April 28, 2024, 11:47:58 PM

Author Topic: Anthony Bahadur considering his T&T options.  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Anthony Bahadur considering his T&T options.
« on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:40 AM »
Anthony Bahadur considering his T&T options.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Canadian-born Anthony Bahadur, who has been with the Canadian U23s has also gone on record stating that if Stephen Hart does not call him to the current Canada senior team then he will consider playing for T&T, home country of his father.

The senior team meantime, in the midst of preparations for the 2012 Caribbean Cup, received an invitation to play Colombia on October 16. That would definitely be a much welcomed encounter for the “Soca Warriors.”

The next few months will prove to be crucial to T&T’s attempts to get its football house in order as it makes bold steps to shake off the disappointments of an early 2014 exit.

That aside, national trainer Gilbert Bateau deserves credit for persisting over the years with sons Sean and Sheldon, both ex-national youth team players with the latter bringing joy to the family when he completed his move to Belgium a week ago.

Bateau has worked tirelessly with several youth players in the last decade. I share with you Gilbert’s note to his son:

“Sheldon congratulations. I said when you leave Trinidad don’t look back. Follow your dreams. This is what you wanted and with God’s help and your hard work you got it.

This journey has just started. I’ve been told by almost everybody the strides you have made over the years as if I didn’t know and I said I did not think I should tell you just yet because the time wasn’t right.

I think now is the right time to tell you how proud I am as a father to watch you come through the years,” Bateau wrote in a note to his son on the day he signed the contract in Belgium.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anthony Bahadur considering his T&T options.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 03:56:58 AM »
i'm hoping this dude is a defender , preferably a full back, that's where we lack the most.

PS: just checked him out and yet again "another" striker, that position is definitely over filled, what we need is full backs, real bad.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:05:05 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 05:50:41 AM »
Good job gilley
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 06:17:21 AM »
I hope these guys have their heads screwed on right. We don't know where TTFF will be as time goes on. If they want to walk thru the desert to the promise land, feel free.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 06:29:06 AM »
i'm hoping this dude is a defender , preferably a full back, that's where we lack the most.

PS: just checked him out and yet again "another" striker, that position is definitely over filled, what we need is full backs, real bad.
??? I don't think any position is overfilled at this time...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 06:43:01 AM »
Is this fella doing his chances any good by giving SH an ultimatum? In all honesty, holding team TandT as your thump card is ah joke oui.

If you're good enough, the coach will make the call. At least that's the way I hope it works. Good luck.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 10:14:31 AM »

filled with who????
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>