April 25, 2024, 08:24:55 AM

Author Topic: Injury replacements  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Injury replacements
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
Question, does FIFA allow teams make any emergency injury replacements?

As the case with T&T with 2 injuries, can they be replace and is there a limit that would allow T&T to do such?

For example, if T&T had 4/5 injuries would the rules still apply ?

Thanx.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Injury replacements
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Yes, it is allowed, but it depends on the rules of the tournament. For example, this was the rule for the 2010 World Cup:

Article 26.4
The final list of not more than 23 players (showing the full last name(s), all first names, popular name, number on the shirt, position, place and date of birth, passport number, club and country of the club, height, weight, number of caps won, number of goals scored) shall be submitted to the FIFA general secretariat, using the official form for this purpose. Only the numbers 1 to 23 may be allocated to these players, with number 1 being reserved exclusively for one of the goalkeepers. The shirt numbers for the remaining two goalkeepers may be any of the numbers between 2 and 23. The numbers on the back of the shirts shall correspond with the numbers indicated on the final list. Only these 23 players (except in cases of force majeure recognised by the FIFA Organising Committee) will be permitted to compete in the final competition.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:57 AM »
Based on Lasana's article, I don't think they're calling for replacements.

I think they only carried 20 when they were allowed to 23, so they asking to bring in another 3.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:33 AM »
Yes, I myself heard the same that 3 players will get immediate call ups.

I personally think they should call in Andre Boucaud again. His club will let him go this time around.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:14 PM »
Thanks Tallman.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »

I personally think they should call in Andre Boucaud again. His club will let him go this time around.

Does the TTFF has the guy on their radar. It has been ages since this guy played for us.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »

Does the TTFF has the guy on their radar. It has been ages since this guy played for us.

They called him up but his club refuse to release him.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »
This is the rule for the Caribbean Cup:

REPLACEMENT OF INJURED OR ILL PLAYERS
1. Players included on the Final Roster who suffer serious injuries or become ill so that they cannot play in the specific tournament, as certified by the team’s Doctor and Head of Delegation, may be replaced up to 24 hours prior to the team’s first match of each phase. In those cases, the National Association concerned will be authorized to add players not already included on the Final Roster and will immediately inform the General Coordinator in writing.

2. No changes will be permitted within 24 hours of opening matches or thereafter
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 05:43:49 PM »
The TTFF look for this, they allowed 23 players in the first place but only took 20.

I tell you...

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:58:02 AM »
The TTFF look for this, they allowed 23 players in the first place but only took 20.

I tell you...

TTFF making dis too easy now man...allowed 23 yet take only 20, like ah man say, to go right Antigua??

They coulda take 21 and leave one ah we head coach home, at least get ah laptop for Skype purposes (ah still eh believe he really coach Guyana by Skype.)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>