April 26, 2024, 10:41:59 PM

Author Topic: T&T resumes training for Caribbean Cup.  (Read 2169 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T resumes training for Caribbean Cup.
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:31 PM »
T&T resumes training for Caribbean Cup.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

A Trinidad and Tobago provisional Senior Men’s squad will resume training this week for their upcoming opening Caribbean Cup qualifying round in St Kitts/Nevis next month.

Interim head coach Hutson Charles will conduct a training session at the Larry Gomes Stadium from 9am on Tuesday which will include the quota of home-based players that have been invited to be part of a 29-man squad. One player will be added this week.

The overseas-based players who have been invited to be part of the squad for the tournament which falls within a FIFA date include Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland, United States-based defensive duo Julius James and Carlyle Mitchell, Vietnam-based duo Hughtun Hector and Willis Plaza, Turkish-based forward Darryl Roberts, Kazakhstan-based defender Robert Primus and US-based midfielder Keon Daniel. Kevin Molino, at present on trial in Belgium has also earned a call up.

There is also a recall for Caledonia AIA midfielder Densill Theobald while National Under 20 captain Duane Muckette and former Under 20 defender Aubrey David who was recently invited to the Guyana national team, have also been invited.

Charles commented on the squad, adding that T&T will be aiming to win all three matches in the opening phase.

“It’s a squad that we thought carefully about and weighed some of the options available to us at the moment. We have seen some of the players in the matches we have played so far this year and we also have the option to invite a few of the overseas pros as the matches fall within a FIFA date, “ Charles told TTFF Media.

“We have set on our sights on qualifying for the CONCACAF Gold Cup but we have to win our first group in St Kitts in order to advance in the tournament which means we cannot afford to take this first stage for granted. The aim is to win all three matches in this group and set the pace for the rest of the competition.

“I think the players are hungry for international football and they want to produce the goods to ensure we get ourselves back up there with the front pack.

It’s a good period for us in terms of players coming through the ranks who are not just talented but also have a fair amount of experience under their belt.

Some of these guys have been to youth World Cups, they have played with the senior team already and others have also gained some valuable experience in the Champions League in CONCACAF and out there in Europe,” Charles added.

T&T will face French Guyana in their opening match on October 10 in Basseterre, Anguilla two days later and St Kitts on October 14. The T&T Senior team has also been invited to face Colombia’s Senior team in a friendly international in that country on October 16th and is likely to accept which will see the team arrive in Colombia on the eve of the encounter.

T&T 29-man squad

Goalkeepers
Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Cleon John (North East Stars), Marvin Phillip (Central FC).

Defenders
Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps/Canada), Robert Primus (FC Aktobe/Kazakhstan), Julius James (Columbus Crew/USA), Seon Power (North East Stars), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars), Kareem Moses (North East Stars), Rodell Elcock (Defence Force), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA), Daneil Cyrus (W Connection).

Midfielders
Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk/Belgium), Kevin Molino (Orlando City/USA), Hughtun Hector (Song Lam Nghe/Vietnam), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union/USA), Keron Boucher (St Clair Coaching School), Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Duane Muckette (1st FC Santa Rosa), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Kevon Neaves (T&TEC FC).

Forwards
Darryl Roberts (Samsunspor/Turkey), Willis Plaza (Sai Gon FC/Vietnam), Richard Roy (Defence Force), Devorn Jorsling (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA).

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:45:28 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T resumes training for Caribbean Cup.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:11 PM »
I would like to see Chris Birchall, Andre Boucaud, Jlloyd Samuel, Lester Peltier, Cordell Cato and Carlos Edwards in the mix.

We need to win this Cup, this is our World Cup.

Fabien Lewis, Yohance Marshall, Jake Thomson, Mekeil Williams and Justin Fojo is also players we can keep an eye on as they are doing well with their clubs.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:05:38 PM »
Where Birchall?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 07:22:42 PM »
Birchall and Cato -  What is the story of these two being called up?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:44 PM »
Like Sheanon Williams change he mind or wha?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:24 PM »
If Keron Boucher and Duane Muckette can make this training squad then Rondell Winchester needs to get a look in as well. Scouting network is CRAP. Rondell is the best attacker outside the Pro League and better than most there. Watch this space, he's gonna be big. Best player out of tobago since Cyrus

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »
Still No Chris Birchall. When will these "local" coaches accept the fact that we NEED a hustler in midfield like Birchall and stop trying to copy Barcelona!!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »
Anton Corneal hopes that funding can be sourced from the private sector and well-wishers. The “Soca Warriors” have three Caribbean Football Union (CFU) qualifying games in St Kitts and Nevis next month against French Guyana, Anguilla and the host nation on October 10, 12 and 14 respectively.
“(Today) I will sit with the General Secretary (Richard Groden) and Mr Harford to do a final budget and discuss where we might be able to get the funds,” said Corneal. “We have to go to (the qualifiers) so we have to hope the Federation can raise the funds somehow.”
Also Kenwyne Jones was among players not considered and Trinidad and Tobago will try to lure Aubrey David back from Guyana senior team.
(Source Wired868.com)
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/09/25/penniless-warriors-restart-operation-gold-cup/

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 01:26:24 AM »
Fellas, the man can't call every body, maybe for the degicel cup if we make it that far we will see the like of birchall, cato and all who we would like to see, but for now this is ah decent squad for french guyana, st kitts and anguilla.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 01:48:40 AM »
Ah wonder when the ghost of jack warner would stop haunting T&T football boy??

imagine this is the same amn who bawl like ah bull cattle all these yrs complaining about how the ministers of sports over the yrs did not assist the senior team , and how he had to use his own money to finance the football, now he is in the govt and know how tough it could be, is now silent on the matter, and not only that, but i sure he's the one pulling the strings in the back ground telling his puppet "anil loud mouth splalk roberts " not to fund the football bc he's beefin wid watson and CO.

i will really kiss the ground the day jack waner and these backward fellas have nothing to do with T&T football ever again.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 04:44:38 AM »
Once Anton Corneal incharge players like Birchall and Thomson will not be considered.

The TTFF are begging for help even under such bias attitude.

And Truetrini here in begging for support for these clowns.

The TTFF must fall hard for them to learn.

Is the same mentality and they want support.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline madness1969

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:26 AM »
Why this man not selected: Nick DeLeon?????

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »
Once Anton Corneal incharge players like Birchall and Thomson will not be considered.

The TTFF are begging for help even under such bias attitude.

And Truetrini here in begging for support for these clowns.

The TTFF must fall hard for them to learn.

Is the same mentality and they want support.

Boyakka Shot..  Spot On Sam!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 09:46:02 AM »
 Correct me if I am wrong.

The Competition is not listed as part of the FIFA International Calendar and as a consequence Clubs are not obliged to release the players.
Many of the foreign based will more than likely not be made available.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 11:05:37 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong.

The Competition is not listed as part of the FIFA International Calendar and as a consequence Clubs are not obliged to release the players.
Many of the foreign based will more than likely not be made available.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html
OCT 10th is a fifa date. 

as for bringing player like birchall and CO, the federation don't have the money to bring all those over seas pros, the men they call are just enough to have us qualify, @ least i think.

the break is from oct 8th through the 18th, a ten day break.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/matches/index.html
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:25:15 AM by just cool »

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 02:51:07 PM »
Guys forgive me for this but I may have missed the Hutson Charles appointment (congrats to him). I know all about him as a player but does he have much high level coaching experience. Either way I hope he does well and maybe even gets the job full time. I really enjoyed watching him as a player.

What happened to Anton Corneal? When and why was he relieved of the interim coaching position?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 04:15:35 PM »
Anton Corneal is the Technical Director.

1]; } ?>