April 25, 2024, 01:08:49 PM

Author Topic: Racism in football Thread.  (Read 206705 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013/14 UEFA Champions League Thread
« Reply #1020 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
I'm surprised it took Man City this long to realize they can just attack Barca.
Sitting back was just wasting time.

Their approach at a man down was exactly how they should have started. I was shocked that they were so cautious at the start. Felt they got a hard time officiating wise.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 18, 2014, 04:10:42 PM »
I'm surprised it took Man City this long to realize they can just attack Barca.
Sitting back was just wasting time.

Their approach at a man down was exactly how they should have started. I was shocked that they were so cautious at the start. Felt they got a hard time officiating wise.

On the plus side, they don't have Demichelis for the return leg.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 18, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:17:11 PM by Bitter »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1023 on: February 18, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »
Demichelis. You are the weakest link... goodbye!

I think Clichy was weak too.

Man City give away that game, they give Barca to much respect and allowed them to settle and dictate and you never do that especially against a great team like Barca.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 18, 2014, 04:15:18 PM »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 18, 2014, 04:19:04 PM »
This man is something special with these goals oui!

I waiting for someone to tell to us that the keeper is partly to blame...  :P

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 18, 2014, 11:23:07 PM »
This man is something special with these goals oui!

I waiting for someone to tell to us that the keeper is partly to blame...  :P

Nah, that eh go happen, Zlatan qualify.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 18, 2014, 11:25:06 PM »
Okay, so I now see the Pk in the Man City game (missed it had to run out). That is clearly not a PK. That is a free kick.  Ref was very wrong.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 18, 2014, 11:56:57 PM »
Zlatan is just prolific, maybe the purest finisher in the game right now!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 19, 2014, 04:50:58 AM »
Okay, so I now see the Pk in the Man City game (missed it had to run out). That is clearly not a PK. That is a free kick.  Ref was very wrong.

i think it was a pk..plus in real time you can see why the ref called it. gotta look at where contact was made resulting in the trip and not so much demichelis' slide..if persons wanna call this a wrong call i dont think this warrants the controversy it seems to be getting

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 19, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »

i think it was a pk..plus in real time you can see why the ref called it. gotta look at where contact was made resulting in the trip and not so much demichelis' slide..if persons wanna call this a wrong call i dont think this warrants the controversy it seems to be getting

The trip was outside the box, that's where contact was made.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 11, 2014, 02:35:22 PM »
Milan struggling to put it together. Only because iz Clarence ah empathetic.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 11, 2014, 03:00:56 PM »
Podolski v Lahm. Gotta love it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 11, 2014, 03:30:27 PM »
Diego Costa's departure from AM is practically sure.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 11, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
That's justice!!! Fire bun Arjen Robben.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 11, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »
Arsenal is like an egg, fragile and yellow.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 12, 2014, 04:22:47 AM »
Arsenal is like an egg, fragile and yellow.

;D ;D ;D ;D not nice ;D ;D ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 12, 2014, 02:40:26 PM »
Don't like City strategy so far in this games. The tactics are ok, but the strategy needs to be tweaked a bit. They can win this game if they play their game.......and sub Milner.

Yaya is just quality.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 12, 2014, 03:54:53 PM »
The underlords stuck their hands into this game.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 21, 2014, 06:52:10 AM »
Quarter Final Draw

Barcelona v Atlético Madrid
Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund
PSG v Chelsea
ManU v Bayern  :devil:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 21, 2014, 07:28:17 AM »
If Bayern beat we 8-0 and 6-0...we might finally get rid of Moyes...

If we getting licks anyway...let it be by a big margin...... :praying:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 21, 2014, 08:11:31 AM »
doh sleep on atletico at all!! i want them win somthin this year before other clubs pick off thier players during the summer...
think psg will take it...dont kno y ppl think its sure chelsea...
bayern manu...well nothin more needs to be said...i think bayern can even pay for manu trip to germany..
real just steam rolling everything and dortmund very shaky dis season compared to last

atletico
psg
bayern
real

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 21, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
Europe awaits draw for best-ever Champions League quarter-final

Friday’s draw for the quarter-finals of the Champions League is remarkable for several reasons.
For one, it is the first time that an out-of-sorts Manchester United are rated as the least likely side to progress from this stage, with bookmakers offering both them and Borussia Dortmund as joint odds-on favourites to go out at the next stage.

That makes sense as, in addition to being far from convincing over two legs, they are the only two teams not still challenging for their domestic league title – even though Dortmund are second in the Bundesliga, they are so far behind Bayern Munich that, well, there’s almost no point.
Technically, however, United are the second-worst team left in the draw, despite being well short of the Premier League top four. The Euro Club Index – which uses complex mathematical formulae to factor in recent history, strength of opposition in domestic matches and European form to even out blips in results – shows that Dortmund are actually the lowest-ranked side remaining.
An interesting fact from our friends at Opta highlights why, even when they are poor, you just can't write off United:

But even then, this piece of data is quite unusual in that Dortmund are ranked 11th, meaning that these quarter-finals are pretty much the cream of the crop –Manchester City, Arsenal and Juventus are the only top-10 sides missing from the draw.

How one views Manchester United with respect to Dortmund – whether based on algorithms or opinion – is irrelevant though, there are several undeniable facts that make this draw the best-ever in the Champions League:

1. This is the first time in the Champions League’s current format that all eight group winners have reached the last eight

Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United all won groups of varying difficulty.
The given order is no accident – that is the ranking bookmaker William Hill has for the likelihood of outright victory.
Personally, I would promote Real Madrid and Chelsea by one place, but that would be splitting hairs. The best teams in the competition – regardless of domestic form – are here when it counts.

How about that for an example of the cream rising to the top?

2. Six of the eight are former or reigning European champions

Bayern won last year’s Champions League, Chelsea the year before, Barca the year before that. United last won it in 2008, Real in 2002 and Dortmund in 1997.
PSG and Atletico are yet to be champions of Europe, but the French side won the Cup Winners’ Cup in 1996, while Atleti have won two Europa Leagues, a Cup Winners’ Cup, a Super Cup and were runners-up in the old European Cup in 1974.
That is what you would call exalted company. And, if recent progress is anything to go by, don't bet against PSG and Atletico joining them in the near future.

3. Six of Europe’s richest seven are present

This is not necessarily a good thing for the game on a wider level, but Manchester City are the only absentee from the top seven clubs by revenue.
As you can see from the image below, Deloitte’s estimations on football’s riches are based on last season’s data. With the extra TV and sponsorship money made available to Premier League sides – and PSG’s boost in income from reaching the latter stages of this tournament – expect those figures to be significantly higher next time out.
Massive props go to Atletico though, a mostly selling club whose presence in the top 20 is arguably only due to the revenue they gather from flogging the likes of Radamel Falcao and, this summer, probably Diego Costa.
Although if they go on to win the thing, that could suddenly change.

4. The top nine players in world football will, in theory, feature

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real), Lionel Messi (Barca), Franck Ribery (Bayern), Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PSG), Neymar (Barca), Andres Iniesta (Barca), Robin van Persie (United), Arjen Robben (Bayern) and Gareth Bale (Real) are all, injury permitting, set to start the first legs.
That is the FIFA Ballon d’Or top nine, in order. Juve’s failure to escape the group stage means Andrea Pirlo is the only top-10 player missing from the quarters.
Of the top 20, Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund), Xavi (Barca), Bastian Schweinsteiger, Philipp Lahm, Thomas Mueller (all Bayern), and Edinson Cavani (PSG) will also be there, with only Pirlo, Falcao, Yaya Toure, Mesut Ozil and Luis Suarez absent.
So that means 15 of the world’s top 20 players are all going to be mixing it in the last eight.

5. It’s not just we fans and pundits who are excited

Bayern Munich midfielder Toni Kroos, who has of course been linked with a move to fellow quarter-finalists Manchester United – cannot wait. And neither can we.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #1043 on: March 22, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »
Zlatan Ibrahimovic's expert analysis of the Champions League quarterfinal draw
By Brooks Peck [Dirty Tackle]
March 21, 2014.

Luis Figo has dyed his hair and picked the balls out of the pot. Now there are Champions League quarterfinals for me to analyze. I am Zlatan. I am the wind. I am also the Champions League quarterfinal Zlexpert. And a maker of wooden toys that are far too dangerous for most children.

This is the first time all eight group-stage winners have reached this point. It is also the first time I have wanted this to happen. I'm not saying I am an all-powerful controller of time and space, but yes, that is exactly what I am. Now let's Zlanalyze these matches.

Barcelona v Atletico Madrid

Zlatan Zlays: This is not an easy draw for Barca. Which means several Atletico players will be sent off to help Barca advance. Diego Costa has probably been shown a red card already for being taller than Xavi.

Prediction: Barcelona will win and Atletico will play the final minutes of the second leg with only their third-choice goalkeeper and a ham sandwich wrapped in an old Fernando Torres shirt.

Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund

Zlatan Zlays: These two teams met in the group stage and semifinals last season, with Dortmund coming out on top. This time, Dortmund must play the first leg without Robert Lewandowski and several other key players who are injured. Surely Jurgen Klopp now wishes I was not joking when I offered to join Dortmund for free even more than he did before. But the only thing I do for free is offer Zlatraditional style decorating tips.

Prediction: Cristiano Ronaldo will score goals, Pepe will kick someone in the armpit and Carlo Ancelotti will employ all the Zlactics he learned from me at PSG to advance.

PSG v Chelsea

Zlatan Zlays: Normally, I do not care who falls into my path of destruction, but this I will not enjoy. As a fellow leader in the Coalition Against Pep, Jose Mourinho has become a great friend of mine. I do not want to crush him, but there is no other way. The only good that will come of this is that after I win, Jose will have more time to work on our coalition's internal newsletter: The Pep Guardiola Smells Like Fertilizer and Herpes Gazette.

Prediction: Sadness.

Manchester United v Bayern Munich

Zlatan Zlays: Of course, Pep gets to face the zombie shell of Manchester United. Bayern do not need anymore advantages than they already have. This is good, though. It ensures they will remain in the competition so that I will have the opportunity to do the impossible and eliminate Pep and Bayern myself. Enjoy beating up on lost man-puppy David Moyes because I am lurking around the Zlorner, Pep. And the only redecorating tips I have are for your face.

Prediction: A leisurely stroll towards possible Zlannihilation.

Hairbun punch!

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 01, 2014, 02:40:09 PM »
SMH ... the ref should get an assist :devil:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 01, 2014, 02:44:15 PM »
Did anyone just watch that mess?

That officiating was terrible. I think it's time refs start getting fined and let it be known publicly. This ref was a joke for a CL game.

What about Man United tactics or lack there of. I swear I was watching a US college team play. Put your fastest player up top and then just launch it forward and let him chase it. Players worth millions of dollars and that's what they put out there? I can alreafy see England not even being a factor in this WC.

I really like Bayern's set up in trying to score. About 3 or 4 time they rehearsed until they got that goal. Absolute class.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 01, 2014, 02:46:15 PM »
Barcelona 1 - 1 Atlético
Neymar 71       Diego 56

Man. United 1 - 1 Bayern
Vidić 58             Schweinsteiger 67

Saw the Man Utd game live, terrible officiating but it worked to Man Utd's advantage so don't think they will complain but Bayern will deal with Man Utd easily back in Germany in the return game.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 02:49:01 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 01, 2014, 02:55:59 PM »
Did anyone just watch that mess?

That officiating was terrible. I think it's time refs start getting fined and let it be known publicly. This ref was a joke for a CL game.

What about Man United tactics or lack there of. I swear I was watching a US college team play. Put your fastest player up top and then just launch it forward and let him chase it. Players worth millions of dollars and that's what they put out there? I can alreafy see England not even being a factor in this WC.

I really like Bayern's set up in trying to score. About 3 or 4 time they rehearsed until they got that goal. Absolute class.

Talk about parking the bus. Bayern had 70% of the ball at Old Trafford.
Cyah see how Valencia get away from a card for that reckless stamp, but Schweinsteiger get a 2nd yellow in the 89th minute.
 Mpyes's antiquated  tactics worked for this game.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 01, 2014, 03:38:23 PM »

um how did it work.......they have it all to do...........bayern have d advantage with d away goal
I pity the fool....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 01, 2014, 03:46:18 PM »

um how did it work.......they have it all to do...........bayern have d advantage with d away goal

He ent go get fired! Respectable result. Great success!!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

1]; } ?>