April 28, 2024, 08:06:07 PM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 207470 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Player quits club over racist abuse
« Reply #450 on: November 03, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »
I doh see nutten wid de man comments...

dat ah li'l tap jaw wouldn't fix.

nice 1 B&S.....only when I look to quote you and ask you for your interpretation of what the man said, did I see your 'hidden' comment

Lol...I know nuff man dun cuss me and storm off in silence  ;D
:whistling:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 03, 2007, 04:12:09 PM »
I doh see nutten wid de man comments...

dat ah li'l tap jaw wouldn't fix.

nice 1 B&S.....only when I look to quote you and ask you for your interpretation of what the man said, did I see your 'hidden' comment

Lol...I know nuff man dun cuss me and storm off in silence  ;D
:whistling:

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 03, 2007, 04:15:43 PM »
this is belgian league. in spain  africans have to deal with foolishness this  from their own  fans while the game plays.    and they're in  a way bigger league.
my point is they don't quit as quickly..

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 03, 2007, 07:20:36 PM »
Yuh know when Platini was playing, de French man was blaming de selectors after de WC and was saying too many man on de team who not born in France....a clear reference to Tresor and Tigana.  Just look at de French team now.   :rotfl:

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 03, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
this is belgian league. in spain  africans have to deal with foolishness this  from their own  fans while the game plays.    and they're in  a way bigger league.
my point is they don't quit as quickly..

Yea well, while I am not condoning it, in any way, shape or form, the racism by fans is very difficult to control. Difficulties lie in identifying fans and sometimes the number of fans  make enforcement of any baning orders difficult to enforce.

Additionally, the legislation in these countries is not as advanced as say the Football Spectators Act 1991 here in the UK which deals specifically with racist chanting and even the conviction rate here for these offences is extremely low.

That being said, it is one thing to have your fans saying stuff like that to you, it's  entirely another thing for your PRESIDENT to be saying that to your face, in front of your colleagues. Here in the UK, there is workplace legislation which protects workers from that sort of employer reproach/bullying
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 07:54:46 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 05, 2007, 08:27:24 AM »
I know how that player feels because I walked out a wuk same way due to chupid comments just so.

I was in London in 2001...working for an accounting firm...first day on the job.

The Manager says....Oh you are from Trinidad...do you all live in trees?

:o

So me with meh f**k up self start conversation...."Why yes I do in fact I have quite a nice bungalow at home, I did over the roof from thatch and put in some new palm fronds."

So when the woman co workers watching her with they eye open she start up...so do you know anything about steel and concrete down there?

I smiled and said, well...we have a trade embargo and these things cannot be imported. But it floods alot so we like living in trees.

Then the Imps go say...so why did you leave your little island to come up here?

"I watch her and said well the Americans have come into the island and are cutting down all our trees and now we dont have much places to live."

Now her 2-3 co-workers in the office watching her in horror..watching me ahow, cause dey ent know if I serious or not.

That was about 9:15 in the morning during my walkabout tour. I get an assignment to reconcile some figures..I sit by the puter and I type up meh resignation  letter easy easy.

I play some games on the puter solitair and minesweeper...Internet wasn't around then and lunchtime I ride yes.

A time I was in Devon in the only shopping center and a lil girl walk up to me and rub my skin and ask how I am a different colour. The mother run and tell me sorry and said ..shes never seen someone like you before..we dont have a telly at home.

Doh talk bout a time I make a bus drive from NY to Canada for Caribana and I hop out in a truck stop somewhere around Buffalo....boy if yuh see how Jethro, Shep and Hem jaw drop when they see us.

I have about 6-7 London racism stories and even more in FL post 9-11 but you just have to tell yourself they have plenty jackarse in the world and I am thankful I grow up in a country where people are tolerant of each other and I have travelled further than my neightbourhood store.

You must just leave them alone.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 05, 2007, 08:58:30 AM »
Touches that is f**ked up.
Ah know some ppl feel dougla is arab.
What happen in FL?

Offline Phensic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 05, 2007, 01:22:03 PM »
Touches, thats some amazing restraint on your part...Iz funny, the only time I have ever been called a nigger was in my own country by a spoil rich trini-white gyaul (who didn't know her ass from her elbow) in Pelos car park...I have been living in Boston for over 6 years now and have been around more white people than ever before, and to date, not once have I been on the receiving end of a racial slur...

But ah still young so yuh never know!

:beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 05, 2007, 01:45:20 PM »
I know how that player feels because I walked out a wuk same way due to chupid comments just so.

I was in London in 2001...working for an accounting firm...first day on the job.

The Manager says....Oh you are from Trinidad...do you all live in trees?

:o

So me with meh f**k up self start conversation...."Why yes I do in fact I have quite a nice bungalow at home, I did over the roof from thatch and put in some new palm fronds."

So when the woman co workers watching her with they eye open she start up...so do you know anything about steel and concrete down there?

I smiled and said, well...we have a trade embargo and these things cannot be imported. But it floods alot so we like living in trees.

Then the Imps go say...so why did you leave your little island to come up here?

"I watch her and said well the Americans have come into the island and are cutting down all our trees and now we dont have much places to live."

Now her 2-3 co-workers in the office watching her in horror..watching me ahow, cause dey ent know if I serious or not.

That was about 9:15 in the morning during my walkabout tour. I get an assignment to reconcile some figures..I sit by the puter and I type up meh resignation  letter easy easy.

I play some games on the puter solitair and minesweeper...Internet wasn't around then and lunchtime I ride yes.

A time I was in Devon in the only shopping center and a lil girl walk up to me and rub my skin and ask how I am a different colour. The mother run and tell me sorry and said ..shes never seen someone like you before..we dont have a telly at home.

Doh talk bout a time I make a bus drive from NY to Canada for Caribana and I hop out in a truck stop somewhere around Buffalo....boy if yuh see how Jethro, Shep and Hem jaw drop when they see us.

I have about 6-7 London racism stories and even more in FL post 9-11 but you just have to tell yourself they have plenty jackarse in the world and I am thankful I grow up in a country where people are tolerant of each other and I have travelled further than my neightbourhood store.

You must just leave them alone.

Most of what you decribe isn't racism though.

giggsy11

« Reply #459 on: November 05, 2007, 01:57:44 PM »
As bad as things are here in the US when it come to race issues at least there are Laws and regulations to ensure that there are consequences for such behaviour.

Had this situation occurred is the US the consequences would have been a lot more dire than losing their sponsor...the key  being "Hostile work environment" whcih is music to the ears of litigators.

Doh talk up de US about consequences regarding racism on jobs. Twice in the past weeks nooses were used to make a point involving blacks and whites. One geh suspended and the other still have a job.

giggsy11

« Reply #460 on: November 05, 2007, 02:18:38 PM »
Whatever the manager's motives were for saying what he said, appear to imply a lack of knowledge, ability to interact with someone from a different country and of a different race.  It was also real dotish of him to use words that the player would associate with racism. He apparently has not learn how to be a suttle racist yet!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy shows racism the red card
« Reply #461 on: February 07, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »
Show racism the red card
Falkirk Herald

FALKIRK star Russell Latapy visited Kinnaird Primary yesterday (Wednesday) to launch the latest Show Racism the Red Card inititative.

Already up and running in local secondary schools, the scheme – backed by the football club, BairnsTrust, Falkirk Council's Education Department and the Central Scotland Racial Equality Council, will now roll-out workshops to primary pupils in the area.

They are designed to provide children with a historical background on racism and promote equality of opportunity and good relations between people of different racial groups, while working towards the elimination of discrimination.

Latapy, who held a question and answer session with the children, is pictured above with 10-year-old pupils Alysa Hay and Aiden Miller.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy shows racism the red card
« Reply #462 on: February 07, 2008, 03:37:51 PM »
latasssssssssssssssssssssssss
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
More racism in football - FAZ presidency marred by racial abuse
« Reply #463 on: February 25, 2008, 09:26:27 AM »
man to man is so unjust.

By Kennedy Gondwe
BBC Sport, Lusaka 

The campaign for the Football Association of Zambia (Faz) presidency is being marred by racial slurs on one of the candidates.

Zambian legend Kalusha Bwalya, lawyer Anthony Kasolo and Hanif Adams, a businessman of Indian origin, are contesting the 29 March poll.

But there has been opposition to Adams' candidature in the local media on the basis of his race.

Individuals have argued that despite Adams being Zambian (he was born in eastern Zambia), Faz should not be run by foreigners.

One of them says: "For the sake of national pride and patriotism, Faz should be run by indigenous black Zambians and not Indians or Pakistanis."

Adams, who owns top flight club Lusaka Dynamos, admits he is disappointed with the remarks.

"I am very disappointed for people bringing race issues into matters of football or any matter concerning the development of any country," he told BBC Sport.

"I have never thought I was regarded as an Indian, I always believe I am a Zambian because I was born and bred here.

"I have never been to India since I was born 54 years ago."

"It hurts me when people say that," he added.

"For the last 29 years, I have developed indigenous Zambian players who are thriving because of my efforts."

Despite the attacks, Adams says he will not back down on his Faz ambition.

One of Adams' opponents, Anthony Kasolo, has condemned the racist remarks.

"Legally speaking, being indigenous is neither here nor there because we all came from different places," Kasolo said.

"It's being petty and it's unfortunate that a campaign should go that dirty."

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/africa/7262763.stm

Published: 2008/02/25 11:50:30 GMT

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: More racism in football - FAZ presidency marred by racial abuse
« Reply #464 on: February 25, 2008, 10:30:23 AM »
Total crap. If it was the other way around, you would seen how many people on this forum would have condemned it. Steups. These same Zambians, if an individual from their diaspora were to be in a similar situation in  Europe or elsewhere, you would have heard a ruckus.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 25, 2008, 10:42:05 AM »
 Its nonsense and was totally uncalled for but its a result of seein people enjoy your country for too long while you wallow in poverty all your life...However the guy is Zambian and should be treated as any other candidate

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 25, 2008, 10:57:09 AM »
Sad but true and as a trini you should understand this because the same thing will happen in TnT.

If an indian run for president of the TTFF people will say "What Indian know bout football"

The same problems exsist in Zambia that exsist in Tnt when comes to race.

When people see a Indian he is a Indian, when people see an African, he is an African.

People see race and not Citizenship,
Sad but True

The only cure for racism is blindness and even then that may not work.

They say the next generation is color blind, hopefully this will be true.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 25, 2008, 12:06:05 PM »
Sunil Gulati (US Soccer Federation President) seems to be doing a good job. Meritocracy, is so hard?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 25, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »

How dat go improve racism?...de only ting dat go do is make 'red man' dissappear.....and make HDTV ah waste of time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 25, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »

How dat go improve racism?...de only ting dat go do is make 'red man' dissappear.....and make HDTV ah waste of time

ah doh think we want to IMPROVE racism, but maybe we could try to ERADICATE it  :D  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 25, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
Lawd ! I jus realise what ah type dey oui  :-[  :D

All de redneck lurkers mus be did thought dey had ah inside ally  :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 25, 2008, 06:53:07 PM »
Anti Indian racism in parts of Africa is a normal scene......very sad...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 25, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
For those who playing ignorant
Talking 'bout true African descendant
If yuh want to know de truth
Take ah trip back to yuh roots
And somewhere on that journey
Yuh go see ah man in a dhoti
Saying he prayers in front of a jhandi, jhandi

Kumayah-o
Zindawey-o
Kumayah Zindawey Ayayo...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 08:50:32 PM by Grande »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 26, 2008, 12:20:40 AM »
Sad but true and as a trini you should understand this because the same thing will happen in TnT.

If an indian run for president of the TTFF people will say "What Indian know bout football"
The same problems exsist in Zambia that exsist in Tnt when comes to race.

When people see a Indian he is a Indian, when people see an African, he is an African.

People see race and not Citizenship,
Sad but True

The only cure for racism is blindness and even then that may not work.

Now that is the dumbest statement you've come up with to date.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2008, 03:21:24 AM »
Talk sense nah fardder, ppl only focusing their attention on the end product, what about the inception. i think if ppl are willing to do adequate research they will find the root cause of the problem, and when yuh finish you will see the colonial masters is the chief culprits.

thousands of yrs ago India was a part of Africa, if in doubt, in southern India i think it's off the coast of calcutta there's an island which is totally populated with black African ppl, and buss this! they are indigenous to the island. India used to be an extension of Abyssinia, same ppl same culture.

when alexanda the battyhole left Abyssinia and journeyed to India, one of his remarks was, we just left you ppl back in Abyssinia, what are you doing here in India. he was ammazed to see two differant countries thousands of miles apart with the same identical ppl and the same culture , and in those days a thousand miles was like a trip to a differant galaxy.

hundreds of yrs ago Indian and African shared the same trade route and had a fabulous relationship, it's only during and post colonialism black ppl and Indian ppl all of a sudden cant get along!! ah wonder why!!!!! could the british and the french have any thing to do with it ? "nnaaaaahhhhh".
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:32:00 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 26, 2008, 03:40:37 AM »
Talk sense nah fardder, ppl only focusing their attention on the end product, what about the inception. i think if ppl are willing to do adequate research they will find the root cause of the problem, and when yuh finish you will see the colonial masters is the chief culprits.

thousands of yrs ago India was a part of Africa, if in doubt, in southern India i think it's off the coast of calcutta there's an island which is totally populated with black African ppl, and buss this! they are indigenous to the island. India used to be an extension of Abyssinia, same ppl same culture.

when alexanda the battyhole left Abyssinia and journeyed to India, one of his remarks was, we just left you ppl back in Abyssinia, what are you doing here in India. he was ammazed to see two differant countries thousands of miles apart with the same identical ppl and the same culture , and in those days a thousand miles was like a trip to a differant galaxy.

hundreds of yrs ago Indian and African shared the same trade route and had a fabulous relationship, it's only during and post colonialism black ppl and Indian ppl all of a sudden cant get along!! ah wonder why!!!!! could the british and the french have any thing to do with it ? "nnaaaaahhhhh".

Check this out http://www.cwo.com/~lucumi/india.html

Most of the race talk in TT is done by the racists themselves that is what makes KND'S statement so shocking to me.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 26, 2008, 04:05:30 AM »

Most of the race talk in TT is done by the racists themselves that is what makes KND'S statement so shocking to me.
Excellent read fishes, i have that book by chiek antadiop  (civilization or barbarism ) which touches on that a little bit. a lot of indian  ppl in trini don't even know how they became that way and the reson why is BC of the arian invasion, is the arians who started the cast system to keep the blood line pure, no wonder the lower cast in india are the black skin ones. yuh must check out a black iraqi who lived about 1200 yrs ago name al jahiz, he was instramental in my understanding of ancient india and the middle east.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:07:22 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 26, 2008, 04:35:44 AM »

Excellent read fishes, i have that book by chiek antadiop  (civilization or barbarism ) which touches on that a little bit. a lot of indian  ppl in trini don't even know how they became that way and the reson why is BC of the arian invasion, is the arians who started the cast system to keep the blood line pure, no wonder the lower cast in india are the black skin ones. yuh must check out a black iraqi who lived about 1200 yrs ago name al jahiz, he was instramental in my understanding of ancient india and the middle east.

The politicians perpetuate the race talk to the masses to keep their "tribal " base, they know the majority of Trinis would not do any research or travel further than the Caribbean, the States or Canada for a trip or holiday and therefore not be able to interact with the diverse cultures that make up the world and by so doing question the stupidness that comes out of their leaders mouths.
I recently worked with Sri Lankans and Indians and what was shocking to me was how much some of them looked like me. I played SOCA to the Sri Lankan and he said they have music that sounds similar and he played a couple songs on his guitar for me and the beat was like Kaiso.
The birth place of civilisation travelled and in left the basis of black culture all over thus the similarities.
When a conqueror is tolerant and allows cultures to develop naturally an empire is built but when a conqueror is intolerant and imposes his own morality on peoples he is destined for the dust bin of history.

Dais actually my quote.  ;D ;D

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 26, 2008, 05:18:22 AM »

The politicians perpetuate the race talk to the masses to keep their "tribal " base, they know the majority of Trinis would not do any research or travel further than the Caribbean, the States or Canada for a trip or holiday and therefore not be able to interact with the diverse cultures that make up the world and by so doing question the stupidness that comes out of their leaders mouths.
I recently worked with Sri Lankans and Indians and what was shocking to me was how much some of them looked like me. I played SOCA to the Sri Lankan and he said they have music that sounds similar and he played a couple songs on his guitar for me and the beat was like Kaiso.
The birth place of civilisation travelled and in left the basis of black culture all over thus the similarities.
When a conqueror is tolerant and allows cultures to develop naturally an empire is built but when a conqueror is intolerant and imposes his own morality on peoples he is destined for the dust bin of history.

Dais actually my quote.  ;D ;D
As yuh know it have fellas on this site who like to demonize I like if i wrote history, when all i'm doing is repeating it. fellas does call me a racist, but all i'm doing is telling them what happened in the anals of time, it's almost like they hate the truth for some reason , or the truth does take them out of their comfort zone into a area of harsh reality. i remember when i was around 13yrs old my breddren dex became a radical muslim and black nationalist, he went from being fun to be around till i started avoiding him, even hating to see him at times.

he would talk about black history  and how whites hid so much things from us to keep us ignorant so they could continue to oppress us, bredder could you imagine telling this to a brain washed sheltered 13 yrs old. when i came to the realization that he was telling me the truth, i almost lost my mind. i think i was about 15 when i heard the same things from a NJAC member whom i respected which caused me to accept the truth about life and imbrace truth instead of running from it.

ppl who i was taught to hate were actually ppl that was fighting agianst oppression. then i realize that the ppl i was thought to love were the ones who helped in oppressing the masses, like the catholic church, i thought the priest was like the most revered person on the earth, until my boy told me to ask him about praying to statues , and eating pork,BC in their own bible it was said , don't bow to idols, but in the church has statues of every kind and ppl pray to them.

in the said bible it states don't eat swine , but they do it anyway, and without conviction, the priest was lest dumb founded and could not give an appropiate answer. i think at that moment i was set free from my shackles, all these things made me question my parents and realize that my parents was brained washed worst than me, BC even though you showed them proof , they still continued along the same path.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 05:42:57 AM by just cool »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 26, 2008, 08:04:08 AM »
Racism exist throught the World and has existed throughout the history of man. It is not a African, Indian thing or African, Caucasian thing. Just ask the peoples of China, former Yugoslavia, Sudan, Rwanda, Russia, Congo, Zimbabwe etc etc.

Me! Though I am willing to discuss it, will not let it and have never allowed it to dictate to me in anyway. Maybe it is because I am getting older, but the longer I live is the more I firmly believe that sectarianism, statism, aristocracy, racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, like religion, is nothing more than a tools of the HAVES to keep the HAVE NOTS divided.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>