March 28, 2024, 02:01:39 AM

Author Topic: Toyota Classic Thread  (Read 51074 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Toyota Classic Thread.
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2013, 04:34:38 PM »
Fevrier said he thought it was important to defend the pro league against a super league team and that is commendable of him but it makes me wonder. What was his thinking going into the CCL? His defense of the pro league against foreign teams far and wide was abysmal. They will get another chance it looks like, let's see what happens then.

I wanted Guaya to play Connection in the final but you don't always get what you want. Anyways, good game Connection. Congrats.

Guaya vs Connection in the F.A. Trophy on Weds will be interesting. After all the rain here, playing the ball on the ground won't be an option. It will be a real old fashioned cup tie with giant killers on the prowl. Unfortunately, the same can be said for Palo Seco vs Central!!

Wait. So, both teams will be playing on a field that is water logged, with poor drainage. There's a possibility that that game could be cancelled as well. I thought jackarse say he developed football in the Caribbean. Shouldn't all football fields in the Caribbean, including community recreation grounds, be equipped with proper drainage systems as well as fifa standard playing surfaces for the purpose of bringing the game to the underlying communities and peoples interested in enrolling their kid(s) in a football program for the purpose of developing the game, elevating families out of poverty, steering kids away from a life of crime and all the other ills of society. At the end of the day the kids are the future of the game. wtmc!!!!

KD, I think that was the purpose of the millions gained from the WC hosting and the FIFA development funds, but I believe the man in charge thought the money would be better spent by funding the People's Partnership and then his own political party!!

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Arcia sizzles as Connection beats Club Sando to Classic crown
« Reply #241 on: December 02, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »
Lol. I can handle the criticism man. No worries. Frico and Bakes, like you two like to speed read my articles man... Problem is that I do write long pieces. So put your feet up next time :beermug:
I experiment with my work and I won't please everyone. Sorry you two had to wait for me to get into Arcia. But bear with me if you can. He is a good player and developing nicely although he isn't a kid anymore.
You will get more first hand appraisals on local players at Wired868 than any other local news source. But everyone has his own delivery and I have mine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Ah speed read this one  :D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Toyota Classic Thread.
« Reply #243 on: December 05, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
PRELIMINARY ROUND: Caledonia vs St. Ann’s Rangers
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hsUpfy0VCSE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hsUpfy0VCSE</a>

PRELIMINARY ROUND: Defence Force vs Phoenix FC
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TZnyIL68XuA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TZnyIL68XuA</a>

QUARTERFINAL: Caledonia vs Club Sando
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ihHQIh_GJCs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ihHQIh_GJCs</a>

QUARTERFINAL: W-Connection vs Malabar
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S3FoErIm7Ro" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S3FoErIm7Ro</a>

SEMIFINAL: Guaya United vs W-Connection
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/NRGGtHUYvdw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/NRGGtHUYvdw</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 05, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
Guys you're being pretty harsh here - T&T need sports writers to come through without biases and links to names unsaid, and this guy has a good track record. You need to check your attitude and be more polite, he's still a human being with feelings.

Also you've not heard of Arcia? I'm on the other side of the Atlantic and he's been on my radar since I first heard of the TT Pro 2 years ago...

Don't be an ass... Lasana is  grown man who has faced greater criticism than this before.  Save all that shit talk about "attitude" and "human being with feelings" talk for somewhere where it belongs.  I have praised the writer copiously in the past and I have critiqued him in equal measure.  None of this is personal so save de violins and dramatics fuh elsewhere. And kudos to you for having heard of Arcia before... yuh cookie on the way.

There are nicer ways to go about it, no need to get arsey.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2013, 10:21:16 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GZN3WAPKHm4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GZN3WAPKHm4</a>

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #246 on: December 07, 2013, 12:23:00 PM »
Football in slow motion.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2014 Toyota Classic Thread.
« Reply #247 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:59 PM »
W Connection to start Toyota Classic defence against Stern John's WASA.
ttproleague.com.

Defending champions and three-time winners W Connection will begin defence of the Toyota Classic against Super League outfit WASA FC – a team equipped with ex-Trinidad and Tobago forward and all-time top scorer, Stern John.

John, scorer of 70 international goals in 115 caps for T&T, is also the 8th highest international goal scorer according to the list of top international association football goal scorers by country, behind such players as Miroslav Klose (Germany), Pelé (Brazil), Kunishige Kamamoto (Japan), Ferenc Puskás (Hungary) and Ali Daei (Iran).

John, T&T's second most capped player behind Angus Eve, is also the all-time top CONCACAF (national team) goal scorer.

The 38-year-old John, who played for a number of high-profile English clubs including Bristol City, Nottingham Forest, Birmingham City, Sunderland, Southhamton, Conventry City and Derby County, is still remembered today as one of the most prolific forwards of the Major League Soccer, for his goal scoring feats during his time (1998-1999) at Columbus Crew.

“He (John) is a great player and a player I always looked up to with his goal scoring ability and so on,” said W Connection forward Jamal Clarence. “But I don't think he is going to be a problem for us. We have some top defenders in our team.”

W Connection, Toyota Classic winners in 2005, 2011 and 2013, will meet WASA FC from 8 p.m. at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Saturday 22 November in the preliminary round as determined by a draw conducted during the official launch on Tuesday morning at Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited's (South) Showroom in San Fernando.

“We are well prepared as a team [to defend our title],” continued the 25-year-old Clarence, a former T&T Under 20 and Under 23 standout and member of the T&T squad at the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cup in Egypt.

“We aren't taking any team for granted. As a team we have been thought not to be too cocky but most of the guys would be pretty much confident. WASA aren't the top team in Trinidad and Tobago but we are not underestimating them.”

The Toyota Classic, a unique tournament which pools the Pro League clubs (San Juan Jabloteh, Central FC, Police FC, Caledonia AIA, Defence Force, North East Stars, W Connection, Point Fortin Civic and St. Ann's Rangers) against the best of the National Super League (Club Sando, WASA FC, Petrotrin Palo Seco, Guaya United, La Horquetta SA, 1976 Phoenix FC and Defence Force), will begin on Friday 21 November and culminate with the Final on December 12.

The Toyota Classic 2014 champions will receive $50,000 and $20,000 to the runners-up, while the Top Goal Scorer and Coach of the tournament will each receive $1,000 and $1,500 to the Most Valuable Player overall.

The action will commence at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday when recently crowned First Citizens Cup champions, Central FC, tackle Super League outfit and Toyota Classic debutants, La Horquetta SA, from 6 p.m., followed by last season's 2-0 defeated finalists and present Super League leaders, Club Sando, against former winners North East Stars from 8 p.m. at the Couva venue.

The preliminary round action will continue over the weekend with present Pro League leaders, San Juan Jabloteh, against Super League's Tobago outfit, 1976 Phoenix FC, from 6 p.m. at the Marvin Lee Stadium, followed by tournament debuting Petrotrin Palo Seco of the Super League against Defence Force of the Pro League from 8 p.m. at the same venue.

Also on Saturday Caledonia AIA will welcome Defence Force's Super League outfit from 6 p.m. at the Ato Boldon Stadium prior to the 8 p.m. clash between W Connection and WASA.

On Sunday, St. Ann's Rangers will travel to the Mahaica Oval against Point Fortin Civic from 3 p.m., in the only all-Pro League preliminary round clash, while Police FC will welcome Guaya United from 4 p.m. at the St. James Barracks ground.

“We hope that the next three weeks fills our hearts with delightful football," said Sean Shaffie, Marketing Manager of Toyota Trinidad and Tobago Limited, in his opening remarks during Tuesday's launch.

Shaffie said it's interesting times in T&T football, with the national women's team fighting to qualify for the World Cup 2015 and the men's senior team doing well by qualifying for the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and hopefully the 2016 Copa America.

He added, "For this reason it is important that the Pro League administrators are equipped with the necessary tools to take T&T football to the very top and reach its potential. It is [the] reason that Toyota has instilled confidence with Dexter Skeene (TT Pro League CEO) and his dedicated staff to get us there.

"It is very hard work and many times it feels like not much is being accomplished. [But] it is during times like these we must stay the course with faith that glory days in T&T football is ahead. We have confidence that it will be achieved."

TT Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene praised the "immeasurable" support of Toyota for supporting the vision and mission of the League during the launch, as well as the ongoing support of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) - administrators of the National Super League, the Super League clubs, and the recent support of the Secondary Schools League.

Skeene said, "The Brand values of Toyota and the TT Pro League are similar. Competitions such as the Toyota Classic have a vital role to play. The Toyota Classic has always been a critical part of the Pro League calendar. In addition to being a unique tournament, which encompasses the Super League clubs, it provides a gauge as to the development of the clubs as well as offering the opportunity for synergies and development of the working relationship between the League and the TTFA.

"I wish to also thank Toyota for the Herculean effort which they have displayed over the past years in providing the Pro League Player of the Year with a Yaris vehicle. We are still having discussions with a view to continuing this noteworthy aspect of rewarding our top achiever/player with a prize, which shows that we value our players highly, and which sends the message that their efforts are held in high esteem and that they receive an honour which does justice not only to the title, but to the profession of football. Maybe one day a Toyota Prado."

This season’s Toyota Classic will also boast a new feature, where each club in the competition will choose a secondary schools’ team within their community; and for the Final, the two secondary schools’ teams that were selected by the finalists will face off against each other in the first game of the Final.

Anticipating a highly energised and unpredictable tournament, Skeene said, "It takes several key factors to create a sustainable professional football league, one of which is a competitive competition in which the result is not predictable. [...] if you view the results thus far [in the Pro League], the 2014-15 season have been very unpredictable and the games have been evenly matched with exciting contests producing different outcomes. No one is sacred and everyone has the potential to create a result in their favour."

Toyota Classic 2014 Preliminary Round

Friday 21 November
Ato Boldon Stadium

Central FC vs La Horquetta SA—6 pm

Club Sando vs North East Stars—8 pm

Saturday 22 November
Marvin Lee Stadium

San Juan Jabloteh vs 1976 Phoenix FC—4 pm

Petrotrin Palo Seco vs Defence Force (Pro League)—6 pm

Ato Boldon Stadium

Caledonia AIA vs Defence Force (Super League)—6 pm

WASA FC vs W Connection—8 pm

Sunday 23 November
St. James Barracks

Police FC vs Guaya United--4 pm

Mahaica Oval

St. Ann's Rangers vs Point Fortin Civic--3 pm

Quarter Final Round

Friday 28 November

Saturday 29 November

Semi Final Round

Friday 5 December

Final

Friday 12 December

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Toyota Classic Thread.
« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »
Stern John for WASA mash up W Connection.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2014, 05:10:15 PM »
Any scores?
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2014, 04:41:56 AM »
D/Force maul Phoenix 6-0 in Toyota Classic but title holders W Connection beaten on kicks.
ttproleague.com.

With the exception of defending champions W Connection, the prowess of Defence Force, San Juan Jabloteh and Caledonia AIA were beyond their Super League opponents when the 2014 Toyota Classic got on the way on Saturday with the preliminary round.

Defence Force, the biggest winners of them all, trashed Petrotrin Palo Seco 6-0 in the second match of a double header at the Marvin Lee Stadium following San Juan Jabloteh's, also comfortable, 4-0 win over 1976 FC Phoenix at the Macoya venue.

Devorn Jorsling bagged a hat-trick for Defence Force, netting in the 30th, 45th and 69th minutes, while teammates Kerry Joseph, Jemel Sebro and Darryl Trim added one each in the 53rd, 77th and 81st minutes respectively to send Palo Seco packing.

Defence Force's Super League outfit also felt the brunt of the Pro League, falling 3-0 against Caledonia, in the first match of a double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

And the scoreline could have been richer had Dominican forward Julian Wade put away just a couple of his chances, one of which he shockingly hit wide of an open net in the 16th minute.

Nathan Lewis, who was denied by the upright once on either half and even had a strike cleared off the line by Super League's Defence Force's Dwight Scott in the second period, broke the soldiers in the 32nd minute for a 1-0 advantage by blasting his strike past goalkeeper Dillon Prince.

It was not until the 76th minute that Caledonia got to its second item for a 2-0 cushion with Pernell Schultz, who earlier struck the crossbar, deservingly the scorer.

Substitute Kyle Adams then sealed the 3-0 win in the 82nd minute to send Caledonia through to the quarterfinals.

Simultaneously at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Caledonia's crosstown Pro League rivals and present Digicel Pro League leaders San Juan Jabloteh were also celebrating a Super League scalp in that of Tobago's 1976 FC Phoenix.

The Tobagonians trailed 1-0 from as early as the 17th minute when Simon Nedd scored an own goal by knocking in a Brendon Boucaud rebound which crashed off the crossbar.

Jabloteh followed-up with a first half double by Troy Moses, netting in the 31st and 40th minutes, for a comfortable 3-0 lead before the break.

In the 60th minute Jabloteh failed to improve the advantage when it seemed that the San Juan club’s Tobagonian forward Andell Noray felt a bit of sympathy for his former club when he struck the crossbar from the penalty spot.

But teammate Johan Peltier showed to mercy by making it 4-0 on the 69th minute to complete the scoring.

The Pro League, however, had one loss on the night, after 2005, 2011 and 2013 Toyota Classic winners W Connection fell 4-3 on kicks from the penalty mark against Super League leaders WASA FC following a 1-1 draw.

Trinidad and Tobago's all-time national team top scorer and 2006 World Cup forward Stern John, a 74th minute substitute for WASA,  grabbed the glory when he scored the winning kick against a side that really booted themselves out of the tournament.

Connection's Hashim Arcia sent his kick on the third onto the crossbar and on the fourth teammate Neil Benjamin Jr. skied his hit over bar as the finishing problem that marred the Pro League team’s regulation time performance continued.

Connection had taken an early 1-0 lead in the 7th minute of play when right full-back Alvin Jones smashed in a right-footer past a fully spread goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel.

But despite dominating on chances Connection failed to find the back of the net again after ninety minutes plus stoppage time and had only themselves to blame.

Jones got close to a second in the 37th minute when his powerful free kick took a deflection to fly inches wide of Samuel's goal.

And before that teammates Tremain Shayn Paul and Akeem Garcia were also just wide of the target.

Connection also lost the advantage early inside the second period when former Trinidad and Tobago international Gary Glasgow pulled WASA level, 1-1, in the 49th minute with a delicate finish from the top of the six yard area.

Three minutes later WASA thought they had the lead when Mario Kissoon found the back of the net on a second bite from close up.

However referee Neal Brizan disallowed the goal and awarded Connection a free-kick, ruling that goalkeeper Julani Archibald was fouled in the process.

Kissoon was later replaced by Stern John with just sixteen minutes left and on his first involvement, seconds onto the pitch, the former Major League Soccer (MLS) star and England-based forward had an attempt at goal, hitting just wide from distance. But that was it for his involvement until stepping up for the winning hit on kicks from the penalty spot.

As for the Stuart Charles-Fevrier coached-Connection, sporting a new kit – arguably the best looking uniforms ever to be worn in Trinidad - failed to execute on the night..

Paul troubled the back support of the netting in the 67th minute when his effort from distance flew inches wide of the target.

Substitute Jerrel Britto also sent an effort inches wide of the target in the 81st minute and four minutes later Samuel was forced into a low save to deny Paul.

But the most disappointing misses came in stoppage time when substitute forward Keon Boucher struck high over bar from close up after Samuel blocked out a stinger of a free-kick by Jones, and then at the death Britto also spilled over bar with the goal at his mercy after making contact to a low cross from the right by Jones. In the end Connection paid the price of exit.

The preliminary round will continue on Sunday 23 November when St. Ann’s Rangers travel to the Mahaica Oval against Point Fortin Civic from 3 pm in the only Pro League tie of the round, while Police FC will welcome last season’s semi-finalists Guaya United of the Super League from 4 pm at the St. James Barracks.

Due to unforeseen conditions at the Ato Boldon Stadium following heavy rainfall, last Friday’s preliminary round clashes between recently crowned First Citizens Cup champions Central FC against Super League outfit and Toyota Classic debutants La Horquetta SA; and last season’s defeated finalists Club Sando against former winners North East Stars will be contested next weekend.

Toyota Classic 2014 Saturday’s Preliminary Round

San Juan Jabloteh 4 (Simon Nedd own goal 17', Troy Moses 31', 40') vs 1976 FC Phoenix 0

Petrotrin Palo Seco 0 vs Defence Force (Pro League) 6 (Devorn Jorsling 30', 45'+, 69', Kerry Joseph 53', Jemel Sebro 77', Darryl Trim 81')

Caledonia AIA 3 (Nathan Lewis 32', Pernell Schultz 76', Kyle Adams 82') vs Defence Force (Super League) 0

WASA FC 1 (Gary Glasgow 49') vs W Connection 1 (Alvin Jones 7')

Yesterday

Pt Fortin Civic 3 (Marcus Joseph 37', Andre Toussaint 58', Andrei Pacheco 62') vs St Ann’s Rangers 0

Kicks from the penalty mark

W Connection   3                WASA FC 4
Alvin Jones (scored)            Gary Glasgow (scored)
Mekeil Williams (scored)       Dorean Daniel (scored)
Hashim Arcia (crossbar)       Glen Walker (over bar)
Neil Benjamin Jr. (over bar)  Ethan Robinson (Scored)
Gerard Williams (scored)      Stern John (scored)

Teams

Caledonia AIA: 33. Zane Coker, 21. Densill Theobald, 2. Taylor Benjamin, 8. Keron Bethelmy, 10. Hayden Tinto (4. Conrad Smith 71st), 12. Kareem Joseph, 13. Julian Wade (15. Franz Husbands 71st) (31. Kyle Adams 77th), 16. Pierre Hitner, 22. Jameel Neptune, 27. Nathan Lewis, 28. Pernell Schultz

Unused substitutes: 1. Shemel Louison (GK), 9. Keyon Edwards, 14. Keon Russell, 31. Kyle Adams, 32. Kyle Bartholomew

Assistant Coach: Jerry Moe

Defence Force (Super League): 27. Dillon Prince, 8. Christopher Durity (C), 4. Keron Bruno (Ronald St Louis 67th), 6. Kevon Blackman, 9. Michael Edwards,14. Dwight Scott, 15. Tevin Eve (26. Khalid Crichlow 83rd), 16. Dexter Thornhill, 19. Javon Neptune, 20. Brandon Fountain (Jamil Bailey 66th), 22. Jamaal Goodridge

Unused substitutes: 40. Justice Morris (GK), 3. Jamal Maughn, 28. Christian Baptiste, 47. Aaron Lester

Coach: Kelshall Alexander

Teams

WASA FC: 34. Glenroy Samuel, 2. Damien Pompey (21. Dominic Hutchinson 72nd), 5. Akil Harley, 8. Kevon Henry, 15. Cleveland Cambridge, 20. Dillon Peterson (18. Dorian Daniel 80th), 22. Justin Garcia, 23. Gary Glasgow, 26. Glen Walker, 28. Ethan Robinson, 6. Mario Kissoon (25. Stern John 74th)

Unused substitutes: 1. Michael Woods (GK), 9. Kareem Freitas, 10. Jahham Hernandez, 18. Dorian Daniel, 19. Duran Felician

Coach: Marvin Faustin

W Connection: 18. Julani Archibald, 3. Gerard Williams (C), 2. Kurt Frederick, 5. Mekeil Williams, 10. Yefer Steven Lozano (Jerrel Britto 64th), 11. Tremain Shayn Paul, 14. Hashim Arcia, 26. Maurice Ford, 29. Akeem Garcia (23. Keon Boucher 68th), 39. Alvin Jones, 65. Neil Benjamin Jr.

Unused substitutes: 12. Jerrel Britto, 13. Devaughn Elliot, Anselm Jackson, 19. Leslie Joel Russell, 22. Aquelius Sylvester (GK), 23. Keon Boucher, 36. Triston Hodge

Coach: Stuart Charles Fevrier.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:44:57 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2014, 02:58:18 AM »
Point Fortin oust Rangers from Toyota Classic
T&T Newsday Reports.

POINT FORTIN Civic advanced to the quarter-final round of the Toyota Classic competition on Sunday after a convincing 3-0 victory over St Ann’s Rangers, in their first round battle at the Mahaica Oval, Point Fortin.

This game was the only clash, featuring Pro League teams, in the first round.

A trio of former national midfielders found the back of the net for the hosts, with Marcus Joseph breaking the deadlock in the 37th minute, followed by second half strikes from Andre Toussaint (59th) and Andrei Pacheco (63rd).

Also on Sunday, Police earned a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Guaya United at the Police Barracks in St James.

Beville Joseph put Guaya ahead after 11 minutes but Elijah Belgrave equalised for the hosts on the half-hour mark, and Jibri McDavid notched the winner in the 68th.

The shock result of the first round occurred at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Saturday evening, with 2013 winners W Connection sent packing by WASA FC.

Defender Alvin Jones put Connection in front in the seventh minute but ex-national midfielder/striker Gary Glasgow knotted up the scores in the 50th. The scores were 1-1 at the end of regulation time and kicks from the penalty spot were required to determine the winner.

Glasgow, Dorean Daniel, Ethan Robinson and the evergreen Stern John converted their kicks for WASA, while Jones, Mekeil Williams and Gerrard Williams replied for Connection.

In the shootout, WASA’s third “kicker” Glen Walker sent his effort high while, for the Connection outfit, Hashim Arcia struck the uprights and Neil Benjamin’s kick was overbar.

The earlier game at Couva on Saturday resulted in a comfortable 3-0 win for Caledonia AIA over Defence Force’s Super League team, with strikes from Nathan Lewis (32nd), Pernell Schultz (76th) and Kyle Adams (82nd).

There was better luck for the Defence Force’s Pro League squad, as they hammered Petrotrin Palo Seco 6-0 in the second of back-to-back games at the Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya.

Former international striker Devorn Jorsling registered a hat-trick, scoring in the 30th, 45th and 69th, while Kerry Joseph (53rd), Glynn Franklyn (77th) and Daryl Trim (81st) added one apiece.

Earlier at Macoya, Troy Moses scored twice (31st and 40th), while there were other contributions via a Simon Nedd own goal (17th) and Johann Peltier (69th).

Friday’s scheduled quarter-final at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, featuring Central FC against La Horquetta SA, and last year’s runners-up Club Sando against North East Stars, did not take place due to unsafe conditions, following a heavy downpour.

Those pair of matches will take place on November 28, at a venue to be determined.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:08 AM »
Guerra doubles up for Central FC
T&T Express Reports.

Coming off the bench, Trinidad and Tobago international Atuallah Guerra scored twice to add some gloss to a tame Central FC performance, as the Sharks saw off Super League La Horquetta SA 3-0 at the Ato Boldon Stadium on the way to a semi-final spot in the 2014 Toyota Classic knockout football competition.

Guerra’s goals added a little polish to an otherwise stale “Sharks” performance, although Central FC comfortably kept the lead once Keion Goodridge’s shot kissed off the far upright to put them ahead in the 19th minute. Central head coach Zoran Vranes did not field his “A” squad, although regulars Jason Marcano, Leston Paul, Sean De Silva, Darren Mitchell and goalie Jan-Michael Williams all started.

Briefly, La Horquetta threatened to pull level with a spell of pressure in the first quarter of the second half, when their attacking midfielder Taje Commissiong stood out. Meanwhile, Guerra was given the final half hour to make an impact, and did.

The T&T international team gave Central a 2-0 advantage in the 76th minute with a low shot past goalkeeper Sean Marshall, capitalising on the defender’s failure to routinely intercept Quian Grosvenor’s low pass across the penalty box. Guerra’s powerful 86th minute free-kick then made it 3-0, putting the result befond doubt.

League leaders Central and Sando move in Toyota Classic quarter finals.
ttproleague.com.

Leaders of their respective leagues, Central FC (Digicel Pro League) and Club Sando (National Super League) completed the quarter final round match-ups of the 2014 Toyota Classic by ousting La Horquetta SA and North East Stars respectively on Friday night.

Central, against La Horquetta in the first match of a rescheduled preliminary round double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium, defeated the Super League outfit 3-0.

Defender Keion Goodridge opened the scoring in the 19th minute for the “Couva Sharks” before a late double by Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Ataullah Guerra, scoring in the 76th and 84th minutes, completed the job for the Zoran Vranes coached Pro League leaders.

In the second of the double header, another Couva based team, the Anthony Streete coached-Club Sando, celebrated its place into the quarter final round.

Jack Weedon’s late goal in the 87th minute separated Sando – last season’s 2-0 defeated finalists against W Connection – from former winners North East Stars.

Sando will next face San Juan Jabloteh, a former club of both Streete and Weedon, from 8 pm on Monday 1 December at the Ato Boldon Stadium to wrap up the quarter final round following a 6 pm clash between Central FC and Point Fortin Civic.

The quarter final round kicks off today (Saturday 29 November) with Police FC against Defence Force from 3 pm at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium and Caledonia AIA against WASA FC from the same time at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Toyota Classic 2014 Preliminary Round Results

San Juan Jabloteh 4 (Simon Nedd own goal 17', Troy Moses 31', 40') vs 1976 FC Phoenix 0

Petrotrin Palo Seco 0 vs Defence Force (Pro League) 6 (Devorn Jorsling 30', 45'+, 69', Kerry Joseph 53', Jemel Sebro 77', Darryl Trim 81')

Caledonia AIA 3 (Nathan Lewis 32', Pernell Schultz 76', Kyle Adams 82') vs Defence Force (Super League) 0

WASA FC 1 (Gary Glasgow 49') vs W Connection 1 (Alvin Jones 7')

W Connection   3                WASA FC 4
Alvin Jones (scored)            Gary Glasgow (scored)
Mekeil Williams (scored)       Dorean Daniel (scored)
Hashim Arcia (crossbar)       Glen Walker (over bar)
Neil Benjamin Jr. (over bar)  Ethan Robinson (Scored)
Gerard Williams (scored)      Stern John (scored)

St. Ann's Rangers 0 vs Point Fortin Civic 3 (Marcus Joseph 37', Andre Toussaint 59', Andrei Pacheco 63')

Police FC 2 (Elijah Belgrave 30', Jibri Mc David 68') vs Guaya United 1 (Beville Joseph 11')

Central FC 3 (Keion Goodridge 19’, Ataullah Guerra 76’, 84’) vs La Horquetta SA 0

Club Sando 1 (Jack Weedon 87’) vs North East Stars 0

Upcoming Quarter Final Round Matches

Saturday 29 November

Police FC vs Defence Force—3 pm, Manny Ramjohn Stadium

Caledonia AIA vs WASA FC—3 pm, Larry Gomes Stadium

Monday 1 December

Central FC vs Point Fortin Civic—6 pm, Ato Boldon Stadium

San Juan Jabloteh vs Club Sando—8 pm, Ato Boldon Stadium

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:51:06 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:51 AM »
Club Sando take another scalp
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Even North East Stars coach Angus Eve could find no argument to deny that Club Sando deserved their place in the 2014 Toyota Classic semi-finals.

Super League leaders Club Sando scored a 1-0 victory over Stars at Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday night, continuing their giant-killing in the tournament, which saw them defeat three Pro League teams in the 2013 competition, before losing 2-0 to Pro League champions W Connection in the final.

Jack Weedon put in a superbly-taken free-kick in the dying stages to win the match. Goalkeeper Cleon John seemed to be anticipating free-kick specialist Nigel Daniel putting the ball to his left. Instead, Weedon, who initially looked like a decoy, took the shot first time, putting the ball to the right corner and beating the startled Stars goalie.

The winning goal came as no surprise to the Club Sando supporters who grew more vocal, as their players dominated the professional team for long spells.

“One set of players wanted the game more than the other,” said Eve, who branded the approach of his players as unprofessional.

“They thought they could just come on the field and win the game simply because they play in a higher division than the other team,” Eve said.

Stars were offered, but refused an early gift within the opening five minutes, when Jomoul Francois intercepted a poor back pass, got past goalie Alexei Julien, but still placed his shot wide. Having survived the early scare, Club Sando grew confident and their followers, louder.

The lower division team took over the first half, so much so, that within half hour, Stars coach Eve made a double switch, taking off Francois and bringing on Keron Cummings and Kennedy Hinkson to boost the midfield, which was being overrun. Having made the changes, Eve got better production in the second half when striker Tyronne Charles twice missed the far corner shooting across goal.

“In making those two changes I was sending a message to the players that I was not standing for the lack of professionalism they were displaying,” Eve declared.

It was a good game. Not many clear chances were created, but the build-up was good, especially by Club Sando. It could be argued that Club Sando are the equivalent of a Pro League team themselves, having the players, but not the finances to play at the highest level.

As national coach Stephen Hart watched from the stands, a couple of national Under-20s made their mark, Neveal Hackshaw defending for Stars, while midfielder Akeem Humphrey was particularly prominent for Club Sando. And at age 40, former Guyanese captain Charles Pollard still played a big role at the back for Club Sando and was seen scolding defender Devorn Drayton, after he made a second poor pass across the penalty area.

Technical director Muhammad Isa felt that over 90 minutes, the Anthony-Streete trained Club Sando deserved victory.

“I thought we had a very good first half and we did enough in the second half to win the game,” stated Isa, a former Trinidad and Tobago national football coach.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #255 on: December 01, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »
Caledonia, D/Force out as WASA, Police book Toyota Classic semis spots.
ttproleague.com.

WASA FC became only the fifth Super League team to ever reach the semi-final round of the Toyota Classic, in the tournament's decade-long existence, after edging Caledonia AIA 2-1 at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Saturday.

Defunct Joe Public (2010), Stokely Vale (2012), Guaya United and Club Sando (2013) were the only other teams to reach the semi-final round of the tournament that pools the best of the Super League against Pro League clubs.

Guyana national team attacker Purnell Schultz had put Caledonia ahead in the 38th minute but Mario Kissoon leveled the scores 1-1 in the 45th minute for WASA.

Then in the second period, Ethan Robinson's 63rd minute goal stood the winner while goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel denied his former employers a comeback with a few second half shutouts.

At the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Police FC also booked its place in the semi-final round but with a 4-3 kicks from the penalty spot win over Defence Force following a 1-1 draw.

Christon Thomas had Police in front by the 10th minute but a 72nd minute equaliser by Richard Roy eventually led to a shootout.

However Police were better at the target with Todd Ryan, Clevon Mc Fee, Christon Thomas and Hector Sam finding the back of the net with only Elijah Belgrave hitting wide of the target on the second.

As for Defence Force, Devorn Jorsling, Richard and Dave Long scored from the spot but Curtis Gonzales (denied by the upright) and Kerry Joseph (wide) failed to find the back of the net in the third and fourth respectively.

The quarter final round will continue on Monday 1 December at the Ato Boldon Stadium when Central FC tackles Point Fortin Civic from 6 pm – with the winner booking a semi-final spot against WASA FC on Friday 5 December – and Club Sando against San Juan Jabloteh from 8 pm – with the winner advancing to meet Police FC.

Quarter Final Round Results

Caledonia AIA 1 (Purnell Schultz 38’) vs WASA FC 2 (Mario Kissoon 45', Ethan Robinson 63’)

Police FC 1 (Christon Thomas 10') vs Defence Force 1 (Richard Roy 72')

Defence Force 3                   Police FC 4
Devorn Jorsling (scored)         Todd Ryan (scored)
Richard Roy (scored)              Elijah Belgrave (missed)
Curtis Gonzales (upright)        Clevon Mc Fee (scored)
Kerry Joseph (missed)            Christon Thomas (scored)
Dave Long (scored)               Hector Sam (scored)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2014, 03:48:41 AM »
Civic and Jabloteh complete Toyota Classic semis match-ups.
ttproleague.com.

Point Fortin Civic and Play Whe San Juan Jabloteh both progressed to the semi-final round of the 2014 Toyota Classic after managing wins over Central FC and 10-man Club Sando respectively on Monday.

Civic trumped Central 4-2 on penalties following a 0-0 draw in the first match of the rescheduled quarter final round double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium before Jabloteh edged last season’s defeated finalists Club Sando 1-0.

Jamaican midfielder Adrian Reid’s 41stminute penalty, following a handball in the Sando area, stood the winner against the Super League leaders equipped with a number of former Pro League players and former St. Ann’s Rangers coach Anthony Streete.

Sando, although having forward Kevon Woodley ejected for dangerous play in the second period, dominated the goal scoring chances but failed to find the back of the net on a night that included being denied by goalkeeper Shane Mattis on a second half penalty.

Jabloteh too had themselves to blame for the difficulty, missing out on a couple clear cut chances and Reid missing out on his double from the spot – blanked by the glove of goalkeeper Alexei Julian near the end.

And just as Sando, Central endured a miserable night near the goal and paid the price of exit.

Civic goalkeeper Marvin Phillip produced a number of brilliant saves, the majority in the second half, and his presence between the uprights also saw Central’s Marvin Oliver and Akeem Benjamin, both usually clinical from the spot, denied by the crossbar on the first kick on penalties and wide on the third, respectively.

Meanwhile Civic’s Andre Ettienne, Andrei Pacheco, Kevon Rouse and Steven Joseph were clinical to finish 4-2 kicks from the penalty spot winners, trumping Central’s scorers Jason Marcano and Qian Grosvenor.

Jabloteh will be the first of Monday’s winners to return to the Couva venue on Saturday when the “San Juan Kings” goes up against Police FC in semi-final one from 5 pmfollowed by WASA FC against Civic from 7 pmin semi-final two.

Also, new to the Toyota Classic this season, each competing teams were required to select a Secondary Schools Football League’s (SSFL) team from within their community.

The SSFL teams chosen by the 2014 Toyota Classic finalists will meet in the first match of a double header on the Final day on December 12.

Jabloteh selected East Intercol champions San Juan North Secondary while Police have Fatima College; Civic have Point Fortin East Secondary; and WASA with St. Augustine Senior Secondary.

Quarter Final Round Results

San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Adrian Reid 41’ pen) vs Club Sando 0

Central FC 0 vs Point Fortin Civic 0

Central FC  2                   Point Fortin Civic 4
Marvin Oliver (cross bar)      Andre Ettienne (scored)
Jason Marcano (scored)        Andrei Pacheco (scored)
Akeem Benjamin (over bar)   Kevon Rouse (scored)
Qian Grosvenor (scored)       Steven Joseph (scored)

Toyota Classic 2014 Upcoming Semi Final Round Matches
Saturday 6 December 2014

Ato Boldon Stadium

San Juan Jabloteh vs Police—5 pm
WASA FC vs Point Fortin Civic—7 pm

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2014, 05:54:49 AM »
Point Fortin Civic and Jabloteh to battle for Toyota Classic crown on Dec 12.
ttproleague.com.

Ato Boldon Stadium, COUVA – Jamille Boatswain scored three times on Saturday night as Point Fortin Civic eliminated Super League powerhouse WASA FC 4-0 in semi-final two of the 2014 Toyota Classic to set up a meeting with former winners Play Whe San Juan Jabloteh in the Final on December 12.

Boatswain netted in the 10th, 54th and 90th minutes, scoring against former Trinidad and Tobago youth goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel, with his hat-trick only interrupted by a 69th minute goal from teammate Garyl Doldron, to bring to an end, WASA’s surprise journey in the tournament, and in the process, book Civic’s first Final under the Pro League.

Earlier, Jabloteh, winners in 2008 and runners-up in 2005, 2007 and 2009, topped 10-man Police FC 4-3 on kicks from the penalty spot in semi-final one but not after surviving thrilling 2-2 draw against a resilient performance by the “Lawmen”.

Police team captain, Todd Ryan, who was later truly missed on kicks from the penalty spot, was ejected from the match just 11 minute inside after picking up successive yellow cards from referee Cecil Hinds for abusive language.

But that didn’t nullify the entertainment that was to follow as coach Richard Hood’s “Lawmen” produced a performance that was just shy of sending them through to a second Final this year.

Police, last season’s defeated 2014 Digicel Pro Bowl finalists, were denied by the crossbar in the first half following a crack from 30-yards out by forward Jameel Perry.

And after holding Jabloteh out in the first half, Hood’s men opened the scoring in the 64th minute thanks to a strike by fullback Christon Thomas for a 1-0 lead.

However that lead cancelled out by a superb Kerry Baptiste goal in the 69th minute for a 1-1 score after rewinding the clock to 2009 when he led, now defunct, Joe Public to the title in a year that he set a scoring record and led the “Eastern Lions” to five titles.

Jabloteh then took the lead in the 71st minute when Garth Thomas capitalised on a poor clearance by goalkeeper Adrian Foncette by hitting into an open net for a 2-1 advantage.

However Jabloteh head coach Keith Jeffrey wasn’t smiling at the final whistle as it wasn’t done yet for his side, which conceded a stoppage time goal from former player Hector Sam, tying the score at 2-2.

Jabloteh finally celebrated reaching the Final after edging Police 4-3 from the penalty spot.

Preceding the Final, which will be contested from 8 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium, East Intercol champions San Juan North Secondary and Point Fortin East Secondary will meet from 6 pm in an exhibition match.

New to the Toyota Classic this season, each competing team were required to select an SSFL team from within their community, with the SSFL teams selected by the Finalists to compete against each other prior to the Final. 

Finalists, Jabloteh and Civic, must interrupt preparations ahead of Friday’s Final when they contest Central FC and St. Ann’s Rangers, respectively, in Round One Match Day Seven of the Digicel Pro League on Tuesday 9 December.

Jabloteh will host Central from 6 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium followed by Defence Force against defending champions W Connection from 8 pm at the Port of Spain venue.

At the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, Rangers and Civic will tackle each other from 6 pm followed by Caledonia AIA against Police FC from 8 pm.

Toyota Classic 2014 Semi Final Round Results

San Juan Jabloteh 2 (Kerry Baptiste 69’, Garth Thomas 71’) vs Police FC 2 (Christon Thomas 64’, Hector Sam 90’+)
Jabloteh won the match 4-3 on penalty kicks

WASA FC 0 vs Point Fortin Civic 4 (Jamille Boastwain 10’, 54’, 90’, Garyl Doldron 69’)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #258 on: December 14, 2014, 05:28:36 AM »
Jabloteh beats Civic to 2014 Toyota Classic crown.
ttproleague.com.

San Juan community gets first title after 6 years

Ato Boldon Stadium, COUVA – Point Fortin residents showed up by hundreds more, and noisier than the opposition on Friday night. But it was the community of San Juan that awaited the arrival of the 2014 Toyota Classic crown and a celebration that took six miserable years to come.

Before kick-off, Civic were seeking their first title since joining the TT Pro League last season, while Play Whe San Juan Jabloteh – defeated Toyota Classic finalists in 2009 – last captured silverware in 2008, under the then charge of former England international Terry Fenwick, who led the San Juan club to the Pro League title, the Toyota Classic and the now defunct Big Six.

On Friday night Jabloteh got the perfect start when Andell Noray scored a blast just three minutes into the final. But that lead was cancelled out by a rocket in the 70th minute from Point Fortin Civic’s Andrei Pacheco, leveling the scores 1-1 in the gritty affair.

And with the scores tied at 1-1 at the final blow of referee Neal Brizan’s whistle, it was down to kicks from the penalty spot.

Jamaican goalkeeper Shane Mattis dominated the occasion, producing two excellent saves from the penalty spot, to help Jabloteh defeat Civic 4-2 on penalty kicks to capture the Toyota Classic crown and $50,000 winners’ prize.

Civic’s captain and central defender Andre Ettienne, seemingly a victim of final jitters on the night, was the first to be stopped by Mattis, who produced a low save after Johan Peltier had put Jabloteh ahead on the first kick.

Shaquille Bertrand, Kerry Baptiste and Jamaican midfielder Adrian Reid also found the back of the net for Jabloteh although Civic and Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Marvin Phillip got glove to the two latter.

But Mattis, the eventual Toyota Classic final MVP, who was also brilliant from the spot in two matches during the 2014 First Citizens Cup, produced another low save to deny Steven Joseph on Civic’s fourth kick to decide the winner after conceding against Andrei Pacheco and Kevin Rouse.

“Shane Mattis has always been a ‘keeper, once he is fully fit, that will be excellent,” explained Jabloteh head coach Keith Jeffrey. “And I have made him fully fit and he will always be a match winner for us.”

“It’s about time I won something,” said the 34-year-old Mattis following the match.

Mattis, a substitute goalkeeper to Clayton Ince when the now defunct Ma Pau SC won the Toyota Classic in 2011, continued. “I’ve been playing so long in Trinidad and never won anything as a player in a game… only on the bench. [Tonight] I was pretty confident, believing I could pull off a couple saves [on penalty kicks].”

Mattis said that he and his teammates were mentally prepared to do what was required to top Civic for the title.

The Keith Jeffrey coached-Jabloteh grabbed the 1-0 lead while supporters were still turning up at the stadium, after capitalizing on a mistake in defence by Ettienne.

Noray swooped in on a giveaway and from inside the box the lanky Tobago-born forward smashed a left footer into the roof of the net with little chance to goalkeeper Phillip.

Noray was alive for the entire first half and had the bulk of Jabloteh’s chances, one of which he forced a low save out of Phillip in the 27th minute from distance.

In the 38th minute Noray directed a free-kick into the body of Phillip but failed to duplicate his performance in the second period before he was replaced injured by Brendon Figuera in the 81st minute.

Garth Thomas also had a scoring opportunity for Jabloteh before the break but the right-back bundled a Baptiste corner wide of goal at the back post.

And in the first of three minutes of stoppage time after 90 minutes, Baptiste failed to seal the win in regulation time.

The 34-year-old former Golden Boot winner and 2009 TT Pro League Player of the Year was denied by the legs of substitute Kevin Rouse after Fabian Reid played a neat pass across the area.

Two minutes earlier F. Reid tested Phillip from distance but only won a save out of the Civic goalie.

And before that it was Civic that dominated a portion of the game, led by a 59th minute strike from distance by Andre Toussaint, which gave the Point Fortin supporters something to cheer, after Mattis went into full stretch to put it behind for a corner.

But the stadium erupted into excitement, with 20 minutes left, when Pacheco’s rocket from 20 yards out hit the underside of the crossbar before landing into Mattis’ net to level the score 1-1.

“That goal set us back a little bit,” Mattis shared. “But we really motivated to win.”

Civic continued with a neat string of passes five minutes later which ended with midfielder Akeem Redhead duplicating an earlier attempt of his which flew wide of the far post.

“I think we could have won it on regulation time,” said Point Fortin Civic head coach Reynold Carrington, whose side took away the runners-up $20,000 and medals, while forward Jamille Boatswain picked up the Most Goals Award with his three goals in the tournament.

“The momentum was with us and failed to capitalise on the half chances that we had.

“I think the pain won’t really sink in just yet. Tonight it’s going to be a hard night. We owed ourselves a victory… not just our community. We have been working hard but came up empty handed.

“The effort was good but not good enough. It was a good final. I think from the beginning of the competition it was intense and very competitive. I think both teams that [reached the final] came out and let everything on the field and it was just unfortunate that we were the losers.”

Carrington added that it is still important that his side get positive results in two remaining Digicel Pro League matches before the Christmas break.

Jabloteh head coach Keith Jeffrey, meanwhile, is now eyeing a much bigger prize in the 2014-2015 Digicel Pro League championship.

He said, “It’s important that the community got something. I know the San Juan community have been longing for some success and [the Toyota Classic title] has come at the right time. This victory will propel the team forward, making the players believe that they can go all the way. Because the league is a close league, and you must believe to win the league.”

Jabloteh will return to action in the league on Tuesday 16 December against crosstown rivals Caledonia AIA from 6 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Round One Match Day Seven while Defence Force will host Civic from 8 pm.

Simultaneously at the Ato Boldon Stadium, defending champions W Connection will meet Police FC from 6 pm and from 8 pm leaders Central FC will host North East Stars.

Toyota Classic Final

Point Fortin Civic 1 (Andrei Pacheco 70') vs San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Andell Noray 3'), regulation time score

Kicks from the penalty spot

San Juan Jabloteh 4                Point Fortin Civic 2
Johan Peltier (scored)              Andre Ettienne (saved)
Shaquille Bertrand (scored)      Andrei Pacheco (scored)
Kerry Baptiste (scored)           Kevin Rouse (scored)
Adrian Reid (scored)               Steven Joseph (saved)

Exhibition Match

Point Fortin East Secondary 3 vs San Juan North Secondary 1

Teams

Point Fortin Civic—1. Marvin Phillip, 4. Weslie John, 5. Andre Ettienne (C), 2. Garyl Doldron, 3. Steven Joseph, 6. Akeem Redhead, 7. Kelvin Modeste, 19. Andrei Pacheco, 18. Trent Lougheed (Yellow Card) (23. Kevin Rouse 55th), 11. Andre Toussaint, 20. Jamille Boatswain (21. Andre Alexis 83rd).

Unused substitutes—24. Miguel Payne (GK), 16. Ancil Wells, 17. Keswin Goolie, 13. Tevin Belfor, 15. Rondell Paul.

Coach—Reynold Carrington

San Juan Jabloteh—30. Shane Mattis (Yellow Card), 13. Coneal Thomas, 18. Jevon Morris, 4. Garth Thomas, 10. Kerry Baptiste (C), 6. Dario Holmes, 14. Shaquille Bertrand, 24. Adrian Reid, 15. Duran Dilworth (9. Johan Peltier 66th), 7. Andell Noray (23. Brendon Figuera 81st), 17. Fabian Reid.

Unused substitutes—36. Raheem Belgrave (GK), 11. Bryan Bayliss, 22. Calib Sturge, 19. Dillon Kirton, 25. Troy Moses.

Coach—Keith Jeffrey.

Match Referee—Neal Brizan.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2015 Toyota Classic Thread
« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2015, 03:29:31 AM »
Jeffrey challenge underdogs to rise in Toyota Classic.
ttproleague.com.

Head coach of defending Toyota Classic champions San Juan Jabloteh, Keith Jeffrey, has challenged underdog teams to rise in this season’s 2015 edition.

The Toyota Classic, the only knockout tournament which incorporates all Pro League teams and some of the Super League’s current best, was launched today (Monday) at the Hasely Crawford Stadium VIP for its 2015 edition.

Following the draw, Jeffrey said, “Last season it was Point Fortin Civic versus San Juan Jabloteh and we are asking lesser known teams to come out and deliver, to see if we can move away from the W (Connection)-Central finals. The competition is already unique, so let us see what other clubs can do.”

Based on a seeded draw, the ten (10) Pro League clubs (Central FC, North East Stars, Police FC, Defence Force, Point Fortin Civic, W Connection, San Juan Jabloteh, St. Ann’s Rangers, Morvant Caledonia United and Club Sando) and the top six (6) Super League Premier Division teams after Match Day 16 (Guaya United, Defence Force, 1976 FC Phoenix, Siparia Spurs, Marabella Family Crisis and FC Santa Rosa) were pooled into four (4) groups.

“It is in tournaments like the Toyota Classic which provides the forum for the coaches and players to perform with something at stake,” TT Pro League Chief Executive Officer Dexter Skeene reminded during the launch. “These brand extensions like the Toyota Classic are critical to the development and sustainability of the TT Pro League.”

In Group A, Point Fortin Civic will renew their rivalry against reigning Digicel Pro League champions Central FC, and 1976 FC Phoenix of Tobago will take on Morvant Caledonia United; with both winners advancing to meet in the quarter-final round.

While Group B features former champions North East Stars against Siparia Spurs, and three-time former champions and recently crowned First Citizens Cup champions, W Connection, against 2013 defeated finalists, Club Sando; with both winners advancing to meet in the quarter-final round.

Guaya United, fresh from capturing the Super League Premier Division knockout title on Sunday, must tackle Police FC of the Pro League, while Marabella Youth Crisis will meet the defending Toyota Classic champions, San Juan Jabloteh; with both Group C winners advancing to meet in the quarter-final round.

Group D will feature the only all-Super League clash with Defence Force (Super League) against FC Santa Rosa, and the other match-up an all-Pro League clash between St. Ann’s Rangers and Defence Force; with both winners advancing to meet in the quarter-final round.

Last season the Jeffrey-led Jabloteh outscored Civic on penalties 4-2 following a 1-1 draw in the final of the Toyota Classic for the San Juan club’s first title in 6 years.

Now looking ahead to his preliminary round clash with Marabella Youth Crisis this season, Jeffrey said, “I have no idea about the Super League teams but I guess if they are in the top six, they will have something to offer.”

This season the Toyota Classic will feature an increased champions’ prize of $75,000, dwarfing the previous $50,000 offered, while the runners-up will receive $20,000.

Skeene commend Toyota (Trinidad and Tobago) and its general manager Andre Baptiste for their unwavering support for the Toyota Classic, the concept that brings together the best 16 football clubs in the country in a unique and innovative tournament that is aimed at showcasing the best players and coaches in the TT Pro League and the Super League.

The TT Pro League CEO said the Toyota Classic, the brainchild of Baptiste, was also created with the purpose of developing a loyal fan base who will continually attend TT Pro League matches.

“The goal is to improve attendances and shift the event type supporter to one that grows the long term fan base of the clubs. A major element is a relationship with community. The currency that runs football is fans and the League and its directors understand this and are taking steps to build the support of the teams and create loyal supporters. The thrust is now to utilize fields in the communities represented by the clubs.”

Skeene added that the League will continue to expand its target audience with marketing strategies geared to cater to families, including aspects for children. He said that incentives such as awarding $5,000 to the club with the most and vocal supporters. Also, in keeping with bringing stakeholders together, the League will invite two Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) teams to play the first game of the double header on final night, where they will compete for a trophy and cash prize.

Toyota (T&T) marketing manager Sean Shaffie, speaking during today’s Toyota Classic 2015 launch, said, “(…) the development of football has been the major focus for us (Toyota) over the years. It is with this desire that we teamed up with the Pro League to bring about a change in culture by instilling a professional attitude in the sport, to prepare our potential talents to embrace the dynamism of world football. We believe with the right approach, there are many more (players) who can make it on the world stage and Toyota will play its part in helping the realisation of those talents. We applaud the efforts of the Pro League and will continue to encourage them to achieve excellence.”

2015 Toyota Classic Groups

Group A
1.Point Fortin Civic
2.1976 Tobago Pheonix
3.Morvant Caledonia United
4.Central FC

Group B
1.North East Stars
2.W Connection
3.Club Sando
4.Siparia Spurs

Group C
1.Guaya United
2.Marabella Youth Crisis
3.San Juan Jabloteh
4.Police FC

Group D
1.Defence Force (Super League)
2.St. Ann’s Rangers
3.Defence Force (Pro League)
4.FC Santa Rosa

Round of 16 (Preliminary Round) (Match dates, times and venues will be published on Tuesday 03 November)

Point Fortin Civic vs Central FC (A1)
1976 Tobago Phoenix vs Morvant Caledonia United (A2)
North East Stars vs Siparia Spurs (B1)
W Connection vs Club Sando (B2)
Guaya United vs Police FC (C1)
Marabella Youth Crisis vs San Juan Jabloteh (C2)
Defence Force (Super League) vs FC Santa Rosa (G1)
St. Ann’s Rangers vs Defence Force (Pro League) (G2)

Quarter Final Round

Winners A1 vs Winners A2 (E)

Winners B1 vs Winners B2 (F)

Winners C1 vs Winners C2 (G)

Winners D1 vs Winners D2 (H)

Semi Final Round

Winners E vs Winners F
Winners G vs Winners H

Final

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2015 Toyota Classic Thread
« Reply #260 on: November 06, 2015, 04:52:17 AM »
N/E Stars hit eight past Siparia in Toyota Classic.
ttproleague.com.

Morvant-Caledonia steer Phoenix’s flight back to Tobago after 8-goal thriller and Santa Rosa edge Super League counterpart Defence Force to advance into quarters.

The Toyota Classic 2015 got off to an exciting start on Wednesday night with former champions North East Stars crushing Super League opponents Siparia Spurs 8-0 and Morvant Caledonia United outscoring 1976 FC Phoenix 5-3 at separate venues.

Former St. Anthony’s College forward Jomoul Francois scored his first professional beaver-trick for North East Stars. The 20-year-old midfielder netted in the 13th, 63rd, 64th and 75th minutes in the second match of a Marvin Lee Stadium double-header after FC Santa Rosa had edged Super League counterparts Defence Force 1-0 courtesy a 72nd minute Devon King item to advance into the quarter-final round.

Also scoring for North East Stars on either side of the half was current T&T Senior Team midfielder Keron Cummings, who ended with a double after finding the back of Siparia’s net in the 14th and 47th minutes.

Former T&T youth player Gorean Highley had opened the scoring for the Roland Clarke-coached North East Stars in the 9th minute of the match which also had Dillon Jaggasar on the scoresheet for the Sangre Grande-based Pro League outfit in the 71st minute.

Earlier at the Ato Boldon Stadium, it wasn’t as easy for Morvant Caledonia United (MCU) despite dominating the opening stages and having a three-goal lead within the first 22 minutes.

Phoenix made a surprising comeback to level the scores, before MCU finally ended the Tobagonians effort with two additional goals in the second half.

Eugine Kirwan handed MCU a 1-0 lead by the 3rd minute. The Antigua forward buried the ball past Phoenix goalkeeper Joel Sampson from inside the area following a left side move by Jameel Neptune which was initiated by midfielder Densill Theobald.

Akeem Roach then extended MCU’s lead 2-0 by the 12th minute. The 19-year-old former Defence Force attacker’s strike off Kareem Joseph’s effort which cannoned off the upright was too much for Sampson and a desperate attempted clearance on the line by defender Simon Nedd.

MCU veteran midfielder Theobald joined in on the fun by scoring in the bottom left corner of Sampson’s net for a 3-0 lead following a flowing move then feed by St. Kitts/Nevis international Kennedy Isles.

But Phoenix leveled the scores 3-3 after firing back with three uninterrupted goals—all from excellent plays—scored Stefano Wright in the 31st minute, Dominic Mc Dougall in in stoppage time of the first half and Lejandro Williams, the son of Phoenix’s coach Terry Williams, in the 53rd minute against T&T goalkeeper Marvin Phillip in goal for MCU.

However as both sides heaped the chances in the second half, MCU made better use with Roach completing his double in the 67th minute with a solo effort to put his side back in front 4-1.

Four minutes earlier, MCU veteran fullback and captain Kareem Joseph struck the upright a second time on the night.

Phoenix also had frame involved three minutes from time, but it was a superb low save by Phillip that saw Williams’ free-kick clip the base of the upright before heading out for a corner.

MCU finally completed the 5-3 victory in stoppage time when Isles, who went close in the 47th and 60th minutes, made no mistake in hitting past Sampson off substitute Sheldon Holder’s pass.

Round of 16 action continues on the weekend, beginning with a double-header at the Mahaica Oval on Friday. Former champions W Connection will take on 2013 finalists Club Sando from 5:30 pm before home side Point Fortin Civic welcomes Central FC from 8 pm.

On Saturday St. Ann’s Rangers will meet Pro League counterpart Defence Force from 3 pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium.

Then on Sunday, the Guayaguayare Recreation Ground will come alive when home side Guaya United welcomes Police FC from 3 pm, and simultaneously at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Super League side Marabella Family Crisis Centre will take on defending Toyota Classic champions San Juan Jabloteh.

RELATED NEWS

Pro League team whip Super League Phoenix 5-3.
By Ian Prescott (Express).

Caledonia scare

Pro League outfit Morvant/Caledonia United let a three-goal lead slip before rallying to whip Tobago 1976 Phoenix of the semi-professional National Super League 5-3 at the Ato Boldon Stadium, as the 2015 Toyota Classic kicked off on Wednesday with round of 16 matches.

The knockout football competition offers a $75,000 first prize and matches 10 professional teams against the top six semi-pro team sides from the National Super League.

At Marvin Lee Stadium, FC Santa Rosa won 1-0 over Defence Force (Super League). Despite having most of the possession, Defence Force succumbed to a 72nd minute goal from former Joe Public striker Devon King who scored from close range after Jean-Paul Aqui-Blanc re-directed Nicholas Armstrong's cross into his path.

Later, in the second match of a double-header, North East Stars made a meal of Super League Siparia Spurs, winning 8-0. Jomoul Francois, the 20-year-old former St Anthony's College player scored four times in the rout. Trinidad and Tobago international Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings netted a double, while Gorean “Ratty” Highley and Dillon Jaggasar also scored.

Down at Couva, it looked plain sailing for Morvant/Caledonia when the Pro League team took a 3-0 lead against second tier Phoenix. Eugine Kirwan, an Antiguan striker, netted from inside the penalty area in the third minute after combining with Jameel Neptune.

Morvant/Caledonia led 2-0 with less than a quarter-hour gone when Akeem Roach, the 19-year-old former Defence Force attacker put in a rebound in the 12th minute. Morvant captain Kareem “Tiny” Joseph, made his usual overlapping run from right-back and smacked his shot off the crossbar, before Roach followed up to score.

And well before the half hour mark, veteran midfielder Theobald beat goalkeeper Joel Sampson with a shot into the bottom left corner for a 3-0 lead in the 22nd minute, after combining with Kennedy Isles, the former St Ann's Rangers and St Kitts/Nevis international.

But the Morvant team have struggled to put together a total game this season. In their 4-2 loss last Friday to Club Sando in the First Citizens Cup third-placed playoff, they only came to life in the second half.

Against Phoenix, the Tobagonians were allowed back into the match as Marvin Phillip, the Trinidad and Tobago international goalie was beaten three times.

Phoenix scored twice in the final quarter of the first half through Stefano Wright (31st), and Dominic Mc Dougall (45th). Going in trailing 3-2 at the half, the Super League team rallied further and were level at 3-3 in the 53rd minute through the prolific Leandro Williams.

Both teams had the chance to win thereafter, although the Morvant team looked the more likely winners.

Forward-running Joseph struck the woodwork a second time, before Roach ended a solo run with his second goal of the match in the 67th minute, giving the Pro League club a 4-3 lead. Phoenix again threatened in the dying stages of regulation time, when Williams' free-kick forced goalie Phillip to push the ball onto the woodwork. Having escaped, Caledonia made sure in added-on time with Isle putting Sheldon Holder's pass into Sampson's goal.

Toyota Classic Results

1976 Tobago Phoenix 3 (Stefano Wright 31, Dominic McDougal 45, Lejandro Williams 53) v Morvant Caledonia United 5 (Eugine Kirwan 3, Akeem Roach 12, 67, Densill Theobald 22, Kennedy Isles 90)

North East Stars 8 (Jomoul Francois 13, 63, 64, 75, Keron Cummings 14, 47, Gorean Highley 9, Dillon Jaggasar 71) v Siparia Spurs 0

Defence Force (Super League) 0 v FC Santa Rosa 1 (Devon King 72)

Upcoming Games (Today)

5.30 p.m, W Connection v Club Sando, Mahaica Oval
8.00 p.m, Point Fortin Civic v Central FC, Mahaica Oval

Saturday

3.00 p.m, St. Ann’s Rangers vs Defence Force (Pro League), Larry Gomes Stadium

Sunday

3.00 p.m, Guaya United vs Police FC, Guayaguayare Recreation Ground
3.00 p.m, Marabella Crisis Centre vs San Juan Jabloteh, Manny Ramjohn Stadium

« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 05:40:24 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2015, 02:59:57 AM »
Connection and 10-man Central progress in Toyota Classic via penalties.
ttproleague.com.

Former champions W Connection and Couva-rivals Central FC both narrowly advanced into the quarter-final round of the Toyota Classic 2015 via penalty kicks at the Mahaica Oval on Friday night.

Connection, Toyota Classic champions in 2005, 2011 and 2013, defeated Club Sando 5-3 from the spot after a 0-0 draw in the first match of a Round of 16 double-header at the Point Fortin venue.

Then in the later match, which also ended in a 0-0 stalemate, Central, who finished the heated encounter with 10-men, surfaced 3-2 winners after a dramatic shoot-out involving home side Point Fortin Civic.

Civic, leading 2-1 on kicks, had a gift of an opportunity to apply further pressure on Central after goalkeeper Miles Goodman had blanked Willis Plaza—the Trinidad and Tobago international seemingly lost his composure due to a three-minute wait for the top of the netting to be repaired after a thunderous kick from Civic’s Andrei Pacheco had beaten goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams.

However Civic failed to find the back of the net again with winger Akeem Redhead blasting his attempt into the night sky before Williams denied substitute Jared Bennett and Bevon Bass struck the base of the upright.

Unlucky for Troy Moses, who scored along with Pacheco, and goalkeeper Goodman, who produced another save to deny Central’s Leston Paul, that the Couva Sharks, courtesy converted kicks from Ataulla Guerra, Andre Ettienne and Darren Mitchell, were the ones celebrating a quarter-finals spot.

Central, the defeated First Citizens Cup finalists a week ago, moves into the quarter-final round where they will meet Morvant Caledonia United, 5-3 winners over Super League opponents 1976 FC Phoenix last Wednesday.

While Connection, fresh from last week’s First Citizens Cup crowning, will meet Toyota Classic 2012 champions North East Stars, who hammered Super League side Siparia Spurs 8-0 in their Round of 16 fixture last Wednesday.

Shahdon Winchester, Jomal Williams, Dwight Quintero, Kurt Frederick and Gerard Williams were all clinical from the spot to beat Sando goalkeeper Alexei Julien.

While Sando, this season’s First Citizens Cup third place winners, paid the price of defeat after Akeem Humphrey, who had a brilliant regulation-time performance, hammered his side’s third kick onto the crossbar.

Kevon Woodley, Kemuel Rivers and Kern Cupid, who were part of six former Connection players fielded by Sando, converted their kicks.

Connection started the game without regular captain Alvin Jones, while the club’s leading scorer in all competitions this season, Jomal, was utilised off the bench.

Coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier had called on the services of Jomal following a goalless first half which included stand-in captain Neil Benjamin Jr. fluffing an attempt wide in the 3rd minute with goalkeeper Julien at his mercy after collecting a defence-splitting pass by vice-captain Winchester.

Under half hour later Benjamin returned the favour with a low pass across the area but Winchester’s effort lacked the desired sting, affording Julien a comfortable gather.

There were further attempts by either side, but little to trouble opposite goalkeepers, forcing the repeat of the 2013 final, which Connection won, to be decided from the spot.

As expected, the second match of the double header didn’t lack intensity between home-side Civic and Central. The contest also had some teeth to it, forcing referee Cecile Hinds to intervene on numerous occasions, including ejecting Central midfielder Elijah Manners with a direct red card in the 67th minute for a lunging tackle on Civic’s Glenn Sutton.

It was a tough day at the office for Central, the reigning league and Caribbean champions, as Civic slugged it out in every area of the pitch, taking full advantage of the absence of Central’s star midfielder Marvin Oliver, who missed the match due to being suspended by his club for an internal matter.

Central head coach Ross Russell fielded former Civic defensive ace Andre Ettienne and midfielder Ataulla Guerra for the first time after lengthy lay-offs due to injury but even that failed offer much against the side they defeated 3-0 in league action at the same venue on September 26.

Guerra had troubled goalkeeper Goodman from distance in the fifth minute when the ball took an awkward bounce and two minutes later Jason Marcano had the ball into the back of the net, but the offside flag had already been lifted.

Marcano failed to win the luck of the flag again in the 73rd minute after his deflected strike, following a run and cross from the left by Marcus Joseph, ended in the back of the Civic net.

Goodman, who kept out a low Marcus Joseph volley at the near post in the 18th minute, produced another excellent save on the hour mark to keep out a Plaza effort off a Marcano free-kick.

Despite their improved efforts, including a stoppage-time Andrei Pacheco free-kick which clipped the top of the upright and attempts earlier by Troy Moses and Redhead which were blanked by opposing goalkeeper Williams, Civic eventually fell on penalties.

Round of 16 action continues today (Saturday) at the Larry Gomes Stadium with St. Ann’s Rangers against Pro League counterpart Defence Force from 3 pm.

Then on Sunday, the Guayaguayare Recreation Ground will come alive when home side Guaya United welcomes Police FC from 3 pm, and simultaneously at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Super League side Marabella Family Crisis Centre will take on defending Toyota Classic champions San Juan Jabloteh.

Results

W Connection 0 (5) vs Club Sando 0 (3) (B2)
W Connection won the match 5-3 on penalties

W Connection 5 v Club Sando 3
Shahdon Winchester (scored) - Kevon Woodley (scored)
Jomal Williams (scored) - Kemuel Rivers (scored)
Dwight Quintero (scored) - Akeem Humphrey (post)
Kurt Frederick (scored) - Kern Cupid (scored)
Gerard Williams (scored)

Point Fortin Civic 0 (2) vs Central FC 0 (3) (A1)
Central won the match 3-2 on penalties

Point Fortin Civic 2 v Central FC 3
Troy Moses (scored) - Ataullah Guerra (scored)
Andrei Pacheco (scored) - Willis Plaza (saved)
Akeem Redhead (missed) - Andre Ettienne (scored)
Jared Bennett (saved) - Leston Paul (saved)
Bevon Bass (post) - Darren Mitchell (scored)

Teams

W Connection: 18.Julani Archibald; 2.Kurt Frederick, 3.Gerard Williams, 5.Triston Hodge (4.Maurice Ford 77th), 8.Briel Thomas (Yellow Card) (19.Dwight Quintero 65th), 9.Shahdon Winchester (Yellow Card), 11.Neil Benjamin Jr. (Capt.), 14.Andre Toussaint, 17.Aikim Andrews, 25.Christian Felipe Ocoro Viveros, 34.Jabari Mitchell (10.Jomal Williams 60th)

Unused substitutes: 1.Terrence Lewis (GK), 13.Kion Joseph, 21.Shannon Gomez, 46.Anfernee Frederick

Coach: Stuart Charles Fevrier

Club Sando: 33.Alexei Julien; 5.Devon Drayton, 6.Kemuel Rivers, 7.Akeem Humphrey, 8.Jeromie Williams, 11.Teba Mc Knight (Capt.) (20.Keith Williams 82nd), 13.Kern Cupid, 16.Kevon Woodley (Yellow Card), 17.Jared London, 22.Corneal Thomas, 24.Devon Modeste (19.Ryan Frederick 77th)

Unused substitutes: 9.Jessie Downing, 15.Amrit Gildharry, 18.Shane Hospidales, 26.Shaquille Holder, 34.Kelvin Henry (GK)

Coach: Anthony Streete

Match Referee: Kevin Smart

Teams

Point Fortin Civic: 1.Miles Goodman; 15.Nedeon Noel (Yellow Card), 2.Garyl Doldron (28.Jared Bennett 68th), 11.Tigana Sparks, 19.Andrei Pacheco, 27.Kern Peters, 12.Glenn Sutton (Yellow Card), 8.Akeem Redhead, 16.Kelvin Modeste (Capt.) (Yellow Card) (7.Nickcolson Thomas 46th), 25.Troy Moses, 99.Corey Cyrus (10.Bevon Bass 82nd)

Unused substitutes: 52.Akini Adams (GK), 21.Rondell Paul, 14.Kerwin Stafford, 23.Mickell Charles

Coach: Leroy De Leon

Central FC: 21.Jan-Michael Williams; 2.Elton John (Yellow Card), 4.Andre Ettienne, 7.Jason Marcano (11.Darren Mitchell 79th), 12.Jamal Jack, 17.Marcelle Francois, 25.Elijah Manners (Red Card), 33.Willis Plaza, 45.Ataullah Guerra, 99.Marcus Joseph (14.Nicholas Dillon 82nd), 22.Leston Paul

Unused substitutes: 6.Kerry Baptiste, 30.Akel Clarke (GK), 19.Nathaniel Garcia, 26.Mickaeel Jem Gordon, 23.Jean-Luc Rochford

Coach: Ross Russell

Match Referee: Cecile Hinds

Upcoming Round of 16 matches

Saturday 7 November 2015

St. Ann’s Rangers vs Defence Force (Pro League) (D2)—3 pm, Larry Gomes Stadium

Sunday 8 November 2015

Guaya United vs Police FC (C1)—3 pm, Guayaguayare Recreation Ground

Marabella Family Crisis Centre vs San Juan Jabloteh (C2)—3 pm, Manny Ramjohn Stadium

Quarter Final Round

Central FC vs Morvant Caledonia United (E)
North East Stars vs W Connection (F)
Winners C1 vs Winners C2 (G)
FC Santa Rosa vs Winners D2 (H)

Semi Final Round

Winners E vs Winners F
Winners G vs Winners H

Final

« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 03:01:40 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2015, 03:44:45 AM »
D/Force oust Rangers to set Toyota Classic quarters date with Santa Rosa.
ttproleague.com

Defence Force settled a burning score against Rangers, the side they failed to defeat in two previous meetings, by overcoming the St. Ann’s club 3-1 on Saturday afternoon in a round-of-16 clash of the 2015 Toyota Classic.

The victory also earned the Pro League’s Defence Force a quarter-final meeting with Super League side FC Santa Rosa with a chance at avenging a 1-0 loss conceded by the Defence Force's Super League counterpart last Wednesday when Santa Rosa progressed.

Richard Roy converted from the penalty  spot yesterday to give Defence Force a 1-0 lead on the 26th minute at the Larry Gomes Stadium after Rangers' goalie Stefan Berkeley was adjudged to have fouled Ross Russell Jr. in the process of keeping out a rebound effort.

Berkeley had spilled a long-range strike from defender Glynn Franklyn before making contact with Russell in contest for the spilled rebound.

Rangers head coach and former Defence Force man, Angus Eve, was still expressing his fury at the touchline over referee Rodphin Harris' decision to award the penalty when the soldiers doubled their tally by the half-hour mark.

Russell made good on a Kishon Seecharan cross by hitting past Berkeley from inside the box for the 2-0 cushion.

However Rangers sliced the soldiers lead in half in the 39th minute when Sayid Freitas sent a free-kick around a poorly-positioned wall and into the bottom corner of Sheldon Clarke’s net for a 2-1 score.

That goal came ten minutes after Rangers forward Rasheed Simon struck wide of the target in a situation where he should have done better after a lapse by the Defence Force back-line allowed him a free run at goal inside the area.

Then just before the break Keron Cornwall failed to replicate a free-kick goal, hitting narrowly over-bar, following a foul on goal-scorer Freitas just above the box.

But Defence Force restored their two-goal advantage with a 3-1 score by the 63rd minute when midfielder Kerry Joseph headed past Berkeley off a Marvin Jones left-side corner.

The result snapped a two-match winless run against Rangers, who defeated Defence Force 2-1 last May in their final Digicel Pro League match of the 2014-15 season and held the soldiers to a 1-1 draw in September at the start of the 2015-16 DPL campaign.

Berkeley, who denied Seecharan with a low save on the 22nd minute, pulled off another low save, this time with the leg, to keep out a 77th-minute strike by Jerwyn Balthazar, who had struck the base of the upright moments inside the second period.

Other decided quarter-final match-ups of the 2015 Toyota Classic includes Central FC versus Morvant Caledonia United while 2012 champions North East Stars must tackle 2005, 2011 and 2013 champions W Connection.

The final match-up will be determined today (Sunday) after Guaya United welcomes Police FC from 3 pm at the Guayaguayare Recreation Ground, and simultaneously at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Super League side Marabella Family Crisis Centre take on defending Toyota Classic champions San Juan Jabloteh.

Results

St. Ann’s Rangers 1 (Sayid Freitas 39) vs Defence Force (Pro League) 3 (Richard Roy 26, Ross Russell Jr. 30, Kerry Joseph 63)

Teams

St. Ann's Rangers: 1.Stefan Berkeley (Yellow Card); 2.Shakiyl Phillip, 4.Jelani Peters (Yellow Card), 5.Miguel Romeo (Capt.), 23.Sayid Freitas, 7.Sedale Mc Lean, 9.Keron Cornwall, 45.Kadeem Corbin (11.Josh Toussaint), 19.Rasheed Simon, 16.Richard Williams, 6.Shaquille Moses

Unused substitutes: 14.Jemel Berot, 17.Kadeem Hutchinson, 18.Trevin Latapy, 21.Keon Peters, 22.Christopher Biggette (GK), 29.Jameel Antoine

Coach: Angus Eve

Defence Force: 25.Sheldon Clarke; 8.Curtis Gonzales, 2.Glynn Franklyn, 17.Ross Russell Jr., 13.Marvin Jones, 4.Dave Long, 12.Jemel Sebro (Yellow Card) (7.Jelani Felix), 23.Kerry Joseph (Yellow Card) (18.Sean Narcis), 26.Richard Roy (9.Devorn Jorsling), 30.Kishon Seecharan, 99.Jerwyn Balthazar (Capt.)

Unused substitutes: 6.Rodell Elcock, 16.Kellon Serrette, 21.Aklie Edwards, 80.Aaron Enill (GK)

Coach: Marvin Gordon

Match Referee: Rodphin Harris

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2015, 07:18:48 AM »
How long has Toyota been involved with this event?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2015, 11:57:22 AM »
Since inception (2005).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2015, 12:43:14 PM »
Since inception (2005).

:beermug:

Are they involved with any of the national teams?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »
So there is a possibility of a DF vs DF final?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2015, 04:29:06 PM »
Jabloteh trounce Crisis 7-0 in Toyota Classic while Guaya edge Police.
ttproleague.com.

Fabian Reid scored twice and had four assists today (Sunday) – all within the first half – to lead defending Toyota Classic champions, San Juan Jabloteh, to a 7-0 romp over Super League side, Marabella Family Crisis Centre in their round-of-16 clash at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.

But down in Guayaguayare, home-side and recently crowned Super League Knock-out champions, Guaya United, rallied from a goal down to defeat Pro League outfit Police FC 2-1 to progress into the quarter-final round of the 2015 Toyota Classic, to be contested November 27-28, where they must face 2008 and 2014 champions, Jabloteh.

Police took the lead through Kareem Freitas in the 44th minute however a goal each from inspirational captain and player/coach Ryan Stewart, in the 76th minute, and Jody Allsop, in the 86th minute, saw Guaya exact revenge over the side that defeated them by the same score in last season’s Toyota Classic round-of-16.

Meanwhile Jabloteh were frolicking against in Marabella against a home-side, who were, ironically, suffering a Crisis—six goals down by the end of the first half.

Reid (F) led the onslaught by the 3rd minute when he rounding goalkeeper Rondell Renwick to put Jabloteh ahead 1-0 following a feed from Kennedy Hinkson.

The 24-year-old Jamaican playmaker then executed his first of four assists on the afternoon by returning the favour for Hinkson to score past the hapless Marabella Family Crisis Centre goalie in the 25th minute.

Jabloteh then added four more goals in a space of five minutes to add to Crisis Centre’s miseries at the break.

The Super League side, despite fielding a couple former Pro League players – such as Larry Bacchus, Javed Mohammed and Ghymo Harper – were clearly in unfamiliar territory.

Nathan Lewis, picked out by an exquisite Reid (F) back-heel, made it 3-0 in the 41st minute against a side that produced little resistance.

Lewis had Reid (F) to thank again in the 43rd minute when he completed a double for a 4-0 Jabloteh lead after another defence-splitting pass.

Reid (F) made it 5-0 with a cool finish in the 44th minute to complete his own double before Tyrone Charles, who scoffed two earlier chances, rounded Renwick in the 45th to hit into an open net for a 6-0 score.

Crisis Centre endured some nervy moments in the second period but it wasn’t until the 90th minute that substitute Jamal Gay made it 7-0.

Gay added to Renwick’s miseries by rounding the Crisis Centre goalie and hitting into the vacant net after latching onto a pass inside the area by substitute Keyon Edwards.

It turned out a valuable first goal in Jabloteh strip for the former European-based player, who had goal ruled offside two minutes after replacing an injured Rickcardo Harriott in the 80th minute.

Other decided quarter-final round match-ups of the 2015 Toyota Classic includes Central FC versus Morvant Caledonia United; 2012 champions, North East Stars, against 2005, 2011 and 2013 champions W Connection; and Super League’s FC Santa Rosa against Defence Force (Pro League).

Results

Guaya United 2 (Ryan Stewart 76’, Jody Allsop 86’) vs Police FC 1 (Kareem Freitas 44’)

Marabella Family Crisis Centre 0 vs San Juan Jabloteh 7 (Fabian Reid 3’, 44’, Kennedy Hinkson 25’, Nathan Lewis 41’, 43’, Tyrone Charles 45’, Jamal Gay 90’)

Teams

Marabella Family Crisis Centre: 23.Rondell Renwick; 3.Larry Bacchus, 6.Javed Mohammed, 7.Dwane Edwards (70.Renefor Martin 59th), 9.Juma Clarence, 10.Kevin Moodie (11.Kerville Jeremiah 73rd), 13.Keston Grant (Yellow Card), 19.Ghymo Harper (Capt.), 33.Kurlan Khan, 49.Yohance Alexander (Yellow Card), 77.Arvid Applewhite

Unused substitutes: 1.Tevin Moore, 5.Brandon Neptune, 8.Wade Caesar,

Team manager: Terrence Boissiere

San Juan Jabloteh: 36.Raheem Belgrave; 10.Tyrone Charles, 5.Rickcardo Harriott (7.Jamal Gay 80th), 23.Kennedy Hinkson, 27.Nathan Lewis, 18.Jevon Morris, 24.Adrian Reid, 13.Fabien Reid (14.Sean Bonval 64th), 21.Aquil Selby (Yellow Card), 4.Garth Thomas (8.Keyon Edwards 73rd), 11.Damian Williams

Unused substitutes: 35.Andrew Durant (GK), 6.Ramone Mc Gregor, 15.Jerome Mc Intyre, 16.Kaashif Thomas

Coach: Keith Jeffrey

Match Referee: Melville Wallace

Upcoming Matches

November 27-28, 2015

Central FC vs Morvant Caledonia United (E)
North East Stars vs W Connection (F)
Guaya United vs San Juan Jabloteh (G)
FC Santa Rosa vs Defence Force (Pro League) (H)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2015, 04:34:01 PM »
So there is a possibility of a DF vs DF final?

DF (Super league) were knocked out in the round of 16 by FC Santa Rosa.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2015, 04:39:55 PM »

1]; } ?>