April 18, 2024, 10:44:58 PM

Author Topic: TTCB replaces ‘more money’ players  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTCB replaces ‘more money’ players
« on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »
Well, I really didn't see this one coming at all! :o What happened to playing for pride and love of country ? ::)
There goes any chance of us making it out of the qualifiers.

TTCB replaces ‘more money’ players
Published:
Thursday, October 4, 2012
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-10-03/ttcb-replaces-%E2%80%98more-money%E2%80%99-players

Cricket in this part of the world is always studded with drama on and off the field, and with just mere hours for the T&T players to board their British Airways flight to South Africa comes news that some of the senior players have decided to pull out over a money dispute with the T&T Cricket Board (TTCB). The national team was due to leave these shores at 5 pm this afternoon bound for South Africa via London. However, it is alleged that the five players who are currently in Sri Lanka representing the West Indies at the World Cup in Sri Lanka have asked the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) to make representation on their behalf for more money to make the trip. The five men in question are Darren Bravo, Lendl Simmons, Ravi Rampaul, skipper Denesh Ramdin and leg-spinner Samuel Badree. According to a source close to the situation: "The players are demanding that the TTCB give them a share of the transfer fee they got for IPL players Sunil Narine, Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard."

The TTCB got US$150,000 for each of the three players. The board has stoutly refused the demand and the executive summoned the chairman of selectors Dudnath Ramkessoon to get his panel to select five replacement players. The replacement players chosen are Justin Guillen, Mervyn Dillon, former skipper Daren Ganga, spinner Dave Mohammed and wicketkeeper Stephen Katwaroo. According to the source, the other 10 local players selected have agreed to make the trip but they were locked in a meeting with WIPA last night.
  The T&T Cricket Board announced yesterday that each player on the 15-man squad is guaranteed a payment of more than US$20,000 for the two qualifying matches carded for October 10 and 11 in Johannesburg. Should the team advance to the main draw of the competition, the T&TCB is guaranteed an additional US$200,000 before taxes. And the T&TCB has informed the squad, comprising 15 players, five technical staff and three administrators, that 75 percent of the monies and any other prize money won by the team will be shared among them. In South Africa, the T&T team will proudly wear a kit outfitted with the logo of National Gas Company of T&T for which the players will receive more than half of the negotiated sponsorship.

The sponsorship input, plus 75 percent of the participation fee which the T&TCB will collect make up the more than US$20,000 payment to each player on the squad, the T&TCB said. A T&TCB official said yesterday that the cricketers stand to benefit from approximately 66 percent of the total income which will accrue from T&T's participation in the 2012 Champions League T20 while the technical staff and the T&TCB will share the remaining 34 per cent. It is understood that the T&TCB has already started planning to utilise its part of the proceeds to refurbish the Sir Frank Worrell Development Centre and the Alloy Lequay Administrative Building which were both constructed over ten years ago. The T&TCB reportedly is also considering sharing part of the income gained with each club which took part in the board's 2012 competitions to ensure that the successes at the elite level by the national cricketers could effectively benefit the game at club and community level.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: TTCB replaces ‘more money’ players
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »
I feel dem real tort they had a negotiation leg to stand on , but who of that 5 have truly distinguished themselves to feel so unreplaceable  ??? especially with a board that have a bit of a greedy streak themselves ???  seriously who ??? ??? ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:19 AM »
If that is true...well I real disappointed with them fellas.
Yuh see what this shit with Bravo, Pollard and Narine causing ?
If them fellas had a clause in their contract that allows them..or rather makes it mandatory for them to represent their country (or even WI) instead of the club team all this shit would not have been going on.

WIPA and all...yes yuh want to support your members, but right is right and wrong is wrong and at times you have to tell players when their actions are not in the best interest of the game and the country.

WTF the money received from them three players have to do with the other players ?  Their main argument could only be that their absence diminishes the strength of the T&T team...and chances of moving forward in the tournament and potential loss of earnings etc etc etc.  So what if those players were injured ?

Boy the way some players does think when coming to their country...hmmm...leaves one to wonder oui.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 10:14:14 AM »
Stueps. Just so? What happened to country first. I have no respect for them players if this is true. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 10:17:16 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:40:41 AM »
Stueps. Just so? What happened to country first. I have no respect for them players if this is true. 

And doh look sharp...if they only win the tournament yuh go be hearing all kinda talk about recognition from the government.
TT$1M per player...and they might damn well get it too oui.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 02:43:27 PM »
The idiocy of demanding a percentage of another player's transfer fee befuddles me.

I need these players to defend themselves becz this is really unbelievable.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
This is their job, so this country first thing is not an argument. They not taking time off from a job in Petrotrin to go play, cricket is how they pay their bills. That said, demanding money received to compensate the absence of Bravo, Pollard and Narine doesn't make any sense. Why should they be entitled to that? That is the issue. I also continue to lose respect for WIPA and their policy of "ransom" negotiations. Every disagreement can't be a cause for strike action. I would like to see disciplinary action against the 5 players. I am all for them being paid fairly, but they in turn must be fair in their demands and responsible in their actions. They have been neither here.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
THE FULL TEAM will be playing.
Saw it on the news tonight. Suruj Ragoonath said there was an issue but it was dealt with.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:12:57 PM »
Saw it on the news tonight. Suruj Ragoonath said there was an issue but it was dealt with.

VB

EH SMH
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56:36 AM »

VB
As in, "We folded to their demands." Steups!

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 04:05:06 PM »
The request of the players is not really an unreasonable one if there was an understanding that the board and players were to share revenue (however generous the share appears to be). The problem I have is the tactics of "no cricket eh playing here if we cyah get what we want!"

I understand that WIPA and Dinas have a job to do, but them tactics only create bad blood and animosity going forward.

Credit to them though.....they do get what they want in the end.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 01:01:15 PM »
They shoulda have a clause in there that linked to performance...cause now is a case where the team failed to make it to the second rounds, the TTCB should suit the players for loss of earnings  ::)

1]; } ?>