April 18, 2024, 08:02:08 PM

Author Topic: Watson lauds TTFF despite limited funding.  (Read 947 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Watson lauds TTFF despite limited funding.
« on: November 09, 2012, 03:42:45 AM »
Watson lauds TTFF despite limited funding.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Acting president of the T&T Football Federation (TTFF), Lennox Watson, yesterday, reflected on the achievements of the association despite a lack of funding, when he spoke at a media conference, hosted at the at the TTFF’s new headquarters, located on Anna St, Woodbrook.

Watson, who took over the temporary portfolio following the resignation of former long-standing president Oliver Camps, in October 2011, lauded what he described as the TTFF’s commitment to focus on on-field issues since a FIFA scandal broke in relation to former TTFF special advisor Jack Warner’s alleged distribution of “gifts” to members of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), in May last year.

Watson will give way to former TTFF vice-president Raymond Tim Kee, who will enter Sunday’s election unopposed, following the decision by sport analyst Colin Murray to pull out of the race.

Watson said following the “CFU issue”, the senior team went into the FIFA World Cup qualifiers, “woefully short of match practice as the Federation business took a back seat when the de facto president apparently focused on the pursuit of his political career,” which he said led to the elimination of the national team at the second phase.

He said subsequent to Warner’s departure, the TTFF “cleared the air” with FIFA as to its position, in regard to the former special advisor’s relationship with the federation.

“The TTFF made it quite clear that while it was thankful to Mr Warner for the contribution he made to football, he was no longer part of the TTFF or its process of governance and administration.”

He said that the federation’s distance with Warner was evidenced by the relocation of its head office, which was property of Warner, to the new Woodbrook address.

Watson went on to defend the chairman of the TTFF marketing committee and director of All Sport Promotions Anthony Harford, who was present at the media conference, saying despite allegations made by Minister of Sport Anil Roberts, Harford never paid funds to himself.

“Mr Harford (and) All Sport Promotions had as its mandate from the federation to seek funding in addition to any funding disbursed by the Government of T&T. In his pursuit of that mandate, advertisement and sponsorship was realised together with gate receipts from matches played. The TTFF paid All Sport from those funds with the remainder included in the budget.”

He disclosed that the federation appointed the marketing company with the approval of the Ministry of Sport to manage and account for funding which was provided by the Government, which according to Watson, was always justified with the necessary bills. Watson said that Harford was also given the responsibility of acquiring sponsorship for all projects, which led to the formation of the TTFF marketing committee.

“As president acting, I indicated by way of a media release that the accounts were, in fact, correct and that the Minister should withdraw his statement.”

He continued, “His response was that I must call an election as there will be no release of funding to the TTFF until (an) election is called by me. It was clear from his statement that he believed that the funds were his personal property and not the taxpayers.”

“Had the minister checked the accounts properly, he would have noticed that there was an excess on what was disbursed by the Government. (But) my position as president was not to get into a public banter with the minister, as he seems to enjoy loud dialogue.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Watson lauds TTFF despite limited funding.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:42:07 AM »
I don't know bout allyuh, but i really liked this watson bredder over camps any day!

IMO the man showed character and balls to stand up on his own despite jacks heavy handedness against his administration. camps was afraid to stand on his own, and craved money over the welfare of football which was evident when he allowed jack to bogard the money from the WC2006, all $188mil of it.

i hope TimKee could show just as much or even more balls than watson and stand up for football. it's goin to be hard no doubt, especially having jack warner and his loud mouth braying burro of a minister as enemies and detractors.

i have to rate watson no matter what the rest of allyuh think of him. i've met this man ah couple times, and he was AOK IMO, @ least better than that yellow teeth no balls having lap dog name olliver.

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
I will rate Watson...or anybody else for that matter...over Camps.  Is a pity Watson only seems to have found his voice when it was time to demit office though.  We will see what Tim Kee have to offer come next week.  Somehow I feel it will be more of the same though.  Anybody who possesses the testicular fortitude to could get Jack to turn in the accounts and settle the issue with the 2006 players...will be OK in my book.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
Well boy, Watson lauds the TTFF.

Understand something. Trinidad is a big stage full of actors to rival that of Tobago. For example, you have Kamla who is the biggest actor of them all. Her role in this very bad "B Movie" is the prime minister, leader of the pack.
Then you have Jacko acting as minister of national security, the flicking crime minister, sometimes he acts as prime minister as well. He use to act as minister of works and transportation, but then Kamla lost faith in his ability to act properly so she relegated him to a co-starring role as minister of works. He vex because he didn't win an oscar for his role. He used to act as vice president of FIFA, but then they found him out for what he truly was and decided to cast him in a different kind of movie. Jacko decided early he did not want that role so he quit and walked away from the money and the movie.
Then you have this police fella acting as commissioner of police, now he is suppose to direct and manage his extras because the actual director is missing in action. Then you have the judges and the lawyers acting as solicitors presiding over cases that rivals "As the World Turns" as a long running soap opera. Longevity is the key act. These cases hardly get solved. The current soap opera going on between the TTFF and the footballers from the 2006 World Cup squad is a case in point. Which brings us to Lennox Watson.
Now, Watson is acting as president of a football federation in total shambles, and he is giving props or kudos to this football federation like he knows what he is talking about, now maybe he does but then again he is suppose to know his lines if he wants to continue in life as an actor. Now, mind you this football federation he is lauding does not know its ass from its elbow.  This is a football federation controlled by a bunch of actors not worthy of casting in the worst "B Movie" you can think of, acting like despite the lack of funds and support from the corporate actors, the footballers and the sandlot football program is actually moving forward to rival that of Tobago's football program. Wait a minute. They are one and the same. OOps. You here lie, that is lie. These motherf&%kers actually believe in their narrow ass minds that the audience is actually enjoying this show. These actors are actually ignoring the embarrassment that manifests itself on the field of play in every tournament entered into so far. These actors in the TTFF are crack addicts in denial.
Now I am absolutely certain that I am leaving out a lot of other actors but that is by design, they are too numerous to mention but I am sure that if you are reading this post you can add a few actors of your own. Go ahead please do I won't be mad at you.
Life is a stage and those are some of your actors.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 10:21:35 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 11:21:43 PM »
Where was Watson's mouth for the last 15 years.

Steuuppss..... Good riddance.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 11:03:08 AM »
These fellas is fraud....no backbone.  Only when he back against the wall, did Watson decide to speak up a bit.  No testicular fortitude.

1]; } ?>