April 28, 2024, 12:59:17 PM

Author Topic: No gas no where!!  (Read 2321 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No gas no where!!
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:05:46 PM »
To all the NYC members, anyone knows where there's a station that's selling gas? been looking since yesterday and could not find one single station, finally i gave up and decided to keep my little quarter tank of gas. 

i spoke to ah fella who told me that he got gas in queens, he said it's near rosevelt island in long island city, he also told me of a hess gas station in elmhurst. the thing is, i don't know elmhurst nor long island city. are there any members who live in queens and may be familiar with these gas stations??

need gas bad, if anyone knows of any where that may have juice please holla back.   thanx.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:01:36 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: No gas no where!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 07:57:55 AM »
I from Long Island City and I know all de gas stations... but right now I ent home.

If you take the BQE and get off on McGuinness exit and make the left onto McGuinness... take that all the way over the Pulaski bridge. Make the right on Jackson and then de left on 21st street. It have two gas stations right on that corner. If you can't get gas there. Keep going north on 21st street. When you pass under the Queensboro bridge, you will see endless gas station from about the corner of 38th avenue and 21st street.

Also you will see gas stations all along the route before you even get to the Pulaski bridge eh... so keep an eye out. good luck.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »
If yuh have gas to take yuh far enough, many in Nassau have gas and the lines not bad at all, at least, as of yesterday, 15-30 min wait max.  PM me if yuh interested and will give yuh some directions, assuming yuh run outta luck in Queens by FF, in fact, thru both of us yuh culd probably find someting
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
Thanx guys.

hey barataria i will take yuh up on your offer, but lemme try where FF suggested. i will wait until 2 am to step out when ppl are exhausted and lines are fast. if i don't find it where he suggested then i will hail yuh back, much obliged.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
what about the stations on the turnpike?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 07:00:12 PM »
Thanx guys.

hey barataria i will take yuh up on your offer, but lemme try where FF suggested. i will wait until 2 am to step out when ppl are exhausted and lines are fast. if i don't find it where he suggested then i will hail yuh back, much obliged.

No seen JC, lemme give yuh some coordinates now just in case yuh need it.  There is a gulf at the corner of marcus and hillside avenues in garden city, just a little east of new hyde park and north of hempstead; then there is a shell at the corner of new hyde park avenue and jericoh tpke in the town of new hyde park 2-3 mins from the gulf; mobil corner of northern blvd and glen cove road, this is a bit further away in the town of greenvale and opposite there is also a shell.  Best of luck bredda, hopefully it works out soon, bless
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 08:36:04 AM »
I hearing the odd story about things getting heated in the gas lines and man pulling gun and ting.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »

Free gas (10 gallons/person) at Bedford Union Amory, 1579 Bedford Avenue.

My cuz said she waited 20 minutes this morning and got her 10 gallons

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 11:09:06 AM »
JC, give us an update when you can, bless

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:03 PM »
JC, give us an update when you can, bless
Sorry it took so long to respond barataria, i was on the hunt yesterday to no avail. i must have lined up in about 4 different lines before i finally got about 6 1/2 gallons in williamsberg.

yesterday i was in a line that was 3 1/2 blocks long, avenue blocks that is, and i only got half a block after 4 hrs, i finally said fack it and got out the line and went on the hunt, mind you this was the free gas BS in the armory in BKLYN.

i went to another gas station on 4th ave and saw one of the biggest lines ever, so i bounced, i then went to bedford ave where i waited for 2 hrs only to have the stinkin cops lock off the gas talking bout the gas done, which was a lie.

finally after chasing gas all day i took ah chance and asked ah spanish cabby where he got gas, he lead me to a gas station in south williamsberg on kent ave just off the BQE. i lined up with ah five gallon bottle and ah african bredder loaned me his 2 1/2 gallon bottle and joined ah very short line, it took me one hr but it was worth it.

another african dude whom i met on the line told me that there's nuff gas in connecticut. he said it's off exit 4 on I 95 north, exit then make a left @ the light and about a quarter mile down have about four different gas stations full of gas and no lines, so yuh dun know that's where i'm heading tonight as soon as the traffic ease up.

i also saw on newyork one a web site to check for stations that definitely have gas. here's the address.  http://gasbuddy.com/sandy.           good luck
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:24:23 PM by just cool »

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 08:54:22 PM »
Good luck allyuh.  That sound like pressure just to be able to go to work.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:29 AM »
Thanks JC, I live in Nassau but work in mid-Westchester.  Lines in Nassau are horrendous and power is slowly trickling back.  Lines in mid-Westchester are not bad at all based on my one experience this AM.  The problem must be orders of magnitude worse in NJ, hang in there Tri-state

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 04:12:51 AM »
Got a full tank yesterday, waited for about an hour. i looked on line and found that there was a gas station on flushing and clinton near the navy yard with fuel. this on line searching is boss, saving me a lot of time and gas hunting for stations with fuel.

my bredren went up to CT off exit 4 on i 95 north and he said there was no wait, just like i suspected, so he plans to go back on wed bc he has an 8 cylinder gas guzzler.

barataria, you have ah big commute bro, from LI to westchester is ah trek son!  right now i think the best thing for you is to take the ferry over to CT with your car and full up and come back by ferry again, or maybe take the throgs neck or whitestone br to the bronx and then get on i 95 and full up, either way it's the easiest option.      good luck bro.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:16:43 AM by just cool »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
Got a full tank yesterday, waited for about an hour. i looked on line and found that there was a gas station on flushing and clinton near the navy yard with fuel. this on line searching is boss, saving me a lot of time and gas hunting for stations with fuel.

my bredren went up to CT off exit 4 on i 95 north and he said there was no wait, just like i suspected, so he plans to go back on wed bc he has an 8 cylinder gas guzzler.

barataria, you have ah big commute bro, from LI to westchester is ah trek son!  right now i think the best thing for you is to take the ferry over to CT with your car and full up and come back by ferry again, or maybe take the throgs neck or whitestone br to the bronx and then get on i 95 and full up, either way it's the easiest option.      good luck bro.

:rotfl:

Yeah, dais most folks reaction when ah tell dem ah live LI, but ah on de LI-Queens border, so all in all in 45-60 mins I in wuk and I drive a Prius  ;D.  If meh boy down de road hurry up and buy de boat den ah will be further set.

Seriously, will see how long dis gas ting take to settle, who knows if de pending mini storm may add insult to injury

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »
http://www.newyorkgasprices.com/index.aspx?area=Brooklyn .

Try this it might help ,it help me

That is gasbuddy. I have the app on my phone and it says which ones have gas.
try this: http://www.gasbuddy.com/sandy/ shows on a map in red or green what has gas. Also has details of gas supply by the hour.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 09:17:44 PM by E-man »

1]; } ?>