April 26, 2024, 03:59:52 PM

Author Topic: This is where I want to be ...  (Read 799 times)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
This is where I want to be ...
« on: October 13, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Anybody familiar with this promotional video?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/awFgLA5-g9A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/awFgLA5-g9A</a>

Makes me want to live there.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
Re: This is where I want to be ...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »
This is a year old so it may have been posted already.

From the makers of the video

http://jtography.co.uk/2011/11/15/investt-video/

When the country sends trade missions overseas, to meet with potential investors, one of the most important sales tools they have is a 3 minute video summing up the country’s investment climate.

So… what would you say about Trinidad and Tobago to the international business community in 3 minutes? How best would you represent the momentum we have as an achieving nation? How best would you offer a peek into our future and our pace of development? And, most importantly, how do you keep your audience from checking their smartphones every 30 seconds in anticipation of something more interesting?

It’s a deliberate shift away from the traditional infomercials these videos tend to turn into during production. We wanted viewers to experience the soul of the country through the eyes and notes of an investment analyst who’s here exploring its investment potential. So safe, static, wide shots of our most significant business landmarks were thrown out and replaced with quick drive-by glances. Salient features become notes on an iPad as our analyst puts together a scrap-book of overwhelming evidence that this is a progressive nation; a timely opportunity.

Towards the end of the piece, we show you “business” Trinidad in a new light with a really energetic treatment. Two outstanding shots for me are the waterfall, shot by helicam, and the day timelapse work inside the ports.

In just 14 days we went from concept to execution to delivery. The last few days have been crazy getting last minute clearances to shoot on the top of just about every big building in the capital. We are EXTREMELY grateful for the level of cooperation we were afforded for this shoot as we were met with only warm handshakes at every request. Without that the deadline would have been impossible and I’m forever grateful for the support.

***updated***

The video has been updated to include the country’s location, some robotic plant action at TYE and some steel pan (visually). See if you can spot the changes. With reference to the music, it was always a locally produced piece as part of the job spec. Enjoy!
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>