April 19, 2024, 07:36:03 AM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 205213 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Racism shows it's ugly face/but words won't kill me, it makes me stronger.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2005, 09:28:53 PM »
And dem is the same people that get raped by the Moors.  They playing they ain't know they history.  As he said, in the South it is not as bad.  De moors run through Southern Italy, Spain and Portugal.  On a serious note though; it's a shame to see supporters making monkey chants at their own player.  It's truly regrettable, and the FIFA big wigs needs to seriously address this.  Start by fining clubs millions, not pennies, and let continued offences be me with home stadium bans, etc.  Let clubs feel it where it impacts them the most.  The slap on the wrist is obviously not working.

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2005, 09:42:43 PM »
Blatter does be in de news talking shit all de time, dis is what he should be addressing

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 09:55:59 PM »
Blatter does be in de news talking shit all de time, dis is what he should be addressing

sorry bredda...but is not Blatter job to eradicate racism in the world. as far as I see FIFA doing real things and maybe they could do more, but there is a limit. Just becasue you seeing racism in the stadium it doh mean is a football problem...is a societal problem and you should be asking what the italian government and other italian and european human rights groups doing...doh jump on Blatter cause I do see FIFA addressing these problems...but dey need more support

And dem is the same people that get raped by the Moors. They playing they ain't know they history.
Wheeyyy....I doh think them historical 'facts' will make anybody less racist. If anything you giving dem a excuse

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2005, 12:13:21 AM »
For those of you who don't know my favourite team F.C. St. Pauli (at present only 3rd division in germany, so I Would understand...)
Here is a short extract from their English homepage:

Parallel to the development of the St. Pauli district, which attracted increasing numbers of students, punks and artists, from the mid-eighties on an alternative fan scene came into being around the Millerntor, and for the first time the pirate flag was raised at the stadium. From this time on the skull and crossbones gave symbolic expression to the rebellious and pugnacious philosophy of the club and its fans.

This attitude paid dividends when the club once more earned promotion to the top division of the Bundesliga in 1988 – an event of mythic resonance. Remarkable contests were played out at the Millerntor home pitch against apparently invincible opponents. All the same, there was a constant concern for fair and civilised behaviour towards the opposing side. Incidentally, the St. Pauli football club was the first club to enshrine a ban on rightwing nationalist tendencies in its stadium rules right from the start.

SAY NO TO RACISM!! Forzza St. Pauli  8)

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2005, 12:20:30 AM »
I'm a lazio fan ... stuff like this is blown way out of context ... the reason why the monkey chants exist is to offend the player... I know its wrong, but 95% of the fans don't even care what the color of the player's skin is ...

I mean these clubs have black players... and many of them are hero's to the fans ... which shows the contradiction

P.S the Moors were N. Africans (like arabs, semetic blood line) who went into lands conquered by the arabs, like southern Italy, and spain and settled there ...

RACISM SHOULD NOT EXIST IN TODAY'S SOCIETY!

also speaking of racist (well discrimination), check one of the earlier threads on this forum where some user attacks muslims ... isn't that sad ... you know this is sports, you can make fun of each other's teams, but insulting skin color, and religion ? thats just pathetic

-Sal from Bahrain
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:46:28 AM by Alsalman »

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2005, 12:28:45 AM »
you feel ww2 just done adn the philosophy of racism dead with it?  Or slavery just done, so black people are not philosophically still on the same level as cattle? you believe the excuses of why the nclear bomb was dropped on japan and not germany?  nah brother, this is man's greatest challenge, and to close your eyes t it is just stupid

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2005, 01:55:52 AM »
WAR ON RACISM NOW.
UNTIL THE COLOR OF A MAN'S EYE IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFICANCE THAN THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.
I SAY IS WAR.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 06:27:24 AM »

P.S the Moors were N. Africans (like arabs, semetic blood line) who went into lands conquered by the arabs, like southern Italy, and spain and settled there ...

-Sal from Bahrain

Generally true but as usual in an attempt to justify the enslavement of peoples of Black African origin, suggesting that a significant number of these 'conquerors' were Black Africans would not have lent itself to the justification of slavery at the time. So promoting the idea that it was a solely Arab/Semetic group that ran through Southern Italy and Iberia became the story promoted and accpeted widely when truth and fact it was far from actuality. Recent research of genetic markers from DNA analysis prove to the contrary popular held beliefs by the masses.

Also, being a person with muslim blood in my veins what thread on this forum did someone insult Muslims or Islam, I would like to read this thread myself.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2005, 06:44:44 AM »
WAR ON RACISM NOW.
UNTIL THE COLOR OF A MAN'S EYE IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFICANCE THAN THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN.
I SAY IS WAR.

Brother racism is not simply about skin colour. racism exist in all forms and fashions, look what happened in the former Yugoslavia. I once asked a Croatian if he could tell a Serbian by looking at him, he said no. Yet they killed eash other in the millions. Same with Rawanda, the same thing happened in China. Racism like politics, like religion is basically an excuse to dominate and seize power. I read Triniman comments about Mugabe and about T&T society (which was inaccurate at best). But I could not help but wonder if Triniman really believed that if their were no Syrians, Chinee, White or Indian and the businesses were own by peoples of African ethnicity, if they would have no one working for little pay, scrunting and ketchin their ass. The devisions of peoples is basically have and have nots and every place on earth their are more have nots than haves. And the haves will do anything to keep it that way.

Back to ball, I believe in general football more than any sport has drawn peoples together. the minority who bring their beliefs of racism to the game are simply that "a minority" But yuh know if you go Italy their is a divide between Nort and South, if you want to hear insults and comments of disgust you should be at a game like Napoli vs Milan lard!

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2005, 06:47:25 AM »
Nice one observer, but explain Spain vs England for me ? That wasn't a minority doing the monkey calls.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2005, 06:53:27 AM »
anyone who thinks Italian football isnt racist is having a laugh, the ultra's are as racist as they come with their monkey chants and calling people n*gger. Other leagues might have racism but at least its kept out of the stadiums. I have been to Lazio games with swastika banners being flown and nothing was done and the same guys go back week after week. In england you would probably get a 5 year ban at minimum.
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2005, 07:13:40 AM »
I'm a lazio fan ... stuff like this is blown way out of context ... the reason why the monkey chants exist is to offend the player... I know its wrong, but 95% of the fans don't even care what the color of the player's skin is ...

And 95% percent of those chanting to ofend the player do not care that they are supporting the 5% who are hard core racists.

They have no love for the black man otherwise they would not commit what are DESPICABLE acts, so saying that is "blown out of proportion" is ridiculous.

Just as ridiculous as using the presence of black players on their teams as a defence. If the black OX (or employee/slave) is working for you, scoring goals and making your team better, you will tolerate him, maybe even love him.

But that does not mean that you are not racist because as soon as he falls out of favour or moves to a next team you will boo and chant.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2005, 07:27:52 AM »

I mean these clubs have black players... and many of them are hero's to the fans ... which shows the contradiction

also speaking of racist (well discrimination), check one of the earlier threads on this forum where some user attacks muslims ... isn't that sad ... you know this is sports, you can make fun of each other's teams, but insulting skin color, and religion ? thats just pathetic

-Sal from Bahrain

Sal Let me remind you that trinidad & tobago if you don't know happens to be one of the most diverse countries in the world,we have a hindu and muslim population to be proud of for over 100 years so get off your high horse and try to understand the dynamics of the forum what you may deem as racist we call banter and as for understanding the people of bahrain we're getting a taste of your sensitivity to certain issues.This is by far the most I've heard of bahrain and bahrain have heard of us,so it's a learning curve for all intended,it's amazing how soccer can bring countries together it surely is the worlds greatest game.But not to stray from the topic I think wherever you live or what country you live in there's a degree of racism even I suspect in bahrain,so with that said give us the name of your website and chat room in bahrain with english translation and extend the same courtesy offered to bahrain by this forum.

Thank You
                                                                               It's a small World After All.....

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2005, 12:55:07 PM »

-Sal from Bahrain

Sal Let me remind you that trinidad & tobago if you don't know happens to be one of the most diverse countries in the world,we have a hindu and muslim population to be proud of for over 100 years so get off your high horse and try to understand the dynamics of the forum what you may deem as racist we call banter and as for understanding the people of bahrain we're getting a taste of your sensitivity to certain issues.This is by far the most I've heard of bahrain and bahrain have heard of us,so it's a learning curve for all intended,it's amazing how soccer can bring countries together it surely is the worlds greatest game.But not to stray from the topic I think wherever you live or what country you live in there's a degree of racism even I suspect in bahrain,so with that said give us the name of your website and chat room in bahrain with english translation and extend the same courtesy offered to bahrain by this forum.

Thank You
                                                                               It's a small World After All.....

You may call it banter, But i don't think insulting other people based on their culture, color, or religion is banter...

anyways, going back to the topic, most the fans in the stands are not racist, most of them do not participate or agree with such behaviours.... the problem is that the media (especially the british media) trys to make every body else look bad... I know people who go to Lazio home games, sit next to lazio ultra's and its normal... its not like people come in being racist ...

it is a personal attack on the player, it is wrong, but again it happens, like the gay chants Totti recieves during games for example ...

I agree with you its wrong... I am just saying, its not like these fans go around hating black people, its just that they hate their opponents.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 01:06:19 PM »

-Sal from Bahrain
You chat crap oui. That is the biggest bull I have ever heard about the lazio fans ever since Lillan Thuram was at parma they give me abuse for supporting anti racism.  remember when they racially abused four of parma players so bad that they basically gave up. They couldnt take it no more. How do to explain lazio fans for hanging banners with nazi signs of openly?
Remember last season when di canio made that Nazi Salute? why did he do that? because he wanted to connect with his racist idiotic fans
Remember when Sinisa Mihajlovic racially abused patrick vieira in the champions league? and then when he went on the pitch to say sorry and try and stop lazio fans from being racist. What did the fans do, they booed him.
Any person who follow football hard knows that lazio is the MOST RACIST CLUB EVER. That club makes me sick.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 01:12:07 PM by Futbol »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 01:42:43 PM »
alasam I am sad to say your friends are not telling you the whole truth, have you actually been to a Lazio game ?
or even better are your friends black ? Try and go and stand next to the ultra if you black, lets see how long before the abuse starts.
Lazio are racist and the reason the english media blow it up is because they were punished in the past for crowd violence and yet they see these idiots doing it every week and the Italian FA do f**k all. Check out next time look at the Nazi salutes that isnt the mexican wave. I used to like Lazio but never again I have been to their games and will never go again. There supporters are the worst I have ever seen in person and that is saying alot as man who went to watch Shaka at West Ham.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2005, 03:30:06 PM »
alasam I am sad to say your friends are not telling you the whole truth, have you actually been to a Lazio game ?
or even better are your friends black ? Try and go and stand next to the ultra if you black, lets see how long before the abuse starts.
Lazio are racist and the reason the english media blow it up is because they were punished in the past for crowd violence and yet they see these idiots doing it every week and the Italian FA do f**k all. Check out next time look at the Nazi salutes that isnt the mexican wave. I used to like Lazio but never again I have been to their games and will never go again. There supporters are the worst I have ever seen in person and that is saying alot as man who went to watch Shaka at West Ham.

Steups Them Bastard you will put a black person in hospital after 5mins into the game

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2005, 12:16:28 AM »
i've never been to a lazio match and i don't think i ever want to go. what i know from tv is more than enough.
why is nobody doing anything against it? why do the other fans not let them nazis know they are not wanted? why don't the players stand up and tell them they are a shame?
why does the club not forbid such banners and chantings and will not let people into the stadium any more after violating those rules?
why do the italian football association and uefa or fifa not punish the club real hard?
all this i can't understand.
with these type of fans, lazio has to be banned from all official matches!
things like that don't happen in other european leagues (i heard of bad incidents in croatia though, zagreb esp. - anybody knows more?) and if it happens, in Spain, England, Germany, France, where ever, people stand up against it, because RACISM IS CRIME NOT AN OPINION!  >:(

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2005, 09:20:31 AM »

we;ve had Arabs, as well as darker skinned individuals sit next to the ultra's on the Rome derby the biggest game for Roman teams ...

The abuse is overreported, a small faction does it... and suddenly people assume EVERY LAZIO FAN is racist... which is complete bullcrap. See Lazio are racist ... thats a joke ? Why not reporting Inter MIlan for racist abuse ? or the Real Madrid fans, or the Roma fans, or the Atletico fans... or the Milwall fans (who years back went on a riot fighting against every asian man in their area) ... Lazio is just put in the face of all this ...

You chat crap oui. That is the biggest bull I have ever heard about the lazio fans ever since Lillan Thuram was at parma they give me abuse for supporting anti racism.  remember when they racially abused four of parma players so bad that they basically gave up. They couldnt take it no more. How do to explain lazio fans for hanging banners with nazi signs of openly?
Remember last season when di canio made that Nazi Salute? why did he do that? because he wanted to connect with his racist idiotic fans
Remember when Sinisa Mihajlovic racially abused patrick vieira in the champions league? and then when he went on the pitch to say sorry and try and stop lazio fans from being racist. What did the fans do, they booed him.
Any person who follow football hard knows that lazio is the MOST RACIST CLUB EVER. That club makes me sick.

As for the DiCanio comment... there is a difference between the Roman salute, which existed since Roman times, and Nazi culture. It was a stupid gesture, given the associated meaning (people assumed he was nazi), but its a Roman salute... DiCanio is not a nazi... nor are lazio fans. I think you have no idea of soccer, nor have enough knowledge of Lazio (lazio fans are right wing, like Inter fans, like Hellas Verona fans, they put right wing signs all over to show that... the nazi sign I've seen and I've been pissed at, because its stupid... it makes us all look bad... but the reason for putting it is political, Fans in Italy are political... right wing VS communists VS Liberal.... they all put signs to the extreme to show their hate of the other group... that is the reason for it, nothing more). They racially abused 4 parma players, that is wrong... no one said its right... but to say that the fans and the club are racist is just a stupid comment, I guess living in england you learn that... you know every one makes mistakes but the english  :rotfl: As for the Miha comment... Miha is an idiot ... did you see him lick Mattarazi's ear... or when he kissed stankovic on the mouth when we were playing against Inter ? Ahahaha. Also when he went on the feild to stop Lazio fans from being racist ... that never happened.

Where were you and the biased english press when Dabo recieved a standing ovation even after he scored an own goal ? Where were you when Manfredini got cheered so hard, I was thinking (this guy sux, why the cheer) ...

It is normal to boo your opponents... to say that lazio fans are racist... is just dumb
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 09:28:59 AM by Alsalman »

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2005, 09:29:37 AM »
have you been to these games ??
I have and its not overreported they have a large racist following and middle eastern looking is not black !
I dont have to argue with you I have been to these games and seen what goes on where clearly you havent or choose to not see it. yes it does exist at other clubs but nowhere as openly as at Lazio.
Ps Millwall had many convictions after the riots and they are now banned for life .............see the difference

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2005, 09:32:50 AM »
I have and its not overreported they have a large racist following and middle eastern looking is not black !
I dont have to argue with you I have been to these games and seen what goes on where clearly you havent or choose to not see it. yes it does exist at other clubs but nowhere as openly as at Lazio.
Ps Millwall had many convictions after the riots and they are now banned for life .............see the difference

YOu've been to a lazio game ? I have freinds who have been there... I could not go last derby (ran out of cash  :'() I am saying is that it does exist... but not to the extent that is reported... most lazio fans are appalled by these actions... one should not overgeneralize... like the fellow above... suddenly all lazio fans, and the club itself is racist...

also its a dying group that commits these acts .... they have been dissapearing over the past years (thank God) and we're happy as lazio fans to get rid of them

Many fans have been fighting these groups on the stands (cause obviously the club says its helpless... it does not own the stadium, and the Italian FA claim to not know such things, then fine the club which is not responsible for a stadium it does not own) I know there were moments in the past years where groups were clashing with each other... but its good, cause if no one steps up... then people like that dude above(not superoli) will say "all lazio fans are racist" (meaning I'm suddenly racist too lol!)

I know there have been many stupid things in the past... but don't overgeneralize... its wrong to overgeneralize... most lazio fans are in no shape or way racist ... most lazio fans hate the fact they are labeled racist ...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 09:39:20 AM by Alsalman »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2005, 09:35:02 AM »

You still can't generalize.....Lazio is famous for ultras (responsible for most open racism), but they are still considered an extremist group.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2005, 09:40:38 AM »
How am I gerneralising ?
I am not saying all Lazio fans are racist, I used to go to to there games !
what I am saying they have the largest openly racist element of football team I have been to.
But what is worse is that Lazio FC are not doing anything about it !

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2005, 09:51:31 AM »
With all this racism talk one might be tempted to think that trinis are fighters first.... nothing could be further from the truth.... trinis are for the most part extremly cool characters able to put a party spin on anything..... ie. if you don't believe me check out WC2006.... carnival in Germany.....  :chilling:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2005, 09:56:27 AM »
How am I gerneralising ?
I am not saying all Lazio fans are racist, I used to go to to there games !

There supporters are the worst I have ever seen in person and that is saying alot as man who went to watch Shaka at West Ham.

That is what you said earlier, and that is why it sounded like you were generalizing.........by "there supporters" I assume you mean "their supporters".....which implies that you were talking about all of their supporters...which is generalizing......

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2005, 09:58:06 AM »

-Sal from Bahrain

The Moors who under Hannibal invaded Italy were of both Black African and Arab groups. There was actually a definite distinction between the two groups.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2005, 10:00:23 AM »
I can only say sorry I did not mean to imply that. English language is great huh !

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
yeah what one says and what one means is often different.......It's all good....... :beermug:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2005, 10:38:02 AM »
As for the DiCanio comment... there is a difference between the Roman salute, which existed since Roman times, and Nazi culture. It was a stupid gesture, given the associated meaning (people assumed he was nazi), but its a Roman salute... DiCanio is not a nazi... nor are lazio fans. I think you have no idea of soccer, nor have enough knowledge of Lazio (lazio fans are right wing, like Inter fans, like Hellas Verona fans, they put right wing signs all over to show that... the nazi sign I've seen and I've been pissed at, because its stupid... it makes us all look bad... but the reason for putting it is political, Fans in Italy are political... right wing VS communists VS Liberal.... they all put signs to the extreme to show their hate of the other group... that is the reason for it, nothing more). They racially abused 4 parma players, that is wrong... no one said its right... but to say that the fans and the club are racist is just a stupid comment, I guess living in england you learn that... you know every one makes mistakes but the english  :rotfl: As for the Miha comment... Miha is an idiot ... did you see him lick Mattarazi's ear... or when he kissed stankovic on the mouth when we were playing against Inter ? Ahahaha. Also when he went on the feild to stop Lazio fans from being racist ... that never happened.

Where were you and the biased english press when Dabo recieved a standing ovation even after he scored an own goal ? Where were you when Manfredini got cheered so hard, I was thinking (this guy sux, why the cheer) ...

It is normal to boo your opponents... to say that lazio fans are racist... is just dumb

And where were you when Dabo got spat in the face in rome by his own fans? Does that one standing ovation hide the racist banners and racism that has happend previous and present.
Lazio has a strong racist background. accept it.Its so obvious theres no point debating it.

and who said english dont make mistakes? I never said that. Do I feel that,no. so dont put words in my mouth. You are stupid to say that because you dont know how it is to live as a black man in England for me to feel the english are allways right.

and I never said that lazio IS racist i say they are the MOST racist club

and that idiotic player did go on the field in a champions league game after the arsenal one to stop Lazio fans from being racist and he did sorry to vieira for his stupid behaviour

As for when you said this part they all put signs to the extreme to show their hate of the other group... that is the reason for it, nothing more). yes im sure thats the same reason why alot of them get nazi tattoos ::)

Offline Alsalman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:45 AM »

-Sal from Bahrain

The Moors who under Hannibal invaded Italy were of both Black African and Arab groups. There was actually a definite distinction between the two groups.

There were definitly many of African origin, but even then it was mostly northern Africans, such as the berbers, and the ex Carthigians (pheonician)

there were definetly many darker skinned warriors who fought with their brothers and inhabited spain for 700 years  :beermug:

1]; } ?>