December 02, 2022, 06:56:23 AM

Author Topic: VFFOTT accepts invitation from the TTFF to work together  (Read 2407 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
VFFOTT accepts invitation from the TTFF to work together
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:04:45 PM »
VFFOTT accepts invitation from the TTFF to work together
VFFOTT Secretariat

Mr. Selby Browne, Vice President of the Veteran Footballers Foundation of Trinidad and Tobago (VFFOTT) confirmed, VFFOTT at its Executive Committee meeting held on Sunday 4th November voted in favour of accepting the invitation of the TTFF to accept membership to “Move Football Forward in Trinidad and Tobago”.

Mr. Browne also confirmed, that coming out of a meeting between VFFOTT and the TTFF held on Friday 26th October, it was the view that both parties considered as urgent priority the following:

1. Meeting the legal requirement status of amendment to Act of the Parliament - Act 17 of 1982.

2. Review of the constitution to amend Act 17 of 1982 and to better serve the structure, operation and management of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

3. To seek an agreement for the payment of the 2006 World Cup footballers.

VFFOTT congratulates Mr. Lennox Watson Ag. President and the TTFF Executive for their candid and forthright dialogue and the invitation of the TTFF to VFFOTT to become a Member of the TTFF and will forward its membership requirements as requested for consideration at the next TTFF Executive Committee Meeting.

VFFOTT is committed to working with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Executive Committee to ensure the refocusing, restructuring and the proper development of football with focus on the quality of the game, the footballers, and an administration of integrity and transparency, says VFFOTT, Vice President, Mr. Selby Browne.

Mr. Browne’s closing statement was; “It is not about individuals, it is for the good of the game. Football is the winner.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: VFFOTT accepts invitation from the TTFF to work together
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
Okay!!???

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 04:02:13 PM »
Okay!!???

1. Meeting the legal requirement status of amendment to Act of the Parliament - Act 17 of 1982.

2. Review of the constitution to amend Act 17 of 1982 and to better serve the structure, operation and management of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

This is the most important part Deeks. the act of 1982 establishes the TTFA as the body legally responsible for running football.
The TTFF is a company formed by Oliver Camps and his advisor friend Renraw that enable them to control football for 30 years
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »
a start
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »
i throw my support too. i hope is a sign that men growin up and we approach the footbal level headed and to serve all.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 08:09:36 PM »
Okay!!???

This is the most important part Deeks. the act of 1982 establishes the TTFA as the body legally responsible for running football.
The TTFF is a company formed by Oliver Camps and his advisor friend Renraw that enable them to control football for 30 years

Like Big Mag. said, that is a start.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 10:12:21 PM »
It's about time! after six yrs of utter madness, anything positive is refreshing.   
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
Doh want to talk too early, but this is a damn encouraging sign. The pain, suffering, shame, anguish, demoralization, angst under Jackulito might just be coming to an end. Keep up the pressure. There is hope. Coops yuh dey?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
That looking like a next three years in the making. We might have to wait on the govt to change.
I go believe it when I see it.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Veteran players want TTFF action.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 04:10:00 AM »
Veteran players want TTFF action.
By Kern De Freitas (Guardian).

GO AFTER JACK

Trinidad and Tobago’s veteran footballers are calling for the T&T Football Federation (TTFF) to take legal action against former CONCACAF president Jack Warner to recover funds generated from T&T’s World Cup 2006 campaign.

The Veteran Footballers Foundation of T&T (VFFOTT), through vice-president Selby Browne, said yesterday that TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee must take action against Warner in the wake of reports by Express investigative reporter Camini Marajh into Warner’s handling of TTFF and LOC Germany 2006 accounts, and try to recover over $100 million still unaccounted for.

“The new president of the TTFF (Tim Kee) and the TTFF must bring legal action against Jack Warner to recover the (missing) funds,” Browne told the Express yesterday.

“The TTFF must call in the fraud squad or DPP as it relates to the actions of Warner. The TTFF, and we in Trinidad, cannot sit here and rely on outside persons to treat with the Jack Warner debacle that we have here in Trinidad. The source of everything started right here in Trinidad football.”

According to Browne, VFFOTT has made several attempts to meet with Tim Kee, but has not been able to secure a meeting.

The veteran footballers have called a “special meeting” for May 11 at Barataria Sports Complex, where they will discuss the “implications” of the recent CONCACAF integrity committee report that accused Warner and ex-CONCACAF general secretary Chuck Blazer of fraud and mismanagement of funds.

Browne believes that with Warner involved, T&T football has experienced a downward slide.

“In 1974, Trinidad and Tobago was qualifying for the number one slot in CONCACAF,” he said. “In 2006 we were qualifying for the 3½ (playoff) spot. So during the tenure of Warner from 1974 to date, T&T football fell at minimum three, four notches in CONCACAF.”

VFFOTT has also stated that the “sole priority” is to return T&T football to its previous “glorious product”.

Browne is also happy that the TTFF looks set to pay the 2006 “Soca Warriors”, who have been embroiled in a legal battle with the local governing body over World Cup bonuses promised them by Warner, since that year.

“We have said years ago that is long outstanding. That should have been done by the TTFF and then (they should have) pursued Warner, who has still not produced his books for the TTFF.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 04:24:48 AM »

Years ago Selby had bought the TV rights for TT football, Jack went and get FIFA to make TT tv rights lump under CONCACAF nad buy the rights for himself from FIFA for 1 DOLLAR.

Selby sue TTFA and that ent reach no where, he end up losing some money and potentialy a kings ransom to the crook.

Selby is one of the celebrated QRC old boys and is a true patriot so if them fellas getting involved it could only be good for TT football.

Just keep out Ken Butcher
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 01:59:55 AM »
TTFA gives vets 50 tickets.
T&T Express Reports.

Recognising the sterling contribution to football made by several past players and administrators, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) made over over 50 tickets available to past players and administrators for last Tuesday’s match against New Zealand at Hasely Crawford Stadium, through the Veteran Footballers Foundation Of Trinidad and Tobago, (VFFOTT).

Vets president Gwenwyn Cust lauded the gesture and said they had been advocating for this for a long time, and was happy the TTFA is making positive steps in the right direction.

“The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association must be heartily congratulated for finally recognising the sterling contribution to football made by several past players and administrators,” Cust said in a release. “Hats off to the due consideration given by (TTFA president) Mr Raymond Tim Kee and (general secretary) Mr Sheldon Phillips as they communicate with VFFOTT.”

After discussions with Tim Kee and Phillips, Cust was given the task of selecting deserving recipients for the complimentary tickets. Cust consulted with Steve David, Lyle Jeffrey, Selris Figaro and Tansley Thompson, all members of VFFOTT’s executive.

Recipients included Shay Seymour and Carlton “Squeakie” Hinds, two of three surviving members of the first National Team to tour England in 1953, the other being Doyle Griffith, who resides abroad.

Squeakie, also dubbed “The Prince of Forwards”, was most present and was in the company of Kenny Akal, another stalwart of the past, who is now wheelchair bound. Other invitees included Gerry Browne, Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Selwyn Quanvie, Eddie Hart, Osmond Downer and Lennox Sirjuesingh the latter two being outstanding former FIFA referees.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:26 AM »
Selwyn Quanvie? I thought he was Henry Quanvie. Unless he had a father, brother or uncle by that name.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:36 AM »
 :applause: :applause: :thumbsup:

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
No mention of Gally.Was he offered a ticket? Can anyone advise? I hope he was among the first five? In fact he should be given a lifetime ticket to the stadium. Maybe he has one hence the reason his name was not mentioned?

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:17 PM »
Cust was 1 of my primary school.........didn't even know he was an ex national

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »
Sometimes i wonder if VFFOTT exists or not,is just that every now and them u see statements in the press.When i returned home last year i was invited to one of their meetings which took place at Paragon Sports Club,i don't know if they had any since,i met a lot of the vets(personal friends) including Eddie Hart,Tim Kee,Selby,Gwenwyn etc etc

At that meeting the agenda seemed to be getting rid of the TTFF administration(JW),revamping the TTFF constitution,06 Warriors getting their money etc there were several contributions made by people on the floor but being my first meeting had nothing to say.

What i came to realize afterwards like everything else it's just talk and no action,i am really surprise and glad to see the TTFF have honored the vets with some tickets,my only hope it's not a one time thing.

What i want to know is what's the role (aims/objectives) of the VFFOTT in T&T Football? 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
Sometimes i wonder if VFFOTT exists or not,is just that every now and them u see statements in the press.When i returned home last year i was invited to one of their meetings which took place at Paragon Sports Club,i don't know if they had any since,i met a lot of the vets(personal friends) including Eddie Hart,Tim Kee,Selby,Gwenwyn etc etc

At that meeting the agenda seemed to be getting rid of the TTFF administration(JW),revamping the TTFF constitution,06 Warriors getting their money etc there were several contributions made by people on the floor but being my first meeting had nothing to say.

What i came to realize afterwards like everything else it's just talk and no action,i am really surprise and glad to see the TTFF have honored the vets with some tickets,my only hope it's not a one time thing.

What i want to know is what's the role (aims/objectives) of the VFFOTT in T&T Football? 

Dont waste your time coops, these locals cant organize they foot from they ass and they always looking for handouts.

This VFFOTT is a bunch of retired men looking for a room to gossip with no punch.

They waiting for some foreigner to come and lead them like farm animals, this is why I will always say, a foreign based will always get more respect because they actually do stuff with less talking.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 12:48:00 PM »

This VFFOTT is a bunch of retired men looking for a room to gossip with no punch.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Sam you have me laughing with this line,that's it right there in a nutshell.You know i'm not a favourite of the foreighners but sometimes i have no choice but to agree with u guys.

I don't know why we like to talk so much,everybody knows all the issues and what should be done in Football but when is time for action people just dissapear,we are our best critique.