March 28, 2024, 03:06:09 PM

Author Topic: No money for TTFF until they call elections  (Read 3893 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No money for TTFF until they call elections
« on: October 11, 2012, 04:46:42 AM »
No money for TTFF...until TTFF interim president Watson calls elections
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

"Forget if yuh like Anil, if Anil ugly, if he mouth big, if he stupid. Forget all of that and account for the people money. Provide the bills, the invoices, and the receipts requested on several occasions," Sport Minister Anil Roberts declared yesterday.

Roberts was defiant. Holding a media conference in the corridor just outside the main chamber of Parliament, he announced yesterday that the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) should not expect Government funding until the local football body holds elections.

Similarly, he added that for funding to resume to the TTFF, its contracted marketing official Anthony Harford must also submit full accounts detailing how $11 million in Government funds was spent in 2011 during the failed World Cup qualifying campaign.

However, Roberts says that national football teams will not suffer during the Government-placed funds freeze on the TTFF. Instead, Roberts disclosed a new policy which requires managers of individual national football teams to submit their budget on a TTFF letter head, and come to the Ministry of Sport to discuss funding.

Roberts had accused Harford of using Government funds to pay his own company All Sport Promotions $936,000 for services rendered to the TTFF, and also of not submitting accounts of how the $11 million was used. Both Harford and the TTFF say they complied with all the Sports Ministry requests.

"I tell you that All Sport, TTFF, Tony Harford not getting ah cent," Roberts insisted yesterday. "All managers of all (national football) teams must come specifically on the letterhead of the TTFF and put in their budget one by one.

So the manager of the senior team came and their team is going (to the Caribbean Cup). When they come back and move on, they will do the same again. The under-23 manager...the women manager will do the same until elections in the TTFF and some sort of accountability come about."

"Football will continue to get funding but not through Mister Harford, or any authorisations committee. And finally I call on Lennox Watson (TTFF interim president), who is suddenly become this bastion of accountability, to call the election. Call the football election because people are calling for that. They want to see transparency, democracy. Call the football elections."

Roberts also admitted that former FIFA vice-president and National Security Jack Warner did write him a letter in April asking him to stop the funding for football.

"Warner did write me and as a citizen he could write anything. But nobody will tell me what to do or how to run my Ministry. I read the letter and put it in the bin, Roberts declared."

"After April, the Ministry sent $1.5 million (to) national teams anyway, but we did not send it to Harford. Yuh see the difference, he did not get the money. The money went to the providers, Crown Plaza or Cascadia Hotel, or the transport or the travel agent."

Roberts also added that it is the obligation of the TTFF to pay the coaches they contract and not that of the Ministry of Sport. Roberts said the Sport Ministry will only pay those coaches they had specifically agreed to pay. He say the TTFF must pay the rest.

"The Ministry will support coaches of course, but not at this juncture when the TTFF has no accountability, they have an authorisation committee that has not provided minutes of any meeting," Roberts said.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:46:59 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: No money for TTFF until they call elections
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 05:35:54 AM »
He talking about transparency but he taking orders from minister of national security about sport related matters. Anil get real.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 06:17:29 AM »
I have no issues with the elections, as long as there is no secret date that no one knows. So now all managers can submit their budget to him, bypassing the TTFF president. How that go work? What if Watson fire the manager?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 06:35:53 AM »
I don't have a problem with Roberts getting tough with TTFF and forcing elections. I have no problem with him insisting on accurate accounting and transparency. I have no problem with Roberts funding individual managers for campaigns. But it all goes a bit off track when he describes Warner as a private citizen. Especially when Warner has denied even sending a letter.
If Warner sent this as a private citizen, FIFA should immediately re open their investigation.
If he sent it as a Minister, FIFA should investigate the government involvement.
So, which one does Jack wish to defend?

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 09:09:42 AM »
seems to me anil doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. the MoS is right to cut funding given the dismal record of the ttff. he is well aware of what the issues are, but he is not attacking the problem at the root. instead of calling for real openess, transparency, accountability and competence he is targeting individuals like harford who are apart from the ttff and their culture of arse-licking mismanagement.

ttff tired call elections in the past...and what was the result. since jack so very interested in the leadership of the cfu, he must be much more so in the leadesrship of the ttff.

at this time elections without vigilance, imo, will be nothing more than a clandestine way for warner money to renew influence and continue to meddle in football. these regional member associations who elected oliver camps and the old gang unopposed for decades better grow a damn vagina and demand better.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 09:45:54 AM »
Do remember yuh doh like Anil, do remember Anil ugly, do remember he mouth big, do remember he stupid but most of all do remember to account for the people money, provide the bills, the invoices, and the receipts requested and please doh forget to be on time.

P.S. Doh forget to sue the jackass in the ministry hiding behind Kamla skirt.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:52:44 AM »
No elections until the TTFA constitution is brought to light and the role of the TTFF is investigated.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »
And finally I call on Lennox Watson (TTFF interim president), who is suddenly become this bastion of accountability, to call the election. Call the football election because people are calling for that. They want to see transparency, democracy. Call the football elections."

In isolation there is nothing wrong with this... in context it reeks of astounding hypocrisy.  This dog seemed to have lost his bark, let alone his bite after he joined the PP government.  Now that Jack is completely removed from the TTFF affairs, he's conveniently started chirping again.

That aside...

Roberts also added that it is the obligation of the TTFF to pay the coaches they contract and not that of the Ministry of Sport.

... my kingdom for a competent editor.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
I all for election if it's transparent and fair. Sounds like jack want to put ah set of yes men in charge.
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »
There's never a dull day in T&T football. now this donkey wants early elections , ah wonder if jack have anything to do with his decision??   :thinking:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
There's never a dull day in T&T football. now this donkey wants early elections , ah wonder if jack have anything to do with his decision??   :thinking:

Cool, them really feel jack is we fadder or what? Is a play of the month acting going on dey, yuh know.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 04:51:48 PM »
Yes, we need a election and a fair one, I agree with Roberts here.

And we also need a election for Minister of Sports to, de same way Anton and Watson got the TTFF job through Jack Warner is de same way Anil get his.

Pot calling kettle black.

These motherf00ckers should dead....

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 05:41:29 PM »
Sam, Anil will be the minister of sport for the next 21/2 yrs. They would not dear give him another portfolio. So let's move on.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 07:50:40 PM by Deeks »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 05:50:03 PM »
I  eh lying, this minister of sports dunce boy! how he get this job?? the man have no decorum, no professionalism and no class. he make's  boynes and hunt look like english aristocratic gentlemen.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 04:38:39 AM »
I agree with Anil here. He is spot on with everything he said. Thank Goodness someone in authority is finally standing up for T&T football. We need to move away from the mom and pop, friend friend type of management to proper modern accountability based management of our sport.

I fully support Anil's position.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: No money for TTFF until they call elections
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 06:22:02 AM »
I agree with Anil here. He is spot on with everything he said. Thank Goodness someone in authority is finally standing up for T&T football. We need to move away from the mom and pop, friend friend type of management to proper modern accountability based management of our sport.

You ever thought about why he suddenly wants election?
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
LONGBRAIN
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 07:23:41 AM »

Doh be so fast to throw yuh support behind this clown.  Anil has an ulterior motive.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »
They want to install a new set of lackies.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: No money for TTFF until they call elections
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:07 AM »
They want to install a new set of lackies.

Correct Answer!
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 10:56:49 AM »
Or just trying get FIFA to ban TTFF so they can say football is unable to exist without Jack Warner.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 11:32:24 AM »
Or just trying get FIFA to ban TTFF so they can say football is unable to exist without Jack Warner.

THAT AS WELL
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline lil damo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 01:24:56 PM »
Those points may be true but if we're talking abt an election then unless Anil is the only one voting, he can’t control who gets elected. If Russel Latapy and Dwight Yorke get nominated against Anil’s so called “Lackies” who do you think wining that election? Yorke and Latapy by a mile.

As long as the electoral process is clean and non-corrupt I think it is the right way to go. Whoever wins in the electoral process wins but any change from the incumbent is necessary if our football is going to advance from its current putrid state.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »

Proof that you can indeed fool some of the people all of the time...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
Lol you not nice.
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2012, 02:38:26 PM »
Those points may be true but if we're talking abt an election then unless Anil is the only one voting, he can’t control who gets elected. If Russel Latapy and Dwight Yorke get nominated against Anil’s so called “Lackies” who do you think wining that election? Yorke and Latapy by a mile.

As long as the electoral process is clean and non-corrupt I think it is the right way to go. Whoever wins in the electoral process wins but any change from the incumbent is necessary if our football is going to advance from its current putrid state.

And rest assure that it will not be clean or void of corruption.

breds right now the present president not taking orders from jack, and jack is in an uproar! remember, the only reason why camps reign sooo long is bc jack was greasing the palm of the regional heads with the vote, these men themselves don't really care bout football , but rather their own pockets,

so where ever jack goes they go, they follow the money trail, and i'm sure since this present leadership not taking orders from jack, (who mind you is still not done with football, and i'm sure he wants to instill his sons to carry on the tirade) he wants to instill a president that will take orders for sure!!

right now if they call elections , i'm pretty sure watson will lose, and another jack's puppet will win and continue where ollie camps left off.

when tell yuh, i now see why T&T is in the state it's in today, it's bc these old men who in charge down there don't care bout serving the ppl, for them power is means to an end, it's all about using it to gain leverage, the selfish mdfkrs!

i never wish death on anyone, but i wish the creator could put jack away far from us, he's too fackin evil badmind and wicked.  the man ate enough and still wants to eat more!! that greedy monkey!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »

Apparently, the only word missing from the Oxford English Dictionary is "gullible" . Go and take a look and see. :devil:

I agree that TTFF need to be heavily monitored and, God knows, I've never been a TTFF supporter, but in this instance, I support their stance. Harford has proof of all that he claims, Anil has none. So, who's policing the police?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2012, 01:51:05 AM »

You either real young. Or just start following local football.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2012, 05:40:22 AM »

Just to clarify....did you name Latapy and Yorke as an example, or were you actually suggesting them? Reason being that two players who parted company with their team mates to keep in with Jack, one of whom became a US$50k p.m. ambassador and the other who became National coach, may not aid your argument. However, it does highlight the problem we face: Who can we find who does not owe Jack a favour? And, of course, in order for people like Latapy and Yorke, or anyone else for that matter, to be elected to TTFF, they first need to be active in the zones, SSFL, etc

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2012, 07:32:02 AM »
Where was this claim for transparency when Anil first came into office?  Where was this claim for transparency in support of the World Cup Players demands for the TTFF to show the books in their court documents?  I guess the PP government also paying men to post on this Forum in support of their actions.

I too old for this!

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

1]; } ?>