March 28, 2024, 11:07:48 AM

Author Topic: 10 most indebted countries  (Read 2576 times)

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
10 most indebted countries
« on: October 23, 2012, 06:50:02 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BIdD-31otWQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BIdD-31otWQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 10 most indebted countries
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
How come the U.S. didn't make that list?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:53:20 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:08 PM »
For the sake of knowing, what is our GDP like?

PS: never mind, i found it, $24. 625 billion, @ least 2010. 

Global Finance celebrates its 25th Anniversary in 2012 with a Special Commemorative Edition

Home
    Latest Edition
    Archives
    Tools
    Press Room
    Videos

Advertising Information
    Magazine Subscriptions

Home Country Economic Reports & GDP Data Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance
Trinidad and Tobago

Trinidad and Tobago Country Report: GDP data and GDP forecasts; economic, financial and trade information; the best banks in Trinidad and Tobago; country and population overview

DATA ON GDP AND ECONOMIC INFORMATION
Central bank       Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago
International Reserves       US$ 9.692 billion (Source: World Bank; Data updated: November 2010)
Gross Domestic Product - GDP       US$ 24.625 billion (2010 estimate)
GDP (Purchasing Power Parity)       27.344 billion of International dollars (2010 estimate)
Real GDP growth       
2001    2002    2003    2004    2005    2006    2007    2008
3.8%    7.9%    14.4%    8%    6.2%    13.2%    4.8%    2.7%
2009    2010    2011    2012*             
-3.3%    0%    -1.3%    1.7%             

*Estimate
GDP per capita - current prices       US$ 18,528 (2010 estimate)
GDP per capita - PPP       $20,573 International Dollars (2010 estimate)
GDP (PPP) - share of world total       
1980    1990    2000    2010    2015**
0.05%    0.03%    0.03%    0.04%    0.03%

**Forecast
GDP - composition by sector       

agriculture: 0.4%
    industry: 58.9%
    services: 40.7% (2011 estimate)

(Data released on February 2012)

Gross domestic expenditure on R&D (% of GDP)       N/A

(Data released on March 2012)
Inflation       
7%    10.5%    5.1%    5.4%

*Estimate
Unemployment rate       
5.3%    5.9%    5.8%    5.5%

*Estimate
Household saving rates       N/A

(Data released on December 2011)
Public debt (General government gross debt as a % of GDP)       
2008    2009    2010    2011    2012*
24.9%    30.8%    35.9%    32.4%    37.3%

*Estimate
Public deficit (General government net lending/borrowing as a % of GDP)       
2008    2009    2010    2011*    2012**
8%    -8.9%    -3.8%    0.3%    -2.9%

*Estimate    **Forecast
Government bond ratings       

Standard & Poor's: A/Stable/A-1

Moody's rating: Baa1

Moody's outlook: STA

(Foreign Currency Government Bond Ratings; Data last updated Nov 2010)
Market value of publicly traded shares       
2007    2008    2009
US$15.605 billion    US$12.157 billion    US$11.145 billion
Largest companies in Trinidad and Tobago       N/A
DATA ON TRADE AND COMPETITIVENESS
COUNTRY AND POPULATION OVERVIEW
GLOBAL FINANCE RANKINGS AND AWARDS
ARTICLES AND COUNTRIES REPORTS FROM GLOBAL FINANCE ARCHIVE

Read more: http://www.gfmag.com/gdp-data-country-reports/159-trinidad-and-tobago-gdp-country-report.html#ixzz2AB2vwQxU
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike
Get a FREE subscription to Global Finance magazine : http://www.gfmag.com/subscribe.html
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:54:33 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:26:33 AM »
Didn't even know it had a country called Eritrea...even though they well to get on that list.
St.Kitts have a debt of approximately 1.7B...they should try to get T&T to pay that off for them and let them start from fresh :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
I was surprised to see Barbados and Japan.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 10:35:35 AM »

True dat...especially Japan who always doling out money all over the world...
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2012/08/08/the-caribbeans-towering-debt-crisis/#axzz2AFNIg8C2

The Caribbean’s towering debt crisis

If only the economic performance of the Caribbean matched the sporting prowess of its athletes.

The Caribbean may be sunnier than Europe, but it shares many of the Old Continent’s problems – namely anaemic economic growth, uncompetitive economies and burgeoning debt burdens.

The region’s overall debt burden – at about 55 per cent of the Caribbean’s gross domestic product, according to data from the International Monetary Fund – may not seem terribly high to residents of developed countries languishing under even larger piles of debts.

Yet less developed counties often struggle with debt ratios much lower than those of richer world, and many have seen the burden of debt servicing balloon in recent years.

Jamaica and Barbados have debt-to-GDP ratios over 100 per cent, even after the former was forced to into a domestic debt restructuring in 2010. Grenada, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, and St Lucia’s debt burdens are about 80 per cent of economic output, and Dominica and St Vincent and the Grenadines are about 70 per cent.

“The pre-crisis economic growth was able to mask a lot of problems, but that’s no longer possible,” says Stuart Culverhouse, chief economist at Exotix, a boutique investment bank. “A lot of these countries are not going to be able to grow out of their debt burden.”

Although the debts have been accumulating for some time, the immediate problem is the sluggish recovery of the local tourism industry after the financial crisis. Much of the Caribbean is dependent on visitors from the US and Europe, but numbers have dipped since the global financial crisis.

“Caribbean tourism has taken a really tough hit,” says Edward Al-Hussainy, an analyst at Moody’s. “In some countries tourism is only barely recovering to pre-crisis levels, and in many it’s still considerably below that.”

Dealing with big debts and struggling economies is more difficult under inflexible monetary conditions – another challenge which the Caribbean partly shares with Europe. The eastern rim of the region is locked in the Eastern Caribbean Currency Union, while many other countries heavily manage or peg their currencies to the dollar.

Devaluation, a classic pathway to improved competitiveness is therefore off the agenda. Nor can they print away their domestic debts in return for a bout of inflation. As a result, a spate of debt restructurings could be looming on the horizon.

Further economic headwinds could be brewing to the south. Venezuela’s “Petrocaribe” initiative, instituted by Hugo Chavez, allows many Caribbean countries to defer 50 per cent of the cost of oil purchases over 25 years. With Mr Chavez’ political future uncertain, the policy could be ended at some point soon, economists warn.

“The Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago and the Dominican Republic are probably the only countries with comfortable debt levels. But debts don’t have to be too high to be a problem,” Culverhouse points out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:34:36 PM »
Bahamas and DR appear to getting a large amount of visitors to maintain a mangeable debt/gdp ratio. Barbados apparently not getting that amount to offset theirs. Well TT would be drowning in debt was not for the luck of location. The South American oil belt.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:39:22 PM »
Bahamas and DR appear to getting a large amount of visitors to maintain a mangeable debt/gdp ratio. Barbados apparently not getting that amount to offset theirs. Well TT would be drowning in debt was not for the luck of location. The South American oil belt.

it nearly gone plus, production dropping and it have blocks being disputed all over d place.........u jus wait.......diversify!!!diversify!!!diversify!!!diversify!!! and tourism alone ain't goh work, we at a competitive disadvantage dat growin constantly
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 03:42:16 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 03:49:22 PM »
Lefty, I could go into all the economics, but why waste my time, trini leaders are a joke. Since the NAR days they talking about diversification, but all dem politrickians see is a pot to stick dey hand in, while society waste away.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 08:47:01 PM »
Lefty, I could go into all the economics, but why waste my time, trini leaders are a joke. Since the NAR days they talking about diversification, but all dem politrickians see is a pot to stick dey hand in, while society waste away.
Maybe they know something we don't, in any case, since when you come to that conclusion that our society is ah serious fackin joke?? look @ all the countries that depend on oil, especially in the middleast, they are all finding alternatives to supplement their incomes.

i saw this duc on Dubai about 5 yrs ago where they were leaning towards tourism as an alternative to oil dependency, well i guess everyone knows the story where they build a few man made islands and imported powder pink sand to make the beaches attractive.

anyway, my point iz, trinbago iz ah real fackin crab and manicoo society/ in other words, country arse backward! these ppl don't ever consider anything beyond the next year, ah sorry for the future generations in that nation of pirates.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 10:33:22 PM »
Diversification is good. The Gulf states have so much income that can make bad investments and still recover. They can build islands in the sea and everybody marvels. Patos tried to decorate the waterfront and he get kick in his arse.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
Japan was hit by an earthquake
Then a Tsunami and another earthquake
Nuclear melt down
All in the space of 8 yrs

Hard to recover from that. Major borrowing to rebuild.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »
Japan was hit by an earthquake
Then a Tsunami and another earthquake
Nuclear melt down
All in the space of 8 yrs

Hard to recover from that. Major borrowing to rebuild.
Makes ah lot of sense, would have never thought about that. BTW, why is the USA not on that list, we are trillions in debt, is it bc our GDP is maybe higher than our nation debt?

1]; } ?>