April 25, 2024, 09:31:28 PM

Author Topic: Planass from Minister's Son  (Read 18813 times)

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Planass from Minister's Son
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
the only reason that fat sack of shit acting so is because he fadder is a Minister...if it were some gangsta lookin dude do you think he would have acted like that?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
the only reason that fat sack of shit acting so is because he fadder is a Minister...if it were some gangsta lookin dude do you think he would have acted like that?

Maybe...but I know if my father was a Govt Minister ..I would never pull a cutlass for no man, I would definately lose some of that weight and I would never dress in that type of attire...HELL NO...

To embarrass yuh fadder  like that ....and to booth d Minister of Education....these are d type of thugs we trying to screen out from d school system.....nah man....and to make things worse....I sure fat boy went tuh ah denominational school...what does that say about we education system...who is failing us? 
Did his father not spend enough time grooming his son?
Is this a result of what is taking place in Trini society today that its common to just do as yuh please...??

I really dont have d answers but what also disturbs me is that everyman in that video didnt say anything.....to either parties involved to defuse d situation at no point in time

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:54:31 PM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2012, 10:15:42 PM »
If he can act like that because someone asked him to turn off his truck what if someone had accidentally hit his truck or maybe bump him in a phagwah and spill his drink?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2012, 06:30:37 AM »
and the saga continues...

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/____He_hasn_t_left__the_country_-171639751.html

He hasn't left the country'
By Jensen LaVende

Story Updated: Sep 27, 2012 at 11:01 PM ECT

Speaking to members of the media yesterday following the National Youth Productivity Forum hosted by the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham), at Hyatt Regency Hotel, Port of Spain, Gopeesingh said his son was still in the country and he did not want to say anything to jeopardise the investigations.
"Right now Shane is at home. He is possibly at work today," Gopeesingh said.

Asked if he would be taking his son to the police station for questioning, Gopeesingh said: "As you realise this is an ongoing police investigation that demands the fullest independence and the respect and I wish to honour that independence and as such I would want to reiterate my statement from yesterday (Wednesday) that it will not be fair for me to comment and leave the matter."

Asked if his son was co-operating with the police and about the presumption that his son would escape the law because of his father's status, Gopeesingh said he would leave all those comments for his son's attorney.

"Please allow me not to make any more comments on the matter...I think I have said enough on the matter, I think I've said what needed to be said on the matter. I will allow the independence of the investigation to continue without me interfering whatsoever and me making any statements whatsoever."

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2012, 06:33:52 AM »
I really waiting to see the outcome of this...watch the last line of the article.

'Planass' victim calls for arrest

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_Planass___victim_calls__for_arrest-171639741.html

By Jensen LaVende jensen.lavende@trinidadexpress.com

WHY has he not been arrested?

This is the question being asked by the man who was allegedly beaten by the son of Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh last week Wednesday morning while eating doubles outside Brooklyn Bar in Woodbrook.
In a telephone interview with the Express yesterday, Gregory Wight expressed his frustration at the pace of the police investigation.

"I would like to see the perpetrator of this heinous act arrested right away. How can he not be arrested after all this time? What is going on? You have every piece of evidence...the doubles man has given his statement, the owner of the bar has handed over the tape. They have every official reason to arrest this man," Wight said.

The video clip of the incident has been posted on Facebook, YouTube and other social networking sites.
Wight, 56, chief executive officer of Stuart Brothers, an export company located in Cocorite, said had he been the attacker he would have been jailed, so why can't the reverse take place.

"If I had committed that act, before lunch time I would have been arrested. Why is he being given all this special treatment? This was the most heinous act of aggression and violence and wounding and he has not been arrested eight days later. It is a national disgrace," he said.

Wight said following the attack his life has been turned upside down and he now only sleeps for an hour a day.
"I am generally a quiet person...my cell phone, I mean it has been about 400 people who have reached out to me so far, which is wonderful but it is just too much... I don't have a press agent you know. I spend 80 per cent of my time on this now," said Wight, a regular writer to the Express' Letters to the Editor section for the past 36 years.

Wight, despite his anger, said he truly feels for the accused.
"I feel very sorry for him; something traumatic must have happened in his life to cause him to fly off the handle like that when somebody asked him to turn off his engine for a while to eat doubles. I really feel sorry for him."

Wight said at the end of the school term he would like to have an anti-violence march for five days straight in hotspots of the country to spread the word of non-violence.

Police sources close to the investigation said they visited the home of the accused yesterday, but he was not there.

Officers said they will not make an arrest since there have not been any orders from their superiors to do so.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:03 AM »
Can CCTV footage be used as evidence in T&T court of law?  :banginghead:
If not, then they will have to rope in the doubles man as a witness or something for evidence...
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »
mr wight...just out of curiousity....when yuh had on those shades...what exactly did u say to that  boy?I not accusing u but d actions portrayed in that video dont look as casual as sheep walking past wolf....
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2012, 08:36:27 AM »
mr wight...just out of curiousity....when yuh had on those shades...what exactly did u say to that  boy?I not accusing u but d actions portrayed in that video dont look as casual as sheep walking past wolf....

Does it matter what he said?

Anyways, why we paying so much attention to this white man?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Planass from Minister's Son
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »
Can CCTV footage be used as evidence in T&T court of law?  :banginghead:
If not, then they will have to rope in the doubles man as a witness or something for evidence...

I believe it can be used yes. Plus there were witnesses too. Funny how people asking what the man tell the boy (fat man) , like that excuses what the boy did.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »
who gaves a f**k wey him tell di man .. he could a tell d f**ker suk he mudda .. him never raise a hand for that yute and di man is a senior.. we need fi pay respect to our seniors inour country.. jail he c**t!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if one of the afro trini's di ask him to turn  off d truck if he will have come out brandishing a cutlass?.. jail he c**t..
Respect we seniors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2012, 09:41:31 AM »

Does it matter what he said?

Anyways, why we paying so much attention to this white man?
bakes I expect to hear dat from JC .  The moral a di story here is dat di yutes dem need fi respect our seniors.. if dem want war wid themselves let dem do it but seniors citizens no look for trouble,  low we seniors and show dem sum reaspect man.

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
Just Cool you for real hoss?

What extenuating circumstances could justify a young able bodied 28 year old man to have to draw for a cutlass for a old man?

Ok so he trip off under talk, so he can't deal with the issue man to man? Running back to the car for a blade is coward lil boy business in my opinion.

It have no justifying that bullshit whatsoever... Rest we with that talk nuh.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
I really waiting to see the outcome of this...watch the last line of the article.

'Planass' victim calls for arrest

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/_Planass___victim_calls__for_arrest-171639741.html

By Jensen LaVende jensen.lavende@trinidadexpress.com

WHY has he not been arrested?

"If I had committed that act, before lunch time I would have been arrested. Why is he being given all this special treatment? This was the most heinous act of aggression and violence and wounding and he has not been arrested eight days later. It is a national disgrace," he said.

In no way am I condoning what that fat sour looking man did to Mr Wight, but the sentence bolded is laughable at best.  :bs:
Not in sweet T and T Mr. Wight
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2012, 08:56:08 PM »
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012, 04:27:04 AM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »
 :D so wrong...yet so right
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:14 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

tm yuh kill with this one breds... :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »
let me weigh in on this debate yes...

words of advice, if you are living in tt nowadays, its better to stay silent in certain instances, you don't know who you are dealing with or what they will do...

mr wight should not have been planass but at the same time, he should know to stay quiet especially with how volatile tt can be these days, the older folks have to understand that youths don't care about elders and age in tt, all that manners in modern day tt society has gone out the window.. yes the young man should be charged but prevention is the best cure...

in my grandparents days, everyone use to say good morning to one another, that simple manners don't happen, touches response is the best ive read on here...

mr.wight is lucky he ent get corn.. which is a high possibility in tt these days, realistically speaking its better to buy yuh doubles and let the hungry youth man buy his doubles, correcting people in mondern day tt can be life threatening...

furthermore, if yuh buying a doubles and yuh have to take a minute of fumes, it really warrant all the talk??? is it worth endangering yuh life for a minute of fumes?? and mr wight have no right to put down the youth to begin with, which again can put mr wights life in danger, not worth it.

be smarter and choose yuh battles..
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:42:33 AM by Controversial »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2012, 11:17:13 AM »
Trinidad Guardian http://www.guardian.co.tt/news/2012-10-02/dr-tim%E2%80%99s-son-surrenders-13-days-after-%E2%80%98planass%E2%80%99-incident

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thirteen days after he allegedly “planassed” a businessman in Woodbrook, Shane Gopeesingh has surrendered to police. Gopeesingh, 28, of Ellerslie Park, Maraval, reportedly walked into the Central Police Station, Port-of-Spain, yesterday morning, accompanied by his attorney Ravi Rajcoomar. Gopeesingh, son of Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh, was interviewed but was not placed in a holding cell. Up to 5.30 pm yesterday, senior police said “loose ends were still being tied up.”

Gopeesingh remained in police custody last night. ASP Ajith Persad of the Port-of-Spain Criminal Investigations Department was appointed as the lead investigator last Thursday. Gregory Wight, 56, of Diego Martin, was allegedly “planassed” by Shane Gopeesingh on September 18 outside Brooklyn Bar, Woodbrook. The incident was captured by a private security camera and later posted on YouTube.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2012, 11:39:22 AM »
ahmmm...what they investigating so long..who are the actors...type of special effects...or they just can't determine if doubles or boil corn the parties involved was buying..maybe it was dime bags to go...I know, he will get off, because yuh can't determine from the video, if the car was really giving off 'illegal' fumes.. or maybe cause, they waiting for a lip reader, to determine if the victim really tell him bout he mudda...thus making it provocation and self defense....watch out they doh charge the old man for aggravating the fine upstanding young man....now that go be "CSI St. James" show material

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »
If this was a white man lashing a black youth the uproar would be heard around the whole caribbean. no justifying this nonsense by age, race, skin colour, class, good hair, whatever.

and as for all the self-preservationists who saying he should have kept his mouth shut...at what point do we say enough is enough? i know a thing or two about violence. bowing your head like a dog only makes it worse. keeping YOUR mouth shut today might one day lead to catastrophe for a loved one tomorrow. there is a time to catch flies with honey, and a time to time to bring hellfire.

Trinidad is past due for a generational purge of these reprobate values from Westmoorings right thru to Laventille.

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them-Frederick Douglass
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2012, 12:56:38 PM »
If this was a white man lashing a black youth the uproar would be heard around the whole caribbean. no justifying this nonsense by age, race, skin colour, class, good hair, whatever.

and as for all the self-preservationists who saying he should have kept his mouth shut...at what point do we say enough is enough? i know a thing or two about violence. bowing your head like a dog only makes it worse. keeping YOUR mouth shut today might one day lead to catastrophe for a loved one tomorrow. there is a time to catch flies with honey, and a time to time to bring hellfire.

Trinidad is past due for a generational purge of these reprobate values from Westmoorings right thru to Laventille.

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them-Frederick Douglass

breds tt is full of self preservationists, tt is a selfish society made up of segregated groups that are vying for power...

in fact why play hero when the next man dont give a damn, the mentality needs to change, moral restoration as i put it, needs to happen, right now mr wight could have left his kids fatherless if it was the wrong person over a few minutes of fumes standing at a doubles stand, has human life been devalued so much?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
25,000 bail. Charged with assault,
possession dangerous weapon, using obscene language
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:51:21 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »

words of advice, if you are living in tt nowadays, its better to stay silent in certain instances, you don't know who you are dealing with or what they will do...

mr wight should not have been planass but at the same time, he should know to stay quiet especially with how volatile tt can be these days, the older folks have to understand that youths don't care about elders and age in tt, all that manners in modern day tt society has gone out the window.. yes the young man should be charged but prevention is the best cure...

in my grandparents days, everyone use to say good morning to one another, that simple manners don't happen, touches response is the best ive read on here...

mr.wight is lucky he ent get corn.. which is a high possibility in tt these days, realistically speaking its better to buy yuh doubles and let the hungry youth man buy his doubles, correcting people in mondern day tt can be life threatening...

furthermore, if yuh buying a doubles and yuh have to take a minute of fumes, it really warrant all the talk??? is it worth endangering yuh life for a minute of fumes?? and mr wight have no right to put down the youth to begin with, which again can put mr wights life in danger, not worth it.

Dis is ah pack ah ass... best yuh did fart on yuh keyboard instead.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:01 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  bakes yuh is ah clown. thanks for the good laugh.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2012, 08:55:38 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:  bakes yuh is ah clown. thanks for the good laugh.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, certain posters suffer from delusions of grandeur and feel their opinion is the only and true opinion... forgetting that there is differing opinions in the world, certain posters even post under different names as well  :D

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2012, 09:34:54 PM »
it look like d minister stepson....  no resemblance

something doe add up
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2012, 07:38:39 AM »
Minister’s son in planass video slapped with four charges
Published: Wednesday, October 3, 2012
ANNA-LISA PAUL

A day after he surrendered to police, a son of Education Minister Dr Tim Gopeesingh appeared in court yesterday charged with using obscene language, assaulting Gregory Wight, occasioning him actual bodily harm, and possession of a weapon with intent to commit an offence. Pleading not guilty to the charges, Shane Aleong, 28, of Ellerslie Park, Maraval, was granted $25,000 bail to be approved by a clerk of the peace.

After several requests from Aleong’s lawyers, Ravi Rajcoomar and John Heath, instructed by Nalini Bansie, a cash alternative of $10,000 was also granted. Aleong, also known as Shane Gopeesingh, an information technology consultant, appeared before Senior Magistrate Annette McKenzie in the Port-of-Spain Fourth Court just after 3 pm yesterday. Clad in a black suit, Aleong remained expressionless as the charges were read to him.

The court heard that on September 19 at Carlos Street, Woodbrook, Aleong allegedly used obscene language, assaulted Gregory Wight causing him harm, and used a cutlass with  intent to wound. He was brought to the court in a marked police vehicle around 2.45 pm, escorted by two officers. In his application for bail, Rajcoomar told the court that a letter had been sent to the police a week ago after the defence learnt that Aleong was “a person of interest.”

He said Aleong had surrendered to investigators on Monday morning at the Central Police Station and had co-operated with police. Claiming that Aleong had become the target of a media campaign, Rajcoomar said he was from a well-known family and that his father was a government minister. Last week, the Education Minister admitted that Aleong was his son.

Heath and Rajcoomar appealed for the clerk of the peace approval to be varied, claiming that because of time constraints and the fact that an official might not have been available yesterday afternoon, Aleong might have had to spend last night in prison. Rejecting claims that Aleong had been brought to court late, McKenzie asked: “Why is he any different from any other defendant?”

Mc Kenzie pointed out that there was a procedure to be followed in complying with the bail conditions, but agreed to impose a cash alternative. The matter was later adjourned to October 9. The charges were laid by Sgt Christopher Joshua. Aleong's appearance in court yesterday resulted from a week-long investigation led by ASP Ajith Persad of the Port-of-Spain CID.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2012, 07:47:25 AM »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile