April 25, 2024, 06:57:13 AM

Author Topic: Presdiential Debate 2012 for anyone interested  (Read 1980 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Presdiential Debate 2012 for anyone interested
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
Romney going and get shit up
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:51:33 PM »

As of right now it's the other way around...
whey boy!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:02:53 PM »

Hardly... to suggest that Obama get "shit up" at any point is pure fantasy.  That said, Romney had a better performance, Obama seemed unprepared at times and disjointed in his presentation.  Wasn't persuasive nor polished.  Round one to Romney.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »

Hardly... to suggest that Obama get "shit up" at any point is pure fantasy.  That said, Romney had a better performance, Obama seemed unprepared at times and disjointed in his presentation.  Wasn't persuasive nor polished.  Round one to Romney.

Question, Can romney get any better as the debates go along? Can POTUS get any better as the debates go on?

Romney may have revealed his hand a little to early at the table.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »
R-Money goin and dream nice tonight.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »
shit Obama get Knock to f**k out on the first rounds mi see...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 01:48:18 AM »
Question, Can romney get any better as the debates go along? Can POTUS get any better as the debates go on?

Romney may have revealed his hand a little to early at the table.

Unlikely in my opinion that Romney will get any better... POTUS will only get better.  Remember, he spend the last gawd-knows-what months campaigning and doing other insignificant shit... like running de country.  Mittens was chilling with he boys doing mock debate every night.  Kudos to him, they program him well.  Barry was a shade of himself and can only go up from here.  A bit of a simplification on my part of course... but I think Obama has the higher ceiling at this point, no question.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
i hearing talk that bama was playing rope a dope with mittens. either way robomney II will be interesting
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »
My.02 is that Romney was going in with an advantage in that Obama was the incumbent with a record to defend. Romney was back against the wall based on his campaign performance and the polls. He had to come trumps. On the other hand Romney didn't really have much details to his proposals for the President to attack. Romney had the benefit of being able to say whatever he wanted and call it his policy details and Obama wasn't in a position to research and call him out on it unless it was blatant crap. The first Bush-Kerry debate had a similar vibe to it.

The second one will be more telling because Romney had to open his kimono and show his hand. So bet yuh money that Obama campaign taking everything he had to say and formulating rebuttals. I was kinda surprised how easily and boldface Romney changes his positions or denies previous positions for example him saying he not going to cut taxes by $5T and how he embraces Massachusetts health care after running from it like crazy during the primaries. Plus I seeing the fact checkers calling out Romney for being less that accurate.

Edit: Changed billion to trillion. Thanks for catching that Bakes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:51:45 PM by grimm01 »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »
My.02 is that Romney was going in with an advantage in that Obama was the incumbent with a record to defend. Romney was back against the wall based on his campaign performance and the polls. He had to come trumps. On the other hand Romney didn't really have much details to his proposals for the President to attack. Romney had the benefit of being able to say whatever he wanted and call it his policy details and Obama wasn't in a position to research and call him out on it unless it was blatant crap. The first Bush-Kerry debate had a similar vibe to it.

The second one will be more telling because Romney had to open his kimono and show his hand. So bet yuh money that Obama campaign taking everything he had to say and formulating rebuttals. I was kinda surprised how easily and boldface Romney changes his positions or denies previous positions for example him saying he not going to cut taxes by $5B and how he embraces Massachusetts health care after running from it like crazy during the primaries. Plus I seeing the fact checkers calling out Romney for being less that accurate.

$5 Trillion actually... will be interesting to see the stance taken by the Obama campaign after this latest denial, clearly it was an attack strategy as Obama hammered at it 4 or 5 times, each time drawing a denial by Romney.  Now the Dems have to back it up and make clear that either they were wrong about that... or Romney is dancing around a very big lie.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
 :rotfl:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:31:39 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:03:15 PM »

The second one will be more telling because Romney had to open his kimono and show his hand. So bet yuh money that Obama campaign taking everything he had to say and formulating rebuttals. I was kinda surprised how easily and boldface Romney changes his positions or denies previous positions for example him saying he not going to cut taxes by $5T and how he embraces Massachusetts health care after running from it like crazy during the primaries. Plus I seeing the fact checkers calling out Romney for being less that accurate. Edit: Changed billion to trillion. Thanks for catching that Bakes.

...and that's what I think part of the strategy was. To allow him rope to hang himself. Romney has no cork for he mouth as he has shown and sometimes you have to let a jackass bray.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 01:13:38 AM »
:rotfl:

daft yu nuh right at all man, yu nuh right...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:27 PM »
It has cursing so don't play loud if you at work etc.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/I_7vaGdQ3xw&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/I_7vaGdQ3xw&amp;</a>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:59:12 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>