March 28, 2024, 02:41:55 AM

Author Topic: Man Utd, Barca to play in TT as...  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Man Utd, Barca to play in TT as...
« on: October 06, 2012, 02:49:29 AM »
Man Utd, Barca to play in TT as...
By KEVIN SUNICH (Newsday).

SPORTS Manager in the Tourism Development Company Manohar Ramsaran said Sports Tourism is poised to be the number one sector in the tourism Industry in Trinidad and Tobago.

He said at the moment the country has the products that could draw a lot of people; however, it will call for proper marketing.

“For Example We have a product which is the T20 team and if properly marketed it will lots of people to our shores. We saw our players at their best today for the West Indies with both bat and ball. We have an excellent team and once that is marketed properly T20 could be one of our better tourism products,” said Ramsaran.

In addition to branding the former Sports Minister said they have been in discussion to bring some top international teams such as Manchester United and Barcelona to play two matches a year, one in Trinidad and one in Tobago.

He said once they get the necessary finances this would become a reality, which will no doubt draw hundreds of thousands of people to the twin island.

The Sports Manager in the TDC said the 2012/13 Budget spoke a lot about sports tourism which he’s excited about.

“I have not really seen the figures and details to see what is happening but I hope we would have enough money when I read the details to really make it happen for us. I feel really privileged to be the one leading these efforts,” said the former Sports Minister.

Ramsaran said at the moment the Sports Tourism department of the TDC are working on the draft Sports Tourism Policy. “We have been working to bring shape to the document and we have been pledged financial support Commonwealth when it reaches the final stage. Thereafter it would have to be passed by cabinet. Once this is in place it would make things a lot easier in helping to develop our products.”

He said for this to get off the ground all stakeholders must work together contributing to the common goal which is to make TT a sports tourism destination.

The former Sports Minister is confident that the TDC will get enough money to complete its projects. “The Finance Minister stated that tourism is the number two economic pillar in the country and so I am expecting that the majority of financial requests from us will be granted and we will be able to get the job done.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man Utd, Barca to play in TT as...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »
steups...fellas does jes run dey mouth yes...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 05:24:08 AM »
Lol...
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ˇHala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 06:13:35 AM »
Haha which ManU and Barca want to come here? Steups...

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 09:57:40 AM »
Manu came to trini before if its done rite it can happen
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 10:14:09 AM »
MAN U u20 came to trini...............

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »
The senior team went in 1985 (Jesper Olsen Paul McGrath, Norman Whiteside et al).
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 12:45:15 PM »
The senior team went in 1985 (Jesper Olsen Paul McGrath, Norman Whiteside et al).

Correct, played West Ham Utd I believe
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »

It was just after the FA Cup final victory. I was there for that game. First time seeing them live...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 01:38:06 PM »

It was just after the FA Cup final victory. I was there for that game. First time seeing them live...

I had geh ban, was too young, but yeah, remember it well, after de Whiteside curler from outside
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 01:47:54 PM »
that was then...this is now..dem fellas not passin miami and would only skip over us on d way to south america...no profit..unless one of those club presidents get some trini 'oman lovin den is sportsmax fuh it..

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 02:26:37 PM »

Nope, was Southampton when the Wallace brothers was there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 04:20:33 PM »

I was at dat game. Meh head was bad boy. Too much Vat 19. All meh money had run out and ah had was tuh mop ah drop back down South.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »

I was at dat game. Meh head was bad boy. Too much Vat 19. All meh money had run out and ah had was tuh mop ah drop back down South.
WOW, i forgot that word totally existed, what ah ting eh, how ah man could erase certain words from his memory and vocab.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ˇHala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »
that was then...this is now..dem fellas not passin miami and would only skip over us on d way to south america...no profit..unless one of those club presidents get some trini 'oman lovin den is sportsmax fuh it..

Yeah didn't Crystal Palace and Villa with Yorke come to T&T in the 90's? Probably to promote the new Premier League? I can't remember, but anyhow, Football today is not like a couple decade$ ago - $ummer tour$ are all about the Dookeran$

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 07:14:14 AM »

Nope, was Southampton when the Wallace brothers was there.

Correk Rodney, ah know it was some hampton

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 07:58:35 AM »
Problem with getting dem teams to come to Trini is that they looking for growth markets to push their products.  The obvious places are North America and Asia.  Their congested schedules make it even more difficult, and when they could have made the trip in December (in the case of those that have a winter break), there is the World Club Championship.  Plain truth is that we are not a lucrative and large enough market to be prioritized over Asia and North America.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »

How de hell you does mop drop back to South??
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 11:51:16 AM »

OK, it was two drops. One tuh de top of Uriah Butler Highway, and one tuh San Fernando Bypass. Den ah walk home.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 12:55:50 PM »

OK, it was two drops. One tuh de top of Uriah Butler Highway, and one tuh San Fernando Bypass. Den ah walk home.

:rotfl:

Ah once mop ah drop from town to barataria at about 2 am going thru de hills as highway/main road had some problems, mop drop to carnival in town from barataria again as a teenager.  Amazing that youths growing up today cyar even have dem thoughts, how times have changed

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

:rotfl:

Ah once mop ah drop from town to barataria at about 2 am going thru de hills as highway/main road had some problems, mop drop to carnival in town from barataria again as a teenager.  Amazing that youths growing up today cyar even have dem thoughts, how times have changed

i was forever mopping drop in de tray of ah old van... dat was always de best bet... you could dive out if tings go awry.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
In addition to branding the former Sports Minister said they have been in discussion to bring some top international teams such as Manchester United and Barcelona to play two matches a year, one in Trinidad and one in Tobago.

He said once they get the necessary finances this would become a reality, which will no doubt draw hundreds of thousands of people to the twin island.

Barca and Man U play 60+ competitive games a season in Europe and a half dozen friendlies each in their primary overseas fan markets. So where are these hundreds of thousands of people gonna travel from to see a fete match?  ::)

(Ignoring the fact that we have no stadium holding more than 25k)

Meanwhile, Barbados links up with Chelsea and is emblazoned all over Stamford Bridge at every home game, they even have women in carnival costumes there every now and again. Pretty sure their plan is working better than ours ever will.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 02:37:12 PM by Ryan »

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »

Barca and Man U play 60+ competitive games a season in Europe and a half dozen friendlies each in their primary overseas fan markets. So where are these hundreds of thousands of people gonna travel from to see a fete match?  ::)

(Ignoring the fact that we have no stadium holding more than 25k)

Meanwhile, Barbados links up with Chelsea and is emblazoned all over Stamford Bridge at every home game, they even have women in carnival costumes there every now and again. Pretty sure their plan is working better than ours ever will.
Plan?  ??? ::)

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 07:44:16 AM »

There were intial discussions between the UK High Commissioner and Aston Villa about becoming their "tourism partner" (like Barbados and Chelsea) but it was never heard of again. Similarly, I suspect these two matches a year will never be heard of again.  :(

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2012, 09:47:11 PM »
Remember seeing Tottenham here at our national stadium as a youth. Spurs side with Garth Crooks,Steve Archibald,Ray Clemence, etc

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2012, 07:56:42 AM »
Lol...

This is the correct response to this 'article'
Hart for president

1]; } ?>