April 26, 2024, 04:08:55 AM

Author Topic: Chelsea fail with Ajax raid  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Chelsea fail with Ajax raid
« on: October 27, 2005, 08:40:49 PM »
Ajax starlets John Goossens and Jeffrey Sarpong have turned their backs on Chelsea's millions.

The Dutch youth aces were amongst the top performers during the recent World Under-17 championships in Peru.

Both Goossens (pictured) and Sarpong caught the eye of Chelsea's new head of development and scouting Frank Arnesen.

The Dane immediately highlighted the 17-year-old pair as 'must haves' for Chelsea's academy - but they have been snubbed after making approaches.

Striker Goossens has penned a three-year professional deal, while Sarpong is due to sign a similar deal in the coming days.

Ajax had insisted that they could not compete with the likes of Chelsea over professional terms but they have now managed to tie down two of their most promising youngsters.

The Dutch giants have already tied down a third member of Holland's youth side in the shape of Anito Vurnon - who is now on the brink of making his first team debut
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Chelsea fail with Ajax raid
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 08:42:01 PM »
© 2005 BSkyB
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:15:36 PM »
Good.  They eye too long.   Dem fellas spoiling de game man.  They want everything.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:24:16 PM »
they want everting but mostly they want wat u want eg shaun wright phillips he wuda do wunders in arsenal even though i dont like dat team now he gone to bench
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:09 AM »
why no one do talk about how real madrid does buy too ehh they buy owen and then he was on the bench too so what that the game

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 06:09:58 AM »
they want everting but mostly they want wat u want eg shaun wright phillips he wuda do wunders in arsenal even though i dont like dat team now he gone to bench
Shaun Wright-Phillips is doing wonders at Chelsea and he don't always bench...Although he could be a starter on a next side he come to Chelsea...That will just make him a better player if he dislodge a man from the starting lineup...A squad has to have depth and Chelsea have plenty.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 06:47:18 AM »
why no one do talk about how real madrid does buy too ehh they buy owen and then he was on the bench too so what that the game

I think the thing about Chelsea that riles people is that they go for big name established players and youths.

Everybody knows that they can't match them for the Essienss and Drogbas but at least they have a hope of picking up unpolished gems to compete like Obi Mikel.

Now when Chelsea takes them too it is really irksome. The only youth players that Madrid uses are there own Chelsea is different. Their only youth team product is Terry and you could say Huth and they look to buy up othere peoples youth team products. When they buy all these youth players and do not play them it is almost like they buy them to restrict competition.

And yes United and Arsenal also buy other teams U-16 products but they give them a chance and are focused on developing them. Look at the side Chelsea put out in the Carling Cup this week. Where the youth team players? Even their second string is a full international side.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 06:54:28 AM »
[/quote

Ok they buy Owen and he was on the bench but Chelsea have 11 International players on the bench. A whole dam squad. We not talking 1 or 2 players here.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 08:00:24 AM »
you know what sean wright phillips and all them men who chelsea buy choose chelsea they know the vibes they but them choose to go dey they had offers from other clubs with the same amount of money but they choose the club so who allyuh to talk bout that ,nuff of them players on chelsea bench get offers from other clubs where they woulda probably start, huth,bayern wanted him last season when he was not playing regularly for chelsea and he say fire fi bayern i staying here alot of chelsea players just want to be there so dont get tie up

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 09:10:17 AM »
chelsea players are well paid remeber .I think glen johnson may be seeing the door at chelsea soon though

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 09:55:30 AM »

I think the thing about Chelsea that riles people is that they go for big name established players and youths.

Everybody knows that they can't match them for the Essienss and Drogbas but at least they have a hope of picking up unpolished gems to compete like Obi Mikel.

Now when Chelsea takes them too it is really irksome. The only youth players that Madrid uses are there own Chelsea is different. Their only youth team product is Terry and you could say Huth and they look to buy up othere peoples youth team products. When they buy all these youth players and do not play them it is almost like they buy them to restrict competition.

And yes United and Arsenal also buy other teams U-16 products but they give them a chance and are focused on developing them. Look at the side Chelsea put out in the Carling Cup this week. Where the youth team players? Even their second string is a full international side.

Horse...look at AC Milan, Inter and Real! Where u see  in-house youth players on them teams? Allyuh does real talk chupidness yes. Cudicini, Joe Cole, SWP, Gudjohnsen....None ah them men wanna leave chelsea, even though they could be gettin startin sweat with other teams...Real Madrid spend 91 million euros this past summer, buying big names; attackers, when they really need a new defence. And watch how they gettin licks! Since morhinho reach, the man buying positions he need...And he winning...So u can't compare chelsea with real madrid...
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 11:35:06 AM »
well said pt champ well said was he name jdb tell me inna next post that manu only spend 10 million this summer when they buy park for 7mill van der sar for 4mill(already more than 10 by the way ) and they buy ben foster from stoke for 1,5mill and they renew nuff contract for nuff money so doh study he is not like ah ponging him eh but when man doh know what they talking we have to inform them zeeen.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 01:36:48 PM »
Jeffery Sarpong is a good player

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 01:42:58 PM »
well said pt champ well said was he name jdb tell me inna next post that manu only spend 10 million this summer when they buy park for 7mill van der sar for 4mill(already more than 10 by the way ) and they buy ben foster from stoke for 1,5mill and they renew nuff contract for nuff money so doh study he is not like ah ponging him eh but when man doh know what they talking we have to inform them zeeen.

You obviously don't know that there is a difference between Pounds, the currency of Great Britain and the money that United trades in, and (US) Dollars an increasingly weak currency that you are quoting.

At no point did I say that United spent less than 10 Million Dollars.

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

You obviously don't know that there is a difference between Pounds, the currency of Great Britain and the money that United trades in, and (US) Dollars an increasingly weak currency that you are quoting.

At no point did I say that United spent less than 10 Million Dollars.

well if i said dollars which i dont think i said then i was wrong but anyways they spend more than ten million pounds to be exact ok so yuh wrong anyway,blesss

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 02:46:15 PM »
well if i said dollars which i dont think i said then i was wrong but anyways they spend more than ten million pounds to be exact ok so yuh wrong anyway,blesss

Listen you obviously want to make a clown of yourself by resurrecting a dead thread to argue wrong facts.

You quoted Park Ji-Sung's fee as "7 million". You have to be talking dollars since he only cost 4 million pounds. In fact on the United site they have it quoted at $7.4 Million.

Now if Park cost 4 Million pounds and Van Der Sar cost 2 Million pounds (The fee was undisclosed but they got him at a bargain price) then who are the players that they purchased to take the spending over 10 Million pounds?

Do you really believe that they spent 4 Million pounds plus on a youth team player?

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 04:09:56 PM »

Listen you obviously want to make a clown of yourself by resurrecting a dead thread to argue wrong facts.

You quoted Park Ji-Sung's fee as "7 million". You have to be talking dollars since he only cost 4 million pounds. In fact on the United site they have it quoted at $7.4 Million.

Now if Park cost 4 Million pounds and Van Der Sar cost 2 Million pounds (The fee was undisclosed but they got him at a bargain price) then who are the players that they purchased to take the spending over 10 Million pounds?

Do you really believe that they spent 4 Million pounds plus on a youth team player?

me aint looking for no argument but all i trying to say is that is not only chelea that does spend big money and you bring up manu when obviously it have other clubs that dont spend alot of money too but saying that chelsea is bad for spending is what i am against cus they are not the only team that buy big players if them other teams had a owner like chelsea and the money them woulda buy just as much players, essien was on trial at manu too but he choose chelsea so how much yuh think manu woulda pay for him not big money to just like chelsea manu is no club to go anymore for players,they not as hyped about going there anymore so fire fi manu and who like them after how them treat yorkie then  :flamethrower: :flamethrower: :flamethrower: fi you too talk done(dont even bother to reply lets just see you goes further chelsea or your manu(cus you bring them up) and that speaks for itself) blessss stay cool.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 06:21:11 PM »
It is a good thing that you don't reply because the more you post is the more shit you talking. You are too dotish to just admit that you are wrong and you are just making a bigger ass of yourself.

When was Essien on trial at United? Four years ago? So is it four years now he decided to go Chelsea and he has just been biding his time at Lyon for the while? He chose not to go to United at that time because he did not want to go on loan at Antwerp. Lyon wanted 30 Million pounds for him (Chelsea eventually paid 24) and United could not afford it (as a result of a reduced transfer budget). So it is incorrect to say that Essien chose Chelsea over United because United were not even in the bidding.

My original comment was to refute some ole talk by you about United spending large sums of money because of the Glazers. The point I was trying to make was that United are actually spending less money under the Glazers whereas Chelsea spend more under Abramovich.

Therefore you cannot compare the two sets of owners. I used the transfer expenditure as an example and yuh start to talk some shit about how I can't do maths when in fact you were wrong. (I notice that yuh last post yuh leave out the transfer talk completely probably because yuh realize that yuh just blowing smoke out yuh ass.)

Like I said in my first post.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

And read your post again, it wasn't me that brought up United, it was you.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:18:07 AM by JDB »

Offline Trini/Sverige

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 03:26:52 PM »
as i said let the scorelines talk bless

1]; } ?>