March 29, 2024, 06:49:00 AM

Author Topic: England U21 defender Rose calls on UEFA to ban Serbia after racist abuse  (Read 1863 times)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
England U21 defender Rose calls on UEFA to ban Serbia after racist abuse

skysports.com

England U21 defender Danny Rose has called on UEFA to ban Serbia after claiming that racist abuse he suffered in Tuesday's game was so bad it affected his performance.

Rose was targeted by home fans in Krusevac as his side's 1-0 European Championship qualifying win - secured by Connor Wickham's late goal - was overshadowed by ugly and violent scenes at the finish.

The on-loan Sunderland full-back was sent off after the final whistle after kicking the ball into a crowd that baited him with monkey chants and gestures, while Serbian players and officials got involved in a subsequent brawl on the field.

"It started when we went out for the warm-up," Rose told Sky Sports News. "I told Wigs (Steve Wigley, assistant manager) what was happening and he told me to try and get through it, that it would be dealt with after the game.

"The fans started with monkey chants and in the second half two stones hit me on the head as I went to get the ball for a throw-in.

"After about 60 minutes, my mind wasn't on the game. I was angry. It was so hard to concentrate that I made a few mistakes.

"When we scored, after 90 minutes' abuse, I obviously expressed my emotions. The next thing I knew, all the Serbian players surrounded me, started pushing me, and then a brawl broke out.

"I remember getting slapped twice and then I got ushered away. That's when I kicked the ball - and the referee sent me off. I don't understand -the game had finished by then but he still sent me off for kicking the ball.

"As I went off again there was monkey chanting, but the monkey chanting started long before I got sent off.

"They have to be banned. I don't understand how else they can learn from it, they have to be banned."

Manager Stuart Pearce described the evening's events as "very sad", while the Football Association released a statement soon after the game confirming it had reported "a number" of racist incidents to UEFA.

Sports Minister Hugh Robertson has now written to UEFA president Michel Platini urging the governing body to take tough sanctions, while Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "appalled" by the incidents.

UEFA fined Serbia £16,000 when England defender Nedum Onuoha was racially abused during a U21 European Championship meeting between the sides in 2007.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: England U21 defender Rose calls on UEFA to ban Serbia after racist abuse
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:31 AM »
If football is really serious about this, I think it's time that nations boycott International games in Serbia. Let them have the 3 points. If every nation takes this stand, Serbia would be forced to play their games in a neutral country until they can guarantee a civilised environment to play football.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 06:51:05 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTup7sNr-Vk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qTup7sNr-Vk</a>

"if you're actually black ...." Paul Ince
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/giUARxH7biE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/giUARxH7biE</a>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:04:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:55 AM »
UEFA not going to do shit until their pocketbook is affected, i.e. a massive civil suit when someone gets mauled or killed.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 07:08:50 AM »
he lucky they didn't go all ethnic cleansing on him.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
I agree, ban Serbia not only from playing home games but deduct points towards qualification in major tournaments.  That would get their attention.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »
"It started when we went out for the warm-up," Rose told Sky Sports News. "I told Wigs (Steve Wigley, assistant manager) what was happening and he told me to try and get through it, that it would be dealt with after the game.

unacceptable response

UEFA fined Serbia £16,000 when England defender Nedum Onuoha was racially abused during a U21 European Championship meeting between the sides in 2007.

unacceptable response

Countries like this will always act racist when individuals and organizations who have power (but are only affected indirectly by these incidents) respond in this powder puff fashion!

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »
Serbia denying any racism yes! Sadly i expected this
from the bbc.co.uk
Serbian FA denies any racism towards England players

The Serbian FA has denied there was any racism towards the England Under-21 team in Tuesday's Euro 2013 play-off.
And officials also blamed England's Danny Rose for clashes at the end of the game because of "inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar" behaviour.
Earlier Rose, 22, had called for Serbia to be "banned", claiming he had been racially abused during the game.
The Football Association says Uefa must take the "strongest possible action" against anyone found guilty of racism.

What occurred is inexcusable and not acceptable. We are making a formal complaint to Uefa today

Alex Horne
FA general secretary
Connor Wickham scored in the 90th minute as Stuart Pearce's England side qualified for Euro 2013, with the goal sparking a series of scuffles between players and staff on both sides as missiles were thrown onto the field.
Prime Minister David Cameron has led the calls for Uefa to impose "tough sanctions" on racism, while sports minister Hugh Robertson has written to Uefa president Michel Platini alleging "extreme provocation and racism".
The FA reported "a number of incidents of racism" to Uefa after the match, while Rose's account of the abuse aimed at him has been published on the FA's official website.
The Serbian FA says making a connection between the on-pitch scuffles and racism has "absolutely no ground" adding there was a "spirit of fair play on the pitch and in the stands".
The FA rejects that version of the events.
Play media

Racist chanting mars England U21 match. This footage may contain offensive language.
FA general secretary Alex Horne said: "Our players and staff were subjected to racial abuse, violence as well as missiles being thrown at them throughout the match.
"What occurred is inexcusable and not acceptable. We are making a formal complaint to Uefa today.
"We call on Uefa to take the strongest possible action against the Serbian FA, their supporters and anyone found guilty of being involved in the numerous instances of violence and abuse."
In a statement on its website on Wednesday,  the Serbian FA said it "absolutely refuses and denies that there were any occurrences of racism before and during the match at the stadium in Krusevac".
"Making connection between the seen incident - a fight between members of the two teams - and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence.
"Unfortunately, after the fourth minute of the additional time and the victory goal scored by the guest team, unpleasant scenes were seen on the pitch.
"And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number three, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Krusevac, and for that he was shown a red card.
Back in Trini...

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Its time for these backward countries like Serbia, Turkey, you know the usual suspects, to be banned. One strike and youre out now!
Hart for president

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »
another whooping $50 fine coming.

captains have to start leading walkoffs. then let the animals riot and kill each other in the stands.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 04:53:54 PM »
Just fed up expressing my disgust for the way Fifa is dealing with this racism thing.  Then again, when Blatter could dismiss racisim as a lil flare-up that should be forgotten once you walk off the pitch, you know what to expect from that organisation.  Smh.... :frustrated:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 04:54:42 PM »
Fair play
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
Platini Racist too, nothing going and come out of this. Platini didnt want to support the black players in Euro 2012 when the they threatened to walk off the field if racially abused. I think he said if they leave the filed they will get ah yellow card.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
another whooping $50 fine coming.

captains have to start leading walkoffs. then let the animals riot and kill each other in the stands.

Yep ... Lazio @ about $50,000 (US).

Maybe some of the jersey crazy purchasers on the forum will make judicious choices as to whom they patronise.

1]; } ?>