April 28, 2024, 07:55:59 PM

Author Topic: NYPD officer arrested by FBI over failed plot to kidnap women and cook them  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
NYPD officer Gilberto Valle arrested by FBI over failed plot to kidnap women and cook them
By Rocco Parascandola and Greg B. Smith (New York Daily News)

EXCLUSIVE: First look inside apartment of alleged cannibal cop Gilberto Valle. The NYPD vet is accused of horrific plot of planning to cook unsuspecting women 'over a low heat.' 'I was thinking of tying her body on to some kind of apparatus, cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible,' cops say Valle wrote in deranged on-line chat.

A Harlem cop plotted to kidnap, torture, cook and eat dozens of women — even going so far as to discuss the best way to slow-cook an adult in a series of disturbing on-line chats, the FBI charged Thursday.

The feds busted alleged cannibal cop Gilberto Valle, 28, after intercepting multiple internet discussions in which the 26th Precinct cop offered gory details about a nightmarish plan straight out of a horror flick.

The FBI and the NYPD’s Internal Affairs Bureau moved in after a tip from Valle’s estranged wife, a law enforcement source said.

“I was thinking of tying her body on to some kind of apparatus, cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible,” Valle wrote during one particularly harrowing chat.

Authorities arrested him Wednesday at his Yellowstone Blvd. apartment and he was to be arraigned in Manhattan federal court Thursday.

A complaint filed by the feds describes Valle’s effort to target one unnamed woman in particular, but notes that he had the names and photos of dozens of others in his computer.

The clueless cop - six years on the force - had no idea that his chats with an unnamed co-conspirator would later be discovered by the FBI.

In one instant message chat, prosecutors said, Valle discussed a kidnapping with the partner: “I love that she’s asleep right now not having the slightest clue of what we have planned. Her days are numbered. I’m glad you’re on board.”

He added, “She does look tasty, doesn’t she?”

Over the summer, the bizarre dialogue grew more sordid.

“You do know if we don’t waste any of her, there is nearly 75 pounds of food there,” the co-conspirator wrote.

FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary E. Galligan said the statements “speak for themselves.”

“The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us,” Galligan said in a statement issued Thursday. “It would be an understatement merely to say Valle’s own words and actions were shocking.”

Perhaps most disturbing was the charge that in May that Valle tapped into a federal database to get information on one would-be victim, according to a complaint filed Wednesday by Assistant U.S. Attorney Hadassa Waxman.

In September the bureau learned that Valle was instant messaging from his home computer, outlining his outrageous kidnap and torture plot.

When authorities seized his computer, they found files pertaining to at least 100 women with photos of each. He had first and last names for almost all of them and personal information on many.

FBI agents tracked down 10 of these women, who acknowledged knowing Valle. Cell phone records indicated he stalked one woman, who told the FBI she barely knew him.

At one point, Valle described wanting to become a “professional kidnapper,” and he even researched how to use chloroform on a victim.

He apparently became more deranged as the months passed, first offering to sell one woman to the co-conspirator for $5,000 so he could rape and kill her, prosecutors say.

During a February chat, Valle assured the co-conspirator he would deliver the woman alive, but wouldn’t participate in what happened after that.

“I think I would rather not get involved in the rape. You paid for her. She is all yours and I don’t want to be tempted the next time I abduct a girl,” he wrote.

“I am putting my neck on the line here. If something goes wrong somehow, I am in deep s—. $5,000 and you need to make sure that she is not found. She will definitely make the news.”

As the months progressed, however, Valle began talking about taking part in more macabre behavior - cooking and eating his victims.

When his co-conspirator asked, “How big is your oven?” Valle replied, “Big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs.”

Besides being unhinged, it appears Valle was also disgruntled as a cop. On his Facebook page he complained about perps begin released by the “liberal court system” and counted the days until he could retire from the NYPD and begin collecting his pension.

“15 years until I can move the hell out of this rotten scumbag-filled city,” he wrote in a January 2011 posting.

The sick picture of Valle painted by authorities clashed with the image of a married family man offered by neighbors and a relative.

“He’s a nice guy,” Valle’s younger brother insisted Thursday when he stopped by the cop’s apartment to pick up the cop’s beloved bulldog. “I’m upset.”

Valle’s Forest Hills apartment looks like any urban household of two parents raising a young child. A baby jumper was in one corner and a folded-up baby carriage leaning against a wall partially blocked a sign reading, “Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”

Three are also child-proof stair guards, photos on the green living room walls and a paper sign taped to one wall above a light switch reading, “Stop! Please wash you hands in the kitchen. Thanks!”

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
BWDMC  ??? ??? ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
Some stories you hear and read and you wonder.....what kinda sick human beings living on de face ah dis earth?
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Straight from Criminal Minds Series
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Steuuuppssss! that eh nutten new. this world has seen the likes of sickos like him in our not so distant past.

matter of fact, in 1990 a sadist right here in NY, lower east side to be exact cook ah scandinavian gyul and feed her to the homeless people in tompkins square park.

the talk was that there were some jamaican and st lucian dreads who pass in dat soup (eating the soup) bc the white dude who cook she was buddy buddy with the dreads dem.

i anall woulda pass in that soup if i used to eat from ppl, thank good i was an italist @ the time and i didn't and still don't eat from ppl. i knew the gyul well, she liked black toeti bad bad, nuff ah dem big wood jamaican and hatian boy jam it, and then the white boy come in and wife she up, next thing yuh know de boy kill the gyul and cook she oui, what ah ting eh.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 09:44:53 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here's the story.

The Butcher of Tompkins Square Park

Twenty years ago, in August 1989, East Village police began hearing rumors of a gruesome crime: A person had been killed, the body dismembered and boiled into soup—then the soup fed to unsuspecting homeless people in Tompkins Square Park.

700eastninthstreetShockingly, the rumors turned out to be true. That September, cops arrested Daniel Rakowitz, a 28-year-old park regular who carried a chicken on his shoulder and called himself a “marijuana guru.”

Rakowitz was charged with murdering and dismembering the body of his girlfriend, 26-year-old Monika Beerle. The murder was committed in Rakowitz’s tenement building at 700 Avenue C, on the corner of Ninth Street.

RakowitzThe details are pretty lurid. Rakowitz left Beerle’s skull in a storage area at the Port Authority Bus Terminal (in a bucket of cat litter no less).

Though he denied killed Beerle, a Swiss resident studying dance who supported herself as a topless dancer (gritty old Billy’s Topless on 24th Street, according to some accounts), he admitted to chopping her corpse, bleaching her bones, and hiding her body.

In 1991, Rakowitz was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He was sent to a maximum-security psychiatric facility on Ward’s Island, where he still lives today.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:19:02 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here's another article.

East Village Used To Be Scary

East Village murder/cannibalism of Monika Beerle by her roommate/boyfriend, Daniel Rakowitz, in 1989 (Rakowitz killed Beerle, then chopped her up, cooked the body in a soup, and fed it to Tompkins Square Park homeless). Rakowitz, who was found not guilty by reason of insanity and commited to a psychiatric center, is at hearings to determine whether or not he's still insane. Gothamist has a vague memory of the murder, but it's all clouded with the old perception that Alphabet City was dangerous. The Times describes Mr. Rakowitz as a "self styled marijuana guru...known for roaming the streets with a Bible in his hand and a live rooster on his shoulder, was a pot dealer and part-time cook from Texas. Acquaintances said he started his own religion, in which marijuana was a sacrament." Ack, we knew dudes like this in college, but this never happened to them. The article acknowledges that while some feel the East Village is overgentrified, many don't want it to revert back to the crime-filled corners it once was. A former East Village resident who moved into Rakowitz's building shortly after the murder (and since moved onto the Lower East Side) told the Times, "It was completely emblematic of how scary and weird this place was back then." The Post notes that Rakowitz is still acting out, telling a nurse at the Kirby Center where he lives that, as the prosecuter describes it, "he would like to cut her up because she would make the best rice and beans in town."

There's whole weird serial killer/cannibal world out there that mentions Rakowitz. In other crime news, there's the horrible a Queens teenager hacked to death by a friend's samurai sword; the friend alleges the victim was threatening him with a gun (a BB gun, to be precise). That scared Gothamist enough, but then the Daily News went out and showed how easy it is to buy samurai swords off the street. Why?

some more stuff on this crack pot.

Cops were spellbound by idea of magician as killer
March 1, 2012 | Filed under: Clayton | Posted by: admin
Print Friendly Print Get a PDF version of this webpage PDF

[media-credit name="Photo by Clayton Patterson " align="aligncenter" width="300"][/media-credit]

Patrick Geoffrois wearing a hood and other demonic garb while doing black magic.
BY CLAYTON PATTERSON  |  The Lower East Side was a magical cauldron. The brew that percolated in this pot nourished a number creative individuals who went on and made a creative contribution to the world.

Magic and mysticism are subjects of interest that have always found a place in the hearts of some fringe niche on the Lower East Side of N.Y.C.

In the late 1980s and early ’90s the local cops and the Manhattan district attorney were in a sticky situation with the unresolved Monica Beerle murder — a case wrapped up in the insanity and the buffoonery around the Texas stoner Daniel Rakowitz. There were individuals on both sides of this case who were deep into themes related to the end of the world.

In their paranoid minds, a couple of guys working for the D.A. had concocted a book-sized file filled with the possible atrocities a drug-crazed Satanist wearing “the Rakowitz stare” could commit. A couple of assistant district attorneys created a mythology, heavy in speculative details about a nationwide serial murder conspiracy story: Rakowitz, the so-called Monster of Tompkins Square Park Cannibal, is being led and influenced by his mentor and teacher, the great white Satanic cult leader Patrick Geoffrois. Patrick, they believed, had orchestrated and directed the Satanic ritual murder and dismemberment of Beerle, Rakowitz’s roommate.

Just looking at the facts of the case made this bizarre idea hard to follow. The F.B.I. recognized there is a phenomenon that often happens around unsoloved cases — that is the word “Satan” will appear. But there it was, and that created an idea, just like the myth of the finger in the soup, which became a part of the public’s knowledge of the case. There are still those who hang around in public places and spin tales of the demonic old days.

The D.A. could not have asked for a badder-looking, badass, dark-side, black magician. Patrick fit the bill perfectly. He was a tarot card reader on St. Mark’s Place and heavily identified himself with necromancy, a type of black magic.

I met Patrick on the street one day. He was friends with Stacy the squatter junkie and there were several other people we intersected with. I was immediately fascinated with Patrick. He was a full-fledged magician in more than one department. His mother had been a card reader in Paris. As a young man he went to India to study Shiva, the god of destruction, but instead met A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Swami Prabhupada was the original teacher who brought Krishna consciousness to the Lower East Side, and then out to the Western world. Patrick joined the movement and was one of the first devotees to take the books and literature across Demark, France, Russia, America and so on. In the movement, he met and joined up with Melanie, a woman who was his mate for many years

Melanie was also an original American Krishna, and with her first husband she met George Harrison of the Beatles and got that sidebar going. Eventually Swami Prabhupada passes on from his physical presence and Patrick and Melanie move on. Eventually he becomes one of the first white L.E.S. street heroin dealers, selling the dope under the stamp Dom Perignon.

Eventually they fell into the malaise of heroin addiction — heroin spiked up with coke eight-ball dreams and imaginary perceptions of self-grandeur. The greatest magician of them all — and why not? Daniel was a believer.

But Patrick never hung out with Daniel Rakowitz. Daniel was invited to Patrick’s house a couple of times. Patrick was a snob. Daniel was too street — too bordering on being homeless — too uneducated in the ways of magic. Patrick was a well-read, studied person of the dark arts. Daniel just was. I have a number of hours of videotape I recorded of Patrick. Daniel was not fascinating.

Locally, Patrick Geoffrois got his magical props on St. Mark’s by reading palms and tarot cards. His musical legacy came from being a member of the James Chance Band — having played with Jean-Michel Basquiat and Blondie’s Chris Stein — with his skinny-model good looks. He was neat and well-dressed in a prince of darkness style with plenty of silver accessories, which gave an impression of wealth.

Both Patrick and Melanie were H.I.V. positive. Melanie got down to around 80 pounds. She died in the hospital, but as one of the only modern miracles I know of, she came back to life. She recovered and once again became an active member of the Krishna movement. Patrick knew he was dying and played up being the Magick Warrior to the max. She and Patrick split. She lived and Patrick died.

I think Patrick honestly scared the crap out of the two A.D.A.s and possibly a couple of cops with his tales of “We are at the end of time.” He loved the drama. On the other hand, he absolutely denied having anything to do with Daniel Rakowitz. And I think that the Ninth Precinct cops, unless they were drug addicts, were just having fun with all the ideas related to mayhem, and also played it to the max, because the craziness led to trips down all kinds of dark alleys and avenues. Trips to Pennsylvania, California, Tennessee and so on, and meeting TV personalities.

And then there were the peripheral characters, like Max Cantor, who became another tragic figure. Cantor, who had played “Robbie”  in “Dirty Dancing,” got swept up in the madness, fascination with Rakowitz and drugs.

Let Patrick die with the dignity of being a super-badass. Let the A.D.A.’s dwell on the projected evil inspired insanity. Let they boys on the corner dream about how evil the world really used to be. And Daniel can remain the Monster of Tompkins Square Park.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:24:29 PM by just cool »

1]; } ?>