April 18, 2024, 11:09:01 PM

Author Topic: another pest or an Innocent one  (Read 2976 times)

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
another pest or an Innocent one
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:58:23 AM »
You be the Judge  if you wish , I am not god suh mi stop Judge man .... anyway RIP to all falling soildiers  and condolence to there family . I always memba wat my mother teach me from a yute  yu live by di gun yu die by the gun .......

Man, nephew found dead in car

By Rickie Ramdass rickie.ramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Oct 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM ECT
(
Story Updated: Oct 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM ECT )

A DOUBLE murder in the Northern Division on Tuesday night is now engaging the attention of homicide detectives.

The two latest murder victims have since been identified as 52-year-old Rudolph Chambers, of Tobago, and his nephew, Demetri Chambers, 23, of Curepe.

Demetri was the brother of Miss Trinidad and Tobago/World 2010 Davia Chambers.

Both men were found dead in a car along Farm Road, St Joseph, pushing the country's murder toll for the year to 322, according to an Express tally.

The men's names were released late yesterday evening by investigators after their relatives went to the Forensic Science Centre at Federation Park, St James, and confirmed their identities.

Police said around 11.30 p.m., they received an anonymous phone call stating that there was a black Mazda 323 parked at Farm Road.

Police said they found the vehicle with its engine still running. It was when the officers looked into the car that they saw the men slumped over, with gunshot wounds to the head.

A district medical officer was called in and pronounced the men dead and ordered the bodies be removed to the Forensic Science Centre, where autopsies are expected to be performed today.

Criminal Investigation Department officers and detectives from the Homicide Bureau of Investigations are continuing enquiries.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: another pest or an Innocent one
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 08:54:09 AM »

Story Updated: Oct 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM ECT )

EVEN though he lived walking distance away from two policemen and a soldier, marathon runner Peter Andrews was killed yesterday morning.

Andrews, 45, who is mostly known as "Shortman", was seen lying in his yard around 4 a.m. yesterday by a policeman who lived across from Andrews at Rosehill Street, Claxton Bay. Andrews lived alone.

Andrews's brother, Corporal Patterson Andrews, who lived behind him, was notified by the other policeman.

Patterson Andrews, the other policeman and their two sons found the deceased bleeding and lying on his right shoulder. There was one stab wound to the chest.

Andrews was rushed to the Couva District Health Facility, where he succumbed to his injuries.

Andrews, a veteran marathoner, took his last training run on Saturday evening, from Claxton Bay to Pointe-a-Pierre and back.

He was preparing to race next Sunday in the UWI-SPEC Half Marathon.

Andrews ran his first Trinidad and Tobago Marathon back in 1984 and he was consistently among the top 20 finishers in the annual classic.

He was a founding and life member of Athletics Central, always sporting the club's green and white outfit. He participated in most of the major road races in the country.

News of his death plunged both the road-running fraternity and the Claxton Bay community into mourning. Andrews was described as a "nice person" who was a mentor to youths in his village, steering them toward fitness and sports.

And this is the second time in nine months that a member of the Andrews family was killed.

On January 24, Andrews's nephew, Aldon Pegus, a dog trainer, was shot and killed outside his home. Pegus lived next-door to the Andrews family.

Andrews's family members are clueless as to why someone would want to kill him.

They said Andrews was a humble person, known to everyone in the area where he lived and he "had no beef with anybody".

No-one heard or saw anything that may be able to assist police in their investigations, said family and friends.

Patterson Andrews said: "I was up in the gallery with my son till around 12.30. I then went inside and watched TV till about 3.30. I would usually look at the house before I go to sleep, but this time I did not do it. I don't know how long he was there for or what happened."

Andrews's girlfriend, Juliana Mitchell, said Andrews was planning to participate in the upcoming UWI half-marathon.

A tearful Mitchell said: "He (Andrews) told me that if the registration was closed off, he would have cried. He wanted to participate so badly. He was a good person. He have no beef with anybody. I want the person who did this to him to be caught and be brought to justice."

An autopsy is expected to take place today.

Officers from the Couva Police Station are continuing investigations.

The murder toll now stands at 328, according to an Express tally.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56:27 AM »

A 31-year-old El Socorro contractor was murdered on Saturday night as he attempted to protect his girlfriend and one of his employees from two armed men. The victim, Shannol Mahabir, of Mohammed Trace, El Socorro, and his employee Mukesh Ramcharitar, were liming at his girlfriend’s bar around 8 pm.

Ramcharitar told police that shortly before 9 pm, two strange men entered the bar, bought a round of drinks and left. Mahabir and Ramcharitar became suspicious when the duo returned ten minutes later. One of the suspects entered the bar while the other waited outside.

When Mahabir heard his girlfriend scream for help, he rushed to her assistance. As Mahabir struggled with the man inside the bar Ramcharitar said the other suspect drew a firearm from his waist. Ramcharitar attempted to disarm the man but the gunman then pointed the weapon at Ramcharitar and threatened to kill him.

Man killed during El Socorro bar robbery

Eyewitnesses said Mahabir rushed to his employee’s assistance and was fatally shot. The bullet ricocheted hitting Ramcharitar in the face. The two suspects then ran away empty-handed. Officers from the North Eastern Division Task Force led by Sgt Roger Alexander and Cpl Sunil Bharath arrived at the scene less than five minutes after the shooting and took the injured men to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex in Mt Hope.

Mahabir was pronounced dead on arrival, while Ramcharitar was treated and discharged yesterday morning. Eyewitnesses were able to provide detailed descriptions of the attackers and investigators said yesterday afternoon that arrests would be imminent. In a interview at Mahabir’s home, his cousin Sunil Samaad said: “This was a senseless killing. Shannol was everybody life. We can’t get over this.”

Samaad said that his cousin’s heroic actions were not a surprise to his family or friends as he would always come to the assistance of those he knew were in need. “He would always do anything for the people he cared about,” Samaad said. “This whole street in mourning right now. Everybody feeling it,” an elderly neighbour shouted from her yard.

The murder toll stood at 328 up to late yesterday. ASP Mahabir, PCs Trevor Rambaran, Clint Dass and Jerome Gordon are investigating Mahabir’s murder.

Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 02:02:20 AM »
A MARACAS Valley man was shot dead as he stood opposite his family's home on Thursday night, for reasons unknown, according to the police.

The year's murder toll stood at 333 up to press time last night.

Police said that at 7.05 p.m., Marlon Briscoe, 35, of Guarata Hill, Maracas Valley, St Joseph, was standing outside the home of his family when a gunman walked up to him and opened fire.

Briscoe was hit five times. He fell to the ground and died on the spot.

Briscoe's body was eventually moved to the Port of Spain Mortuary then to the Forensic Science Centre, Federation Park. yesterday when a post-mortem examination concluded he died as a result of the several gunshot wounds he sustained.

The Express attempted to interview his relatives at the Science Centre but they declined to say much about him.

Homicide Bureau officers are continuing investigations.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 01:18:54 AM »
JIMMY KHAN, whose body was found on the roadside in Couva on Saturday with a bullet wound to the head, was a fugitive being sought by the police for several months.

A senior officer attached to Central Police Division told the Express that police were in search of Khan, 29, of Preysal, in connection with a robbery in Couva.

A sketch of a person resembling Khan was posted on a wall at Couva Police Station up until yesterday.

The sketch was done following a robbery in June at a house at McBean Village, Couva.

Police said they are exploring several leads in his killing, but there were no suspects as yet.

Khan was found dead at the side of the road at La Fortune Street.

He had a single gunshot wound to the left head.

An autopsy was expected to be conducted on his body at the Forensic Science Centre, Federation Park, yesterday.

Southern Division Homicide officer Sergeant Maharaj is investigating.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:11:31 AM »
like father,like son

Printery owner stabbed to death 20 years after dad Annamunthodo murdered

By Carolyn Kissoon carolyn.kissoon@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Nov 1, 2012 at 10:03 PM ECT
(
Story Updated: Nov 1, 2012 at 10:04 PM ECT )

VIREN Annamunthodo, son of murdered political activist and pamphleteer Walter Annamunthodo, was ambushed and stabbed to death as he arrived to open his businessplace yesterday.

The murder of Annamunthodo and that of a 19-year-old man in Laventille on Wednesday night have brought the murder toll to 336 for the year.

Annamunthodo, owner of Unique Services Printery in Pleasantville, San Fernando, was attacked as he stepped out of his gold-coloured Nissan Almera car around 7.30 a.m.

The killer fled and 57-year-old Annamunthodo dragged himself back into the vehicle and telephoned his wife, Denise.

He however died shortly after she placed him in the back seat of her car.

The killing happened in the driveway of the family's businessplace in Cassia Avenue, Pleasantville. The Annamunthodos live a short distance away in Pleasantville Avenue.

The dead man's sister-in-law, Dawn Annamunthodo, said, "I was coming from the gym when I saw a police vehicle outside the printery. I stopped and saw my brother-in-law lying in the car. I understand that he had just arrived to open the business when he was ambushed and stabbed. He called his wife and she came with the housekeeper. They tried to put him in her car, but he died before they could have left to go to the hospital."

Viren Annamunthodo, father of two girls and a boy, had inherited the business from his late father.

The elder Annamunthodo was killed in 1992 while editing the book Atma Greet, a collection of Hindi bhajans. His battered body was found at his two-bedroom home in St Clements. An autopsy found he was hit on the head with a stone or blunt instrument and bled to death.

Viren Annamunthodo is also a distant relative of Amy Annamunthodo, the four-year-old girl who was beaten to death at her Marabella home in 2006.

Police said Viren Annamunthodo was not robbed of his belongings, and officers were unable to determine the motive of the killing. His lunch was scattered in the driveway yesterday.

His wife and daughter, Ananya, cried as the undertakers removed his body from the car yesterday while employees hugged each other and cried.

One employee said, "I have been working here for 18 years. He usually comes in early, around 7.30 a.m., and opens the business. When I came this morning, I saw a police car.

"I heard the boss was stabbed and he called his wife. He told her he was attacked and to come. When she came with the housekeeper, she saw him and he was still breathing. She put him in the back seat of her car.

"A police car was passing and she stopped the car, but when the police checked, he was dead."

Raymond McDavid, a friend, said he last saw Annamunthodo on Tuesday.

"We went to Paradise cemetery to clean the graves of his wife's parents to light up this evening for All Saints. Then in the evening, I saw him watering his plants. I have known him a long time, and he was a good person. I don't know him to have any enemies."

Relatives said Annamunthodo recently returned from Canada, where his daughter Amrita is attending university.

Regarding the murder in Laventille, it is believed a fight over turf was the reason 19-year-old Akeil Questelles, of Dan Kelly Village, Eastern Quarry, was killed on Wednesday night.

Police said Questelles had an argument with another man over who was in control of certain parts of the community.

Around 7.20 p.m., Questelles was standing along the roadway close to his home when two men in a white Nissan Wingroad station wagon pulled up nearby.

Investigators said the men came out of the car and began firing at Questelles, who was shot a number of times about the body.

He managed to run a short distance but eventually collapsed on the road.

Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) officers who arrived on the scene shortly after took the injured man to the Port of Spain General Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

Officers of the Besson Street Police Station, along with the Homicide Bureau of Investigations (HBI) and the Port of Spain Criminal Investigations Department (CID), visited the scene and conducted enquiries.
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 12:34:08 AM »
The semi-conscious body of a Freeport policeman was dragged out of a pond yesterday morning after bandits attacked him during a botched robbery. The incident also claimed the life of a 19-year-old male suspect who was shot during an exchange of gunfire with police.

PC Michael Mohammed, of Princes Town, and Avidesh Saransingh, of Arena Road, Freeport, were taken to the Couva Health Centre, where Saransingh died on arrival. Mohammed was given 20 stitches and discharged.

Reports are that around 1.30 am, the owner of Saver’s Supermarket reported to police bandits were attempting to break into his Calcutta Settlement, Freeport, home. As the police entered the premises and announced their presence, the bandits opened fire. During a shootout, Saransingh was shot in the lower abdomen.

After seeing their accomplice felled, the other bandits ran into the bush at the back of the building, with two policemen in pursuit. However, one of the bandits ambushed Mohammed and began to clobber him on the head with a gun. Mohammed was eventually pushed into a pond, said to be ten to 15 feet deep, where the bandit attempted to drown him.

After several minutes in the water, Mohammed became semi-unconscious and the bandit escaped by running into the bush. On returning, Mohammed’s partner found him partially submerged in the water and pulled him out.

A party of senior police officers, led by Snr Supt Deodath Dulalchan, Supt Johnny Abraham, ASP Curtis Paul and Insp Wayne Lawrence, arrived on the scene and joined in a manhunt for the other suspects. Police believe they are from the area and are confident of apprehending them
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »
Young father killed in Bon Air

By Jensen LaVende jensen.lavende@trinidadexpress.com

Story Created: Nov 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM ECT
(
Story Updated: Nov 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM ECT )

KERLON NICHOLS was supposed to have been in a celebratory mood as his second child was due to be born anytime this week.

Instead his killers have robbed him and his family of that joy after they took his life on Sunday night.

The last thing Nichols did concerning his child was rub the belly of his girlfriend, his father Dexter Nichols told the Express yesterday at the Forensic Science Centre in Federation Park.

Nichols, 21, was shot and killed around 9.35 p.m. on Sunday outside his Finch Drive, Bon Air Gardens, home.

According to police reports, a party of officers attached to the Arouca CID responded to a shooting in the area. On arrival, they discovered Nichols' lifeless body outside his home.

Speaking with members of the media at the Forensic Centre, Nichols' mother Sharon Llewellyn said her son was a loving young man and she was unsure why anyone would want to harm him.

Llewellyn said the last thing her son told her was he was tired and wanted to rest.

"He said to me he going and wash the car and come back home because he tired and wanted to rest. Those were the last words he said."

The customer care representative with Servisair at Piarco International Airport was killed just after returning from washing his car.

The senior Nichols said his son was the type who would make sure to give his two siblings presents for Christmas and on their birthdays.

Police have no motive for the killing as Nichols was not known to them to be involved in any illegal activity and robbery was ruled out as a possible motive since his car was not taken after he was shot.

Nichols' murder pushed the toll to 340 for the year according to the Express tally.
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>