April 19, 2024, 11:15:05 PM

Author Topic: Planass from Minister's Son  (Read 18775 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Planass from Minister's Son
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 11:42:54 AM »
ah wonder if I coulda stand by and watch this go down boy ?
I eh go lie eh , I go wait for him to put di cutlass back in di car and rest him bottle straight innah him face , I is a face  boy mi eh tekin no chop !!!!!!

war
What if he had ah gun stashed right next to the cut lass??

the white dude did the right thing, walk da fack away, tomorrow is another day and yuh live and learn. if ah man is dotish enough to pull ah blade with very little provocation, then he's is stupid enough tuh pull ah gun and use it if he fell under an attack.

IMO the best way to deal with ppl nowadays especially the young ignoramuses, is to pretend they don't exist, you don't see them or hear them.

i totally ignore them media and play station fed baboons, and i walk very far from them, and if that fails then i does look for a blue and white tuh sic on them, let 5.0 deal with them, not me.

i approaching 50 and i don't want to spend my old days locked up as opposed to helping my yutes, enjoying the world's best stadiums, traveling and enjoying my middle age , yuh mad!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:45:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 03:15:49 PM »
If yuh expect tuh live in trinidad or even visit them you would have too if yuh wanted to increase the odds of your survival!

you feel if the tables was turned and dat whiteman was there eating his double and you werr the one to initiate contact with this clown and he happened to pull the same stunt, yuh think that whiteman was getting involved for you? my guess would be , no chance!

as yuh saw for your self, the other dudes who was there clearly stayed out of it though they were more than physically able to restrain fat boy, as yuh clearly saw, the big belly fella with the black and grey striped shirt took off as soon as he saw fatman returning with ah demon screw on his face, that man anticipated the worst and so should every trini who lives on that rock, if he/she has ah lick of sense.
Exactly why my family keep discouraging me from returning..they say I have no sense...The thing is, I pretty sure I could take it, but not sure I could see somebody else getting it..I hope it's a question that never gets answered..it already has me exiled. Even watching the video was difficult...why somebody have to be bad to step it, why can't it be a good person. And if we just continue to avoid, what is to prevent it happenning to everyone else..ppl expect a police to be standing on every corner...Pppl have to stand up or die for other people, it's the only way you will have your country back..but it's true, easy to talk, I can't say what reality will bring...I know doh, my bud wanted to kill me, cause I was chasing a mugger in Washington..I got lucky, he ran straight into the police..meh bud ask meh not to come back dey again...lol...I agree doh, I wasn't thinking, and it was many years ago, today I am more a thinker than reflex..more resposibilities etc...Thank god I reach here..I hope I would be able to walk away, but not everyone should..just sayin
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 03:19:40 PM by maxg »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
If yuh expect tuh live in trinidad or even visit them you would have too if yuh wanted to increase the odds of your survival!

you feel if the tables was turned and dat whiteman was there eating his double and you werr the one to initiate contact with this clown and he happened to pull the same stunt, yuh think that whiteman was getting involved for you? my guess would be , no chance!

as yuh saw for your self, the other dudes who was there clearly stayed out of it though they were more than physically able to restrain fat boy, as yuh clearly saw, the big belly fella with the black and grey striped shirt took off as soon as he saw fatman returning with ah demon screw on his face, that man anticipated the worst and so should every trini who lives on that rock, if he/she has ah lick of sense.
Exactly why my family keep discouraging me from returning..they say I have no sense...The thing is, I pretty sure I could take it, but not sure I could see somebody else getting it..I hope it's a question that never gets answered..it already has me exiled. Even watching the video was difficult...why somebody have to be bad to step it, why can't it be a good person. And if we just continue to avoid, what is to prevent it happenning to everyone else..ppl expect a police to be standing on every corner...Pppl have to stand up or die for other people, it's the only way you will have your country back..but it's true, easy to talk, I can't say what reality will bring...I know doh, my bud wanted to kill me, cause I was chasing a mugger in Washington..I got lucky, he ran straight into the police..meh bud ask meh not to come back dey again...lol...I agree doh, I wasn't thinking, and it was many years ago, today I am more a thinker than reflex..more resposibilities etc...Thank god I reach here..I hope I would be able to walk away, but not everyone should..just sayin
Pardner, all dat hero talk is just that, the reality iz, when ah man is faced with real situations all those heroic gestures does go out the window.

first off, i not drinkin bush fuh no body fever, if ah man rob yuh and he on his way to escaping i clearing the way, go brave pardner! i not getting caught up fuh no material possessions, especially if it eh mines, fack dat! if i see ah fella getting jumped i might try tuh help out considering the situation eh look too volatile, if is ah family member then i have no choice, hence the reason i like the idea of carrying, not that i carry, but carrying makes it much easier when faced with these kind of situations.

i know nuff ppl does think real life situations is like it seem in the movies, but it's not. i've been in very bad situations in my life, and to tell yuh the truth, it's not ah nice feeling staring down a barrel or facing a man with a blade.  take care max, i mean it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:41:36 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
I cool...story time...I have been in some unfortunate circumstances, and true, the barrel looks larger than life, when you on the wrong end, and somehow, I was able to walk...the funniest , but not the worst being was a bank robber stuck up the branch - I was a teller - I worked at, stuck the gun in my face, and shouted at me to open the drawer..well, I hesitate, an he buss a kick on the old lady female teller next to me..Chupid me pelt way the key, an start to buss some Trini cuss on he French ass..everything went slow motion after that, I heard click, and close meh eyes, and didn't hear a sound after that..then ah bunch a screaming..when I open meh eyes the man running out the door..everybody want to know what I shout at the man , they say I was talking in tongues, :rotfl:  they give meh $300 and 2 days off..3 days later, I still trembling like a sick dog..they transfer meh to ah next branch..who yuh feel walk in the place again..watch meh, an turn round an run out straight into the police...poor man, carry on like the gun went off, and he seeing ghost...2weeks later, I Lego that teller wuk, cause I know, I not so lucky, to do tata so an get away again..an sure nuff, the next time was the worse..right in Brooklyn..and that time I walked away, and did nothing..bothered me for years..even doh it turned out walking away was the right decision, based on what I found out about the damsel in distress 20 minutes after I walked..learned that night that my buds , who I knew to be church boys, was carrying just in case..hear dem nah, " nah, maxg, that cyan happen to u here"... What.. I and my small family was outta Brooklyn that morning..my wife asking wha happen, wha happen, I say, everybody living here packing but me...anyway, the moral is, me not no cat, and ah done use up a few..so me not sure I have no more to use up left..but I doubt I could stand up and eat doubles like normal..yet at my age, not sure how much of option one, flight,  I could execute...thanks for the concern..and that is why , I hope I can walk away, and deal with years of guilt after,..yet given today's events, how many years any of us have..I thank god for how much he has blessed me, all I have to offer doh is my integrity.   NB., it's just some thoughts expressed aloud, as u say, Reality sometimes change the story ending

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »

the white dude did the right thing, walk da fack away, tomorrow is another day and yuh live and learn. if ah man is dotish enough to pull ah blade with very little provocation, then he's is stupid enough tuh pull ah gun and use it if he fell under an attack.

IMO the best way to deal with ppl nowadays especially the young ignoramuses, is to pretend they don't exist, you don't see them or hear them.

i totally ignore them media and play station fed baboons, and i walk very far from them, and if that fails then i does look for a blue and white tuh sic on them, let 5.0 deal with them, not me.

i approaching 50 and i don't want to spend my old days locked up as opposed to helping my yutes, enjoying the world's best stadiums, traveling and enjoying my middle age , yuh mad!

How you so fixated on de "white man" race fella... ease up de race talk nah, white, black or indifferent the man was victimized here.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2012, 11:49:04 PM »
..., today I am more a thinker than reflex..more resposibilities etc...Thank god I reach here..I hope I would be able to walk away, but not everyone should..just sayin

Doh lie... today yuh belly fatter and yuh foot and dem slower  :devil:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2012, 04:03:31 AM »

How you so fixated on de "white man" race fella... ease up de race talk nah, white, black or indifferent the man was victimized here.
Since when "whiteman" is ah racist term ??

i eh see yuh wailin about ppl callin the yuteman "fatboy", which IMO bares more animosity and is more derogatory in nature than "whiteman".

next ting allyuh on here go be telling me how tuh wear my draws, or how tuh play wid my wife pim? steupsssssssss!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 10:02:13 AM »
It might sound sad eh...but in discussions with my peers I have gotten differing points of view and I am shocked at most of the responses.

1) The white man tell him more than the gutter story...a normal man doh trip off just so and pull blade for people.

2) If he wanted to chop him or planass him good he woulda deal him more blows...it was a kinda intimidation bully kinda scene fatboy was on. If fatboy was serious he woulda chop him up.

3) Who stopping a fat man with a cutlass? I go take chop because another man start him and tell him something...

4)Why the others around did not move or assist....it wasnt they business to get into.

5)Why the doubles man sell him after the incident..he fraid chop too or he is a good customer?

6)Fatman didnt look like he pay for his doubles.

7)Incident pass and gone and the day continue as normal...doubles selling and barra and channa eating.

Maxg, it sad eh...but right now down here is A for apple, B for bat and C bout yuhself.

I hope fatboy is dealt with by the authorities, but i suspect....he go pay a piece of change and charges go be dropped.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:52 AM »
fatboy was vex because de man eating all de doubles.

man dat size mashing up 20 doubles in one shot to maintain a figure like dat.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 10:28:19 AM »
Gopee admitt it's his son
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 10:36:05 AM »
who is gopee?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 10:45:32 AM »
Gopeesingh education minister.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:58 AM »
education? ironic given the level of ignorance portrayed in the video.

the only way fatboy actions warranted is if the man make racist remarks to him.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
education? ironic given the level of ignorance portrayed in the video.

the only way fatboy actions warranted is if the man make racist remarks to him.
Being offended doesn't justify violence.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »

i eh see yuh wailin about ppl callin the yuteman "fatboy", which IMO bares more animosity and is more derogatory in nature than "whiteman".

next ting allyuh on here go be telling me how tuh wear my draws, or how tuh play wid my wife pim? steupsssssssss!!!

I never said "whiteman" is a racist term... that is either yuh imagination or yuh conscience.  I simply ask yuh why yuh feel to keep harping on de man race.  All that other talk about yuh draws and what yuh does do between yuh wife leg is your business pardna.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
Ruff day at work eh. Just ah F-ed up day... and then this!
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Allyuh fellas is boss!!!
Toujour Pret!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 03:49:27 PM »
nice story dey max, glad you come out of that relatively unscathed...dais de kinda ting dat does traumatise people for their entire life
yuh mus be cuss dah fellah like the fox news reporter get cuss in central some years back...and he still stalk yuh :D

touches, I eh tink dais jus a t&t ting nah, anywhere yuh go an ah man pull out ah weapon among people dat have none..crowd does scatter

fs make mih laugh oui..he look like fatman from lost in trute
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2012, 10:18:01 PM »
Businessman ‘planassed’ buying doubles...
Gopeesingh identifies his son as attacker
Published: Trinidad Guardian
Thursday, September 27, 2012

An investigation has been launched into an incident last Tuesday in which a businessman was planassed by a young man who has been identified as Shane Gopeesingh, a son of Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh. The drama occurred outside the Brooklyn Bar in Woodbrook when Gregory Wight went to purchase doubles from a vendor on the sidewalk. The shocking episode was captured by a private security camera and went viral after being posted on YouTube.

Putting an end to a week of speculation, Dr Gopeesingh yesterday confirmed that the person in a video is indeed his son. The incident which surfaced last week on social networking site You Tube showed a man beating a customer with a cutlass. It was reported that the suspect was the son of a senior government official. In an interview with reporters at St Mary’s College, Gopeesingh was asked whether the attacker in the video was his son.

He hurriedly admitted, “ Yes, he is my son.” However, he declined to comment further on the matter, saying that it was under investigation and it would be inappropriate. When police was contacted shortly after, they stated that they could not proceed with pressing charges because Wight, 56, of Diego Martin, had not made a report of the attack. Wight said though his physical injuries will heal, his mental health “has been shot to pieces.”

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, Wight insisted that a report had been made to the Woodbrook police around 7.40 am the same day. He said the injuries he suffered left him “barely able to drive.” He revealed that he has not slept longer than one hour at any time since the incident. “I have been given sleeping pills to help me rest and I am also blacking out at intervals,” he said.

After a week of silence concerning the young man’s identity, despite a video titled Planass From Minister’s Son being posted on YouTube, Gopeesingh yesterday ended all speculation. Recounting the attack yesterday, Wight said it stemmed from him asking Shane Gopeesingh to turn off the engine of his pick-up as people were eating doubles and the diesel fumes were unhealthy.

Wight said his attacker became aggressive and began cursing loudly, but that “the trigger that sent him for his cutlass” was Wight’s comment the he had “come from the gutter and would stay there.” Wight said he was stuck twice with the cutlass and made to apologise. “If I had not stayed quiet and done exactly what he told me, I expected to die,” he said.

Uneasy now if someone gets too close to him, Wight said a woman who tried to hug him yesterday was nearly cuffed down because, “I am extremely jumpy and stressed out.” He said his family has also been affected by the incident and that his business was now suffering as a result.

Telling the T&T Guardian that he would no longer be going to the Brooklyn Bar to purchase doubles as he was accustomed doing, Wight joked: “I always knew doubles were dangerous for my health, but I did not know that it was that dangerous.”

Asked if he would be moving ahead with the matter, despite the minister’s offer of an apology, Wight said: “It has been six days since I was brutalised and four days since the video was shown on television and yet nothing has been done. That boy is free to roam and brutalise others.” Referring to the crime situation, Wight said this incident has only served to reinforce his wish to migrate.

Speaking during yesterday’s weekly press briefing at the Police Administration Building, Public Information Officer Sgt Wayne Mystar confirmed that the investigation of the incident had started on Monday. Mystar said a report was made to the Woodbrook police and all leads were being “thoroughly investigated.”
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 12:55:12 AM »
When police was contacted shortly after, they stated that they could not proceed with pressing charges because Wight, 56, of Diego Martin, had not made a report of the attack.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, Wight insisted that a report had been made to the Woodbrook police around 7.40 am the same day.

Speaking during yesterday’s weekly press briefing at the Police Administration Building, Public Information Officer Sgt Wayne Mystar confirmed that the investigation of the incident had started on Monday. Mystar said a report was made to the Woodbrook police and all leads were being “thoroughly investigated.”

???

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »

I never said "whiteman" is a racist term... that is either yuh imagination or yuh conscience.  I simply ask yuh why yuh feel to keep harping on de man race.  All that other talk about yuh draws and what yuh does do between yuh wife leg is your business pardna.
Man gey me ah mdacnt chance nah!!

what other alternative do i have? it's not like there was an article on the story. ah man post ah video of the incident, no article with names or profession was offered, just raw footage, and that's all anyone has to go by.

you acting like i know de fackin man name and refusing to use it, he fackin white and de boy fat, every body on here callin them "whiteman" and "fat boy" but you on me! man f#ck off eh!!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:52:19 AM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 06:41:48 AM »
That "gregory whiteman wight "  ;D is ah fat c*nt!!! stuueeeppssss! he acting like if the fella "shane fatman gopisingh" pull out ah full chrome and buss two passed him.

all this talk bout traumatized, i not buying that for ah mili second. he is clearly playing for prizes and is embellishing his injuries. from what i saw, he got two petti pat jokey plannass, and after the man hit him and went back with the lass to his car, he was still runnin his mouth.

ah know i will get a lot of flack for this, but i feel he talk real sh!t to the yute, more than he's willing to confess too.

as for tellin the boy that "he's from the gutter and should stay there", i too might ah jossle him fuh dat. them "whiteboys" love tuh make man feel small about their social standing in the society and always quick tuh tell ah man he from here and there, i not saying that "shane" was right for reacting this way, but i understand.

as for "gregory wight", man stop yuh over acting!

your arse is fine, and you not leaving sweet trinidad where you and yours get to live like kings and queens as opposed to london or south florida where no body cares who dah hell you are, and yuh have no clout.

yuh eh go stop gnam doubles either, so stop all this talk about yuh done wid brooklyn bar, you will just go elsewhere.

and all this talk about blacking out, and yuh eh sleep for days, nice try arseh@le, now get over yuhself!

please, it was two baby lash from a up town yute who didn't even know how tuh plannass ah dog self, matter of fact, i sure you are the first person he ever plannased in his whole over eating life, so please don't make it out to be more than it really was.

IMO these rich "white ppl" feel dat criminal activity only supposed to affect lower and middle income ppl, and any kind of brush with crime leaves them in a state of "this shouldn't happen to me" syndrome.

the fact that 300 ppl has already been slain violently in this country mainly by the gun, and 99% of them were middle and lower income ppl, would be a blessing if a fella of modest income would fall under such a timid attack as apposed to life threatening assault.

these rich folks IMO also need to be victims of violent crimes, and not spared any further, maybe then the govt would get off their arses and do something! it's a shame that when only ppl with name and clout come under any kind of attack the authorities are forced into action, but when a man of modest income is hurt or slain it makes the news and nothing more is done to stem the flow of violence.

last time i was home, every time i went to visit my boy on upper oxford st, i had a serious cause for concern not to be caught up there after seven o clock when the sun went down.

and if we went to st james to lime or grap a bite,  coming back anytime after ten i could not drive my friend up the hill, he had to take his chances walking up those dismal unsafe streets which he had been robbed @ gun point many times over, yet no police presents in those volatile areas, just ah jokey patrol now and then.

a female friend of mines asked me one day to walk up the hill with her bc she was scared to go home, and it was only eight o clock pm, i said bandits don't rob women, which she replied that she and her friend were victims of armed robberies @ gun point where they were made to lie on the ground and robbed of their valuables, including chicken and chips.

ppl up there are livin in real fear for their safty, and yet nothing is done, so to hear this man cry wolf bc he was touched with ah jokey short breed blade makes me angry! instead of the cops tending to his pampered arse, they should be patrolling those areas heavily especially after the sun goes down.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:30:32 AM by just cool »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 06:47:13 AM »
That "gregory whiteman wright "  ;D is ah fat c*nt!!! stuueeeppssss! he acting like if the fella "shane fatman gopisingh" pull out ah full chrome and buss two passed him.

all this talk bout traumatized, i not buying that for ah mili second. he is clearly playing for prizes and is embellishing his injuries. from what i saw, he got two petti pat jokey plannass, and after the man hit him and went back with the lass to his car, he was still runnin his mouth.

ah know i will get a lot of flack for this, but i feel he talk real sh!t to the yute, more than he's willing to confess too.

as for tellin the boy that "he's from the gutter and should stay there", i too might ah jossle him fuh dat. them "whiteboys" love tuh make man feel small about their social standing in the society and always quick tuh tell ah man he from here and there, i not saying that "shane" was right for reacting this way, but i understand.

as for "gregory wight", man stop yuh over acting!

your arse is fine, and you not leaving sweet trinidad where you and yours get to live like kings and queens as opposed to london or south florida where no body cares who dah hell you are, and yuh have no clout.

yuh eh go stop gnam doubles either, so stop all this talk about yuh done wid brooklyn bar, you will just go elsewhere.

and all this talk about blacking out, and yuh eh sleep for days, nice try arseh@le, now get over yuhself!

please, it was two baby lash from a up town yute who didn't even know how tuh plannass ah dog self, matter of fact, i sure you are the first person he ever plannased in his whole over eating life, so please don't make it out to be more than it really was.

IMO these rich "white ppl" feel dat criminal activity only supposed to affect lower and middle income ppl, and any kind of brush with crime leaves them in a state of "this shouldn't happen to me" syndrome.

the fact that 300 ppl has already been slain violently in this country mainly by the gun, and 99% of them were middle and lower income ppl, would be a blessing if a fella of modest income would fall under such a timid attack as apposed to life threatening assault.

these rich folks IMO also need to be victims of violent crimes, and not spared any further, maybe then the govt would get off their arses and do something! it's a shame that when only ppl with name and clout come under any kind of attack the authorities are forced into action, but when a man of medst income is hurt or slain it makes the news and nothing more is done to stem the flow of violence.

last time i was home, every time i went to visit my boy on upper oxford st, i had a serious cause for concern not to be caught up there after seven o clock when the sun went down.

and if we went to st james to lime or grap a bite,  coming back anytime after ten i could not drive my friend up the hill, he had to take his chances walking up those dismal unsafe streets which he had been robbed @ gun point many times over, yet no police presents in those volatile areas, just ah jokey patrol now and then.

a female friend of mines asked me one day to walk up the hill with her bc she was scared to go home, and it was only eight o clock pm, i said bandits don't rob women, which she replied that she and her friend were victims of armed robberies @ gun point where they were made to lie on the ground and robbed of their valuables, including chicken and chips.

ppl up there are livin in real fear for their safty, and yet nothing is done, so to hear this man cry wolf bc he was touched with ah jokey short breed blade makes me angry! instead of the cops tending to his pampered arse, they should be patrolling those areas heavily especially after the sun goes down.

fully agree!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
This is going to be a LONG thread.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 07:15:51 AM »
I eh go lie eh , I go wait for him to put di cutlass back in di car and rest him bottle straight innah him face , I is a face  boy mi eh tekin no chop !!!!!!

war

LOL at least yuh honest. Yuh couldna say I woulda do dis and that but yuh kept it real  :beermug:

That fat fvck know which tree tuh climb

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 07:40:46 AM »
JC  I used to think you were just passionate about issues of race and justice but this post makes me think otherwise. How you could defend an act of assault on somebody because a stranger said something to offend you is unfathomable. I won't get involved in the peripheral issues of what was said or comment on the perceptions of different groups but we do know that one guy said something and another guy hit the other guy with the broad side of a cutlass.

This video is yet another display of the rampant lawlessness in this country. I get what you're saying that this may not be the most brutal attack ever but surely it is intolerable. Who are you to say what the victim is feeling now anyway ?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 08:15:08 AM »
When police was contacted shortly after, they stated that they could not proceed with pressing charges because Wight, 56, of Diego Martin, had not made a report of the attack.

Speaking with the T&T Guardian yesterday, Wight insisted that a report had been made to the Woodbrook police around 7.40 am the same day.

???

Ent!!  conflicting reports seems par for the course these days

ah sure jeffers ha some pardners on de prowl for fake thug...street violence does always meet street 'justice'
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
Brothers and sisters, the white dude is Jeff's dad, anyone know if his dad is ok?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 08:54:18 AM »
JC  I used to think you were just passionate about issues of race and justice but this post makes me think otherwise. How you could defend an act of assault on somebody because a stranger said something to offend you is unfathomable. I won't get involved in the peripheral issues of what was said or comment on the perceptions of different groups but we do know that one guy said something and another guy hit the other guy with the broad side of a cutlass.

This video is yet another display of the rampant lawlessness in this country. I get what you're saying that this may not be the most brutal attack ever but surely it is intolerable. Who are you to say what the victim is feeling now anyway ?
Breds, i don't know your politics, i definitely don't know how you roll, though you seemed very cool and collective a fellow, but i can't say i get you or i understand you, so i would take that into account when confronting you, but man, you sound like you came from a real pacifist home or you have groomed your self into that frame of mind, bc i just don't get how you could be so modest in your views.

sorry but i am a product of my environment, not the epitome, but nonetheless a product.

hate to run the stories on yuh but to make you understand who i am, my first brush with violence was when i was 4 yrs old. my mother send me to the shop, on my way back i was accosted by twin boys older than me, they took my corncurls and give me some hard tump, not to mention i ran home with my eyes full ah tears beggin my ole lady to go get my corncurls back from them, my ole lady looked right @ me and said "boy!!! if you ever come home crying to me again about someone taking your things like a little girl and not fighting back for your things, then i would put the most severe cutarse on you that you would wish i wasn't your mother!!", not to mention that my dad also gave me the same lecture.

now could you imagine a young pampered boy from that point having to learn one of the ghetto's most important and basic lessons, learning to get violent when it matters. i was taken aback bc i was everyone's pet, my cousins, sisters every body loved and pampered me, but up to this point i had to learn how to get nasty and compete with the animals out there, and tuh tell yuh the truth, i wasn't ready for that yet! but i had to learn and learn fast.

i was always ah good natured boy, never liked bullying or violence, but bc of the environment i was raised in i had to rise to the occasion.

i went to one of the roughest primary schools in the whole of EDR and i had my fair share of fights. as i grew i learned that if yuh doh fack somebody up real bad and make ah name for your self you will always be ah target, sad but true (law of the jungle), and yet still i was one of the approachable yutes in the hood.

can't tell you how many times i was jumped , stoned, fought for marbles, buss boy head, got punched , punched mdfckrs, i grew up real hard kid, so i can't understand how to be like ah up town yute, in other words my mother and father told me it was ok to be violent from ah tender age, so i cyar relate kid, i sorry to break it to yuh, and i not pretending either, ah hope you understand.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:36:19 AM by just cool »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
Is ok I'm not offended by what you're saying and I actually appreciate your candidness on the issue. I wouldn't say I'm a pacifist at all I have very strong support for the death penalty and would support many policies that might be deemed draconian. I just have an abhorrence for lawlessness and indiscipline. Your story is compelling evidence for how our worldviews are formed. Consider then that the victim of the violence might have had an entirely different experience and furthermore could be right.

Most people want a society that is fair and equitable, peaceful and respectful of the rule of law. While I concede that these are lofty goals they are not impossible. I am convinced however that they become unachievable if we are impulsive and resort to violence whenever someone upsets us. Regardless of our experience we are governed by rules. This video is upsetting to me because it is indication that he like so many others has no expectation of punishment.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2012, 03:29:17 PM »
Is ok I'm not offended by what you're saying and I actually appreciate your candidness on the issue. I wouldn't say I'm a pacifist at all I have very strong support for the death penalty and would support many policies that might be deemed draconian. I just have an abhorrence for lawlessness and indiscipline. Your story is compelling evidence for how our worldviews are formed. Consider then that the victim of the violence might have had an entirely different experience and furthermore could be right.

Most people want a society that is fair and equitable, peaceful and respectful of the rule of law. While I concede that these are lofty goals they are not impossible. I am convinced however that they become unachievable if we are impulsive and resort to violence whenever someone upsets us. Regardless of our experience we are governed by rules. This video is upsetting to me because it is indication that he like so many others has no expectation of punishment.
Breds, i doubt you abhor lawlessness and indiscipline as much as both my parents, and a lot of that rubbed off on me too, but yet they were the ones who told me if ah man wrong yuh then wrong him back in like manner, and i must say defending your self is not against any law including the law of nature.

now don't get me wrong, fats is ah deuch bag  full stop, but there are extenuating circumstances to this little squabble, the gregory fella was digging into the man with words, maybe that guy was having ah bad day, maybe his woman dumped him or a man who looked like dude fired him ah few days ago, maybe the man boss does dig into him the same way, who's to say, maybe homeboy flipped that day, who knows.

all i know is dat things are not always the way it seems, and if i was in ah bad mood and someone was taunting me with words and said something that was very insensitive, i wouldn't run for ah blade, but i will chop yuh up with harsh lyrics.

BTW, there's no justice system in T&T IMO. for yrs on end ppl with money and status has been breaking the law and getting away with it while the less fortunate has to answer to every minor offense in the book, which it meted out with merciless punishments.

in most societies the law is for some, and not for all. trinbago once again is one of these societies. i've seen rich boys who broke the law and mommy and daddy put them on ah plane and fly dem out, while some superintendant of police destroy the evidence and suspend the charges together with the DPP bc big money pass.

yrs after the same yute is flown back in the country , he gets ah big work and all is forgotten and life goes on as usual, so don't tell me bout no law, bc i don't respect them and the yutes know that they are corrupt and deep down they don't have respect for the corruption, dats why "some" don't care to be law abiding, and why should they, when the law makers are indeed the biggest law breakers.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 03:32:11 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>