April 25, 2024, 01:09:47 AM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 206479 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football Racism in Italy
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2005, 01:00:02 PM »
Funny thing is that them Italians have black in them too

please......that talk is as useless as a knife in a gun fight. black in them my a$$. Even if at some point in history, you could make claims that there was some "non-white" insurgence in the mediterranean Europe, that eh changing the price of rice when it comes to self perception and identity........

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2005, 03:46:34 PM »
This weekend Lazio's team captain Paolo Di Canio showed the fascistic saluation again towards the Lazio Fans....
He had done the same in January before in the match against AS Rome and received a € 10.000 fine....
Anybody still believes Lazio and Di Canio are not racists / nazis?  >:(

Here's another proof
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,390019,00.html

Just check the picture.

here's another link similar but in english.

from this, it seems the underlying issues are more about politics.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2005, 04:06:30 PM »
Racisim always exiisted and will continue to do so
The truth of the matter is that Italians French Spaniards and Portuguese are not considered Europeans because of the African influence in these places in an earlier time
The reality is when ever the man`s role or authority is threatened,this is his way of retaliating
I get a kick when I see this happenening in those places as it only highlights the level of thier ignorance

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2005, 04:23:21 PM »

The truth of the matter is that Italians French Spaniards and Portuguese are not considered Europeans because of the African influence in these places in an earlier time

You should be careful not to preface such a retarded statement by "the truth of the matter"

Not considered Europeans by whom ?

Maybe if you ask an extremist radical Nazi........or someone being cynical or overly technical just to make a point......

Some of the Mediterranean Euro cultures have to some extent an Arab/North African influence (at times noticeable through physical features)...........but by and large, especially now in modern times Italians, Spanish, Portuguese etc... are considered Europeans, (not to mention THEY CONSIDER THEMSELVES EUROPEAN).........

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:29:27 PM by kicker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2005, 06:05:20 PM »

The reality is when ever the man`s role or authority is threatened,this is his way of retaliating
I get a kick when I see this happenening in those places as it only highlights the level of thier ignorance

Sorry, but that is not reality.....it is socio-political agenda that has only some basis in truth. A person's race is part biological, part social construct/perception. Of course (and this is especially true in the absence of non-whites) there is a loose 'hierarchy' amongst Europeans...but that is based on appearance as well as economic factors. European migration and the immigration of non-whites into Europe has essentially killed this ideology amongst the masses (especially our generation). It is a myth to think that all Spaniards have moorish blood or that all Italians have dark hair and skin, just as it is a myth to think all Norwegians have blond hair and blue eyes. I am not trying to rebuff you...there are those who will always believe in what you say...but it is no longer the common perception.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2005, 06:42:20 PM »
I have never heard anyone dispute that Italians, French, Spaniards and Portuguese are European.
They most definitely are.
Ppl need to stop talking bull$h*t on dis site dred, they are only embarrassing themselves.

Arenas is still a jack@$$
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »
Arenas is still a jack@$$

:rotfl:

yeah he look like Nigger go slip out he mouth easy easy if Dog tackle him hard.

Allyuh good yes....Rooney might be the coolest cat out there....The man even bawl in an interview that he is a avid listener of hip-hop.......looks can be deceiving.....lewwe not hit the man that ranks jusso jusso.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:56:24 PM by Tallman »

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2005, 07:31:15 PM »

Allyuh good yes....Rooney might be the coolest cat out there....The man even bawl in an interview that he is a avid listener of hip-hop.......looks can be deceiving.....lewwe not hit the man that ranks jusso jusso.

that is all well and good
if yuh ask ah racist in the statest who is they favourite basketballer they go tell yuh Jordan that eh have nothing to do with it

he look like he go shave he head and tattoo a swastika on he arm and lynch dog and tallman if he get jam too hard

Més que un club.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2005, 08:22:06 PM »

that is all well and good
if yuh ask ah racist in the statest who is they favourite basketballer they go tell yuh Jordan that eh have nothing to do with it

he look like he go shave he head and tattoo a swastika on he arm and lynch dog and tallman if he get jam too hard

nah..is Di Canio you talkin' bout  ;D

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2005, 07:20:24 AM »
Blatter today announced that Di Canio will be punished by FIFA if he will be punished by the Italian football federation. He basically calls Di Canio a racist.
He also thinks about relegating racial clubs like Lazio!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2005, 07:44:14 AM »
Blatter today announced that Di Canio will be punished by FIFA if he will be punished by the Italian football federation. He basically calls Di Canio a racist.
He also thinks about relegating racial clubs like Lazio!

Yeah FIFA have to work with the various Federations to put measures in place to deter this behaviour. It is a CANCER to the beautiful game........I doh care, if your supporters are beahving like animals and donkeys , the farmer ( club) have to rein in these fans. I think they are in the minority , but until CLUBS start getting sevre bans ( LIKE playing in a n empty stadium). This will continue to happen.

For example Aragones loose talk to Reyes referring to Henry as @$^ have no place in football.And only reason it was known wascause a reporter piced up the talk in passing. Yeah hewas motivating Reyes saying he better that HENry, but he had no right to use that language. As a coach they should FIRE he cat. I know FIFAwah Henry and Aragones to meet. However if I was HENRy i would shit him up intellectually and make him feel small.....We haveto stamp this out the game
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 07:48:04 AM by RasIred »

Offline Rotato Poti

• Hero Warrior
  • VIBES IT UP!!!
    • View Profile
    • ACB reloaded
Atletico fined 6,000 euros for fans' racist abuse
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2005, 07:33:49 AM »
]http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYjk0aWtjBF9TAzk1ODYzNTkwBHNlYwN0aA--?slug=reu-spainracism&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Atletico fined 6,000 euros for fans' racist abuse

MADRID, Dec 21 (Reuters) - Atletico Madrid have been fined 6,000 euros ($7,132) by the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) after a section of their fans hurled racial abuse at Espanyol goalkeeper Carlos Kameni in a league match last month.

Although the abuse was not noted in referee Arturo Dauden Ibanez's match report, the RFEF said it acted after a complaint from the government-run Anti-violence Commission which estimated that some 500 fans had been involved in the incidents.

Atletico, who were fined for similar offences last season, said that they had done everything in their power to stop the abuse.

Spain increased the punishments given to clubs for racist abuse in July and Primera Liga sides can now be fined between 6,000 and 18,000 euros depending on the number of fans involved and the action taken to deal with the incident.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter on Tuesday called for a tougher approach to the problem, including the possibility of docking points and excluding clubs from competitions for persistent breaches.

Separately, Kameni's club Espanyol have opened an investigation into the Cameroon international's complaints that he has been racially abused by some of the club's own fans in home matches.

"It's incredible that they jeer you in your own stadium," he told Spanish sports daily Sport on Tuesday.

"It is understandable if the fans complain when the team doesn't play well, but they can't do these racist acts again and again. I've had enough."

6000 Euros? .... are you kidding me?
First of all the RFEF encourages racism rather than thwarts it with their half hearted attempts to sweep the mess their fans created under the carpet.

Instead of 6000 Euros as a stiffer penalty, teams should be charged all the money from their gate receipts AND docked any points they picked up in that game. As a final nail in the coffin, they should also be mandated to play their next home game in front of an empty stadium. That is what I call a stiffer penalty.

Also, if FIFA wants to get serious, then they must follow through on Blatter's call and ban all these teams from European club competitions.

This is far worse than match-fixing and must be dealt with in an appropriate manner. If a player/ official can get banned for life for accepting money as part of a match-fixing arrangement, then those who racially abuse players must not get away with a slap on the wrist.

If teams cannot control their fans behaviour, then they dont deserve to have the so-called fans following them around.

6000 Euros is probably what each one of us will spend next summer in Europe. The RFEF is pure BS and I wish all their teams suffer in every competition until they straighten their program.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:43:03 AM by Tallman »

Offline marcovbasten

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Atletico fined 6,000 euros for fans' racist abuse
« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2005, 07:58:33 AM »

6000 euroos?

is more like an encouragement to do it again
strange fifa,real strange
i can remember quite expensive commercials with henry,nistelrooij,ronaldo
against racism
and now a fine of 6000 euroos
a joke

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
Re: Atletico fined 6,000 euros for fans' racist abuse
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2005, 08:59:08 AM »
That is not even the salary of any of Athletico's starting players.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Would you regard this as exhibitionism or racism?
« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2005, 01:15:57 PM »
Di Canio just 'exhibitionist'
From correspondents in Rome
December 21, 2005

ITALY Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has rejected suggestions that Paolo Di Canio is a fascist, saying the Lazio striker is simply an exhibitionist.

Di Canio was banned for one game on Monday and fined 10,000 euros ($12,000) for making a raised-arm, fascist-style salute in a Serie A match at the weekend.

His gesture has been widely condemned by politicians, players, fans and Jewish groups, but Berlusconi leapt to his defence overnight, saying the 37-year-old is simply misunderstood.

"Di Canio is an exhibitionist. His salute didn't have any significance," said Berlusconi.

"He's a good lad," added the prime minister, who owns Serie A team AC Milan.

Sepp Blatter, president of football's governing body FIFA, said players making fascist salutes should be banned from the game for life.

Di Canio has defended his gesture, which he has made at at least three Serie A matches this year, saying it was not intended as a political statement and that he will continue to acknowledge his fans in whatever way he chooses.

Lazio fans are known for their hard-right sympathies.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hislop disappointed with Di Canio
« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2005, 01:26:58 PM »
Hislop disappointed with Di Canio
sportinglife.com

West Ham goalkeeper Shaka Hislop feels betrayed and bitterly disappointed by the controversial behaviour of his former team-mate Paolo Di Canio.

Hislop, a committed anti-racism campaigner, indicated his friendship with Di Canio is over after the Italian was suspended for one match and fined £7,000 for aiming a fascist salute at supporters.

Di Canio, who misses Lazio's Serie A match at Lecce this evening, labelled the suspension "unjust" and insisted his salute "has nothing to do with with any political ideologies".

The 37-year-old saluted his fans the same way during a Rome derby last season, and at Livorno last week. He insists it is a greeting which dates back to ancient Rome.

"I will always salute that way because it gives me a sense of belonging to my people," he said recently.

But Hislop does not buy former Hammer Di Canio's explanation, given the straight-armed salute now stands for something entirely different.

"I am very disappointed by it. Paolo never impressed me as that kind of person when he was here at West Ham," said Hislop.

"We got on very well. He got on well with my wife and my kids and to see him making the headlines for his actions disappoints me greatly because of what those gestures mean and the wider effect of it.

"Paolo certainly was someone I considered a friend who I liked a lot, so I am very disappointed."

Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi jumped to Di Canio's defence on Wednesday, insisting the striker is not a fascist and simply misunderstood.

"Di Canio is an exhibitionist. His salute didn't have any significance. He's a good lad," said Berlusconi.

But Hislop cannot dismiss Di Canio's behaviour as quickly and easily as that.

"I feel particularly disheartened by it. It is one thing to see someone do it and take a stand against it," he said.

"But when it is someone you certainly felt was a friend it has a much longer-lasting effect."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hislop disappointed with Di Canio
« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2005, 01:36:27 PM »
Di Canio is ah waste  of time and space

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2005, 01:38:53 PM »
di canio = has been seeking attention.

pathetic.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2005, 01:42:02 PM »
yeah but I dont think the man meant anything racist by what he did because if he was always so nice to shaka wife and kids and never seemed like that then it might've been taking out of context because yuh doh just turn racist just so, is either yoh is or yuh aint

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2005, 01:43:24 PM »
di canio = has been seeking attention.

pathetic.

Yup he is seeking attention,,,,,just like antonio cassano wud do ne thing to be in the publics eye bcuz they dont feel they get enough praise for their "talent"
On the other hand i dont believe di canio is a racist

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2005, 01:44:03 PM »
breds,

it have plenty racist who eh big man or woman enough to say what they think about yuh to yuh face. they will smile at yuh and do like allyuh cool. then when they with their people, is a different story.

Offline trinidre

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2005, 01:45:01 PM »
I agree he know he best days done past and is time for him to retire and he just seeking attention but ah doh think he racist but then again yuh never know yes

Offline Teflon Don

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2005, 01:51:13 PM »
the salute that di canio does is an old ROMAN war salute meaning victory....it was then adapted by neo nazi.. hitler etc etc....so seeing dat di canio is an  ITALIAN....born in ROME which was at a time the heart of the ROMAN empire.....if he wants to do his historical ROMAN salute dat hitler and he boys who happen to be GERMAN stole from the ROMANS dat is his business he have a right to do it....
if micheal ballack do it den i go watch it suspect.

lol by the way anybody ever notice how alan shearer celebrates a goal ???

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2005, 02:15:10 PM »
the salute that di canio does is an old ROMAN war salute meaning victory....it was then adapted by neo nazi.. hitler etc etc....so seeing dat di canio is an  ITALIAN....born in ROME which was at a time the heart of the ROMAN empire.....if he wants to do his historical ROMAN salute dat hitler and he boys who happen to be GERMAN stole from the ROMANS dat is his business he have a right to do it....

nah... I don't agree. The salute USED to signify a greeting among Roman soldiers. Today, it means something else entrirely; a fascist (and racist) gesture. DiCanio and others can't pick and choose the interpretation of the gesture... it IS a facist salute TODAY. Worse yet, it is adopted by the Utlras of Lazio, and well, we could write a book about them and their racism/fascism.
Also, look, DiCanio as an adult has a choice; he could make the salute and offend a large cross-section of the world's society, or he could abstain and show his loyalty to his club some other way. It is a simple, adult choice to make. We live in an inclusive society; we can either play by the rules or not. He has chosen the latter.
My 2 rupiah...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2005, 02:19:20 PM »

Teflon ah cyar agree wid dah one. Di Canio should know better(if he's not a racist). Plus the Italians and the Nazis were allies during WWII. He should definitely know better.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2005, 02:19:47 PM »

Shearer's celebration is completely different. He raises his hand almost vertically upwards (the forearm slightly bent) and leaves it upraised with the palm facing forward. The Facsist salute calls for first touching the chest with a closed palm and then extending the forearm stiffly with the palm facing downward and then (possibly) touching the chest again... no comparison, I'm afraid. Don't bring Shearer into this.
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2005, 02:32:32 PM »
Shaka once again showing his Class. Stand by your morals boss ..... what right ... is right ...... Di Canio is an ass  :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2005, 02:41:11 PM »
DiCanio and others can't pick and choose the interpretation of the gesture... it IS a facist salute TODAY.

cantona, your statement above shows that political correctness has triumphed absolutely in this society.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 02:42:49 PM by ribbit »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2005, 02:44:53 PM »
DiCanio and others can't pick and choose the interpretation of the gesture... it IS a facist salute TODAY.

cantona, your statement above shows that political correctness has triumphed absolutely in this society.
explain... (forgive me for being dense  ;) )

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2005, 02:49:55 PM »
He has to make sure the people he has directed the salute to do not interpret it as an endorsement of fascism.....mostly the supporters.  If he doing the salute and people in the stands doing it with the NEGATIVE meaning in their minds then he would be foolish to continue.  He can't turn a blind eye if it incites something.

If his purpose was to reclaim the gesture from the fascists maybe.....but is a bit dubious that was his intention BEFORE he was criticized.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 09:22:11 PM by dcs »

1]; } ?>