April 19, 2024, 03:16:28 AM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 205168 times)

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just cool i never hail you out in my post. Yuh is ah imps or ah troll or wha?

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just cool i never hail you out in my post. Yuh is ah imps or ah troll or wha?

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI
The irony, imagine cussin ah man out and with the same breath blessing him, how interesting.    :thinking:

anyways, you and i had it out already bro, and yuh not the most rational fella on the site. it was about the same race issue and yuh tried tuh trivialize it the same way yuh doing now.

yuh even said to me that yuhs ah red man and not necessarily black and yuh live in england blah blah blah.  i just giving asylum ah heads up, that's all.          BTW, i don't forget easily fella.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 05:26:30 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is yuh problem soldier? I said yuh is ah imps or ah troll or wha. I never cuss yuh and bless yuh.
You is the one cussing me and calling me ah facking knuckle head

My signature is:

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Terry is a imps, and his footballing ability is dwindling with his reputation too... All this race talk is just distracting folks from the fact that the guy isn't really a good footballer anymore - This season he is a step behind and struggling...Chelsea and England should be a grooming a replacement. 

Rastafari you now come out of wha? Or yuh just lookin' fuh argument?  Yuh post real theoretical and generalizing hoss...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
What is wrong with a theoretical and generalized post?

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Well in the real world every situation/scenario is different...

e.g. How does the "some people only want to be black when it suits dem" apply to A. Ferdinand?   

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I see where you are coming from kicker. Anyway what i was trying to say is that Anton Ferdinand is a mixed race half black/half white fella and not really black.

I understand that if a fella feel he is black or white for that matter is up to him.

I can bet yuh if a black player call him a white so and so, he ain't go feel no way, trust me i does live in London and i understand dem fellas mentality.

Ian Wright call a Nigerian parking warden a monkey and the traffic warden call him a white man.
A lot of black people in foreign don't care about being black no more. Money is the new race. That means inheriting an inferiority complex with it.
Imagine that a black man calling another black man a monkey. This is the same Ian wright that diss Brent Sancho about his Dreadlocks when Peter Crouch pulled his locks in the world cup

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-491245/Ex-footballer-Ian-Wright-race-row-African-traffic-warden.html
Look the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPTwKhv4wGU

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Being called a white so & so eh de same ting...theoretically it is, but in reality it just isn't - That's why I say your post was too theoretical (and generalizing)...Because of the history of race, racism & social class dynamics and the effects that systemic, endemic and oppressive racism has had on certain racial groups, the historically marginalized races (e.g. blacks) receive derogatory comments about their skin color with a completely different degree of sensitivity and hurt compared to whites, who as a race have not been detrimentally subject to racial marginalization...I think that, as a generalization (with exceptions of course), is widely accepted and understood...Again denying it doh change what it is... That said, if a white person expressed feelings of hurt about being racially abused, who is me tuh tell him his feelings not justified?

Just like there's no perfectly acceptable logic to justify racism, the reactions to racism are on many levels also emotional, so yuh can't fully rationalize it like you're trying to do... and it hard tuh use one person's example to advocate or denounce someone else's situation, because like ah say.... everyone's situation and experience is different. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:48:06 AM by kicker »

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI

Well in the real world every situation/scenario is different...

e.g. How does the "some people only want to be black when it suits dem" apply to A. Ferdinand?   
I hear yuh kicker! Black people will always feel the effects of racism more than white people because of history and the way that black people have been treated and continue to be treated by the white man.

Bob Marley said ''until the colour of a man skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes me say war.''

What about black people like Ian Wright then. He was saying that not enough black managers are making it in the English game but then again he was being racist to a nigerian.

JAH BLESS
RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:18:06 AM by rastafari »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I dunno about Ian Wright - quite a bit of what I hear about that soldier doh really give me confidence in his character. 

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
Asylumseeker thanks for posting
Being called a white so & so eh de same ting...theoretically it is, but in reality it just isn't - That's why I say your post was too theoretical (and generalizing)...Because of the history of race, racism & social class dynamics and the effects that systemic, endemic and oppressive racism has had on certain racial groups, the historically marginalized races (e.g. blacks) receive derogatory comments about their skin color with a completely different degree of sensitivity and hurt compared to whites, who as a race have not been detrimentally subject to racial marginalization...I think that, as a generalization (with exceptions of course), is widely accepted and understood...Again denying it doh change what it is... That said, if a white person expressed feelings of hurt about being racially abused, who is me tuh tell him his feelings not justified?

Just like there's no perfectly acceptable logic to justify racism, the reactions to racism are on many levels also emotional, so yuh can't fully rationalize it like you're trying to do... and it hard tuh use one person's example to advocate or denounce someone else's situation, because like ah say.... everyone's situation and experience is different. 
Thanks for posting my thoughts!!!
tell them it was me

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:beermug: :thumbsup:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SEPP AND RACISM
« Reply #792 on: November 17, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »
Yes, Sepp Blatter is a clown... But he’s dangerous with it. Kick him out
By James Slack

Under his tenure, FIFA has proved itself impossibly corrupt and totally detached from the needs of the football-watching public.

How else do we view the decision to award the 2022 World Cup to Qatar, a strict Arab state where temperatures can reach 50 degrees Celsius in the summer months?

In his latest controversy, Blatter has decided to share with the world his views on racist abuse on the field of play (an issue of great public interest, given the on-going investigations into England captain John Terry and the Liverpool forward Luis Suarez).

Asked whether he thought racism on the pitch was a problem, Blatter told CNN World Sport: ‘I would deny it. There is no racism.

‘There is no racism [on the field], but maybe there is a word or gesture that is not correct.’

Later, after claiming his comments had been ‘misunderstood’, he carried on digging his hole.

‘There is maybe one of the players towards another - he has a word or a gesture which is not the correct one.

‘But the one who is affected by that, he should say 'this is a game'. We are in a game, and at the end of the game, we shake hands, and this can happen, because we have worked so hard against racism and discrimination.’

His logic - and I find it extremely hard to apply such a word to the nonsense he so regularly spouts - seems to be along the lines of: what happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch. Shake hands and get on with it.

This is a maxim which can arguably be applied to the physical aspects of the game (but, and I stress this at the earliest moment, those alone).

In my day, I was a less than cultured, somewhat old-fashioned centre-back. I pulled shirts, kicked ankles, stood on toes, made the first tackle count etc. Inevitably,  and deservedly, I got plenty of physical stick back. That sort of stuff does 'stay on the pitch'. I always shook hands at the end, and was never refused. When the whistle blew, all was done and dusted.

But the idea that Blatter should consider the trading of racist insults in the same way as the physical rough and tumble of the game is abhorrent and stupid beyond words.

Racism is not 'part of the game', or any other aspect of life for that matter, and giving even a hint that such behaviour is acceptable will only worsen a problem which, for all the dogged work of football's anti-racism campaigns, remains all too prevalent in some places.

Most importantly, what message is Blatter sending to spectators?

Do they argue: 'Yeah, we were hurling abuse, but we wouldn't do it outside the ground. We'd shake his hand. All part of the game. Didn't you hear the FIFA president say so?'

Some may be tempted to view Blatter as a buffoon. A man whose foot is never far from his mouth, and whose views are safely ignored.

But the fact is that he is the bureaucrat in charge of the biggest, best loved and most powerful sport in the world.

His demented ravings have the capacity to do great harm and should not be casually dismissed. Rather, the man himself should be removed from office - and fast.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SEPP AND RACISM
« Reply #793 on: November 17, 2011, 02:29:26 PM »
Good article, but Mr Slack - being a strict muslim state should not preclude you from hosting a World Cup.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
Putting this aside as the English are on their own personal anti-Blatter campaign in revenge for not getting 2022!

Right now Sepp is in my good books oui as he has some of them fellas in the TTFF worried about if their involvement in the Cash for Votes scandal will get them banned!
Camps resigned because of that worry and I would like to personally thank Sepp for that! :beermug:

Yuh have my support for now Sepp, keep up the witch hunt! :devil:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:40:00 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 17, 2011, 03:17:58 PM »
Right now Sepp is in my good books oui as he has some of them fellas in the TTFF worried about if their involvement in the Cash for Votes scandal will get them banned!
Camps resigned because of that worry and I would like to personally thank Sepp for that! :beermug:

Man, its only because JW put his support behind the wrong guy...Sepp don't care who is in TTFF or who was involved....
whey boy!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 17, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »

Man, its only because JW put his support behind the wrong guy...Sepp don't care who is in TTFF or who was involved....

Dat being said he still bust Jack throat so oh joy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 18, 2011, 11:23:10 AM »
Putting this aside as the English are on their own personal anti-Blatter campaign in revenge for not getting 2022!

That must be one of the saddest posts I have seen on this board.

Anybody that has anykind of feeling for the game can't want him anywhere near, the fact he has done something to your liking is exactly why he does things, to his own liking and benefit.  Maybe you will end up with someone as equally as bad because of Blatter.  He had umpteen opportunities to rid you of that particular nuisance and never did for his own reasons, so odes it make you feel better he helped the suffering last so long.  Aye Big Up to him.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 18, 2011, 12:01:43 PM »

Anybody that has anykind of feeling for the game can't want him anywhere near, the fact he has done something to your liking is exactly why he does things, to his own liking and benefit.  Maybe you will end up with someone as equally as bad because of Blatter.  He had umpteen opportunities to rid you of that particular nuisance and never did for his own reasons, so odes it make you feel better he helped the suffering last so long.  Aye Big Up to him.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

and now we have ah character called watson who by many account is as selfish, incompetent ah scoundrel himself............. so what is there really to celebrate .............that Ali Baba get replaced by a Lieutenant  steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 18, 2011, 12:02:02 PM »

Hey Kev don’t get me wrong, I said for NOW followed by a devil emotion!  :devil:

That is just a subtle way to say that I know Sepp is a Devil himself but is temporarily doing something that could help release T&T football from tyranny! You don't realise what we T&T football fans have had to endure from our football federation over the years!

Recently however we have been able to get rid of Jack Warner and more recently Jack's puppet Oliver Camps all due to the vengeance of Sepp!

If Sepp can continue his witch hunting of all Jack's buddies and influences in CONCACAF and in particular help get rid of folks in the TTFF who have helped to retard and suck T&T football dry over the years then he is unintentionally doing something that is beneficial to our football as I honestly thought we would have been stuck with some of these fellas in charge of our football until they died on the job!

The job is not yet over but at least some heads have fallen! Folks in T&T also have to do their bit via the clubs and the regional associations having the concern and care about our football to vote the rest of these T&T football bood-suckers out of office come the TTFF elections!

This does not mean that I think Sepp is an angel but for NOW he has indirectly helped T&T football as a result of his witch hunt on Jack’s buddies in an effort to APPEAR like he is trying to stamp out corruption in FIFA and for that I am thankful!

With Sepp I am fully aware of the devil I am dealing with but he has served a temporary positive role in this matter regards helping us to overhaul the TTFF from my prespective!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 12:40:48 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 18, 2011, 12:31:57 PM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

and now we have ah character called watson who by many account is as selfish, incompetent ah scoundrel himself............. so what is there really to celebrate .............that Ali Baba get replaced by a Lieutenant  steups

Nah Watson eh no LT he is a Private whose strings are being pulled by General Jack. D fact that I eh seeing D Tie Tounge Tief on meh tv chatting bout yday and 2day is a miniscule victory but i go live wit dat. Many hear taught dat Sancho etal would not have been successful but they have far exceeded all expectations of many here. So hopefully in our lifetimes we would c d end of Watson etal.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2011, 12:53:04 PM »

Hey Kev don’t get me wrong, I said for NOW followed by a devil emotion!  :devil:

That is just a subtle way to say that I know Sepp is a Devil himself but is temporarily doing something that could help release T&T football from tyranny! You don't realise what we T&T football fans have had to endure from our football federation over the years!

Recently however we have been able to get rid of Jack Warner and more recently Jack's puppet Oliver Camps all due to the vengeance of Sepp!

If Sepp can continue his witch hunting of all Jack's buddies and influences in CONCACAF and in particular help get rid of folks in the TTFF who have helped to retard and suck T&T football dry over the years then he is unintentionally doing something that is beneficial to our football as I honestly thought we would have been stuck with some of these fellas in charge of our football until they died on the job!

The job is not yet over but at least some heads have fallen! Folks in T&T also have to do their bit via the clubs and the regional associations having the concern and care about our football to vote the rest of these T&T football bood-suckers out of office come the TTFF elections!

This does not mean that I think Sepp is an angel but for NOW he has indirectly helped T&T football as a result of his witch hunt on Jack’s buddies in an effort to APPEAR like he is trying to stamp out corruption in FIFA and for that I am thankful!

With Sepp I am fully aware of the devil I am dealing with but he has served a temporary positive role in this matter regards helping us to overhaul the TTFF from my prespective!  :beermug:

Fair play I understood the sentiment, but disagreed with the shortsightedness.  God Forbid but he will equally be as adept as manoeuvring in someone that will do his bidding as seeking vegence and that my friend is what you should really be worrying about.  Because if he has anything to do with it, it won't be good for TnT.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »

Fair play I understood the sentiment, but disagreed with the shortsightedness.  God Forbid but he will equally be as adept as manoeuvring in someone that will do his bidding as seeking vegence and that my friend is what you should really be worrying about.  Because if he has anything to do with it, it won't be good for TnT.

Yes, I know! He would happily punish T&T football in revenge for Jack's lack of loyalty!

Hopefully our Regional Associations put new honourably people in place come the next TTFF elections!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 19, 2011, 06:44:58 AM »
I saw Beckham & Neil Warnock speaking about this issue. Warnock suggested that Blatter should have gone long ago and suggested that if every black player in the EPL and other top leagues all refuse to play on saturday unless Blatter resigns, that may be the only way to get rid of this fool.

Watvh out for Sepps next big strategy.....rapists should bake a cake for their victims to apologise.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 19, 2011, 07:14:30 AM »

Kev is absolutely right... it was a patently foolish way to state your point by "putting this issue aside" and palming it off as an English witch hunt against Blatter. The issue of racism in football is too important to be subsumed by yet another meaningless post on the current state of football in TnT.  There are a million other threads where that is being discussed.

That said... very good article by Mr. Slack.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 19, 2011, 07:16:06 AM »
I saw Beckham & Neil Warnock speaking about this issue. Warnock suggested that Blatter should have gone long ago and suggested that if every black player in the EPL and other top leagues all refuse to play on saturday unless Blatter resigns, that may be the only way to get rid of this fool.

Watvh out for Sepps next big strategy.....rapists should bake a cake for their victims to apologise.

Just saw the Warnock interview... he actually suggested that black players worldwide boycott international games (if it is that we want to get rid of Blatter). Extreme perhaps... but can't say that I disagree with it.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 19, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »

Just saw the Warnock interview... he actually suggested that black players worldwide boycott international games (if it is that we want to get rid of Blatter). Extreme perhaps... but can't say that I disagree with it.

Sorry, I knew it was something like that. Of course, the politically correct amongst us would spot the racism in Warnocks remarks....apparently, racism only applies to black people....no Asians etc? But this is a serious point, its very difficult these days to be non racist, even if you are. I'm sure Warnock doesn't believe its only black people who are targeted racially, but its easy to see how another group could be offended (even if only to attract attention to their cause.)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 19, 2011, 02:30:58 PM »
I was telling everyone Blatter was a twat back after the Henry incident in 2009 but people just ignored it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 19, 2011, 07:21:28 PM »
Sorry, I knew it was something like that. Of course, the politically correct amongst us would spot the racism in Warnocks remarks....apparently, racism only applies to black people....no Asians etc? But this is a serious point, its very difficult these days to be non racist, even if you are. I'm sure Warnock doesn't believe its only black people who are targeted racially, but its easy to see how another group could be offended (even if only to attract attention to their cause.)

Personally I see nothing wrong with his statements... blacks form the largest minority group in international football and by far are the ones most targeted by racism.  So, I understand Warnock's point, but agree he could have done better IF he really wanted to be politically correct.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fenwick says no racism in Pro League.
« Reply #809 on: November 24, 2011, 07:35:32 AM »
Fenwick says no racism in Pro League.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Former England international Terry Fenwick says he never had any major racism problems as head coach of San Juan Jabloteh in the T&T Pro League.

The league itself has never had cause to launch any campaigns to “kick racism out” with the majority of players and officials being of African origin with some players from South America while there are match officials of East Indian origin.

“Thank God I’m the only white guy in the Pro League so there’s not much reason for racial abuse,” Fenwick laughed. “But seriously, it was a bit tough in my early days as a coach but thankfully I’ve never had any major incidents on that level.

People would say what they have to and they would probably refer to you as white boy or white man but I don’t think it’s ever come across as racial abuse. I haven’t seen anything like this except for maybe once or twice in the twelve years I’ve been here. I don’t think Trinidadians are generally of that nature.”

As to whether he thinks the League should still launch campaigns similar to that of Kick Racism out of Football, Fenwick replied: “Well it could be a bit of a tricky situation.

I know that there are several match officials in the Pro league who are East Indians and we first need to decide whether we need to launch such a campaign as it relates to football or otherwise.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>