April 26, 2024, 07:58:51 PM

Author Topic: Sport Ministry gives TTFF money to an employee as feud continues  (Read 1757 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sport Ministry gives TTFF money to an employee
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The Ministry of Sport arguably continued its provocation of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) today as Wired868 understands a cheque for over $300,000, which was meant to cover the senior men team’s Caribbean Cup trip to St Kitts and Nevis, was made out to the team’s manager, William Wallace.

TTFF press officer Shaun Fuentes confirmed that the local football body was told to collect the outstanding money today to cover expenses incurred in St Kitts, only to allegedly discover that the name on the cheque belonged to its employee, Wallace.

“There is nothing that can be done with the cheque,” Fuentes told Wired868.com. “The TTFF will meet tomorrow to decide what its next step will be.”

Wallace had never seen so many zeros attached to a cheque in his name before. His first reaction was to burst out laughing. However, he is anxious for both parties to put their differences aside and get on with the serious job of looking after the game.

“We have to find a way to go to forward but we can’t go forward like this,” said Wallace, in reference to his cheque. “All the stakeholders at all levels have to sit down, put the past behind us and find a way to go forward that will eventually benefit Trinidad and Tobago.

“I haven’t performed a service for the government of Trinidad and Tobago so I cannot receive a cheque from the government of Trinidad and Tobago in that way.”

Wired868 sent emailed questions to Sport Minister Anil Roberts and Permanent Secretary Ashwin Creed, through communications officer Betty-Ann Moses, which asked: whether the Sport Ministry was trying to influence or determine who handled the finances of the TTFF (an autonomous body) or whether the Ministry was intentionally seeking to provoke the local football body.

Read More

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:40:56 AM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sport Ministry gives TTFF money to an employee as feud continues
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »
Vindictiveness.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
Iz lil chiren runnin dat country yes!  stueeppsss!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:05 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but can wallace not simply ensdorse the cheque over to the TTFF?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:04:49 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but can wallace not simply ensdorse the cheque over to the TTFF?

Theoretically, he could. Or, he could negotiate it on his own and then present the funds to them. But, that's not advisable because it not only exposes him personally, it also muddies the waters in an already uncertain, unaccountable environment ... not to mention it sets an unprincipled precedent.

The TTFF's response is the correct one.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:09:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:07:18 PM »
Was thinking the same thing, but i'm sure there's some technicalities that we might have over looked that caused it to be harder than it seems.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 11:49:17 PM »
cacahole supreme
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 11:54:29 PM »
tell me...who is the manager of England,Scotland, Honduras,Denmark, Gabon,Solomon islands and Guyana ??? 
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 05:13:31 AM »
tell me...who is the manager of England,Scotland, Honduras,Denmark, Gabon,Solomon islands and Guyana ??? 

Technically, England and Scotlands  Manager is the equivalent of Head Coach. Never in all my life have I been aware of the person who does the work of the manger in T&T. In domestic football, the Managers role is done by the coaching staff and equipment manager with the assistance of office staff.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:51:31 AM »
IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS IN TT. The coach does the coaching and the selection of the final 11. The manager with the assistants do all the protocol and mundane things. Uniforms, flight arrangements, pratice sessions, distribution of alloted stipends. When they go overseas, he has to deal immigration, etc. But the coach always has his say in those matters that is given to the manager.  whether they fall in line like England is mere semantics. In a big Concacaf/Fifa tournament, they have a Chef-de-Mission in addition to the manager.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 08:42:43 AM »
Cash the check first , take a 10% processing fee,

If teh Check clear it is the Ministry to blame.

Then give the TTFF the balance so they could pay they workers.

What else you could do if that is the check the Government give you,

Having discussions at this time is a waste.......

Cash it and move on...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:01:50 PM »
Vindictiveness.

Ent!!

no other word to describe it,, it have nobody THAT dotish in t&t
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »

Theoretically, he could. Or, he could negotiate it on his own and then present the funds to them. But, that's not advisable because it not only exposes him personally, it also muddies the waters in an already uncertain, unaccountable environment ... not to mention it sets an unprincipled precedent.

The TTFF's response is the correct one.

I confused by yuh construction, but if ah read yuh right I tend to agree in principle.  With all the shenanigans concerning funding at present, it would not be wise by either Williams or the TTFF to go thru Williams' personal account to negotiate the check.  I think that not only sets up a situation where fraud can be alleged by Roberts, but by which also the TTFF could later be further hamstrung on the issues of Ministry funding.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »
They could give the Govt. money to Jack Warner but now the Manager cah endorse the cheque to dem.

Yu see when yuh ass in court how it could make follow protocol sometimes.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>