March 28, 2024, 07:25:21 AM

Author Topic: Sancho; Tiger Phillips throw their support for Tim Kee but, with caution.  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Sancho; Tiger Phillips throw their support for Tim Kee but with caution.
By Inshan Mohammed.

The Soca Warriors Online (SWO) recently caught up with former Technical Director Lincoln "Tiger" Phillips as well as former Soca Warriors defender Brent Sancho and asked them for their opinions on former Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) vice-president Raymond Tim Kee, as he prepares to run unopposed for the post of TTFF president.

Emails went out to Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene, former strike squad member Marlon Morris and current TTFF Technical Director Anton Corneal on the topic at hand, but I received no response.  I was however grateful to Dexter Skeene and TTFF media man Shaun Fuentes for their keen interest finding out how yours truly was coping in the aftermath of the history making Hurricane Sandy. Marlon Morris also asked for a phone call which was impossible at the time because of the effects of Sandy.

Note that this interview was done before the news was released that the only person remaining to oppose Raymond Tim Kee for the TTFF president position, Colin Murray, had pulled out of the election, essentially creating a one-horse race. The Carib Brewery Sponsorship and Promotions Manager called it quits citing personal reasons for his decision.

The TTFF’s Interim President Lennox Watson also ruled himself out of the November 11 election, over a week ago.

And despite a valid call from a member of the Central Football Association (CFA) General Council, Keith James who queried the choice made by the group to back Raymond Tim Kee for the position of president of the TTFF, his cries fell on deaf ears and it was normal business here in T&T.

James further stated that: “I think we, the member clubs of the CFA, have a say in this. We are supposed to hear from each of the candidates their action plan to take the TTFF out of the mess our national football is in right now."

He also called for the CFA to practice truth and honesty, while creating a new culture in how things are done within the group.

Sancho’s concern

Former Dundee defender Brent Sancho was first off the blocks and gave us his honest and candid opinion on the one man race for the head spot.

Sancho stated: "I know Raymond on a personal level for a while now. He seems to be a level headed individual in the numerous conversations we have had."

"There will be obvious concerns regarding his previous role in the current regime, and whether or not he could have voiced or stand up against the atrocities of the TTFF."

"My concerns however is not so much about Raymond but what possibly can be done in an organization which seems to have most of the current regime still intact and bent on continuing the horrendous trend of unaccountability, lack of transparency, lack of vision, poor infrastructure, mismanagement of funds and the inhumane treatment of it most prized assets, the players”, ended Sancho."

Tigers take on the TTFF presidential election

In the meantime, Lincoln Phillips got down to a more detailed view and express his opinion in a more tailored approached.

Lincoln stated that: "I have worked with him extensively on many programs while I was Technical Director for the TTFF. In fact, not only will I give you my thoughts of Raymond, I will also share my thoughts on his opponent Colin Murray and the direction that I strongly recommend the TTFF should take regarding this most important election."

"For the 7 years I worked with Raymond, he was always a source of inspiration. As one of the most upstanding and outspoken members of the TTFF's Executive Board, all the members of the TTFF held him in high esteem for his integrity, honesty and decorum. Whenever a situation or issue occurred where the TTFF needed a highly respected representative, Raymond was usually selected for the task."

"In the early days, when the TTFF was really struggling, he allowed the Association to utilize his premises; without cost. On several occasions he bankrolled various activities for the TTFF when they had no money to meet their expenses; with NO EXPECTED RETURN except the satisfaction that the games went on. In the football scene, he was responsible for initiating a successful Futsal tournament which brought out talent from Lavantille/Morvant/Beetham Gardens area."

"This tournament saw the TTFF team excel against some of the top teams in the CONCACAF; barely losing to Costa Rica in a close encounter. With no Futsal experience, our players put on a show and were only limited by inexperience in their run to make the Futsal World Cup Finals."

"He has done a lot for TTFF and has always been in good standing with the football community. As far as I'm concerned, Raymond's interaction within and on behalf of the TTFF and football is entirely beyond reproach."

"On the political front, a relevant matter considering the current state of affairs between the TTFF and Ministry of Sport, Raymond is a highly respected member of the Opposition Party, PNM, by both the rank and file of the Party as well as members of their Executive."

"More significantly, however, Raymond is equally respected by the current PP government partly because of his stature in the community. As the person in charge of CEPEP under the former government, Raymond was recommended by a member of the PP government to assist them on a couple of projects. While another PP Member said, ".... he is a PNM", the immediate response was, "but he is a good man!". That carries weight now more than ever."

"Now, I also know and regard Mr. Colin Murray as a close friend. In fact, I have known Colin since he was 10 years of age. Like Raymond, Colin is a consummate gentleman who from his position at Carib is highly regarded in the business world as one of the best managers not only in T&T but the Caribbean. I have had the opportunity to discuss several initiatives with Colin and have found him to be the type of person who is not afraid to take risks nor stand up for a good idea; no matter how unorthodox that idea may be."

"He is a very creative manager who is well liked and respected by his peers as well as his staff. I have always admired his loyalty, work ethic, and how his staff goes about their job with a sense of satisfaction and love for working with him."

"However, the question is who is the best person for the job of President of the TTFF? So in choosing between these two candidates as you have asked, let us make perfectly clear what the job entails. The job is an executive position that requires a person with executive experience. It is not a managerial position."

"In my view, the TTFF requires leadership from the executive level and once that leadership is established, managers in charge of various departments and initiatives will carry out the appropriate vision of the President and Executive Committee."

"So in my view, Raymond Tim Kee is the best choice. Not only for the reasons I shared, but also because he is the one person who possesses executive experience, knows the TTFF inside out, and has the bearing to lead an entity through its most challenging chapter. The next TTFF president has no time to learn on the job and must hit the ground with a plan ready to move in a decisive and deliberate manner."

"I sincerely hope that if Colin is elected, Raymond would offer his support and Colin would do the same should Raymond emerge as the favored choice of the voters."

"We do not have the luxury to have winners and losers among these two outstanding men. In fact, TTFF and the football community should feel fortunate that they are getting two high-caliber businessmen to run for the office of the President who have the capacity to set a new and hopeful course for football in Trinidad and Tobago”, ended Tiger.

Soca Warriors Online would like to express our gratitude to Brent Sancho and Lincoln Phillips for taking the time from their busy schedules to do this interview. We wish them all the best!

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:03:49 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sancho; Tiger Phillips throw their support for Tim Kee but, with caution.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:48:40 AM »
Since LP got fired he did more interviews than when he was TD.

With T&T he was invisible for 6 and 1/2 years in the 7 he was there, all of a sudden he found his tounge.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:52:30 AM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:38 AM »

With T&T he was invisible for 6 and 1/2 years in the 7 he was there, all of a sudden he found his tounge.

You know in those exorcism movies how the person who is possessed goes through their most violent and demonstrative episodes before the demon is sent back to hell? Well Horner, you and your benefactor are exhibiting those very same characteristics. Good points raised by LP and Sancho. Tim Kee will need support.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »

well, the special advisor sabotaged all LP efforts to improve football. doh try dat horner. find something else to bray about.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »
Well said by both men.

Nice job Flex.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 06:32:14 PM »

I have a question for you mr touch and go, where is the $188,000,000TTD that was givien to the TTFF VIA your father?

but something tells me that i will never hear back from you as you always do, touch and go and never return only to appear on another thread talking your outa timin bolony.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 07:52:55 PM »
Good one they LP.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »
Tim holds key for football revival.
By Brian Lewis (Guardian).

Sport organisations need to pay close attention to the system of communication they adopt.

They need to establish clarity when communicating with internal and external stakeholders. Not enough attention is given to the establishment of a good communicative system and as a result, mixed or the wrong messages are sent out and the loser is usually the good reputation of the organisation and the sport.

Over the last week, communication came into sharp focus with the contest for the presidency of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF). Both candidates had the opportunity to raise the bar and do sport in general and football in particular a great service. Like many others, I was excited at the prospect of a democratic election for the presidency of the TTFF.

The candidates were two decent men both of whom are held in high regard by those who have no axe to grind.

The image of sports governance in T&T needed the shot in the arm and a boost to its self-esteem.

In the case of football, it was time to chart a new course having endured a difficult and trying period following Jack Warner’s withdrawal from football administration. It was an opportunity for football to engage stakeholders in positive and constructive communication.

Then news hit that one of the candidates, Colin Murray, had to withdraw his candidacy. His press conference created more questions than answers. The rumour mill started working overtime. The conspiracy theorists were out in full flight.

Whatever the reason or reasons for the decision, good sport governance suffered a black eye, a positive reduced to just another day in the contentious backwater that is sport and sport politics. No matter the sense of relief in some quarters, the truth is that football needed the contest, if only to experience the lifeline of democracy.

In communicating his warning to the president designate Murray opened a Pandora’s Box of inferences with regard to deals and agreements. Were such words of caution helpful or to the detriment, only time will tell.

Certainly it’s an immediate test of Raymond Tim Kee’s commitment to good governance principles.

Actions speak louder than words, a commitment to good governance principles including transparency, accountability and ethical behaviour is easier said than done.

So what should have been a keen and clean contest for the high profile position as leader of the number one participation sport in T&T, is now a non-event.

What message did it send about football politics and the state of sport governance in general?

Would potential sponsors have felt positive about the future of football?

The presidency of football may well turn out to be a poisoned chalice in the absence of an unwavering commitment to good governance principles.

It is imperative that going forward the communication from TTFF keeps stakeholders informed, motivated, and above all confident that better days are coming.

The new president must not only clearly share his vision but he must be a bridge builder and integrate the efforts of stakeholders toward achieving common goals, with everybody working in the same direction.

He must foster a harmonious environment in which football’s key stakeholders see themselves individually and collectively as valuable contributors.

Before harmony can be achieved the barriers to communication including prejudices, biases, enmity, circumstances, to name a few, must be broken down.

Football needs less contention not more. It needs harmony not divisiveness. It needs to focus on charting a brand new future and not spend all its time and energy looking behind. It needs to encourage creativity, imagination and innovation but above all it needs to be honest, ethical and inclusive in the way it engages stakeholders.

In this regard, football can be a positive role model to other sport organisations.

Brian Lewis is the Honorary Secretary General of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee http// www.ttoc.org. The views expressed are not necessarily those of the TTOC.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 08:50:19 AM »
Nice interview Flex.

LP was very informative and detailed and honest.

Nice work by both guys.

Tim Kee has to win the trust of all though, because he was a Jack Warner yes man at one time, so he must show is a change man and really wants the best for T&T football.

He also promised to work with Flex site to, so time will tell if he is a man by his word, not sure how the MoS will accept that, everyone knows Anil, TTFF and Jack Warner not to fond of the SWO and us here.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 07:30:22 PM »
The SWO should try and do a podcast with Raymond Tim Kee?

Wonder what LP up to these days ?

I thought Seattle vow to visit T&T again?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner congratulates new TTFA president.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 03:36:53 AM »
T&T Guardian Reports.

Acting Minister of Sport, Jack Warner, has congratulated president of the T&T Football Federation Raymond Tim Kee on the success of the national team in the Caribbean Cup.

T&T defeated the Dominican Republic 2-1 on Tuesday to earn a place in today’s seimifinals against Martinique, as well as qualification for the Concacaf Gold Cup.

In a letter to Tim Kee, Warner noted that it was the first time that T&T was qualifying for the Gold Cup since 2007. “This qualification is also of particular significance as it is your first since becoming

President of the Federation and if this could be viewed as being fortuitous, I do believe it augurs well for the future of the football in T&T under your stewardship,” Warner said.

“Please extend congratulations to the players, members of the technical staff and management on their achievement.”

Warner also assured Tim Kee of Government’s and this Ministry’s support to the Federation, “as we all work together to ensure success to the Federation and its teams both on and off the field of play.”

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 07:12:24 AM »

Acting Minister of Sport, Jack Warner, has congratulated.....

whey de regular sport minister gorne?  Moreover how come dis fellah is de only one dat does oversee EVERYbody portfolio when they out of town?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile

Acting Minister of Sport, Jack Warner, has congratulated.....

whey de regular sport minister gorne?  Moreover how come dis fellah is de only one dat does oversee EVERYbody portfolio when they out of town?

Jack is the Prime Minister.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 08:01:29 AM »
Guardian have a sports editor? We have a TTFA? How thing like that even make it through?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:49 AM »
Listen, Mr. Tim Kee, doh take no bait from dah man, you know. Put on your blinders, especially when that man sending congratulation messages.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Listen, Mr. Tim Kee, doh take no bait from dah man, you know. Put on your blinders, especially when that man sending congratulation messages.

Could not have been said better. Nothing more dangerous to Jackulito and his asslickers than to have a perception that T&T football is making strides without his Majesty Count Jackula, master of the brown envelope and godfather of all our needs. Evil kakahole.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>