March 29, 2024, 02:03:27 AM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 201775 times)

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football Racism in Italy
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2005, 05:21:19 PM »
Italy really dont seem to be gettin no better...it really disgusting. the league needs to be more strict and not accepting of this behaviour
Back in Trini...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2005, 05:35:42 PM »
i read this article over the wknd and said hmph. today whole day i wanted to start this thread but i didn't want to start no comess. but now i have to say meh piece:

what will we do if our players are on the receiving end of this nonsense next year??

The same thing everybody else does do... protest. There really is nothing else that you can do until people are forced to stop their assinine behaviour.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jimmy the Dog

• El Perro
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2005, 05:42:46 PM »
Hey you warriors we do not allow this shit at the Vale...........a life ban........look at your love of ME MUM, the only white boy in the side and he has told us he has the biggest ding a ling ............but honestly English fans are genually anti-racist..........Where i live in Spain they worst than the Italians
The wonder of you....Supa Vale

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2005, 05:57:53 PM »
We could say what we want about the English League, if is one thing, them FA offcials does punish man, team, and supporters for anything off-key, especially anything resembling racism. Italy and, more recently Spain, seem to not want to deal with this kind of thing, which reflects badly on their society. Imagine team getting fined a few hundred Euros in Spain for monkey chants at men like E'too. That is insulting! One team even had the balls to say the Spanish League thiefing them while not doing anything about their racist supporters. I read sometime that not all supporters are racist and that they simply see it as heckling any player, and I think this is how the authorities looking at it. Real disgusting stuff in his day and age. America does have they racial problems, but yuh doh see it in sports. Some a these European countries have no shame.
Ketch footballitis

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2005, 06:06:18 PM »
Hey you warriors we do not allow this shit at the Vale...........a life ban........look at your love of ME MUM, the only white boy in the side and he has told us he has the biggest ding a ling ............but honestly English fans are genually anti-racist..........Where i live in Spain they worst than the Italians

that's why can't stand those other European leagues...long live the EPL!!
That's what they need to institute in the rest of Europe...LIFETIME BAN.

Man U forever!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2005, 06:07:29 PM »
this thing going on for years in Itlay and Spain.

allyuh see the Real Sport with Brian Gumbel on HBO a couple months back when he highlight the racism issue  in football and was talking to Thiery Henry. he end the segment with a white man from UEFA i believe. the man give the usual spin about their approach to racism and then Gumbel hit him with a questions, he ask him if they could really get a handle on the racism issue when all the directors are old white men and the ruling body doh even have diversity representation on the board. the man get stupid wit that one.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2005, 06:49:38 PM »
We could say what we want about the English League, if is one thing, them FA offcials does punish man, team, and supporters for anything off-key, especially anything resembling racism.

It wasn't always like this though..england today is a reaction to racism in the terraces decades ago...as they have undergone a ideological revolution, so too will europe with the help of the rest of the world, but let's not act like it was non existent in england previously.

There are still some who remain...case in point the abuse dwight was subjected to when blackburn played birmingham last year... :-\
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Jimmy the Dog

• El Perro
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2005, 06:57:25 PM »
Yes but be realistic Dwight was abused by 2 nobheads in 28.000 crowd and will not go there again Banned for life.........England is cleaning up its act ...........BOYS credit were it due

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2005, 07:03:02 PM »
yea, it's largely been stamped out, but my pt was not to deny that it did exist at one pt as it does right now in europe......
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2005, 07:18:03 PM »
If is one thing I glad for is that them thing for the most part doh exist in Trinidad especially in sport.

Birchall is ah man come and fit in normal normal on ah predominantly black team.

I cyah 4king stand racism dread and this is something that does go on all the time. What does get meh even more irate is the level of dotishness with them fans. You belittling a player for being black but yuh 2 biggest guns up top black. So much so one from Africa and he black no ass and the next one from Brasil. Why yuh doh be racial towards them to. That is jes stupid dread. I think is that they cyah find fault with the man  he playing good. he eh spitting on nobody and doing ah set ah shit in the public eye so bess we call him nigga.

Lazio supporters display a huge racist banner at Rome's Olympic Stadium in April 2001.

Més que un club.

Offline Jimmy the Dog

• El Perro
  • Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2005, 07:45:03 PM »
Well disgruntled you make a valid point and in Trini case you in Birchie The biggest ding a ling in the Trini squad.............only white boy.........and as you and numerous people say................no problem.........this has got to be good for rascism on a local and world wide front as the press will make a fuss over.........typical storyline.....low league player do good in WC side. This boy in months now knows his roots are with Trini and no problem with the Black or White Issue is proud to be a Trini............AND according to our feed back here in England ............ME MUM is

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2005, 07:51:56 PM »
but FIFA and UEFA does encourage the shit

After that incident with Real Madrid and with the spanish national coach they should ah clamp down hardcore on that

football is marketed as the beautifull game yet the ugliest thing is racism

what even worse if you call the top 10 footballers in the world the majority will be black or some other race

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2005, 08:22:40 PM »
My 2 cents

1. Racism is not a football issue. It's a societal issue....

2. Football matches just provide a public forum for expressing racial feelings, thoughts etc......

3. You can't stop racism by censoring people's words and feelings. Taking down banners and fining clubs for racial slurs and abuse might hide some of it, and prevent some players from being offended or being uncomfortable......but it's just putting a band-aid on a cancer.

4. It's neither FIFA's duty nor the football club's duty to stop racism. They can only do their best to foster an environment of professionalism in which everyone is treated fairly and feels comfortable.....In the real world that we live in without censorhip, it is very difficult.

5. The only real power that FIFA, football bodies, and clubs have in fighting racism directly is by implementing inclusive and non-discriminatory practices in employment and governance (something which I think almost every corporation in this day and age does).......

6. Racism should not offend only minority players...it should offend all players......In fact I believe a more powerful message would be sent if a white player/white players in Europe were to actively rebel against racism. Sure minority players are affected, but when when a significant number of white  players start expressing their distaste for racism as well.......then the football fraternity would seem more unified.....and it won't just be the usual case of the "oppressed" player complaining.

7. At the end of the day, the players just need to keep playing. Minority players need to stay strong, keep playing, perform well & be role models. Touching moments like Zoro's are good for the story books but unfortunately may not change much.......As a minority in a racist environment, the only power you have is to gain respect is through the content of your character and excellence in your profession......

8. Globalization, education, tolerance and a gradual acceptance of diversity are part of the very very very very slow societal evolution process that will end racism..........until then the players just need to keep playing.......
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:25:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2005, 08:38:53 PM »
My 2 cents

2. Football matches just provide a public forum for expressing racial feelings, thoughts etc......

3. You can't stop racism by censoring people's words and feelings. Taking down banners and fining clubs for racial slurs and abuse might hide some of it, and prevent some players from being offended or being uncomfortable......but it's just putting a band-aid on a cancer.

4. It's neither FIFA's duty nor the football club's duty to stop racism. They can only do their best to foster an environment of professionalism in which everyone is treated fairly and feels comfortable.....In the real world that we live in without censorhip, it is very difficult.

5. The only real power that FIFA, football bodies, and clubs have in fighting racism directly is by implementing inclusive and non-discriminatory practices in employment and governance (something which I think almost every corporation in this day and age does).......

6. Racism should not offend only minority players...it should offend all players......In fact I believe a more powerful message would be sent if a white player/white players in Europe were to actively rebel against racism. Sure minority players are affected, but when when a significant number of white  players start expressing their distaste for racism as well.......then the football fraternity would seem more unified.....and it won't just be the usual case of the "oppressed" player complaining.

7. At the end of the day, the players just need to keep playing. Minority players need to stay strong, keep playing, perform well & be role models. Touching moments like Zoro's are good for the story books but unfortunately may not change much.......As a minority in a racist environment, the only power you have is to gain respect is through the content of your character and excellence in your profession......

8. Globalization, education, tolerance and a gradual acceptance of diversity are part of the very very very very slow societal evolution process that will end racism..........until then the players just need to keep playing.......

# 6 is a boss point. They have to say enough is enough..lead the way.

Must be very hard on non white players though..

Maybe it's time to start taking away the forum these fools abuse. Close door matches..and maybe, the man who normally stands next to them while they are chanting or whatever will finally say..listen..this is not good for the game...because of you, we will all have to suffer and not see the games we want...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2005, 09:00:48 PM »
I remember some years ago Ginola get in ah fight with ah man cause he say something racist to ah member of he team.

Kicker I understand what yuh saying and yuh making sense. but this is the game we love and we cyah have ah handfull ah ass spoling it for everybody. Yeah is ah social issue and even that I think FIFA could start some grassroots programs in them same troubled spots and try and root out the racism but that may just be wishfull thinking.

FIFA and UEFA need to get tougher on this shit dread. If you could ban Inter for 4 games because they was pelting flares then they could ban the sdie for 4 games for racial abuse. Cause in this case sticks and stones may break your bones and racial abuse does hurt to.

Not to mention the 2010 world cup going and be in Afica aplace that is infamous for racism. I think FIFA should really do something between now and then to stamp it out on ah global scale.

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2005, 09:18:51 PM »
I remember some years ago Ginola get in ah fight with ah man cause he say something racist to ah member of he team.

Kicker I understand what yuh saying and yuh making sense. but this is the game we love and we cyah have ah handfull ah ass spoling it for everybody. Yeah is ah social issue and even that I think FIFA could start some grassroots programs in them same troubled spots and try and root out the racism but that may just be wishfull thinking.

FIFA and UEFA need to get tougher on this shit dread. If you could ban Inter for 4 games because they was pelting flares then they could ban the sdie for 4 games for racial abuse. Cause in this case sticks and stones may break your bones and racial abuse does hurt to.

Not to mention the 2010 world cup going and be in Afica aplace that is infamous for racism. I think FIFA should really do something between now and then to stamp it out on ah global scale.

Yeah well FIFA can probably do more to try to clamp racism out of the stadia......but I'm just not sure how effective that would be in light of the bigger problem............

What FIFA is doing or can do at the grassroots level can help (that's why I used the "directly" in point 5)....but even that.......not sure how effective it would be globally.

It's just a really difficult situation, and I think it would be almost unfair to put the sole onus on FIFA to deal with a situation that is neither exclusive to nor caused by the sport. Football by itself has built bridges and fostered a certain degree of racial unity across the globe..........Individuals and maybe other organizations need to step up and take some social responsibility for a problem that just happens to fall in Football's back yard...

my opinion
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 09:20:42 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2005, 10:01:09 PM »
The nature of the game is emotional and things happen and one may react in a way on the field or in the stands that they may not react outside of that environment. Racism will never go away any particularly among white Europeans and I accept that but the abuse is just plain obscenely wrong and FIFA and UEFA and domestic authories can do something about it.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2005, 12:34:44 PM »

After that incident with Real Madrid and with the spanish national coach they should ah clamp down hardcore on that

what even worse if you call the top 10 footballers in the world the majority will be black or some other race

Disgruntled hit the nail right on de head.  FIFA need to impose heavier fines on the teams whose fans are guilty of this.  Further, they should start ducking points from teams that do that.  When it starts to hurt where it matters most, then clubs will start to take more draconian measures to stamp out such bigotry.  Ah feel good when that Blackburn fan was charged and fined for taunting Yorke.  The English league leading the way, in terms of not allowing such ignorance to ruin the world's game.

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2005, 03:35:56 PM »
this thing going on for years in Itlay and Spain.

allyuh see the Real Sport with Brian Gumbel on HBO a couple months back when he highlight the racism issue  in football and was talking to Thiery Henry. he end the segment with a white man from UEFA i believe. the man give the usual spin about their approach to racism and then Gumbel hit him with a questions, he ask him if they could really get a handle on the racism issue when all the directors are old white men and the ruling body doh even have diversity representation on the board. the man get stupid wit that one.

So wuh allyuh tink cause Latin America & the Caribbean to be so?  Yuh tink "whitey" go give black man ah break jus so?  Nah happen sah.  Dem people from the Iberian Peninsula were always racist pigs...Shadow was right, Columbus lie! They will never learn, buh black man mus keep on jammin!  In Brazil dey have over 240 gradations of color...and if yuh black yuh always at the bottom...yuh tink the KKK eh living in Italy and Spain too? Is Europe dey come from.  I really embarassed for people without pigmentation in dey skin :-[

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2005, 04:01:53 PM »
Kicker I agree with your thoughts about racism being outside of FIFA's scope.
However, what takes place on the field and in the stadium does fall within their realm.
While they may be unable to KO racism, they will be able to cut out all of this blatant ignorance that takes place during games.
Ban spectators who engage in this activity, ban crowds completely like they have done before and force the players to play in an empty stadium.
If they start hitting the clubs in their pockets, the clubs themselves will be forced to begin stamping this shit out.

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2005, 05:24:20 PM »
All this is why I hope an African team cut Italy tail come next year. 

I say large fines and closed-door games for the clubs, and point deductions for repeated offences.
Also the clubs should be made to implement anti-racism ad campaigns if they are problem spots.

Fines and bans for players who commit offences.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2005, 02:04:05 PM »
My 2 cents

I think that your 6th point was the most valid. Back when Jackie Robinson came into the Big Leagues he experienced the same kind of treatment. It was only when his white teammates show solidarity with him that things began to change. Like you said, ultimately, the players have to keep playing and excelling...and have thick skins for the time being.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2005, 01:30:05 AM »
This weekend Lazio's team captain Paolo Di Canio showed the fascistic saluation again towards the Lazio Fans....
He had done the same in January before in the match against AS Rome and received a € 10.000 fine....
Anybody still believes Lazio and Di Canio are not racists / nazis?  >:(

Here's another proof
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,390019,00.html

Just check the picture.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2005, 07:14:14 AM »
People still think Lazio not racist? They openly racist..they used to boo their own black players. Next year in germany, I think we safe against the English, Swedes and Paraguay regarding racism. Paraguay I could see gettign fired up and saying things but they will say that to anybody regardless of race...just hadda hope men like Whitley, Gray (and hardest if he make it) could keep their cool. And I like Wayne Rooney as a player eh, but I could see him saying just about anythign when he get vex...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2005, 07:47:48 AM »
kicker I agree wid you 100%.  until racism is wiped out from society as a whole it will continue to be displayed in all areas including sports.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2005, 11:23:23 AM »

And I like Wayne Rooney as a player eh, but I could see him saying just about anythign when he get vex...

yeah he look like Nigger go slip out he mouth easy easy if Dog tackle him hard.

Més que un club.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2005, 11:26:45 AM »
Funny thing is that them Italians have black in them too

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2005, 11:43:45 AM »
Funny thing is that them Italians have black in them too

They just like a lot of trinis who does pretend to be white.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2005, 11:49:59 AM »

Yuh know ah rel vex! Allyuh songing as doh allyuh eh know dis racist ting in football occurring all the time. Allyuh know why? Is Pele dey hate because he is ah black man what dey refer to as zambos (Black Sambo)....and allyuh know dat Pele doh make joke.  Is black people time tuh rule the ball and dey fraid...because black and mixtures of blackness (hybrid vigour) taking the podium in almost every sport...I rel embarassed fuh white people well, except we own boy ME MUM :-[

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2005, 12:58:20 PM »

a link to a Garth Crooks story on football racism:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/football_focus/default.stm#

Same page with the story   on "me mum"
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>