April 26, 2024, 11:15:51 AM

Author Topic: It look like the blokes coming  (Read 4906 times)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
It look like the blokes coming
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:24:45 AM »
It appears as if the tow Englishmen Zamora and Samuel will join the team. Do  you think they will start and how will it affect the tactical setup and team morale ?

I think Zamora will start on the bench and they will use Samuel starting on the left side of midfield. As far a morale goes I haven't a clue.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: It look like the blokes coming
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 10:34:03 AM »
A victory in the next two games will take care of TEAM MORALE. " BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY"
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 10:54:10 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 11:08:20 AM »
Certain players I believe will definitely welcome these players.

People like Yorke, Latapy, Andrews, and Stern will definietly welcome them because they use to not only competition within a squad but use to Managers bringing in the best available players. Like Beenie say if they are better than 2 players we have...he would be stupid to not include them. But he did mention that it is tricky because he has to show loyalty to the other players.

Beenie has been brought here to win and he will do what he thinks is necessary to accomplish that goal. Our players just have to step up to the challenge. If players who in T&T could play alongside Samuel and learn from him then we in shape. The local players need as much exposure to professionals from other leagues because out league has a long way to go and if they see the level they have to be up to for international football, it could only serve well for the future.

We GOING GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 11:37:53 AM »
is just like wha jamaica do with deon burton when they make dey run...
dem boys will definitely be on the roster for T&T, and fans will have a split decision about it....

but just like me, I was calling for stern head in the early games when he was palying real tata.... but now he performing I lay off he back.... I think it go be the same way..... Man go say wha they want to, but if them boy star out, everybody go sit down and drink ah stag to dem.... but if they don't crapo smoke dey pipe, is nuff shit dey go get..... all in all doh it encouraging to have young pros like dat for the future.....

I like sammy but I ent trust Zamora.... sammy had a legit chance of seeing time for england but zamora never did, so he had no excuse for holding out... I think if we doh make it, sammy will continue to show interest in us, but I think zamora might dissappear.... my 2 cents

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 11:49:48 AM »
My only concern is Zamora's match fitness.  As long as he's properly match fit before the qualifiers, then I have no problems with him joining the team to assist in whatever way Beenie thinks he can
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 02:52:07 PM »
I think beenie will use Jlloyd as a sub for latas. After we wrap up the game early ...... take off latas for some rest for the away leg.

By the time Jlloyd comes on .... we'll already have 4-0 cushion should be enough.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 03:20:51 PM »
Fellas looked what happened with Dwight and Stern at Birmingham. and it is still a "one love".. the guys would get over it as long as we are getting results... Didnt Birchie come in for Eve.. life would go on....
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »
this can either be a real blessing  or a true curse
only time will tell

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »
I think beenie will use Jlloyd as a sub for latas. After we wrap up the game early ...... take off latas for some rest for the away leg.

By the time Jlloyd comes on .... we'll already have 4-0 cushion should be enough.

Bro the only person, and rightly so (oxymoron?), that Jlloyd replacing is the out-of-this-league, Avery John. Avery is all heart but this is a different league now. This is calculus time. avery still having trouble with arithmetic.

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
  • Who the cap fit, let them wear it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2005, 03:57:36 PM »

Bro the only person, and rightly so (oxymoron?), that Jlloyd replacing is the out-of-this-league, Avery John. Avery is all heart but this is a different league now. This is calculus time. avery still having trouble with arithmetic.

I disagree with both of you. Samuel could/would be used on the left of midfield.

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2005, 04:02:44 PM »
Them men have to start on the bench.

This is a big game you not sure how they go react.

I say organise a practice match and see how they perform otherwise leave them on the bench

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2005, 04:04:07 PM »

I disagree with both of you. Samuel could/would be used on the left of midfield.

Would not happen....Beenie knows where our weakness lies.........If JLoyd plays it will be left wing back as he normally plays

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »
sammy had a legit chance of seeing time for england but zamora never did, so he had no excuse for holding out... I think if we doh make it, sammy will continue to show interest in us, but I think zamora might dissappear.... my 2 cents

I really don't understand why people are more accepting of JLloyd than of Zamora.  As far as I see their situations are remarkably similar.  Both played for England U-21, both are 24 years old, both of them had early success in their pro careers, both are now having trouble establishing first team places and most importantly both of them put England and their club ahead of us till we got to the playoff.  Now people looking from afar and saying that one is more genuine than the other.  Two weeks ago neither of them wanted to play for us, and now we reading people's minds and know which one would bail out on us?

Maybe I missed some article or something where one or the other said something that led to these conclusions.  Is it that JLloyd is fulfilling a need that we recognize to be more pressing?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2005, 04:35:12 PM »
sammy had a legit chance of seeing time for england but zamora never did, so he had no excuse for holding out... I think if we doh make it, sammy will continue to show interest in us, but I think zamora might dissappear.... my 2 cents

I really don't understand why people are more accepting of JLloyd than of Zamora.  As far as I see their situations are remarkably similar.  Both played for England U-21, both are 24 years old, both of them had early success in their pro careers, both are now having trouble establishing first team places and most importantly both of them put England and their club ahead of us till we got to the playoff.  Now people looking from afar and saying that one is more genuine than the other.  Two weeks ago neither of them wanted to play for us, and now we reading people's minds and know which one would bail out on us?

Maybe I missed some article or something where one or the other said something that led to these conclusions.  Is it that JLloyd is fulfilling a need that we recognize to be more pressing?

Jlloyd actually sit down on ah england bench so he had more case to cut style....

... and oh yes he's left-footed
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2005, 04:36:26 PM »
MAYBE IF YOU WAS READING A LITTLE LONGER YOU'LL KNOW BOTH OF THEIR VIEWS

ONE SAID THEY WONT PLAY AND ONE SAID THAT HE'S KEEPING HIS OPTIONS OPEN. DO A SEARCH OR SOMTHING
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 05:09:20 PM »
well I have been reading for as long as it has been an issue:
this is what Zamora said: Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham
are more important

I couldn't find the exact words that JLloyd said but he was quite clear that England was his preference if they showed any interest in him.  I really doh consider that leaving your options open.   He basically choose trinidad when he only had one option left.   Getting onto England squad ahead of either Ashley Cole or Bridge for next year was already going to be difficult, and now impossible if he on the bench behind Bouma.  In fact if you want to look at it one way the fact that Zamora is willing to play now means that he had indeed left his options open.

Anyhow, whatever is whatever, I say take the two of them.  We need the depth, and they would have no choice but to sweat for us if they ever want to achieve anything in international football after this campaign.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 05:14:14 PM by daryn »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2005, 05:24:52 PM »
well I have been reading for as long as it has been an issue:
this is what Zamora said: Trinidad is my dad's country and to play in the finals would be a dream but West Ham
are more important

I couldn't find the exact words that JLloyd said but he was quite clear that England was his preference if they showed any interest in him. I really doh consider that leaving your options open. He basically choose trinidad when he only had one option left. Getting onto England squad ahead of either Ashley Cole or Bridge for next year was already going to be difficult, and now impossible if he on the bench behind Bouma. In fact if you want to look at it one way the fact that Zamora is willing to play now means that he had indeed left his options open.

Anyhow, whatever is whatever, I say take the two of them. We need the depth, and they would have no choice but to sweat for us if they ever want to achieve anything in international football after this campaign.

I don't think is a question of if to take them or not to take them anymore. It looks like its happening anyway.  I think we should be asking ourselves how will they fit in.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2005, 05:27:38 PM »

Would not happen....Beenie knows where our weakness lies.........If JLoyd plays it will be left wing back as he normally plays

You apparently ain't see trinidad play any sort of football in the last couple months. The left wing back position is not where the weakness lies with this team. There will always be room for improvement troughout the entire side but the only clear weakness we have at present is on the left midfield. We just DO NOT  have a left footed midfielder. The last couple games Latapy and Carlos have been interchanging between these two positions. However if/when Jlloyd comes to play that would be the position for him..... In front of Avery. Jlloyd is accustomed going forward for Villa so the transition would not be that must of a problem.

Carlos plays right midfield for the national side but is a right back at Luton.

Even if Beenie decides to use Jlloyd...... it will/should be for Latapy. Why i say that...

Latapy from all appearances has been given the permission to roam on the field..... deciding where he feels he's needed at the time. Latapy is no big runner to cross balls down the left. His interchange with Carlos works pretty well. The first 60 -70 should be enough for the little magician to wave his wand and stick in a couple goals for the Warriors and generally harass the Bahrain side. Jlloyd could then be introduced to run them fellas ragged on the left. Leaving Yorke, Birchall, Whitley/Theobald and Carlos in the middle to handle things.

Why take off latas...... the man will need that extra time to rest befor making a 7 hour flight to do battle again.

Birchall in my opinion can't come off .... he is the best suited to win balls for us in the middle. Whitley has now stepped into the shoes he's supposedto be wearing ....... the man has the skill and composure to take it to defenders ...and it's finally beginning to show. Carlos running man until dey tongue out dey mouth ...and only breaking man back and putting in crosses. Well the skipper...... he just controlling the whole team.

That back line beenie not going to interfere with Them fellas starting to read each other well and he not going and disrupt that chemistry.

Dog, Tallest, Avery and Spann. handling things ..... with Sancho and Gray to come in anytime we have a problem..
Studied Madology

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 05:33:38 PM »
Thanks Cowen, i just didn't have the patience ;)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 05:38:30 PM »

;D
them men like dey does crawl out from under a flicking rock... or everynow and then the flicking zoo does let dem go to come on this site and talk shit.

Studied Madology

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »

Doh make that mistake.... like if heart doh count.... yuh ever get a Avery tackle???? yuh woulda never talk like that... yuh own words give yuh away there... de first ting yuh look for is heart .... avery place book.... lock up ... de lef' side already close down.... buh yuh mus' be a BSC supporter cause is only BSC try to keep Avery down.... ask yuhself why Beenie pick de man...  :chilling:

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 06:17:22 PM »
Doh make that mistake.... like if heart doh count.... yuh ever get a Avery tackle???? yuh woulda never talk like that... yuh own words give yuh away there... de first ting yuh look for is heart .... avery place book.... lock up ... de lef' side already close down.... buh yuh mus' be a BSC supporter cause is only BSC try to keep Avery down.... ask yuhself why Beenie pick de man...  :chilling:

WHAT WHAT WHAAATTTT!!!!!!  :o  :o

Sub ah BSC supporter... what!!!?????

greenpea yuh words give yuh away as ah now come

Sub1 musbe was de first and only man at de start to set up he stall against BSC... very very staunch against Bertille... Sub is a man could rightly tell everyone here... "I told you so" on a number of issues... but he doesnt... I respect that as well as his views
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

TrinInfinite

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 06:21:52 PM »
ah second dat motion dey, sub was neva an advocate of bsc, greenpea yuh have 2 rethink ur statement dey, or take it and cool it

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 06:38:12 PM »
Beenie ain't go do nothing that go hurt de team.  Yuh think he didn't have to do with the egos and grousing at Real Madrid and HOLLAND (de team where there used to be the most grousing before Van Basten got rid of the egos)?  Samuel obviously offers us soem options in the midfield as well as the back.  I'm sure Beenie will organize some scrimmage to observe these guys.  At this point, we can't really decide anything for de man, so we have to hope that the team looks at the big picture, which is getting the the World Cup.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »

;D
them men like dey does crawl out from under a flicking rock... or everynow and then the flicking zoo does let dem go to come on this site and talk shit.

After your long explanation of nothing really let just say that anytime Jlloyd plays it will be at the expense of Avery. I like avery as a person but he is way out of his league at the moment. Greenpea I agree that BSC kept Avery down and I also agree that Avery is the best we have right now for the position he plays. That does not translate into avery being good enough for the ride. Along comes someone of the calibre of JLloyd and Avery gots to sit it out.

In the mean time all you cognoscenti can debate but lets wait and see where Jlloyd plays if and when he plays.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2005, 06:59:49 PM »
It look like hte football illiterate nakhid was talking bout was you. True to ur name ....... u will be a sub for life. Not intelligent enough to grasp the basics concepts of modern day football.

So mr "genius" and i use the term loosely..... who will play in front Jlloyd should he be added to the team at the expense of the impressive Avery.  ??? ???
Studied Madology

Offline Marlon

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »

;D

After your long explanation of nothing really let just say that anytime Jlloyd plays it will be at the expense of Avery. I like avery as a person but he is way out of his league at the moment. Greenpea I agree that BSC kept Avery down and I also agree that Avery is the best we have right now for the position he plays. That does not translate into avery being good enough for the ride. Along comes someone of the calibre of JLloyd and Avery gots to sit it out.

In the mean time all you cognoscenti can debate but lets wait and see where Jlloyd plays if and when he plays.

I agree we can only speculate at the moment. But hear this:

Avery has not been doing a BAD job as left back.
Jlloyd is an attacking left back ala Roberto Carlos, Ashley Cole etc.
Avery is not an attacking threat.
We have an ISSUE with the left side of midfield.
Jlloyd much publicised ability to attack as a wing back, must be viewed as an ideal option for the left midfield position.

It is as simple as that.

Now stop that cacaphony of infantile rhetoric, or, nonsensical diatribe. (see, I know big words too) ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 07:10:32 PM by Marlon »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2005, 07:09:59 PM »
It look like hte football illiterate nakhid was talking bout was you. True to ur name ....... u will be a sub for life. Not intelligent enough to grasp the basics concepts of modern day football.

So mr "genius" and i use the term loosely..... who will play in front Jlloyd should he be added to the team at the expense of the impressive Avery.  ??? ???

Maybe you might be right like you were about our previous coach. But genius, and i dont use it loosely but as an oxymoron for you, lets wait and see what Beenie does. Btw the possibility exist that nakhid was speaking about me. Lets just hope that Beenie doesnt prove it to be you.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2005, 07:10:08 PM »
Fellas, real men talking sh!t.  Avery eh going nowhere.  He spot as left back book.  Trust me.  J'Lloyd coming in and will play in the left midfield.  Or, in Birchall's spot sweeping in front of the defense if the white boy gets tired, picks up an injury, or Beenie wants to rest him for the second leg after a good night's work on the 12th.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005, 07:12:29 PM »

Now stop that cacaphony of infantile rhetoric, or, nonsensical diatribe. (see, I know big words too) ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
we have less than a month to see your wisdom played off.

1]; } ?>