March 28, 2024, 09:59:37 AM

Author Topic: What is happening in World Football????  (Read 2585 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
What is happening in World Football????
« on: September 21, 2012, 06:18:26 AM »
This is insane, what the f*ck is wrong with people

Grenade thrown on field

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rPVLJzeZ9i8
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: What is happening in World Football????
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 12:37:45 PM »
something fishy bout dat.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:44:55 PM »
No way that is a frag grenade though , all them would probably be dead or wounded there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
the "grenade" goes over the board and before it can drop there is an explosion at the foot of the board.  Board eh light up nor buss open.  Was it live when the player picked it up? No way.  Did he pull the pin? Doh look so.  So exactly how it supposedly detonate?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:29 PM »
was probably meant for Jack Horner.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
was probably meant for Jack Horner.
:rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 02:02:39 PM »
the "grenade" goes over the board and before it can drop there is an explosion at the foot of the board.  Board eh light up nor buss open.  Was it live when the player picked it up? No way.  Did he pull the pin? Doh look so.  So exactly how it supposedly detonate?

Wasn't a grenade... just a powerful firecracker.  The device also didn't "go over the board"  he threw it to the ground and it exploded upon impact.  Not a hoax... it's all over the net (Washington Post, CBS Sports etc.), just Google it.  Happened during an AFC Championship match in Iran on Wednesday.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »
didn't say was a hoax it just look fishy.  I figured it wasn't a grenade the minute I watched the footage.  If you watch it carefully you'll see that the player makes an underhand throw and it hits the top of the board and roll over.  Then boom mini explosion.  Watch it again.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
didn't say was a hoax it just look fishy.  I figured it wasn't a grenade the minute I watched the footage.  If you watch it carefully you'll see that the player makes an underhand throw and it hits the top of the board and roll over.  Then boom mini explosion.  Watch it again.

True it went over the board!  What ever it was, it was no fire cracker.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »

I watched it closely... even wrote an article about it elsewhere  ;)

We see the object disappear about the area of the top of the board, we don't actually see it go over.  We have to look at the totality of the circumstances, we know the player picked up an object, toss it and an explosion took place.  Likely the object "disappears" against the backdrop of the advertising board and lands at the base, rather than going over the board.  The player who tossed it has a much more subdued reaction to the explosion than everyone else... everyone else was taken by greater surprise than he did.  This indicates a link in his mind to the object he tossed and the explosion.

Observer, firecrackers come in a variety of sizes/potencies.  I can't say conclusively that it was a firecracker, but it was no grenade.  Shrapnel woulda  kill/maim everybody in that frame.  Whatever it was, I think we can both agree that it was some time of small explosive  :)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »
Maybe a "flash bang" used in confined spaces to temporary deafen and blind during an assault. Or maybe simply a smoke bomb as seen in many European football stadia?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
Maybe a "flash bang" used in confined spaces to temporary deafen and blind during an assault. Or maybe simply a smoke bomb as seen in many European football stadia?

Did you watch the vid?  There were flames.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »
Looks to me like the object went over and behind the board...when he threw it it clearly contrasted against the white and blue of the board. Had it landed in front of the board we probably would have been able to see it fall all the way to the ground ( given the contrasting colours.)
Initially, even with the magnification, I couldn't see what the player was reaching for on the pitch, so perhaps there were two objects to begin with, the one he picked up and the one that exploded at the base of the board.
Who knows....

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2012, 03:18:53 PM »

Did you watch the vid?  There were flames.

Yeah, but with an explosive device there is always an initial combustion. Even a lighter has a spark! Just speculating.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2012, 03:23:21 PM »
Too much flames to be flashbang. That was a fairly large explosion. But I'm not a explosive expert.

But looking at the video it seems like something else exploded not what he picked up. What he picked up he threw over the billboard.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:27:19 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Yeah, but with an explosive device there is always an initial combustion. Even a lighter has a spark! Just speculating.

Have you ever played with 'fun snaps'?  Friction is enough to set off many explosives... not the least of which being pipe bombs.  A lighter 'sparks' due to friction between the metal and embedded flint.  Nitroglycerin ignites due to collision of the molecules brought on by shaking.  Not that any of these were involved here... just disproving your theory that there is "always an initial combustion".  Heck, I learned early not to play with fire crackers after one was lit and tossed but failed to explode.  I went to retrieve it only to have it explode inches from my hand, blowing off my thumb nail instead.  Many explanations for the way this device exploded.

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »
No way that is a frag grenade though , all them would probably be dead or wounded there
no its not a frag grenade the kills zone for that is 0-3 meters

Offline Andre DosSantos

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:49 AM »
thats not a flash bang either, the FB grenades uses potassium compound that causes that intense white flare that causes temporary blindness.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »

Agree with you....it look like a smoke grenade of much lesser potency than military grade...probably something yuh could get in black market China town or back-door fireworks dealerships, or, in them parts of the world, over the counter....It could very well be that whatever object the player tossed went behind the board and maybe another "explosive" was already layin' in the grass in front the board and went off simultaneously for whatever reason...maybe a delayed or faulty fuse, who knows.  Them so-called "flames" was from whatever igniting fuse it uses, going off, just the way all grenade-type pyrotechnics do.     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 02:16:13 AM »
Not a grenade, or oven close to being a grenade!  :beermug:

1]; } ?>