April 19, 2024, 12:37:07 PM

Author Topic: Central edges Police for maiden Pro League win  (Read 2331 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Central edges Police for maiden Pro League win
« on: October 19, 2012, 06:56:01 PM »
Central edges Police for maiden Pro League win
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

Former Trinidad and Tobago utility player Anthony Wolfe enjoyed a piece of history for new Digicel Pro League club, Central FC, this evening with the first ever competitive goal for the “Sharks” as the Couva-based outfit edged Police FC 1-0 at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella.

It was a nervy affair for English coach Graham Rix, though, as Central failed to get an insurance item and was fortunate not to concede an equaliser in the closing minutes.

In fact, Police should have scored first through former Under-17 World Cup player Stephen Knox in the 56th minute. But Knox hit over from just inside the area after good approach play from Vernell Ramirez and with Dexter Alleyne free to his left.

Central, who started with a 4-5-1 system, introduced an additional striker in the form of Darryl Trim, in the 62nd minute, and it proved to be a good omen.

Read More

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:17:52 PM by Flex »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Central edges Police for maiden Pro League win
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
How big was de crowd?? ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
Horner whey yuh?  ::)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 09:33:31 PM »
How big was de crowd?? ;D

Not as good as we hoped. I'd say that there were no more than 500 by the end of the game. However, I weould say at least 50% were backing Central. Their fans made lots of noise and many were sporting Central F.C. polos and T shirts.

There is still a gap between the Central players performance in training matches compared to competitive games, but that can only get better with time. There was concern about Keion Goodridge who had over 5 minutes of treatment on the pitch due to a neck injury. He was taken straight to hospital, and thankfully, there was no serious damage and he will only be out for two weeks.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:35:33 PM »
Congrats FS, let's hope through the Sharks we may see a resurgence of fans at domestic games
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »
Congrats FS, let's hope through the Sharks we may see a resurgence of fans at domestic games

Thanks. But I really at a loss at how to stimulate interest. Maybe it will come in time, but with W.Conn playing as well, this really should have had 2,000 plus at the stadium. But, hey, yuh gotta keep trying!!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 11:00:46 PM »
good 3 points...blessings to Goodridge
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2012, 04:31:30 AM »
I am surprised, maybe Police was missing 11 starters and had a wash up school boy [Knox] in the attack.

Congrats to Central and I hope they draw Joe Public in the FA Cup.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ˇHala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »

Thanks. But I really at a loss at how to stimulate interest. Maybe it will come in time, but with W.Conn playing as well, this really should have had 2,000 plus at the stadium. But, hey, yuh gotta keep trying!!

Have two-for-one drink specials in the stadium and advertise it as an after work lime...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 07:18:34 AM »
Drinks and food. Cah go wrong
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 09:43:59 AM »

Have two-for-one drink specials in the stadium and advertise it as an after work lime...

We had a supporters polo for $60 with 4 free beers, T shirts and 4 free beers for $50, Noisemakers for $10. We also gave out 400 hundred free tickets to businesses and schools, only 102 were used.

But, yeah, we'll keep trying!! 

And also free matchday programmes that included the Central squad, background on the club, an article from sw.net, a piece from Wired 868 and a "funny football fact" section.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:49:10 AM by Football supporter »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »
Drinks and food. Cah go wrong

You're so right, and we want to get into this, but here's the rub:
Costs up to $500 to hire the concession stand AT OUR HOME GAME!  Then we need 2-3 trustworthy people to man the concession who we may be lucky to get for $150 each. Then we need to buy stock. Hot food will need an electric heater of some kind. Anything perishable not sold will be lost. So, better to do just nuts and snacks?

Drinks will need at least 2 coolers plus $100 in ice.

So, best case scenario without hot food, we will spend over $1,000 (assuming we can get the actual stock donated)

Now, if there are 500 people at the game and no other concessions, I think we could make at least $5,000 profit.

But there usually are other concessions and often less than 500 people. But its still worth doing if we can find someone willing to manage the whole project.

Also, we looked at sub letting the concession to a hot food supplier, but the one time we tried that before, they took very little, we made no money, and they didn't want to come back!

I'm not being negative here, food and drink is where the money is, but it requires an element of investment which we can't afford at the moment. You gotta spend money to make money, but you need that money first!

The first requirement is to find a true volunteer to manage the concession....at least then we can start to generate more income.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
I am surprised, maybe Police was missing 11 starters and had a wash up school boy [Knox] in the attack.

Congrats to Central and I hope they draw Joe Public in the FA Cup.

:beermug: I almost love you for that!!!!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 10:59:19 AM »

We had a supporters polo for $60 with 4 free beers, T shirts and 4 free beers for $50, Noisemakers for $10. We also gave out 400 hundred free tickets to businesses and schools, only 102 were used.

And also free matchday programmes that included the Central squad, background on the club, an article from sw.net, a piece from Wired 868 and a "funny football fact" section.
I coming in March..you keep for me Polo, T shirt, 8 beers, hold the Noisemaker ...I paying 110 dollars for my equipment, x dollars for my ticket, and if yuh could arrange a lift for meh, back to tunapuna area, I paying for that too...will be much appreciated...after 8 beers doh, will probably could only discuss team & club strategies next day....btw 4 free beers to much, don't push the drinks, unless you providing designated drivers..I know the culture, but we have to start changing that.....I could push that head amongst meh frens, somehow, you have to push the game..anyway, i'm sure u guys will figure something out...keep working at it..get the lil ones, 10 & U interested..play for longetivity.
Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 11:00:58 AM by maxg »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »

I coming in March..you keep for me Polo, T shirt, 8 beers, hold the Noisemaker ...I paying 110 dollars for my equipment, x dollars for my ticket, and if yuh could arrange a lift for meh, back to tunapuna area, I paying for that too...will be much appreciated...after 8 beers doh, will probably could only discuss team & club strategies next day....btw 4 free beers to much, don't push the drinks, unless you providing designated drivers..I know the culture, but we have to start changing that.....I could push that head amongst meh frens, somehow, you have to push the game..anyway, i'm sure u guys will figure something out...keep working at it..get the lil ones, 10 & U interested..play for longetivity.
Thanks in advance

Ok, March is ON!! And I'm sure I can drop you somewhere near Tunapuna after the game!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »
What as the attendance ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2012, 08:52:02 PM »
Well done Sharks.

Can't wait to see them against North East Stars.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>