April 24, 2024, 07:39:49 PM

Author Topic: Senior team blanked  (Read 11276 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior team blanked
« on: October 03, 2012, 04:44:25 PM »
Senior team blanked.
By Anthony Harford.

TTFF Marketing wishes to advise that it has received a negative response to the request for funding the airfares and allowances for the senior national football team to participate in the first round of the Caribbean Cup.

The email response came from the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Sport  Mr. Ashwin Creed who pointed out the ministry is concerned with development because of the abysmal performance of the national senior team.

TTFF marketing, which is charged with the responsibility for marketing and events at the TTFF put in a request for airfares, including the return of five overseas based players, player and staff stipends a weekend camp before leaving and accommodation for 4 persons, as the CFU pays accommodation for 25 of the party of 29. The total requested was TT$423,218.

The TTFF is severely strapped for cash as there has been no government funding since March and the sponsorship funds raised to date have supported the under 17 and under 20 teams both of which played their qualifiers without government support.

TTFF  marketing has learnt that the ministry has since paid one bill for the under 17 tournament, but this has not been communicated to TTFF marketing nor the TTFF by the ministry.

It is understood that this invoice was just over $250,000 and paid directly to a hotel. TTFF marketing is continuing its drive to meet the other outstanding invoices for these national teams including payment to other hotels, coaches, catering and transport.

The latest decision by the Ministry may mean the national senior team may have to withdraw from the Caribbean Cup and face CFU and FIFA sanctions.  This will also deprive the country of possible participation in the Gold Cup carded for 2013.

See below an extract from Mr Creed's email to TTFF Marketing director Anthony Harford.

Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:20 PM
To: Anthony Harford
Subject: Re: National Senior Team Travel

With regards to the support for the senior team you have been informed on several occasions that the Ministry focus is on development given the abysmal performance of the senior team.

As you are aware their is a note before the Cabinet to treat with the way forward for football. This note is predicated on two consultations held on a development plan for football. The Ministry will be guided by the recommendations of this note following the approval of Cabinet
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:37:36 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior team blanked
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
Shouldn't a PS know the difference between "their" and "there"?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
Puppet Anil conveniently silent again. While jack pulls his strings
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 05:36:15 PM »
Let the chips fall where they may

TTFF has a responsibility to ensure the participation of national teams in regional tournaments at all levels.

If those who want to be in charge cannot get this done then please let us take our sanctions and let these people leave.

I have no sentiment about young players missing chances to showcase etc.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:37:13 PM »
Creed boi keep up d good work that Jack and Anil hv u doin.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:41:44 PM »
"It good for we!!" 

-Big Magician

"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 05:50:28 PM »
Stunning really... money to fete Olympic medalists, money for "pre-budget" rally... but no money for football b/c they not happy with development.  It begs the question, was there any "development" while Jack was in charge?  One gets the feeling that Jack tightening the noose on the TTFF for having the temerity to buck him in court.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 05:58:22 PM »
Jack doesn't care about football , only his own personal agenda. But we all know this already, beating a dead horse. Wonder what will the excuse be this time.
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 05:58:36 PM »
Stunning really... money to fete Olympic medalists, money for "pre-budget" rally... but no money for football b/c they not happy with development.  It begs the question, was there any "development" while Jack was in charge?  One gets the feeling that Jack tightening the noose on the TTFF for having the temerity to buck him in court.

You get a feeling??  That sound like you eh sure.  I eh know why. Is Jack we talking about here boss.  If he cyar play, he take he balls and gone home with them....nasty, stinking, dutty, vampire.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 06:11:23 PM »
What is amazing is that.

1. Jack could still get people do obey him (Anil and now conthole Creed).

2. And even all of this, the TTFF still refusing to sink Jack and join the 06 Warriors to bring down the clown.

3. What is the TTFF plans, to sit and beg or seek until better comes. They know they not getting any Government help a long time ago, get yuh ass up nah and throw some blasted fete match to help make some money, sell something, do something.

4. The TTF should sack Brendon Creed from the Under 17 team, fight fire with fire, f00ck it.

5. Anil Roberts is a panty man and every rope have a end, I just hope he fall so flat he oneday not even a fly would shit on him.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 06:17:59 PM »
right, so everybody can wash their mouth now on the officials, shucks! my question is can we do anything? how practical is it for the football organisation in this country to expect the govt to foot the bill every time for every expense. Is there any way to raise funds without going cap in hand to gov't officials? are there any fund raising options? how can corporate people be persuaded to commit funds to assist the team? does the team have a plan? come on so many geniuses on this forum- people with real talents- can't we help the team? we are called 'soca warriors.net' ....
if and when the team starts to win competitions, everybody will jump on the wagon- but the team has to get there first- come on people

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 06:23:55 PM »
Kamla just give ah man one million dollars that he didn't ask for and ah house worth mils on federation park, but they can't run 450,000 dollars??

hartford and dem will just have to go to the private sector and see if they raised the money, but they can't with draw from this tourney.

to jack warner the cockroach.
all the hell that yuh give boynes and hunt for not funding your greed and knowing what you know, yuh turn and endorse this, i thought on top of all the BS that you did in the past, that maybe you have a limit, but i was wrong.

it eh have nutten you could do that would make me see you in a humane light ever again, yuhs ah fackin evil bastard and your legacy will testify to that!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:25:51 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 06:33:11 PM »
right, so everybody can wash their mouth now on the officials, shucks! my question is can we do anything? how practical is it for the football organisation in this country to expect the govt to foot the bill every time for every expense. Is there any way to raise funds without going cap in hand to gov't officials? are there any fund raising options? how can corporate people be persuaded to commit funds to assist the team? does the team have a plan? come on so many geniuses on this forum- people with real talents- can't we help the team? we are called 'soca warriors.net' ....
if and when the team starts to win competitions, everybody will jump on the wagon- but the team has to get there first- come on people
Breds, jack and camps were the masters of that, and when they was trough they left the federation bankrupt after pocketing 188 mill TTD.

this fund raising thing would be ah new entity for the TTFF. every federation in the world relies on the business sector for funding, as far as i know, no other federation rely on the country for funding, maybe they have their own companies and investments that fuel their sustenance,  but raffles and shows, i'm not aware of that.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »
This why Guyana will continue to cut we arse in football and gold cup will be like qualifying for the world cup to us. I am nostalgic for the days when we use to win the regional competition....

Oh well, this is the new world.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
I dont' mind withholding funds from incompetents. Let de fokkers resign.

However, the reason given by Creed is BS.

Guess this is what happens when JW puppies are given a job.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 07:12:48 PM »
As much as Jack had his tentacles in the TTFF for dozens of years. Nobody ever elect Jack into any local federation since 1990. Everybody since then has allowed him to manipulate them and they have all flouted his mantra of no accountability and transparency. Now that he take all d money and gone they crying foul, the whole house must come crumbling down.

Football is big business all over d world with self sustaining models examples abound. But the problem here is that nobody is going to privately financially support anything with a perception of corruption.

If the TTFF manage to send a team somehow i will wish them all the best best but any progress only fortifies them retards in the mind that they doing something good.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 07:13:09 PM »

You get a feeling??  That sound like you eh sure.  I eh know why. Is Jack we talking about here boss.  If he cyar play, he take he balls and gone home with them....nasty, stinking, dutty, vampire.....

I doh levy accusations lightly... I have no proof so I ent saying ;)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
Warriors pay costs for TTFF/Sport Ministry conflict
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) marketing manager Anthony Harford accused Sport Minister Anil Roberts of attempting to create a parallel organisation to run local football as the conflict intensified between the two sporting bodies.
Roberts has consistently snubbed the TTFF since National Security Minister Jack Warner asked him to starve the local football body of funds in a letter on 20 April 2012, which was subsequently leaked to Wired868.com.
And Trinidad and Tobago’s senior national team players look set to suffer as a result with the squad’s participation in the upcoming 2012 Digicel Caribbean Cup now in doubt. The TTFF, via a press release yesterday, said the Ministry’s refusal to fund the team could mean its withdrawal from the Caribbean Cup, which serves as a qualifier for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and possible CFU and FIFA sanctions as well.
“This is our chance to continue our football programme and if these players miss out on tournaments like this it will set us back many, many years,” said national team technical director Anton Corneal. “I feel sorry for the young players that normally would get exposure in this tournament. This is an opportunity for them to go and show what they can do and make a better living for themselves.”
An email allegedly sent by Ashwin Creed, Permanent Secretary to the Sport Ministry, to the TTFF suggested that the senior team was unworthy of funding.
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/10/04/warriors-pay-cost-for-ttffsport-ministry-conflict/

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 11:47:11 PM »
This really is disgusting. There is no way that the Govt of T&T should sit back and let this happen. However, it is clear that the Minister of National Security is influencing the Minister of Sport. Anil Roberts should make a clear and precise statement to explain why he is damaging not just the development of football in T&T, but also the international reputation of Trinidad & Tobago which has already been tarnished by Jack Warner.

Whether or not he funds TTFF, he could still support the national team in an important tournament. If he's not happy with AllSport, then appoint someone else to work with TTFF. Whats wrong with SPORTT making the arrangements so no money touches TTFF?

It is clear to me that this is vindictiveness by Warner, supported by Roberts, who should be ashamed of his actions.

How can you pay $10 million to promote basketball, but not pay less than $500k to support the nations top sport?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 01:20:36 AM »
I said it first long long time ago...TNT will be without a national team real soon and I think the time is here... what a f**king shame ..... its better off this way instead we going and shit dung we self ..

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:41 AM »
Warriors pay costs for TTFF/Sport Ministry conflict
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) marketing manager Anthony Harford accused Sport Minister Anil Roberts of attempting to create a parallel organisation to run local football as the conflict intensified between the two sporting bodies.
Roberts has consistently snubbed the TTFF since National Security Minister Jack Warner asked him to starve the local football body of funds in a letter on 20 April 2012, which was subsequently leaked to Wired868.com.
And Trinidad and Tobago’s senior national team players look set to suffer as a result with the squad’s participation in the upcoming 2012 Digicel Caribbean Cup now in doubt. The TTFF, via a press release yesterday, said the Ministry’s refusal to fund the team could mean its withdrawal from the Caribbean Cup, which serves as a qualifier for the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, and possible CFU and FIFA sanctions as well.
“This is our chance to continue our football programme and if these players miss out on tournaments like this it will set us back many, many years,” said national team technical director Anton Corneal. “I feel sorry for the young players that normally would get exposure in this tournament. This is an opportunity for them to go and show what they can do and make a better living for themselves.”
An email allegedly sent by Ashwin Creed, Permanent Secretary to the Sport Ministry, to the TTFF suggested that the senior team was unworthy of funding.
Read More: http://www.wired868.com/2012/10/04/warriors-pay-cost-for-ttffsport-ministry-conflict/

Good stuff Lasana... too early fo'day morning to go thru the entire article, but ah di'n know about de leaked letter telling Anil tuh squeeze de TTFF stones.  Will digest once ah land.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:33 AM »
This really is disgusting. There is no way that the Govt of T&T should sit back and let this happen. However, it is clear that the Minister of National Security is influencing the Minister of Sport. Anil Roberts should make a clear and precise statement to explain why he is damaging not just the development of football in T&T, but also the international reputation of Trinidad & Tobago which has already been tarnished by Jack Warner.

Whether or not he funds TTFF, he could still support the national team in an important tournament. If he's not happy with AllSport, then appoint someone else to work with TTFF. Whats wrong with SPORTT making the arrangements so no money touches TTFF?

It is clear to me that this is vindictiveness by Warner, supported by Roberts, who should be ashamed of his actions.

How can you pay $10 million to promote basketball, but not pay less than $500k to support the nations top sport?

Cricket need money too?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No money for Caribbean Cup.
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:18 AM »
What has become of TT football when we dont have money to take part in the Caribbean Cup,come back JW all is forgiven,at least we had money during his time.The likes of Grenada and St.Vincent will be taking part,what a sad stat of affairs.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 03:19:05 AM »
This is not a good time to come with this argument, but i will say what's been on my mind for a while regardless, and now maybe a good time as any.

i know it have nuff members who dislike the way i does roll, sometimes i may come over as very shallow and offensive especially to the non afro brothers on the site, and some may even go as far as to even insinuate that i may have bigoted views, but i'm here to clear the air on how i really feel, and have been feeling for quite a few yrs.

not that it's anyone concern, but i have been having a change of heart since 4yrs ago when i have been having problems with family members , which caused to take a closer look @ my life and the ppl around me, and when i did that i got ah rude awakening.

all along i used to see white ppl and any other ethnic group as my enemies (hateful, grudgeful, and hold a ton of malice towards black ppl,), i saw my ppl as the ultimate and the rest as oppressors which was very naive of me. up until four yr ago i ws livin with blinkers on (could only see in one direction) but when i started reflecting on life i saw where "my" people was my biggest enemies and oppressors!

ppl , the more i opened my eyes the more i see how devious my ppl was, especially towards each other. i looked @ all my breddren who pick up corn and lose their lives over real trivial shyte, things that could have been squashed with simple reasoning, but wind up in the death of ah healthy young man / woman over the ego manic negro sub culture.

the reason i'm coming off like this is bc jack wanrer is a perfect exmaple of what i'm eluding to. i telling yuhs ppl , that this man has all the indgredience to make a very good gang leader, he's cold , malicious , selfish and vindictive, all the makings of a very good scum bag.

i watch @ plenty black men in authority the wo4rld over and almost all of them are sooooo detached from the needs of the ppl in their care that it's mind boggling.

yrs ago i used to bigup black ppl no matter what, buyt now iu see them i a very different light, and can't help but feel that the most disgusting ppl on the earth IMO is (and i generaliz9ng here) black fackin ppl!  not bc of what jak did, but for the fact that i see these ppl's action every day, and i must say that i loathe these people including jack warner, i wish him all the worst that black muggly cocks#cker!

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 03:21:34 AM by just cool »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: No money for Caribbean Cup.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 04:13:24 AM »
What has become of TT football when we dont have money to take part in the Caribbean Cup,come back JW all is forgiven,at least we had money during his time.

Nice joke, money not going to solve our problems
Youtube Channel

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 04:15:33 AM »
Remember guys, Jack Warner is KING of Trinidad and Tobago and the faster you guys learn to accept this the easier your heart will burn you.

No money for the current TTFF until they resign and it will continue to be this way, I will personally make sure of this.

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down, now the TTFF will have to go through the same fete, Jack will strangle them until they eventually break.

The Trinidad and Tobago team will face FIFA saction very soon.   :devil:

Football in T&T will be dead and this site will soon follow as their will be nothing to write about or publish. Jack wins again and the funny thing is, he is not even in football anymore...!!!!

Just cool, a personal message for you, Jack is the smartest blackman you will ever meet.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 04:22:19 AM »
Sad day indeed! But anyone here really thinks T&T was going to win the Digicel Cup, or much less make a note in the Gold Cup if qualified? Obvious politricks aside, from a Business standpoint it makes sense... Why throw half a million down the drain? Let Gov't and Corporate T&T pump money instead to an Under 17 program...

Lasana, buss the letter from JW to Spalk nah!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 04:43:51 AM »
Remember guys, Jack Warner is KING of Trinidad and Tobago and the faster you guys learn to accept this the easier your heart will burn you.

No money for the current TTFF until they resign and it will continue to be this way, I will personally make sure of this.

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down, now the TTFF will have to go through the same fete, Jack will strangle them until they eventually break.

Football in T&T will be dead and this site will soon follow as their will be nothing to write about or publish. Jack wins again and the funny thing is, he is not even in football anymore...!!!!

Just cool, a personal message for you, Jack is the smartest blackman you will ever meet.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down
  This one statement now makes me realise that you really don't know whats going on or how your lover is running around panicking behind the scenes as he sees the 17th October court date approaching.

Horner, roll over in bed, give your boy a kiss and ask him how it feels to know his world will collapse in two weeks time!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Senior team blanked
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 04:54:28 AM »

And you proud of this? Lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 05:31:51 AM »

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down
  This one statement now makes me realise that you really don't know whats going on or how your lover is running around panicking behind the scenes as he sees the 17th October court date approaching.

Horner, roll over in bed, give your boy a kiss and ask him how it feels to know his world will collapse in two weeks time!!

October 17th....noted!!  I meant to ask when is the next date a while now.....
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

1]; } ?>