April 25, 2024, 06:19:12 AM

Author Topic: Going over and above on the job  (Read 1223 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Going over and above on the job
« on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:25 PM »
I heard about this story on TMZ today but it was reported back in May. Hope he at least got a raise or promotion for his efforts.

Zoo Caretaker Licks Monkey’s Butt To Help It Defecate

Zookeeper Licks Monkey's Butt to Save Its Life
05/03/2012
I have no idea if this story is true or just a joke, but it's being reported on several news sites and blogs, and it's too bizarre not to share here.

According to chinasmack.com, it all started when keepers allowed a young Francois' Leaf Monkey into a public exhibit.  Zoo visitors in their ignorance tossed peanuts at the monkeys, and this particular little guy decided to gobble a down a whole peanut.

Unfortunately, it was more than his little digestive tract could handle and by the next day he was sick. What the monkey's keeper did next, you won't believe:

"50-year-old Zhang Bangsheng used warm water to clean a small Francois’ Leaf Monkey’s buttocks, then began using his mouth to lick it, not stopping for over an hour, until the little monkey defecated a single peanut. Only after the peanut was defecated did Zhang Bangsheng laugh with satisfaction."

Bet you weren't expecting THAT! I'm just glad Mr. Bangsheng wasn't laughing during the process, 'cause that would've been creepy.

It is true that many mammal mothers use this trick to stimulate their babies to go to the bathroom, so technically it was a biologically accurate thing to do.  Whether or not it was the only option or the most sanitary thing to do is a completely different question.

Here's a photo of Mr. Bangsheng and lucky (?) monkey:

http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_oddities/2012/05/zookeeper-licks-monkeys-butt-to-save-its-life.html

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Going over and above on the job
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:37 AM »
True trini you does move fast boy, and here i thought you was in st kitts.  ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:43:48 AM »
Nice picture. Mr Bhangsheng has a very long tail.  :devil:

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »
True trini you does move fast boy, and here i thought you was in st kitts.  ;D
good one  :D

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 08:35:05 AM »
no big deal, every job does always have at least one ass kisser
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>