ah higher level even as an assistant, but they get ah piece of paper and run back home to coach.   stueps!.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
http://www.livestrong.com/article/454114-eating-pizza-after-a-workout/
I could find articles both for an against...I just typed Pizza & Exercise.

many ppl try to sell their observation as the truth, but most every event has different perspectives, depend on how close you can look, and some not so close as to "not see the forest cause ah the trees"...anyway , with todays internet, you can gather info on anything - from admin. a club to player nutrition, training, development..a sorta guide to Professionalism for dummies, and choose what's best for your situation..I did a degree in Ex. Science, specialization in sports med. and I can tell you, I could find everything I invest years (&money) to study right on the internet today....the knowledge I have however, in not totally useless, cause it sometimes give me an insight into the flaws of some new innovations.

Don't take nobody word as the truth, just let them be a point of reference...it's not that they handing yuh bs, it might be, that's as far as they got with their research...anway, just sayin
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:03:06 PM by maxg »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2012, 06:56:10 PM »

And this is the point:  For instance, pizza made on a whole wheat or thin crust, topped with tomato sauce, sauteed vegetables and lean chicken can make for a healthy alternative that still satisfies your craving for pizza.

There are foods that are not a typical constituent of a healthy diet, yet at key times, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Skinless chicken breast is very good, yet its hard to find in T&T unless you cook it yourself. And most footballers only know how to cook certain meals in a certain way. Education is the key.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:16:34 PM »

And this is the point:  For instance, pizza made on a whole wheat or thin crust, topped with tomato sauce, sauteed vegetables and lean chicken can make for a healthy alternative that still satisfies your craving for pizza.

There are foods that are not a typical constituent of a healthy diet, yet at key times, the benefits outweigh the negatives. Skinless chicken breast is very good, yet its hard to find in T&T unless you cook it yourself. And most footballers only know how to cook certain meals in a certain way. Education is the key.

so next staff must be...Nutrionist & chef. ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »

so next staff must be...Nutrionist & chef. ;D

Well, yes. Even at League 2 clubs in UK, players have prepared meals after training and pre game. At Spurs they have 3 chefs who serve up to 200 meals per day at the training ground. On Fridays, the academy boys collect shopping bags with their weeks food to take home for their landladys. All bags are identical aside from, say, grapes instead of strawberries, depending on the individuals preferences.

Pro League clubs will probably not reach this level, but a national youth academy would have a nutritionist and chef  :o 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »
Chat a lot about academy...presented an alternative...not going there again..sure if anyone wish, can find about 3 threads of discussion, even on the old board..we could barely organize a practice game...anyway alternative "sport étude"..easier program to run, more acceptable program parents can trust..check it out

1]; } ?>