April 28, 2024, 09:00:54 PM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 207492 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Racism in English Football!
« Reply #510 on: September 29, 2008, 07:10:01 PM »
These incidents are rightly vilified, but shouldn't England concentrate on tackling it's own problems with racially disparaging chants from the terraces of Premier League clubs before it criticises the actions of others?
No. 

They are perfectly capable... and justified, in criticizing the behavior abroad while addressing the behavior at home as best they can.

you have three or four mawkish memories when looking back at the end of the season. With this in mind, is it not wildly hypocritical that England lambasts other countries' minority fans whom monkey chant at black English players while England itself is still obviously struggling with their own intolerances?
"three or four" incidents none of which, not individually nor collectively rise to the level of monkey chants.  How in blooming hell then, does that make the protests of the English towards the behavior of the Croatian fans "wildly hypocritical"?

Wasted potential.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 30, 2008, 02:34:00 AM »
white ppl does chant monkey chant to diss black ppl , but in all honesty , they look more like monkeys to me. monkeys for the most part have black fur and some apes are black skin colour, but that's it as far as black and monkeys go.  most species of monkeys have white flesh, with big ears and no lips, ah trait indicative of the white race.

them black boy doh know how to hit them back, that's why they continue with all this fackry bout black man look like monkeys. to me white ppl are the most uncivilized homosapiens on the planet. they only get along well with whites, and only whites they can co-exist with. i say kiss my monkey ass to all dem big ears thin lip hairy savages.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:35:34 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 30, 2008, 03:12:11 AM »
white ppl does chant monkey chant to diss black ppl , but in all honesty , they look more like monkeys to me. monkeys for the most part have black fur and some apes are black skin colour, but that's it as far as black and monkeys go.  most species of monkeys have white flesh, with big ears and no lips, ah trait indicative of the white race.

them black boy doh know how to hit them back, that's why they continue with all this fackry bout black man look like monkeys. to me white ppl are the most uncivilized homosapiens on the planet. they only get along well with whites, and only whites they can co-exist with. i say kiss my monkey ass to all dem big ears thin lip hairy savages.

you really ent helping ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 30, 2008, 03:15:32 AM »

Aye, just cool!  Yuh want some ketchup for that large chip on yuh shoulder?
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 30, 2008, 04:37:06 AM »
Been to football in Spain, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Germany, Scotland, Portugal and England. Of them, the only place that I did not experience any racist chanting (at least that I could hear) was in Portugal and that was probably because of the three games i saw there only about ah 1/4 of the players on the pitch was white. The worst was in Croatia where almost the whole stadium give these two african players abuse and missile whole game then the group I was with get attack outside ah bar post game....luckily Croatian cyah fight without gun.

Totally agree with Bake n Shark, England are doing more than most in Europe to combat not just racism but violence at football so I have to say England has every right to complain. Now I see what some posters mean about Goal.com and its articles.

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 30, 2008, 06:29:41 AM »

the irony here is, this has to be one of the most racist posts on this site.....congrats

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 30, 2008, 06:42:02 AM »

as yuh describing that all i could picture is prince charles.he like ah real monkey,bush kinda resemble one too.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 30, 2008, 07:02:34 AM »
I starting tuh realize that men on here does take Just Cool too serious yes, lol

Midknight's response was probably best.

Offline Pur_Trini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 30, 2008, 07:20:24 AM »

as yuh describing that all i could picture is prince charles.he like ah real monkey,bush kinda resemble one too.

Perceiving a resemblance is a subjective thing.  Many will probably agree with you - for my part, I never thought about it.  It's interesting though, that some time ago someone posted a pic of Jack Warner and son on this site, a forumite observed that he thought they looked like monkies, and the observation was widely unappreciated (and rightly so!).  I can't be bothered to search for the thread but were you by chance one of the detractors?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:17:11 AM by Pur_Trini »
.........and may God bless our Nation.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 30, 2008, 08:08:43 AM »

And your name is "just cool"?

Bakes is right- your radical (and sometimes inaccurate and baseless) posts are often not worth the energy...nevertheless:

The racist association of blacks & monkeys, I believe is more a knock on human progress, mental evolution/development and civilization, in addition to a geographic association of Monkeys with the African continent..... than it is a comment on mere physical resemblance (though it might be that as well)....

btw your post is very offensive.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:17:15 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 30, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »
JC
fellas might start to call ya UnJust Cool
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 30, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
in every race, religion ang country there are a few jackasses that gives everone a bad name it sucks but its the truth and racism is possible the hardest thing to top because when you charge a country's fa it not coming out of the racist supporters pocket
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 30, 2008, 10:46:57 AM »

Bakes is right- your radical (and sometimes inaccurate and baseless) posts are often not worth the energy...nevertheless:

The racist association of blacks & monkeys, I believe is more a knock on human progress, mental evolution/development and civilization, in addition to a geographic association of Monkeys with the African continent..... than it is a comment on mere physical resemblance (though it might be that as well)....

I've come to the conclusion that Just Cool has a very complicated view of white people that he himself hasn't quite figured out yet... at times he indicates (even in his personal life) that he has no issues with white people and have no problem treating people as individuals.  At other times he let's his own frustrations and emotions bubble over into vile and offensive anti-white rants.

Which is why I stopped taking him too serious.  Dunno if you remember just over a year ago when he posted something similar about white people... I took his post and made a parody of it, substituting black people for the whites in his... JDB and other men was up in arms calling me all kinda KKK and ting  :rotfl:  they completely missed the point I was making.  To this day I don't think JC himself got it.  Again, which is why I doh really take him too serious no more.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 30, 2008, 11:55:09 AM »
De stupidity of dat article is hurting my head. Goal.com should be banned from this message board.

- There is nothing racist about de Adebayor chant. Spurs (along with Arsenal) are probably the least racist clubs in Europe and have the second highest black attendances after Arsenal.

- Spurs nicknamed themselves the Yids (and they regularly chant it in the stands)

- The only valid points he had were the p*ki and Hitler chants...and neither of these examples mean that the English FA isnt correct to highlight racism, wherever it arises.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:04:04 PM by Ryan »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #524 on: September 30, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »
Which is why I stopped taking him too serious.  Dunno if you remember just over a year ago when he posted something similar about white people... I took his post and made a parody of it, substituting black people for the whites in his... JDB and other men was up in arms calling me all kinda KKK and ting  :rotfl:  they completely missed the point I was making.  To this day I don't think JC himself got it.  Again, which is why I doh really take him too serious no more.

Not to rehash the past but if you read my entire post you would see that I spent much more time refuting jus cool’s ridiculous assertions than I did responding to you. There would be no way to construe my post as support/ignorance of just cool while attacking your position. If you read the entire post you would see that we were actually making similar points, i.e. that just cool was talking shit.

Also what we all now understand was parody on your part was simply misinterpreted at the time. Very easy to do since I didn’t compare the structures to the two posts side by side. Read one (just cool’s) and scanned the other (yours). Remember that I don’t/didn’t know you from Adam and the only frame of reference I had for your comment at the time was a previous unashamed use of a racist term. Of course there was no opportunity to explain this mis-understanding at the time as the "dialogue" immediately descended into the usual profanities.

And yes I don't take on just cool either, makes no sense.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: September 30, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »
interesting article. yes, it's much easier to take the moral high road when it's another league's fan base causing the problems.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 30, 2008, 01:27:25 PM »

Not to rehash the past but if you read my entire post you would see that I spent much more time refuting jus cool’s ridiculous assertions than I did responding to you. There would be no way to construe my post as support/ignorance of just cool while attacking your position. If you read the entire post you would see that we were actually making similar points, i.e. that just cool was talking shit.

Also what we all now understand was parody on your part was simply misinterpreted at the time. Very easy to do since I didn’t compare the structures to the two posts side by side. Read one (just cool’s) and scanned the other (yours). Remember that I don’t/didn’t know you from Adam and the only frame of reference I had for your comment at the time was a previous unashamed use of a racist term. Of course there was no opportunity to explain this mis-understanding at the time as the "dialogue" immediately descended into the usual profanities.

And yes I don't take on just cool either, makes no sense.

Is no scenes... I just thought it shoulda been obvious what I was doing.  At any rate, like yuh say, not to rehash the past... my central point is that this is nothing new for Just Cool, I won't defend it, but I also know enough at this point not to take him too seriously... especially not when his own kids are half white.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 30, 2008, 02:00:09 PM »
- There is nothing racist about de Adebayor chant.

Maybe not, but would his father be washing elephants if he wasn't African ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 30, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »

Nope.

If he was from the caribbean, his dad would be climbing coconut trees.

If he was from australia, his dad would be chasing kangaroos.

I dont c d problem.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 30, 2008, 02:27:23 PM »

Nope.

I dont c d problem.

And if he was from England?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »

Nope.

I dont c d problem.

'African' itself is not a race... so I wouldn't equate that chant with racism, taking a dig at his birthland maybe.  Besides it have elephants not too far from me here  ;D

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »

I've come to the conclusion that Just Cool has a very complicated view of white people that he himself hasn't quite figured out yet... at times he indicates (even in his personal life) that he has no issues with white people and have no problem treating people as individuals.  At other times he let's his own frustrations and emotions bubble over into vile and offensive anti-white rants.

Do we as a people really understand that this racism thing is imbedded deeply into our blood line from birth!  Some people grew up like that and some are still ignorant to the fact that it is a disease infested hatred and its not right. But some continue with the hate. I'm black; but was thought that anyone lighter than me was beautiful or was to be held in a higher class or category etc etc. Even Indian people, I used to tap up Indian people in primary school or just hate Indians because they were called “coolie”. I had to switch my way of thinking because of becoming a believer in Christ.  People try to cover up racism, but it’s a plague in our society today. The only way one can be healed from such ignorant’s, is thru proper Education and Spirituality. That hatred started thru the slave trade by the Europeans to categorize slaves by “skin” color”
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »

Nope.

I dont c d problem.

Den dey wud haf 2 find something else to make fun of him  ::)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:15 PM »

Nope.

I dont c d problem.

His dad would be chugging his 10th pint, eating fish & chips and neglecting to brush his teeth.

There are cultural stereotypes from each part of the world, and unless they are (intentionally) insulting, we should learn to laugh at them, because truth is, many of them are actually funny...

Is there really anything wrong with washing an elephant?
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2008, 03:10:19 PM »
Nope.
I dont c d problem.
His dad would be chugging his 10th pint, eating fish & chips, being a Hooligan at Football Matches, and neglecting to brush his teeth.
There are cultural stereotypes from each part of the world, and unless they are (intentionally) insulting, we should learn to laugh at them, because truth is, many of them are actually funny...
Fixed ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2008, 03:13:10 PM »
Do we as a people really understand that this racism thing is imbedded deeply into our blood line from birth!  Some people grew up like that and some are still ignorant to the fact that it is a disease infested hatred and its not right. But some continue with the hate. I'm black; but was thought that anyone lighter than me was beautiful or was to be held in a higher class or category etc etc. Even Indian people, I used to tap up Indian people in primary school or just hate Indians because they were called “coolie”. I had to switch my way of thinking because of becoming a believer in Christ.  People try to cover up racism, but it’s a plague in our society today. The only way one can be healed from such ignorant’s, is thru proper Education and Spirituality. That hatred started thru the slave trade by the Europeans to categorize slaves by “skin” color”

true talk... it certainly runs deeper than many of us willing to acknowledge, and sometimes we have to dig deep inside to find the root to the problem within our own selves.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2008, 03:14:19 PM »

I know Jack and he friends from de three ring circus might take offense... :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »
it really is basic human nature to subjugate those around us who have no social power

just at the tip of my tongue fingers
the Caste and Feudal/Serfdom systems prove that
I guess the lightness or darkness of ones skin colour just gives some a "reason" to act the way they do
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:27:52 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2008, 03:52:04 PM »

Nope.

I dont c d problem.

'African' itself is not a race... so I wouldn't equate that chant with racism, taking a dig at his birthland maybe.  Besides it have elephants not too far from me here  ;D

I never said it was racist, and i purposely said African instead of Black.

I could however see why people (other than Adebayor of course) could find it offensive, and I'm not sure what the 'cultural' stereotype being propagated is in this case - that Africa is poor and underdevelopped and thus does not have cars that people can wash to make quick money? or that its people are more ecologically minded and tend to use means of natural transport that are more respectful of nature?

Which is why I asked what they would chant if he was English? I just want to know what I can say to someone that can be 'taking a dig' without being "anti-English" or offensive towards an entire continent.

I personally find that a simple sustained boo would suffice if one wants to single out one player for special treatment, but I suppose intelligence is not the first thing that one associates with the herd mentality among football fans.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2008, 03:57:09 PM »
...Which is why I asked what they would chant if he was English? I just want to know what I can say to someone that can be 'taking a dig' without being "anti-English" or offensive towards an entire continent.

I personally find that a simple sustained boo would suffice if one wants to single out one player for special treatment, but I suppose intelligence is not the first thing that one associates with the herd mentality among football fans.

English fans are just notorious for making up a chant about any and everything... that the chants aren't always PC is a known commodity, the author just trying real hard, and failing to make out a charge of racism against them.

1]; } ?>