April 28, 2024, 01:10:37 AM

Author Topic: Senior team blanked  (Read 11307 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior team blanked
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down
  This one statement now makes me realise that you really don't know whats going on or how your lover is running around panicking behind the scenes as he sees the 17th October court date approaching.

Horner, roll over in bed, give your boy a kiss and ask him how it feels to know his world will collapse in two weeks time!!

October 17th....noted!!  I meant to ask when is the next date a while now.....

It's the contempt of court hearing, but it will impact tremendously on the actual case.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
NO CARIBBEAN CUP
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 07:44:25 AM »
Not sure if this was already posted....sorry if it's a repost

NO CARIBBEAN CUP
Ministry of Sport blanks senior footballers
By IAN PRESCOTT

Story Created: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM ECT

Story Updated: Oct 4, 2012 at 12:06 AM ECT

Trinidad and Tobago football has hit a new low.

Six years after playing in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, the Soca Warriors will not compete in the Caribbean Cup--unless a major sponsor comes forward in the next week. This comes after the Ministry of Sport, headed by Anil Roberts, blanked a $423,218 request from the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) to fund the team's participation in the opening round of Caribbean qualifying, due to take place in St Kitts-Nevis.

T&T are due to play French Guiana on October 10 in Basseterre, Anguilla two days later, and hosts St Kitts-Nevis on October 14.

But on Tuesday, the marketing arm of the TTFF received notice from the Ministry, which indicated it will not support the senior team, based on T&T's elimination from World Cup qualifying by Guyana, last November. The Ministry's position was relayed by Permanent Secretary Ashwin Creed in an e-mail to Anthony Harford, who heads the TTFF'S marketing arm.

"With regards to the support for the senior team you have been informed on several occasions that the Ministry focus is on development given the abysmal performance of the senior team," Creed declared. "As you are aware there is a note before the Cabinet to treat with the way forward for football. This note is predicated on two consultations held on a development plan for football. The Ministry will be guided by the recommendations of this note following the approval of Cabinet."

T&T is the most successful country in the history of Caribbean football, having competed in all 17 tournaments, winning eight times. Jamaica have won five titles. The Caribbean Cup is a qualifier for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which serves as preparation for FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Yesterday, Harford informed the media of the Ministry's shock decision not to support the national team.

"TTFF marketing wishes to advise that it has received a negative response to the request for funding the airfares and allowances for the senior national football team to participate in the first round of the Caribbean Cup. The email response came from the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Sport, Mr. Ashwin Creed, who pointed out the ministry is concerned with development because of the abysmal performance of the national senior team," Harford said. "TTFF marketing, which is charged with the responsibility for marketing and events at the TTFF put in a request for airfares, including the return of five overseas-based players, player and staff stipends, a weekend camp before leaving, and accommodation for four persons, as the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) pays accommodation for 25 of the party of 29. The total requested was TT$423,218."

Harford told the Express that while talks were ongoing with potential sponsors, nothing was confirmed. He said that while the TTFF had raised some funds earlier this year, all went into the preparation of the Olympic men's team and under-17 and under-20 women's teams for qualifying tournaments.

"The TTFF is severely strapped for cash as there has been no Government funding since March and the sponsorship funds raised to date have supported the under 17 and under 20 teams both of which played their qualifiers without Government support. TTFF marketing has learnt that the Ministry has since paid one bill for the under 17 tournament, but this has not been communicated to TTFF marketing nor the TTFF by the Ministry. It is understood that this invoice was just over $250,000 and paid directly to a hotel. TTFF marketing is continuing its drive to meet the other outstanding invoices for these national teams, including payment to other hotels, coaches, catering and transport."

WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:13 AM »

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down
  This one statement now makes me realise that you really don't know whats going on or how your lover is running around panicking behind the scenes as he sees the 17th October court date approaching.

Horner, roll over in bed, give your boy a kiss and ask him how it feels to know his world will collapse in two weeks time!!

October 17th....noted!!  I meant to ask when is the next date a while now.....

co-signnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:41 AM »

Remember guys, Jack Warner is KING of Trinidad and Tobago and the faster you guys learn to accept this the easier your heart will burn you.

No money for the current TTFF until they resign and it will continue to be this way, I will personally make sure of this.

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down, now the TTFF will have to go through the same fete, Jack will strangle them until they eventually break.

The Trinidad and Tobago team will face FIFA saction very soon.   :devil:

Football in T&T will be dead and this site will soon follow as their will be nothing to write about or publish. Jack wins again and the funny thing is, he is not even in football anymore...!!!!
Just cool, a personal message for you, Jack is the smartest blackman you will ever meet.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz explain to me how the death of football in this country makes Jack Warner a winner.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:41:33 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
No Caribbean Cup for T&T Senior Team...
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/NO_CARIBBEAN_CUP-172590221.html

NO CARIBBEAN CUP

By IAN PRESCOTT

Six years after playing in the 2006 FIFA World Cup, the Soca Warriors will not compete in the Caribbean Cup--unless a major sponsor comes forward in the next week. This comes after the Ministry of Sport, headed by Anil Roberts, blanked a $423,218 request from the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) to fund the team's participation in the opening round of Caribbean qualifying, due to take place in St Kitts-Nevis.

T&T are due to play French Guiana on October 10 in Basseterre, Anguilla two days later, and hosts St Kitts-Nevis on October 14.

But on Tuesday, the marketing arm of the TTFF received notice from the Ministry, which indicated it will not support the senior team, based on T&T's elimination from World Cup qualifying by Guyana, last November. The Ministry's position was relayed by Permanent Secretary Ashwin Creed in an e-mail to Anthony Harford, who heads the TTFF'S marketing arm.

"With regards to the support for the senior team you have been informed on several occasions that the Ministry focus is on development given the abysmal performance of the senior team," Creed declared. "As you are aware there is a note before the Cabinet to treat with the way forward for football. This note is predicated on two consultations held on a development plan for football. The Ministry will be guided by the recommendations of this note following the approval of Cabinet."
T&T is the most successful country in the history of Caribbean football, having competed in all 17 tournaments, winning eight times. Jamaica have won five titles. The Caribbean Cup is a qualifier for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which serves as preparation for FIFA World Cup qualifiers.
Yesterday, Harford informed the media of the Ministry's shock decision not to support the national team.

"TTFF marketing wishes to advise that it has received a negative response to the request for funding the airfares and allowances for the senior national football team to participate in the first round of the Caribbean Cup. The email response came from the permanent secretary in the Ministry of Sport, Mr. Ashwin Creed, who pointed out the ministry is concerned with development because of the abysmal performance of the national senior team," Harford said. "TTFF marketing, which is charged with the responsibility for marketing and events at the TTFF put in a request for airfares, including the return of five overseas-based players, player and staff stipends, a weekend camp before leaving, and accommodation for four persons, as the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) pays accommodation for 25 of the party of 29. The total requested was TT$423,218."
Harford told the Express that while talks were ongoing with potential sponsors, nothing was confirmed. He said that while the TTFF had raised some funds earlier this year, all went into the preparation of the Olympic men's team and under-17 and under-20 women's teams for qualifying tournaments.

"The TTFF is severely strapped for cash as there has been no Government funding since March and the sponsorship funds raised to date have supported the under 17 and under 20 teams both of which played their qualifiers without Government support. TTFF marketing has learnt that the Ministry has since paid one bill for the under 17 tournament, but this has not been communicated to TTFF marketing nor the TTFF by the Ministry. It is understood that this invoice was just over $250,000 and paid directly to a hotel. TTFF marketing is continuing its drive to meet the other outstanding invoices for these national teams, including payment to other hotels, coaches, catering and transport."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »

Remember guys, Jack Warner is KING of Trinidad and Tobago and the faster you guys learn to accept this the easier your heart will burn you.

No money for the current TTFF until they resign and it will continue to be this way, I will personally make sure of this.

You see it took 5 years for the 2006 Soca Warriors to calm down, now the TTFF will have to go through the same fete, Jack will strangle them until they eventually break.

Football in T&T will be dead and this site will soon follow as their will be nothing to write about or publish. Jack wins again and the funny thing is, he is not even in football anymore...!!!!
Just cool, a personal message for you, Jack is the smartest blackman you will ever meet.

Jack will rise again and the world will beg for him to come back and I hope he says NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz explain to me how the death of football in this country makes Jack Warner a winner.

Ent, Men have real misguided goals. The man happy it have no football in the country and proud of it. Football doesn't belong to anyone
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 08:52:16 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 09:07:27 AM »

Ent, Men have real misguided goals. The man happy it have no football in the country and proud of it. Football doesn't belong to anyone

what do you expect when the poster is Jack himself (Directly or indirectly)! It just goes to show the selfishness of the man. Thief all the money and then party when the game dies and players suffer.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
Every time I think T&T football can't fall any further they manage to surprise me.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
I think we should all chip in and help the team?
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 09:37:58 AM »
I know I may get some stick for this, but I think we should all chip in and help the T&T senior team?

Truetrini did mention to me a while back about supporting the T&T Women U-17 team and I too was reluctant because of the people (some) in office, however, the buck needs to stop somewhere.

Again, I myself are not too happy with some of the current personnel there, but I say we give it one last ditch to see if things could change for the better. Hopefully the TTFF will get the message and try to stand on their two feet for future events and not rely on our Government (but that's a long story)....

In the meantime, If we unity people like Warner, Creed and Roberts cannot continue to win. They have that bond, we need to do the same....

Let us stand behind our team guys.

Another suggestion is and this is only a suggestion, the foreign players should all chip in as well or the ones invited, buy their own tickets? again, just a suggestion, but we need to stand up for each other.

Anyone wishing to donate can contact; Click Here.

Regards.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:40:40 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2012, 09:48:34 AM »

Build a shrine to him.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 09:48:55 AM »
This is a sick and disgusting behind the scenes reprisal on the part of Jackula Warner's part. Someone needs to  literally put him to the sword. :pissedoff:
jjbrown

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/NO_CARIBBEAN_CUP-172590221.html

NO CARIBBEAN CUP

By IAN PRESCOTT

As sympathetic as I am towards the National team, I would continue to ask how TTFF are funding their legal team in the 2006 case. Next date is the 17th October. If they bring down a Q.C. from England, he will cost around TT$250,000 plus business/first class travel and hotel. That would virtually cover the national team costs. Option 2 would be to work WITH the 2006 players and recover the $100 million from the LOC. That would fund the national team for 10 years.
I would help anybody in financial difficulty....but only if they were fighting for themselves, which TTFF clearly are not.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I think we should all chip in and help the team?
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 09:55:27 AM »
Flex, your intentions are pure, but I feel you are just assisting those who should not be assisted. Save your money for when they've gone. If the people of T&T are prepared to let this happen, so help them. No ones marching in the streets or standing outside the Ministry of Sport. Keeping football on life support won't help. Let it die. And when it's dead along with the carrion that have lived off its carcass have left to pick other bones, football can be reinvented. And come election time, we must remind T&T of Anils role in its demise.

As sympathetic as I am towards the National team, I would continue to ask how TTFF are funding their legal team in the 2006 case. Next date is the 17th October. If they bring down a Q.C. from England, he will cost around TT$250,000 plus business/first class travel and hotel. That would virtually cover the national team costs. Option 2 would be to work WITH the 2006 players and recover the $100 million from the LOC. That would fund the national team for 10 years.
I would help anybody in financial difficulty....but only if they were fighting for themselves, which TTFF clearly are not.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 10:38:26 AM »
Good work Flex, I've just donated one TT dollar to your cause.

That should pay for one head of lettuce from Anton.

These guys prefer to sell lettuce in the market for themselves than sell T&T shirts and tickets for the T&T team.

How can they beat Jack.

Nice one Flex, but T&T football will always suffer because the fans do not care.
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »
They say if you can't wow people with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit.

This from a TTFF insider: Another TTFF insider, who spoke on condition of anonymity, agreed with Harford’s conclusion.

“I can’t understand how (the Sport Ministry) can allow one person to have so much control,” he said, “and how man can be so vindictive. How can Anil Roberts think this is fair?” :rotfl: :cursing:

Jackass controlled you and your incompetent, unprofessional, kindergarten bullshit organization for years. Yeah, one man. The same vindictive man that you and the rest of the dim wits over there in the TTFF are so afraid of.
This is my message to you and the rest of dim wits at the TTFF: It is now time to get you"ll heads out of your asses and man up. Step aside for the sake of those children Cornmeal referred to in his attempt to collect sympathy from those of us not baffled by the bullshit and to play the scare game, ala, the Republican Party here in the U.S., with those who are sympathizers.
You cannot be serious. Idiot, please don't. ???
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »
I think we will do more for football in this country if we focus our energies on getting rid of the current administration rather than propping up the teams.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
I think we will do more for football in this country if we focus our energies on getting rid of the current administration rather than propping up the teams.

Pardners, I think I'm with you on this one.  Flex, I know this must be real hurting eh, but ENOUGH!!  I'm sorry but not my little kakada.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 11:17:07 AM »

what do you expect when the poster is Jack himself (Directly or indirectly)! It just goes to show the selfishness of the man. Thief all the money and then party when the game dies and players suffer.

How will Jack win ?  He gets his way regardless of the outcome. 
Doh forget Jack is the proprietor of the TTFF, so even if sponsors jump in and help the team, things continue as they are now...TTFF still come out smelling nice.  If he doesn't put money...no love lost...money still in he pocket.

The only real way to hurt Jack now rests on the court case with the warriors.  Although it done looking as though the judge pandering to Jack already.  Anybody else woulda done get they arse hauled to jailed for not following the court's instructions.  It looking as though everybody in office fraid this man called Jack Warner.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
I could understand where Flex coming from...but remember for how many years we wear jerseys at games ? Remember how we print signs and banners ?  Remember how we talked about boycotting the team games...just to prove we disgust with the football operations ?
Remember how men would still go to the games...some men hiding from having to show support for the cause.  Well truth be told...deep down inside we still wanted the best for our national teams and we wanted to see good football...in spite of the corruption in TTFF.

Well look we ent have to do a damn thing now...massa day come.  But yes I know...we still feel the urge to help out the boys.  But will we really be helping them with handouts ?

I drop mih breds home the other day...he was rushing to go in the airport to pick up his son who played against Canada with the national team last month.  He telling me he couldn't understand why he got a call at midnight telling him to bring his son to the airport for 6am to leave with the NT to play Canada.  Well we know now is only because the National Lotteries Board stepped in last minute and give the team a bligh.  They just called up whoever was available (and had visas), no matter what age, and tell them come and take a sweat.  A youth man on the current Pres team was just hanging out in the area over there...went to watch the game and the coach call him and give him a sweat...just so just so he win a national cap.

I feel we might create a situation that have them wondering "so we getting to play this game...but what about the game after this one...and the one after that one...and the one after...."

It hard enough training hard and not knowing whether yuh making the team or not...It can't be right having to buss yuh arse in training, make the team, and then not knowing whether yuh going to the tournament or not.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »
The irony of it all is the pretext under which they refuse to fund the senior team, claiming football development or the lack thereof which that blame goes sorely on the previous president mr oliver camps and special adviser (back door president, AKA wizard of OZ, the unseen hand) jack warner, the same man who is now silent during this whole debacle.

why weren't they worried about development in late 2010 when they went and hire the german, or 7 months after when we had not played a solitary game in prep for WCQ?

king dese, i agree with you, but there are ppl who were never stooges to jack in the past admin, and according to my breddren who happens to know the present president very well,  lennex watson was never a jack yes man, and he used to dog camps for being soft and not having the balls to stand up to jack.

yeh, though watson was a good friend of jack, he also had the strength of mind to put jack in his place if he felt encroached on, i believe that this man has the potential to make a good pres, he just came @ the wrong time. like i said before, i believe in hartford and watson, i believe if these men are given the chance they could make the necessary change that is needed in football, but they just need ah break.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 12:37:14 PM »
The irony of it all is the pretext under which they refuse to fund the senior team, claiming football development or the lack thereof which that blame goes sorely on the previous president mr oliver camps and special adviser (back door president, AKA wizard of OZ, the unseen hand) jack warner, the same man who is now silent during this whole debacle.

why weren't they worried about development in late 2010 when they went and hire the german, or 7 months after when we had not played a solitary game in prep for WCQ?

king dese, i agree with you, but there are ppl who were never stooges to jack in the past admin, and according to my breddren who happens to know the present president very well,  lennex watson was never a jack yes man, and he used to dog camps for being soft and not having the balls to stand up to jack.

yeh, though watson was a good friend of jack, he also had the strength of mind to put jack in his place if he felt encroached on, i believe that this man has the potential to make a good pres, he just came @ the wrong time. like i said before, i believe in hartford and watson, i believe if these men are given the chance they could make the necessary change that is needed in football, but they just need ah break.

JC...if you hear from some of the players in the East zone, especially the Prisons football team, they will disagree with your breds opinion of Lennox Watson.  Actually most people feel is because he was Jack's yes man...that is the reason he get the wuk. :-\

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 12:54:14 PM »

That eh no damn jack, that is either one of the many sick twisted posters on the board who's afraid to express how they truly feel, or @ best some one of jack's lap dogs, but definitely not jack warner, @ least i hope not, for jack's sake.

PS: this monkey only comes around to rile up the members and then vanishes into the night, like ah real chi-chi, he don't respond to no kind of collective reasoning, he comes , he sh!ts and then leaves it for us to clean up after.

do you know how many times i have put questions to this tree monkey and he in turn never responds, legitimate questions @ that, so simple that a fifth grader could understand it, and he is yet to responds.

allyuh doh waste yuhs time with this gimp, bc he's not into solutions, just antagonism and intimidation, but no solutions or productive discourse.  i'm afraid he's just as dunce and fickle as his master.   

BTW blatter is still waiting on this tsunami,  could you imagine this dumbell went on record talking this dunce talk that could be seen all over the planet, what ah fackin embarrassment he iz.  yeh jack would raise again, i which he raise the fack up out of T&T and leave we alone!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
In one sense the answer to this question isn't too difficult. But, in another it is. I eh want to muddy the waters or complicate the issue, but it's like a philosophical puzzle.

Is there a solution that "hurts" the TTFF but does not bring suffering to players (seniors or juniors)?

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
In one sense the answer to this question isn't too difficult. But, in another it is. I eh want to muddy the waters or complicate the issue, but it's like a philosophical puzzle.

Is there a solution that "hurts" the TTFF but does not bring suffering to players (seniors or juniors)?

A hostile take-over  ;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 01:07:21 PM »
:)

Ah mean, if a man donate $$$ to the cause (not a one-off but in terms of longer-term funding) ... he couldn't sensibly do so without wanting certain things or guarantees put in place ... and if iz ah one-man bankrolling de thing ... all that gives rise to is a substitute Jackula, ent?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 01:09:26 PM »
In the interim, I would rather fund players to go abroad to pursue opportunities/training than to put on a charade in national team colours under present arrangements.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 01:31:09 PM »
This is really not about football. Almost every aspect of this situation reflects some poor values that have crept into and infected our society since the 1960's-1970's.

Jack Warner's long, unopposed, and continuing reign as the head honcho of football is nothing more than 'Great Man' syndrome. When people are wayward, lazy and lack ambition they fall for the cult of personality epitomized by the likes of character's like Warner and his so called 'generosity'.

No football initiatives undertaken now will bear fruit. No amount of high calibre practice games, youth development, starboy coach, starboy players, caribbean cup, gold cup, world cup, youth world cup will change anything. The state of football is only a reflection of deeper underlying problems. The situation WILL continue to get worse until, and only until, these problems begin to be addressed.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 01:38:02 PM »
Horner...haul allyuh stinking greedy evil C#NTS...STRAIGHT TO HELL FOR ALLYUH
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 01:53:23 PM »

JC...if you hear from some of the players in the East zone, especially the Prisons football team, they will disagree with your breds opinion of Lennox Watson.  Actually most people feel is because he was Jack's yes man...that is the reason he get the wuk. :-\
Breds hear meh well, i not trying to paint a pretty picture of watson, as a matter fact there's nothing for me to gain in defending him. 

but the fact remains, the only reason this sanctions is taking place is BC he formed an alliance with with hartford and put some distance between himself and jack, now if he is truly a "yesman" as you say, then he would still be in jack's good graces and we would not be having this conversation.

the fact that the man was willing to abandon jack's influence and swayed in the direction that is better for our football is testament that the man unlike camps has chosen an independent position.

yeh i know bout the zones and all the other power plays, and that was foul, but the way how things is with T&T football, i would rather take a life time of watson than a season of camps, after all, when yuh between the devil and the deep blue sea and choices are extremely limited, ah raft does look ah hell of ah lot better than ah floating log.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Breds hear meh well, i not trying to paint a pretty picture of watson, as a matter fact there's nothing for me to gain in defending him. 

but the fact remains, the only reason this sanctions is taking place is BC he formed an alliance with with hartford and put some distance between himself and jack, now if he is truly a "yesman" as you say, then he would still be in jack's good graces and we would not be having this conversation.

the fact that the man was willing to abandon jack's influence and swayed in the direction that is better for our football is testament that the man unlike camps has chosen an independent position.

yeh i know bout the zones and all the other power plays, and that was foul, but the way how things is with T&T football, i would rather take a life time of watson than a season of camps, after all, when yuh between the devil and the deep blue sea and choices are extremely limited, ah raft does look ah hell of ah lot better than ah floating log.

Me ent saying yea or nay...me ent even know the man.  I just saying...PLENTY people would disagree with yuh breds opinion that is all.  As I am sure a lot of people also agree with yuh breds opinion.

1]; } ?>