March 28, 2024, 12:04:09 PM

Author Topic: Toyota Classic Thread  (Read 51082 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Toyota Classic Thread.
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »
But that doh mean is any reason to jump here bad mouthing ppl, disrespecting forum and carry on so. It's just wrong, and reflective of present day..yuh don't know, yuh want to know, so yuh go get to find out by cussing up the ppl and place, yuh want to find out from...that make sense ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2013, 11:22:36 AM »
If that article is true, then YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
But that doh mean is any reason to jump here bad mouthing ppl, disrespecting forum and carry on so. It's just wrong, and reflective of present day..yuh don't know, yuh want to know, so yuh go get to find out by cussing up the ppl and place, yuh want to find out from...that make sense ?
    :thumbsup: What beats me he said nothing to the Guardian/Proleague who are the ones that had to do the updating,the forum is in the same position that he is in,we depend on the Media for updates,as far as he knows he is still correct.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2013, 01:57:24 PM »
Encouraging
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2013, 07:12:50 PM »
Just as I thought.

Ask a football question as in my previous thread relating to midfielders from the last four teams that made it to the  semifinals of the Toyota Classic and I get no response. Say something otherwise and you jumping ugly.

Un-f@#king-believe-able.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 07:14:51 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2013, 08:45:46 PM »
Club Sando 0 -2 W.Connection
                    Arcia 11', Williams 79'

Attendance : (I guess) 2,000

W scored early with a cracking 20 yard shot from Arcia and looked majestic for 30 mins. They kind of relaxed a bit a showed Sando a slight ray of hope.
Sando started strongly in the 2nd half and the second 45 was a lot more even though you always felt that W could up a gear. Quite an enjoyable game with one or two little incidents between players as you would expect in a final. Sando clearly have some decent players and had several chances to equalise.
However, another beautiful distance shot from Williams around 80 mins put the game beyond reach, though Sando still pushed forward valiantly.
Tons of support for Sando, but from the media area, I didn't hear any for W except the goals, which were both spectacular and I imagine even the Sando fans applauded.

W looked very very good for large parts of the first half - great composure, movement and passing.

Sando need to scrape together some cash and join the ProLeague.

Strange W.Connection banner reading One Dream, One Sport, One Country with several flags from other nations such as Brazil & St Lucia. Not sure I understand the contradiction there!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 03:46:03 AM by Football supporter »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
Thanks for the update F.S.

I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2013, 07:32:50 AM »
W makes Connection with Toyota Classic trophy again.
ttproleague.com.

…but on the backdrop sounds of Sando

DIRECTV W Connection are the Toyota Classic champions for a third time in tournament’s nine-year history.

On Saturday forward Hashim Arcia scored one and set up another as Connection held off Super League leaders Club Sando 2-0 in the Final of the 2013 Toyota Classic to be crowned proud champions.

But that didn’t silence the chanting of hundreds of Sando supporters – many of which were clad in supporter’s jerseys – that made the journey to the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

“Sando! Sando! Sando!” they cheered nonstop. And there was no stopping the loyal Sando supporters even as the curtains came down.

“I give (my players) real credit,” said Club Sando head coach Anthony Streete proudly, despite losing the Final.

“I’m going to the dressing room now and really applaud them, because to reach (the Final), we became the first Super League team to reach the Toyota Classic [Final] and that’s a proud moment for me and the supporters.”

Last weekend Sando became the first ever Super League outfit to reach the Final of the Classic, by defeating Defence Force 3-2 in the semi-final round, while Connection ousted Guaya United 3-0.

“I give all credit to all the supporters,” continued Streete. “I thank them for sticking behind the team, and I ask them to continue.”

Arcia netted his third goal of the tournament to hand Connection a 1-0 lead in as early as the 11th minute after he collected a Neil Benjamin Jr. pass on the right and sent a perfect strike into goalkeeper Andre Marchan's far netting.

The lanky forward, who sent a strike just wide of the upright three minutes into the match, also played the pass to second half substitute Jomal Williams for Connection’s second item in the 79th minute.

Jomal, who replaced Colombian midfielder Yefer Lozano in the 66th minute, executed a superb strike from 24 yards out to beat former club-mate, goalkeeper Marchan in the upper corner for a 2-0 Connection cushion.

“A lot of people had the strange thought that a Super League team can beat us(W Connection), so we put our feet on the ground and went for (the victory),” said Arcia.

Connection head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier also thought it was important to prove that the Super League wasn’t better than the Pro League, although many of Club Sando’s players and even its coach, Streete, are all former members of the professional league.

“It was important for us to win for many reasons,” said Fevrier who led Connection to the inaugural Toyota Classic title in 2005 and again in 2011. “Today we had to defend professional football as well. To me that was an important reason. We won because we were the only professional team left in the competition and we felt that the onus was on us to defend local professional football.”

Three minutes after the Arcia item, Connection had a great opportunity to find the back of the net again, however Joevin Jones disappointingly guided Benjamin’s cross high and wide with Marchan at his mercy within the six yard area.

Benjamin had an opening himself after making a steal in the 29th minute but curled his intended effort towards the far post, too high.

Former W Connection player Kern Cupid was very ambitious for Sando in the 20th minute with a strike overbar from 22 yards out. And from a similar position in the 34th minute Ryan Fredericks also struck overbar as Sando looked for the equaliser.

Sando had a decent buildup on a counterattack in the 39th minute but lost their patience by the final third and only won themselves a wide effort from 26 yards out by Devon Modeste.

The former St. Ann’s Rangers attacker then won his side a free-kick in the 42nd minute but Kemuel Rivers' take was also wide of the Connection goal.

In the 45th minute Rivers, another former Connection player, dribbled his way into the area and squared a cross which was inches to high for the liking of Modeste inside the six yard area as Sando again failed to find the back of the net.

Two minutes inside the second period Sando were unlucky in front of goal after Connection goalkeeper Julani Archibald spilled Cupid's cross which was headed up by defender Russell. Teba Mc Knight, another former Connection player, hooked the spilled ball across the area to find teammate Kerron Smith who wasted just wide of the far upright.

Mc Knight was limited in a match dominated by the presence of Connection skipper and defensive midfielder Gerard Williams, who was by far the MVP of the Final. Even Arcia was overlooked for the award.

Instead it was Sando’s Cupid that members of the tournament sponsor – Toyota Trinidad and Tobago – selected as their MVP of the Final.

But the humble St. Kitts/Nevis international was simply elated to lead Connection to the title as captain.

“This isn’t my first (title with W Connection,” said G. Williams. “But it’s my first (title) as captain. So I feel great tonight.

“I was motivated for the game. I wanted to win the trophy for the team as captain for the first time. I’m thankful that we played as a team and we deserve it in the end.

“Sometimes it is difficult being captain, but with the responsibilities, you have to just work had and try your best so everybody can look up to you and see you as a better leader,” ended the 25 year-old.

W Connection survived an indirect free-kick two yards inside the area in the 63rd minute and in the 74th minute needed brilliant save out of Archibald to deny Rivers from a free-kick just outside the area.

Connection later doubled their advantage, but were lucky not to concede in the 86th minute thanks to back-to-back saves by Archibald.

First the St. Kitts/Nevis international goalie kept out a Rivers’ strike, then the follow-up header by Mc Knight before the second rebound was hit just wide of the far upper corner by former Connection midfielder Devon Drayton.

And in the 90th minute Cupid’s strike from distance earned him applause after it swooshed just wide of the far upright.

It was the total opposite reaction from the Sando fans towards referee Neil Brizan though. The official, who once stopped the match for fan-interruption was booed by angry Sando fans.

Nevertheless an entertaining tournament and Final prevailed.

“I think the game was a good game,” admitted Streete. “W Connection showed their experience and dominance in the football. I told my players before the match to just go out and enjoy themselves and have a good game because we did good to reach (the Final).

We reached (the Final) and yes we wanted to win but we knew we were coming up against a good team, a better team in the sense of maturity. But I think my players stood up to the task and gave a good performance.”

It was business for Connection however.

“The most important thing from our standpoint was to win the game … to get the result. We had all the hard work in the other games, and today was the day to crown ourselves champions.

Results

Club Sando 0 – 2 W Connection
Hashim Arcia 11', Jomal Williams 79’

Teams

Club Sando—1. Andre Marchan, 11. Teba McKnight (capt.), 4. Anthony Parris, 5. Devon Drayton (Yellow Card), 6. Kemuel Rivers (Yellow Card), 8. Kerron Smith (9. Jesse Downing 77th), 13. Kern Cupid, 19. Ryan Fredericks, 20. Dwayne Charles, 22. Corneal Thomas, 24. Devon Modeste (Yellow Card)

Unused substitutes—33. Alexei Julian (GK), 10. Andy London, 21. Randy Britto, 18. Andre Phillip, 25. Odelle Armstrong

Coach—Anthony Streete

W Connection—18. Jelani Archibald, 3. Gerard Williams (capt.), 15. Mekeil Williams, 10. Joevin Jones, 14. Hashim Arcia, 7. Silvio Spann (6. Celio Da Silva Santos 83rd), 19. Leslie Joel Russell, 24. Joao Ananias Jordao Jr., 27. Yefer Lozano (40. Jomal Williams 66th), 65. Neil Benjamin Jr. (29. Mickaeel Gem Gordon 74th) 2. Kurt Frederick (Yellow Card)

Unused substitutes—22. Aquelius Sylvester (GK), 25. Christian Viveros, 39. Alvin Jones, 28. Jhon Stiven Reyes Lopez

Coach—Stuart Charles Fevrier

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2013, 07:59:20 AM »
Interesting that Club Sando team players - Andre Marchan, Teba McKnight, Anthony Parris, Devon Drayton, Kemuel Rivers, Kerron Smith, Kern Cupid, Randy Britto and Odelle Armstrong were all W Connection players.

I liked W Connection but they have disappoint me in the CCL for two years and I kind of leave them out now, still like them over - Army, Cali, Police and Rangers, but that's about it. Connection looked hidious in the CCL, they played 70's style football.

I really wanted Club Sando to win. They did really well to reach the finals and they brought fans to see football again, Guaya United also. They bring life to the Pro League now its back to stale football with no set fixtures.

Sando did well also considering the size and depth of W Connection side. Connection had 5 foreigners on their team and Sando still held their own.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2013, 08:11:06 AM »
Interesting that Club Sando team players - Andre Marchan, Teba McKnight, Anthony Parris, Devon Drayton, Kemuel Rivers, Kerron Smith, Kern Cupid, Randy Britto and Odelle Armstrong were all W Connection players.

I liked W Connection but they have disappoint me in the CCL for two years and I kind of leave them out now, still like them over - Army, Cali, Police and Rangers, but that's about it. Connection looked hidious in the CCL, they played 70's style football.

I really wanted Club Sando to win. They did really well to reach the finals and they brought fans to see football again, Guaya United also. They bring life to the Pro League now its back to stale football with no set fixtures.

Sando did well also considering the size and depth of W Connection side. Connection had 5 foreigners on their team and Sando still held their own.

Just so you know, Sando, any supporters can go and watch Pro League. You don't need special permission! As for set fixtures, you guys managed with the changing schedules in the Toyota!

Don't get me wrong, Super League is a very good standard. In fact it is now mirroring many overseas pyramids. The top 10 teams in the Championship are on a par with the bottom 5 or 6 EPL teams. Sando & Guaya could compete successfully in the Pro League.

But to make both leagues stronger, people need to attend games regularly. If the Pro League can average 1,000 plus attendances, things will start to improve.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Arcia sizzles as Connection beats Club Sando to Classic crown
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2013, 11:56:19 AM »
Connection beats Club Sando to Classic crown
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Club Sando’s 2013 Toyota Classic fairytale run ended last night at the final rung of the competition in the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. And at the final whistle, DIRECTV W Connection players were celebrating a 2-0 win that did not flatter the Pro League team.

Connection makes a habit of snatching silverware. Before last night, the “Savonetta Boys” had managed 19 major cup crowns in its 14 year history to go with four League titles and three Charity Shields.

In contrast, Sando, the leading outfit in the second tier Super League competition, has never won a major national title. And, after ousting Pro League clubs Police FC, Caledonia AIA and Defence Force in the earlier rounds, Sando found Connection to be a hurdle too much.

“(Connection) settled from the first whistle because they are a seasoned team while we came in the game late in both halves,” Sando coach Anthony Streete told Wired868. “I was comfortable with how my team played and I told them I was proud of them.”

Sando trains three days a week from 7 pm, so as to give its players the chance to shake off the pressures of their regular 8-to-4 jobs before they report for training. At Connection, football is the only profession and the team routinely checks into a hotel on the eve of important games like last night’s final.

Connection played the Super League’s top four clubs en route to the Classic cup and the results, four wins with 11 goals scored and just one conceded, told its own story.

“On the night, our professionalism and the professional nature of our team and our players is what gave us the result,” said Connection coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier. “I am happy we defended the professional league well.”

Connection wasted little time in asserting itself last night.

The game was just 11 minutes old when Hasim Arcia put the Pro League team ahead with a strike of commendable technique, power and ambition.

Connection’s teenaged attacker Neil Benjamin and Colombian Yefer Lozano exchanged passes before the ball was played wide to Arcia, who was just outside the right hand side of the Sando penalty box. Sando left back Kemuel Rivers was slow to apply pressure and Arcia took full advantage with one touch to settle the ball before unleashing a stinging drive that arrowed itself into the far corner.

It was an impressive encore after Arcia’s emphatic first-time finish in Connection’s semi-final win over Guaya United last weekend.

“Hashim is one of the players at the club who has improved the most over the years,” said Fevrier, who credited his attacker’s sound tactical awareness. “I am hoping he will be able to get back on to the (Trinidad and Tobago) national team because he is a very useful player with a great attitude.”

Sando almost conjured up an equaliser late in the first half but Rivers, a former Connection left back, crossed the ball a foot too high for Devon Modeste. The first period ended on a flashpoint as Sando defensive midfield Devon Drayton, who had already been booked, was dragged away from the Connection box by his teammates after he took exception to an unseen incident during a corner kick.

Referee Neal Brizan sensibly allowed the flash of emotion to pass without more than a stern warning. Drayton, like Rivers, seven other Sando starters and coach Streete, was a former Connection employee with more than a bit to prove.

Brizan might have some explaining to do with regards to his decision in the 62nd minute though when he whistled for an infringement inside the Connection penalty area.

No one was sure as to what happened but Sando captain Teba McKnight was on the ground and Brizan ruled that a foul had been committed. But, oddly, the referee gave Sando an indirect free kick rather than a penalty; and Sando defender Coneal Thomas could not get his shot past Connection captain and spiky midfielder Gerard Williams.

The Super League club was making a game out of it by now, though.

Streete opted to start the match with his most creative midfielder Ryan Fredericks on the left flank in an effort to find him room away from the dogged Williams. But Sando’s attacking impetus improved noticeably when Fredericks shifted back into the centre with McKnight upfront and Kerron Smith and Modeste on either flank.

Sando came closer still to an equaliser in the 72nd minute as defender Joel Russell tripped Fredericks on top of the Connection 18-yard-box. But Kittian international goalkeeper Julani Archibald did well to tip Rivers’ free kick over the bar.

Seven minutes later, Connection substitute Jomal “Bebo” Williams put the game beyond Sando’s reach with an emphatic drive into the top left hand corner after a pass from Arcia.

And Archibald denied Sando a consolation item with flying saves to deny Rivers and Modeste in the 85th minute.

“We had some chances but I will give the Connection keeper credit because he did a fantastic job,” said Streete. “(For us) to reach this far by beating three Pro League teams was a great achievement for my team.”

Fevrier gave credit to Sando too and suggested that the Toyota Classic runner-up club and Super League outfit Guaya United were good enough for the Pro League.

“I was very impressed with the performance of the Super League teams this year,” said Fevrier. “Although Sando lost to us, they lost with respect. I hope two of the four (Super League) teams at least can join the Pro League.

“I think Guaya and Sando have demonstrated that they can play (at this level).”

Guaya will get another chance to advance its case for promotion on Wednesday when the south east Trinidad club hosts Connection in the TTFA FA Trophy quarterfinals.

In the meantime, Connection owner David John Williams will have to find room in the trophy cabinet for his club’s 20th major cup title, which is a record in Trinidad and Tobago’s Pro League era.

(Teams)

W Connection (4-2-1-3): 18.Julani Archibald (GK); 24.Joao Ananias, 19.Joel Russell, 15.Mekeil Williams, 2.Kurt Frederick; 3.Gerard Williams, 7.Silvio Spann (6.Celio Da Silva 82); 10.Joevin Jones; 65.Neil Benjamin (29.Jem Gordon 74), 14.Hashim Arcia, 27.Yefer Lozano (40.Jomal Williams 65).

Unused substitutes: 22.Aquelius Sylvester (GK), 25.Christian Ocoro Viveros, 28.Yhon Lopez, 39.Alvin Jones.

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

Club Sando (4-2-3-1): 1.Andre Marchan (GK); 13.Kern Cupid, 22.Coneal Thomas, 20.Dwayne Charles, 6.Kemuel Rivers; 4.Anthony Parris, 5.Devon Drayton; 24.Devon Modeste, 11.Teba McKnight (captain), 19.Ryan Fredericks; 8.Kerron Smith (9.Jesse Downing 76).

Unused substitutes: 33.Alexei Julien (GK), 10.Andy London, 12.Nigel Daniel, 21.Randy Britto, 18.Andre Phillip, 26.Ryan Dipsingh.

Coach: Anthony Streete

Referee: Neal Brizan

Toyota Classic final (Sat Nov 30)

W Connection 2 (Hashim Arcia 11, Jomal Williams 79), Club Sando 0 at Couva

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 03:13:26 AM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arcia sizzles as Connection beats Club Sando to Classic crown
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2013, 01:32:30 PM »
"Arcia Sizzles..." yet I had to wait until the 8th paragraph to even know who Arcia is, let alone get an account of his exploits.  Very poor article construction.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2013, 07:02:38 PM »
"Arcia Sizzles..." yet I had to wait until the 8th paragraph to even know who Arcia is, let alone get an account of his exploits.  Very poor article construction.
So bloody true,I was never good at writing,but I feel I could do better.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »
This was the story headline: "Connection beats Club Sando to Classic crown..."
Whenever you guys are ready to write some brilliant sport reports, just let me know :beermug:

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wired868 selects a Toyota Classic All-Star team
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »
Thanks guys. Bear in mind those are the players I felt performed well in this tournament but not necessarily the best players who were involved.
Kevin Jagdeosingh was almost in my squad. I like him. He plays on the right flank and can cross the ball really well and he is a composed finisher. Not really dazzling on the ball or anything. But a solid player.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 01, 2013, 07:34:17 PM »
Nice work Lasana, appreciate the report and you are constant with it.

Much better reports from you than any T&T dailies.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 01, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »
Whenever you guys are ready to write some brilliant sport reports, just let me know :beermug:

Why would we let you know?  That presumes that you write "some brilliant sport reports."  Just accept the criticism in stride.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2013, 08:58:58 AM »
Fevrier said he thought it was important to defend the pro league against a super league team and that is commendable of him but it makes me wonder. What was his thinking going into the CCL? His defense of the pro league against foreign teams far and wide was abysmal. They will get another chance it looks like, let's see what happens then.

I wanted Guaya to play Connection in the final but you don't always get what you want. Anyways, good game Connection. Congrats.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2013, 09:05:21 AM »
Bakes, the story headline does not mention Arcia. Arcia was mentioned on the thread but not the headline. So how can I take the criticism on board? Frico says he feels he can do better as a writer. So I'm saying if ever he wants to try he should let me know.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2013, 09:06:19 AM »
Thanks Sando :beermug:

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2013, 12:20:13 PM »
Fevrier said he thought it was important to defend the pro league against a super league team and that is commendable of him but it makes me wonder. What was his thinking going into the CCL? His defense of the pro league against foreign teams far and wide was abysmal. They will get another chance it looks like, let's see what happens then.

I wanted Guaya to play Connection in the final but you don't always get what you want. Anyways, good game Connection. Congrats.

Guaya vs Connection in the F.A. Trophy on Weds will be interesting. After all the rain here, playing the ball on the ground won't be an option. It will be a real old fashioned cup tie with giant killers on the prowl. Unfortunately, the same can be said for Palo Seco vs Central!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2013, 12:58:25 PM »
Come on SWF.. Yuh doh hear how ppl here does criticize footballers too. Bout how they ent good, and cyah do nuttin, Coaches still not going to dress them or send them tickets to no game. You wha put pen in critic hand.   :devil:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2013, 01:55:03 PM »
Bakes, the story headline does not mention Arcia. Arcia was mentioned on the thread but not the headline. So how can I take the criticism on board? Frico says he feels he can do better as a writer. So I'm saying if ever he wants to try he should let me know.

Point noted that Arcia wasn't mentioned in the story headline itself... but you did create the thread topic heading, right?  Therein lies the confusion. Only reason I even clicked on the thread was because the name is unique and I had never before heard of the footballer.  So imagine my chagrin then when I came in expecting to learn more of him/his exploits and I had to wade thru 8 paragraphs before I finally found a reference.  So don't think this is me just nitpicking for the sake of.  But I will withdraw my comment about the article construction.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »

Why would we let you know?  That presumes that you write "some brilliant sport reports."  Just accept the criticism in stride.

6! :rotfl:

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »
Guys you're being pretty harsh here - T&T need sports writers to come through without biases and links to names unsaid, and this guy has a good track record. You need to check your attitude and be more polite, he's still a human being with feelings.

Also you've not heard of Arcia? I'm on the other side of the Atlantic and he's been on my radar since I first heard of the TT Pro 2 years ago...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2013, 02:23:58 PM »
I felt exactly how Bakes felt,having to read 8 paragraphs before the name Arcia appeared on the report.I,like Bakes,also wanted to know a little more about the player because of the name,I had never heard of him before.I felt deprived of information of a player whose name triggered my imagination.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
Guys you're being pretty harsh here - T&T need sports writers to come through without biases and links to names unsaid, and this guy has a good track record. You need to check your attitude and be more polite, he's still a human being with feelings.

Also you've not heard of Arcia? I'm on the other side of the Atlantic and he's been on my radar since I first heard of the TT Pro 2 years ago...

Hoss is only 2 people tell de man sumting it eh no biggie.  Every man jack who is ah member open to get some lix every now and then, Double L could handle heself doh worry). I cah pretend as if I wasn't puzzled by the name but not seeing it aswell (especially since I didn't click the link).

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »

Don't be an ass... Lasana is  grown man who has faced greater criticism than this before.  Save all that shit talk about "attitude" and "human being with feelings" talk for somewhere where it belongs.  I have praised the writer copiously in the past and I have critiqued him in equal measure.  None of this is personal so save de violins and dramatics fuh elsewhere. And kudos to you for having heard of Arcia before... yuh cookie on the way.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2013, 03:29:39 PM »
everytime Liverpool get it eh...  ;)

nice one doh... "cookie'   :rotfl:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »

Guaya vs Connection in the F.A. Trophy on Weds will be interesting. After all the rain here, playing the ball on the ground won't be an option. It will be a real old fashioned cup tie with giant killers on the prowl. Unfortunately, the same can be said for Palo Seco vs Central!!

Wait. So, both teams will be playing on a field that is water logged, with poor drainage. There's a possibility that that game could be cancelled as well. I thought jackarse say he developed football in the Caribbean. Shouldn't all football fields in the Caribbean, including community recreation grounds, be equipped with proper drainage systems as well as fifa standard playing surfaces for the purpose of bringing the game to the underlying communities and peoples interested in enrolling their kid(s) in a football program for the purpose of developing the game, elevating families out of poverty, steering kids away from a life of crime and all the other ills of society. At the end of the day the kids are the future of the game. wtmc!!!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 03:37:38 PM by King Deese »

1]; } ?>