April 25, 2024, 01:41:06 AM

Author Topic: Darren Bravo, Dwayne Smith lose IPL contracts  (Read 987 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Darren Bravo, Dwayne Smith lose IPL contracts
« on: November 01, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
Darren Bravo, Dwayne Smith lose IPL contracts

West Indies batsmen Darren Bravo and Dwayne Smith are among  52 players whose Indian premier league contracts  were not extended for the 2013 season ….

Meanwhile a total of 179 players have been retained by the nine franchises on the same financial terms.

Among them are Dwayne Bravo with Chennai Super Kings, Andre Russell with Delhi Daredevils,  Sunil Narine at Kolkata Knight Riders,  Kieron Pollard at Mumbai Indians, Marlon Samuels at Pune Warriors while Chris Gayle is at Royal Challengers Bangalore.

http://wicricnews.com/blog/darren-bravo-dwayne-smith-lose-ipl-contracts
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 07:14:57 PM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Darren Bravo, Dwayne Smith lose IPL contracts
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:06:47 PM »
May sound mean, but I'm glad young Bravo was let go...I don't think T20 cricket has done anything positive for his game. He needs to focus on the tests and ODI's....he has a lot more to offer the game of cricket than what the T20 version glorifies...

Dwayne Smith is a player who promised much but delivered little; he's a hit or miss kind of batsman - he either scores runs or gets out early for very little .He's too inconsistent to be relied upon, but I'm sure Mumbai's loss will be another franchise's gain.

I would not have been surprised to see Pollard's name on that list because at the moment he's just getting by on reputation and past exploits alone...

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 08:42:30 AM »
remember when they released doesn't mean another IPL team won't buy them
still think smith will prob be bought by someone at a reduced price..i hope bravo doesn't and can focus on making runs in tests
Back in Trini...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »
I don't know his stats in the T20 version, but it seems to me that he performs better with the T&T side than with any other T20 team...including the WI.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
Darren Bravo and Adrian Barath should be kept out of T20s until they develops the discipline and concentration for the Test version of cricket.  T20 and ODI are destroying their careers. It is time for the WI to develop different teams for the different versions of the game.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>