April 28, 2024, 04:51:24 PM

Author Topic: Keith ""Rabai" Weekes went home. RIP  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keith ""Rabai" Weekes went home. RIP
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
I was told Keith "Rabai" Weekes died Tuesday past. I don't know the cause of his passing as yet. Rabai  with  Derek Lewis were the younger players on our 74 youth team. He was from Curepe. Lived right next to Planet cinema. We practically lived in the St. Joseph savannah. he went st. Joseph RC like myself. We played in the St Joseph CYO league. We had a team called Chelsea. His team was Rangers. Chelsea-Rangers clash in the St. Joseph savannah on a Sat. morning was like Celtic-Rangers Old firm clash. He was a lefty, a bit slow but was a very good passer of the ball. We both clash in the collegse league when Tranquil met QRC in some memorable intercol games at Fatima ground. We had a great time in Toronto 74 on the TT youth squad in the Concacaf tournament.  Keith is the 2nd player from that squad to have passed. the other is Winty Hackett. Also Arnold "Chicken" Leotaud, Roderick Warner and Egbert Solomon, the officials on that squad have passed also. May they all find friendship in the other home. RIP. God Bless.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:34:11 PM by Deeks »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Keith ""Rabai" Weekes went home. RIP
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 12:31:31 AM »
Nice tribute Deeks.  Tall with a languid playing style, he was a critical component of the great tranquil squad in the 70's led by "Tom" Phillip
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 06:54:59 AM »
Thanks Deeks, very well done.

RIP baller
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Trevor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:28:57 AM »
Deeks,

Was he Ken Butcher's brother-in-law?  How did he pass?  Sorry to hear this news.  RIP brother.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
Deeks,

Was he Ken Butcher's brother-in-law?  How did he pass?  Sorry to hear this news.  RIP brother.

Yes Trev, Ken is married to his big sister. I don't know the details of his passing as yet. I knew that he was ailing before that. I will let the forum know as the news come to me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »
Nice tribute Deeks, I didn't know "Rabai" but after reading your comments I feel like I was there watching him play for myself.  I giving mih family yuh number just in case anything happen to me so that yuh could come and pour out ah drink lol  :beermug:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 01:50:49 PM »
I was told Keith "Rabai" Weekes died Tuesday past. I don't know the cause of his passing as yet. Rabai  with  Derek Lewis were the younger players on our 74 youth team. He was from Curepe. Lived right next to Planet cinema. We practically lived in the St. Joseph savannah. he went st. Joseph RC like myself. We played in the St Joseph CYO league. We had a team called Chelsea. His team was Rangers. Chelsea-Rangers clash in the St. Joseph savannah on a Sat. morning was like Celtic-Rangers Old firm clash. He was a lefty, a bit slow but was a very good passer of the ball. We both clash in the collegse league when Tranquil met QRC in some memorable intercol games at Fatima ground. We had a great time in Toronto 74 on the TT youth squad in the Concacaf tournament.  Keith is the 2nd player from that squad to have passed. the other is Winty Hackett. Also Arnold "Chicken" Leotaud, Roderick Warner and Egbert Solomon, the officials on that squad have passed also. May they all find friendship in the other home. RIP. God Bless.

Correct meh here Deeks, wasn't Denzil White on that youth squad as well ? and he has passed on to..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 01:54:18 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 03:55:18 PM »

Correct meh here Deeks, wasn't Denzil White on that youth squad as well ? and he has passed on to..

Nah he was after me. I think I was in the states when them came out. I heard he was a super player, unfortunately I never seen him play.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:16 PM »
Nice tribute Deeks, I didn't know "Rabai" but after reading your comments I feel like I was there watching him play for myself.  I giving mih family yuh number just in case anything happen to me so that yuh could come and pour out ah drink lol  :beermug:

Nah, I hope we can take many drinks before that happen. I hope all ah we can have some drinks before the Final Call. Thanks, Bro.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »

Nah, I hope we can take many drinks before that happen. I hope all ah we can have some drinks before the Final Call. Thanks, Bro.

:beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 12:15:52 AM »

Nah he was after me. I think I was in the states when them came out. I heard he was a super player, unfortunately I never seen him play.

Big Big player....Denzil White was a deadly player in a team full of deadlies.....he brother Eric "Ole Man" White, Ian "Moose" Clauzel, Emerson Dubisson, Wendell "Tractor" Belgrave etc.  Special team dat. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:19:31 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>