April 28, 2024, 10:32:15 PM

Author Topic: Soccer repairs father-son bond  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soccer repairs father-son bond
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »
Well said Coop's, VB and Deeks.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:12:14 PM by Flex »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
        Don't worry with those guys all of them live perfect lives,i'm so glad for them.

Nobody live perfect lives coops, but you always defending ex-players and you yourself dont know all the fact, so you just like me.

I will take care of my kids though, even if me and my wife split.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:13:38 PM by Flex »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 04:53:26 PM »
        Don't worry with those guys all of them live perfect lives,i'm so glad for them.

Nobody live perfect lives coops, but you always defending ex-players and you yourself dont know all the fact, so you just like me.

::) ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaPHPQt91w8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LaPHPQt91w8</a>
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 05:28:50 PM »
Sum Man facking wutless!!!!!!!!!!!! tek care of yu children , tek dem home, let dem hear soca and indian music,  tell dem who mek pan , tell dem how yu feal bout yu country... show dem  what  Doubles is. and how it does taste better with di hands god gave yu. . tell dem what a dougla is , Let dem know what colour is we flag.. teach dem how to spell tyre and colour,  May I continue.. too much wutless facking Trini man outta road....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 11:05:03 PM »
FF good one :rotfl: :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 12:59:39 AM »
Is some special breed of idiots does reside on this forum yes... wow.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 04:05:56 AM »

::) ::)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LaPHPQt91w8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LaPHPQt91w8</a>

FYI, I have been doing it for the past 5 years.

Myself and my wife split 5 years ago and today I play an active role both financially and physically in my 3 kids life.

My big son is about to graduate college.

To many men from the Caribbean disown their kids, 90% of the Caribbean people I meet here in Brooklyn are from broken homes where fathers just abandon their kids and not only this but they have more kids with other women.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:09:35 AM by Sando »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Good talk Sando and for you the personal impact/relevance is huge.  Sure many posters here grew up without their dads, so personal for many of us as well.  That said, I think it's fair to say (as others including you have said) that we don't know all the details, so I think Asylum said it best, take the high road.

Bottom line though, would be to our benefit if this happens less and less, we all need to be better fathers, most important and fundamental societal unit is the family unit, so let's protect and nurture it
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 08:09:23 AM »
Touching story mi fackin  ass.. everyone of my 5 boys has visited My birth land on several occasions...  Take yu children home sometime and show dem where yu come from.. A lot of Trinidadians does be shame to tek the children and shown dem wey dey come from.. I remember The first time I took my Kids  and wifee to TNT My uncle kick up a freeking storm bout why yu wat to show the kids poverty.. I tell him haul he c**t.. TNT  is my land of birth.. Shit I  even have tek dem to mandeville Jamaica on 3 occasions . I bet yu,  his rass aint know what Doubles is... cheups.. I happy for di yute eh but  I cya rate no article like dat..

war

war , how much time we tell yuh doh log on when yuh high
now thats some funny stuff - glad to see you carrying on bout little Dily.  War is right bout one thing, Uncle shoulda been on his game a little earlier in life, but he is on track right now, and it aint got nothen to do with shame for Trinidad.  Uncle loves Trinidad and if you know anything about him right now he is trying to build the youth program in TNT for a solid foundation for the national team.  No more writing while high War!  hahahaha

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 08:49:12 AM »
Yes, I know LeRoy and His family, and the only thing that matters to Nick is having the relationship he has now with his father, he could have chosen to go the hating, blaming, finger pointing, suspicious of his father route his whole life just like many of us misserable people would, but he chose to love his father and create something new going forward.  Make no mistake, it was Nick that followed his heart and asked for the relationship with his dad.  The way of love is the way of creation, and Nick DeLeon is a creator.  He loves his family and he loves soccer.  You all watch his ROTY highlights, and see.  The best is yet to come!  All this other stuff you all talken about is just speculation. 
If you want to know bout who got Nick there, someone should call and interview his mom.  She had the same frustrations with Nicks play as his father did, and she stuck it out and walked him through the path he chose.  She is a champion too, she gave up her chance to play with the womans Olympic team the year they made all the hubub because she was raising two beautiful kids instead.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2012, 10:18:23 AM »
lovingthislife you should change you name to Ishouldstopsmokingwar'sfreekingweed? wey yu dey pon my yute?  bout uncle who uncle yu a chat bout? look like this man tek mi f**king weed and come up in here bringing up duppy thread....
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »
lovingthislife you should change you name to Ishouldstopsmokingwar'sfreekingweed? wey yu dey pon my yute?  bout uncle who uncle yu a chat bout? look like this man tek mi f**king weed and come up in here bringing up duppy thread....
war
dey talk about dey uncle (leroy) not your uncle!!  :rotfl:

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 11:18:37 AM »
Yes, I know LeRoy and His family, and the only thing that matters to Nick is having the relationship he has now with his father, he could have chosen to go the hating, blaming, finger pointing, suspicious of his father route his whole life just like many of us misserable people would, but he chose to love his father and create something new going forward.  Make no mistake, it was Nick that followed his heart and asked for the relationship with his dad.  The way of love is the way of creation, and Nick DeLeon is a creator.  He loves his family and he loves soccer.  You all watch his ROTY highlights, and see.  The best is yet to come!  All this other stuff you all talken about is just speculation. 
If you want to know bout who got Nick there, someone should call and interview his mom.  She had the same frustrations with Nicks play as his father did, and she stuck it out and walked him through the path he chose.  She is a champion too, she gave up her chance to play with the womans Olympic team the year they made all the hubub because she was raising two beautiful kids instead.

Preach it brother. . .But don't get your emotions entangled with anyone who is not in The Know. Talk is cheap and there are many who let their tongues loose.
Support and love your family. . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »

Preach it brother. . .But don't get your emotions entangled with anyone who is not in The Know. Talk is cheap and there are many who let their tongues loose.
Support and love your family. . .
love to you brotha - was not being speacific, just loving Nick.  The guy that wrote that article did a great job.  Looks like he knew Nick and was trying to tell his story, cause Nick loves his pop!

Offline lovingthislife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 09:22:14 PM »
war
War, you and I might get along fo sho!  LeRoy is my Uncle, Nick my cousin.

1]; } ?>