April 27, 2024, 09:51:26 PM

Author Topic: Colin Murray keeps cards close.  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Colin Murray keeps cards close.
« on: November 01, 2012, 04:10:38 AM »
Murray keeps cards close.
T&T Express Reports.

Silent, but deadly, is the approach candidate Colin Murray is taking to the upcoming election for the post of president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).

Carib Brewery marketing manager Murray is running against insurance executive Raymond Tim Kee for the post, which was left vacant by the October 27, 2011 resignation of long-serving president Oliver Camps. Murray has opted to keep out of the media spotlight, unlike frontrunner Tim Kee.

"I have been nominated," said Murray, who added that he would be speaking further tomorrow, when the candidates are officially announced.

"I will talk when the time is right," the part-time radio sports commentator stated.

Murray was nominated by the North Zone through his association with the Queen's Park Football Club, while Tim Kee was nominated by Eastern Counties and is said to have the support of the majority of delegates from the Eastern Counties, Central and Tobago zones.

Murray also has an association with the East Zone through the Carib Football Club. Tonight, he is due to address the East Zone at the Centre of Excellence, in Macoya, to pitch his plan. The East Zone has already heard from Tim Kee.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Colin Murray keeps cards close.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 05:00:31 AM »
Colin Murray making his speech for Jack's palace. Nah! I smell stale beer. But like Just Cool said in another thread, whey Selby and the veterans football group. We eh hear boo from them. Who are they supporting. These guys are home and have knowledge who congo-sah or not. Selby, Tansley............what..........what...........what!!!!!!

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 06:06:52 AM »
 Camps kept his cards pretty close as well. Anyone see a familiar pattern?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
Murray keeps cards close.
T&T Express Reports.

Silent, but deadly, is the approach candidate Colin Murray is taking to the upcoming election for the post of president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF).

Carib Brewery marketing manager Murray is running against insurance executive Raymond Tim Kee for the post, which was left vacant by the October 27, 2011 resignation of long-serving president Oliver Camps. Murray has opted to keep out of the media spotlight, unlike frontrunner Tim Kee.

"I have been nominated," said Murray, who added that he would be speaking further tomorrow, when the candidates are officially announced.

"I will talk when the time is right," the part-time radio sports commentator stated.

Murray was nominated by the North Zone through his association with the Queen's Park Football Club, while Tim Kee was nominated by Eastern Counties and is said to have the support of the majority of delegates from the Eastern Counties, Central and Tobago zones.

Murray also has an association with the East Zone through the Carib Football Club. Tonight, he is due to address the East Zone at the Centre of Excellence, in Macoya, to pitch his plan. The East Zone has already heard from Tim Kee.

So nobody eh goin there to even ask the man if he should become president if he's going to work with PFATT, and what they intend to do bout the constitution as well as proper youth development ? i find de local members down there need to be ah bit more organized instead of emotional and reactionary.

someone should be there tonight to raised these concerns. i swear if i was there in T&T i would make it my business to attend! but oh yeh i forgot, we not in contention for the WC so who cares.    :yawning:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:20:13 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 07:40:19 PM »
Was the worst coach in my lifetime at Fatima, nepotism and all kinda isms in team selection, interestingly Raymond's son played for Fatima senior team at the time when Murray was head coach.  Anyway, don't know much of his track record subsequently, just wanted to point that out
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 01:24:55 AM »
... others concur in part and in whole.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 01:47:30 AM »
Was the worst coach in my lifetime at Fatima, nepotism and all kinda isms in team selection, interestingly Raymond's son played for Fatima senior team at the time when Murray was head coach.  Anyway, don't know much of his track record subsequently, just wanted to point that out

What little I know of him as a Coach, he didn't play favourites. Drop Anil Roberts from the First 11 when Anil thought he had rank.

He's a QPO man and QPO and Warner never got along.

I just want someone who is not a puppet or stooge.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »

Coaches always have favourites. How many times do we see coaches selecting guys who are out of form when we feel there is better available?

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 05:58:52 AM »
MURRAY 2012!!!!!  :beermug: :chilling: :cheers:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »

What little I know of him as a Coach, he didn't play favourites. Drop Anil Roberts from the First 11 when Anil thought he had rank.

VB

Yeah, well, certainly not de case in de 87-92 era, many alumni would tell you.  Funny, observing it on de sidelines when I played U-16 strongly influenced me to not play U-19, even though I probably fit the mode of player that would have been selected.

FS, ah talkin bout ah deeper issue here, one around class and race.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 10:36:32 AM »

VB

Yeah, well, certainly not de case in de 87-92 era, many alumni would tell you.  Funny, observing it on de sidelines when I played U-16 strongly influenced me to not play U-19, even though I probably fit the mode of player that would have been selected.

I can't remember anything like that during that era  ??? Either way those accusations seem pretty harsh to just throw out there like that with nothing to back it up...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

VB

Well I have spoken to alumni from the 84-88 era.
The time of Ramdoo, Sheppard, Rodriguez, Roberts, Chandler etc.
As I said they have the complete opposite to say. I was there for part of that era and never noticed it.

I eh saying you wrong and I eh no Murray fan from back in my Fatima time.
But I was allowed in the dressing room during a few games and watched his attitude towards players in general. It was above board.

VB

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 11:04:11 AM »
Well redman, there were no documented reports to talk about.  It's not harsh if you lived through it, if you attended Fatima during that time then we should know each other.  I was one who lived through it, but chose to not play and fight it....

Edit: VB, post Ramdoo, Scott and dem fellas, so really should say 89-92, exclude 87 and 88...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 11:07:03 AM by 100% Barataria »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 01:32:53 PM »
Well redman, there were no documented reports to talk about.  It's not harsh if you lived through it, if you attended Fatima during that time then we should know each other.  I was one who lived through it, but chose to not play and fight it....

Edit: VB, post Ramdoo, Scott and dem fellas, so really should say 89-92, exclude 87 and 88...

Not at all. I was the same year as them so I know of which I speak.

VB

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »
Murray pulls out of TTFF Presidential race.

Breaking news from the TT Guardian.

More to come I guess.

VB

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tim Kee set for TTFF presidency despite Warner rumours after Murray quits
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 01:55:21 PM »
Murray quits; Tim Kee is next TTFF president
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com)

The Normandie Hotel in St Ann’s was the site for an impromptu rendition of “Hello, Goodbye” from Colin Murray today as the Carib Brewery events and marketing manager officially announced himself as a Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) presidential nominee and then immediately pulled out of the race for “personal reasons.”
As a result, Guardian Life insurance executive Raymond Tim Kee, a former TTFF vice-president, will run unopposed for the post of president. The election is scheduled for Sunday 11 November 2012.
Tim Kee formally revealed his bid for presidency on 25 October 2012. The TTFF constitution allows no more than three candidates for an election as each nominee must be supported by two zones and Trinidad and Tobago has six regional bodies
Tim Kee was proposed by Eastern Counties and Central while Murray was backed by North and South. Interim president Lennox Watson conceded on nomination day, which was on 26 October 2012.
But Murray’s challenge lasted barely seven days.
“I took a decision that I will no longer be running for the presidency,” said Murray, at his press conference today. “It is for personal reasons. Congrats to Raymond and I hope he does a good job.”
The former Trinidad and Tobago cricketer refused to give reasons for his pull-out and pleaded with the media to respect his need for privacy. He did hint, though, that the political nature of the race did not sit well with him.
Tim Kee claimed to have the support of Sport Minister Anil Roberts. Rumours linked Tim Kee’s candidacy to National Security Minister and ex-FIFA vice president Jack Warner too but the president-in-waiting strongly denied those suggestions.
Read more: http://www.wired868.com/2012/11/02/murray-quits-tim-kee-is-next-ttff-president/

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2012, 03:07:15 PM »
these men jokey  :D

they couldn't run a lemonade stand...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:21 PM »

VB

Yeah, tink yuh mis-interpreting meh post.  Not doubting what you said about the Ramdoo et al era, my point is about the era after that.  Players on the senior team included Tim Kee Jr., Dwight Findlay, Nigel Lumwai, S. Monteil, Lyle Beckles etc  Not the names you mentioned, those were the era immediately before.  My comment again is for the period 89-92, I corrected myself after initially saying 87-92

Again, this is interesting eh, is not blatant racism, but a mix of racism and classism. Many of the names I called above are black, but could not be classified as being of being part of a lower socio/economic rung.  Reminds me to some degree of the comments Whitely I believe made about Bertille re-rastas not being on de national side b/c of their dreads.  If u were black and not clean cut, unlikely u made de cut in 89-92 at Fatima

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2012, 03:31:46 PM »

VB

Yeah, tink yuh mis-interpreting meh post.  Not doubting what you said about the Ramdoo et al era, my point is about the era after that.  Players on the senior team included Tim Kee Jr., Dwight Findlay, Nigel Lumwai, S. Monteil, Lyle Beckles etc  Not the names you mentioned, those were the era immediately before.  My comment again is for the period 89-92, I corrected myself after initially saying 87-92

Again, this is interesting eh, is not blatant racism, but a mix of racism and classism. Many of the names I called above are black, but could not be classified as being of being part of a lower socio/economic rung.  Reminds me to some degree of the comments Whitely I believe made about Bertille re-rastas not being on de national side b/c of their dreads.  If u were black and not clean cut, unlikely u made de cut in 89-92 at Fatima

OK. after my time.

VB

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
Classism and racism at Fatima? Unheard of.  :o

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 04:07:44 PM »

Tell meh dis ting nah. I call everybody niggah. Dey call me coolie.

And we even had Niggers against the White Boys in football.

And we all got along well.

VB

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 04:13:46 PM »

VB

Be that as it may, it's not enough to cast off Barataria's experience.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Tim Kee set for TTFF presidency despite Warner rumours after Murray quits
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 04:14:58 PM »
Lol..
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 04:27:47 PM »

VB

Be that as it may, it's not enough to cast off Barataria's experience.

But wha de jail is dis, VB you serious?  We eh talkin bout ah bunch ah fellas talkin trash in school, serious or not serious.  We talkin bout men who was geniunely interested in playin big school ball and maybe usin dat as an avenue outta de ghetto and not getting dat opportunity b/c of de powers dat be who thought, well, since dey black and rough round de edges, no football fuh dem.  Yuh really not condonin dat, or maybe yuh on kix, will give yuh de benefit ah de doubt.

Just for de record, I was never as good (football-wise) as de partciular fellas who I know were personally sidelined by dis experience and I wulda still make de team (b/c in trini warped sense of ethnicity I was/am not as black as they are) but chose not to compete, partially in solidarity.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2012, 05:12:29 PM »
well is Tim Kee....please do your best man....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2012, 07:05:51 PM »
lol, bait and switch...
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2012, 07:34:46 PM »
Crabs in a barrel. Kill all ah them stack them up one by one in order to get out. TTFF need a storm a like Sandy yes..
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »
Baratari,

re. the coolie and niggers ting. Yes there was a Niggers vs. White Boys game after school and there was no animosity involved.

The rest was a slight exaggeration.

Re. Murray, he had no such rep. whilst I was there. He did however, put you in your place no matter how good you thought you were. Ask Anil Roberts.

VB

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2012, 02:40:29 AM »
No seen VB, bless  :beermug:

1]; } ?>