March 29, 2024, 05:23:40 AM

Author Topic: Curacao dump T&T U-20s from W/Cup qualifiers.  (Read 6162 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Curacao dump T&T U-20s from W/Cup qualifiers.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 05:32:05 PM »
I guess Anil now has ammunition for not providing  funds for  our teams...

Maybe he needs to say how he intends to fix the issues instead of complaining. Cause all I hearing so far is drivel.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Curacao dump T&T U-20s from W/Cup qualifiers.
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »

Anil could take the money and shove it up his ......

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 06:30:58 PM »

Both he and Ashwin Creed must be saying "same thing we tell them!"

Who say time for a foreign coach ?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
hard luck yutes...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline MilkyX

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 05:52:34 PM »
I'm tired. Tired of the same old excuses. Lack of preparation, lack of money, local coaches with no experience, lack of players with proper training, lack of interest from the government, complete incompetence by the TTFF...TIRED! It took Jamaica 12 years to return to world cup qualification after their 1998 world cup appearance. I fear my friends...we are in for far worse. Its going to be a long, bumpy down right brutal ride. Greed, selfishness, hatred, jealousy, unfairness is what we have sown. Don't expect anything good any time soon. That is the reality. Its time we all accept it  :(
Only the humble can be truly great!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 07:24:53 PM »
It's something i've always said here on this forum,it's a pity our administration and Technical staffs have to take all the blame for our short commings,it's really hard being in that position. Since coming back home i've seen and experience first hand the attitude of our players,these guys don't give shyt about our Football all they care about is themselves,they complain about everything and the more you give is less they give,Football in T&T is not a priority for these guys,you see haw nice they look when travelling,that with the stipend they get is what's important for these guys.

The results we are getting in Football should not surprise anybody,we does focus on what the MOS,TTFF,Tony Harford etc etc and use that as the reason why our Football has fallen when is our uncommitted,don't care Footballers that have Football where it is,the most important thing in Football right now is the 06 Footballers getting their money,nothing else matters,where are our heros,don't talk about FPATT it have none where is their membership.

I spmpathyse with our young Footballers but these guys have to work harder than that,they have to work on themselves personally before anybody can help them,they have to understand that they never good enough and it always have work to be done,they have to develope a passion for the game,the game always comes first and everything else will follow,all the talk home is we have talent,what we have here is good for here once we leave here we in trouble,come home and see guys don't just take people's word.

We need more guys like Ross to tell it like it is,too much of our people don't want to rock the boat.       
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 07:26:24 PM by Coop's »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
Another disappointing result in the saga of our national football more is yet to come as we see a similar pattern brewing with our men's senior team. Blaming the results on one organization is simplistic in some ways.

take this  tournament for instance. I read where most of these teams were in a similar state of preparations as our team.  There were even reports that the Haitian team had little or no equipment!!!! If all this is true then how do you account for their success compared to ours? unless someone was blowing smoke up someones...., it is mind blogging to see the results we are producing consistently on a national level.

Haiti and Curacao are not power houses nor is Puerto Rico come to think of it, we are neither. If some thought we are then there exist illusions of grandeur. So what does it come down to, given all things being equal? coaching? TTFF? lack of resources? preparation? Tel lme, is it not teh same for these teams who qualified ahead of us? Do they have  better resources, better coaching. better facilities, better preparation, and or a better organization?

It may come down to the quality of our players; the intangible. It is my humble opinion that the burning desire to represent nation and to wear those national colours are not deeply entrenched in our youths and professional players for that matter. Despite all the other factors, if an individual knows or possess that desire and that motivation that football on an international level may provide an answer to a dream or provide a better livelihood then it affects his play and drive for success.  That is the edge that these other countries have?

Look at our quality of play? the coach is not out there playing?  watch our players level of attack or what looks like intensity on the ball or drive  at the defense or hustle?  Are these teachable skills? As a coach you can drill drill drill but once the game is on, where does teh drive come from? I am not saying that the role of the coach is minimal to the team but a player has to give more than the coach requires and collectively as a team more is expected than a coach.

This expectation of team was no more exemplified by  examining the performances from our team at 2006 against Sweden and for the most part against England. They played at a level that superseded the expectations of many. Compared those performances to a team which was comprised of many of our  supposedly highly skilled overseas pros, in the WC qualifier against Guyana and again you witness the ineptness of players, and a cohesive team. All things being equal - resources, coaching- organization etc what accounted for another debacle and disappointing result?

I wish the answer to our woes was a simplistic one and that the blame was easier to identify but there are more people in the know that could speculate and could remedy the ills affecting our  players. I just wish that all involved could put it together  because frankly how much lower can our football program sink?

Frankly our players have to have a different mind set. Some coach have to sit them down  for a weekend retreat of watching clips of the early TnT teams -Strike Squad. let them understand the limited opportunities some of these players had yet the intangibles which are difficult to teach were very much a part of players of the past- a burning desire to wear and represent the national colours.

I am saying it again what is the responsibility of today's players to be match fit, be prepared and to be the very best  as a player?  Z player has no control of teh politics of the TTFF nor of the coaches' credentials . competence of lack thereof....the game played on the field is in the player's control..... as a player there ought to be some control of the game's outcome that is within your control. Come on players wake up and take heed of what you stand for and represent TnT rather than look for blame.

Coaches you have an obligation to  bring out the very best with the cards you been dealt STOP the blame game and go plan do your homework learn strategy ; you owe it to your country and to the players. Have a look as much as I hate to utter the name and country ..it have a country close to Cuba doing it with a local coach... and they are experiencing  measures of success with they reggaae  futball.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »
Gama defends 'young Boyz'

Ryon Jones, Staff Reporter

Jamaica's young Reggae Boyz edged Cuba and Haiti to be the top-seeded team from the Caribbean Football Union Finals through to the CONCACAF Under-20 championships, to be staged in Puebla, Mexico, from February 18-March 2 next year.

When the draw for next year's championship takes place on November 21, Jamaica will be placed in pot one alongside Mexico, USA and Canada. Pot two will consist of Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Panama and El Salvador, while pot three will feature Haiti, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Curaçao.

The 12 teams will compete for places at the 2013 FIFA Under-20 Youth World Cup to be held in Turkey from June 21 to July 13 next year.

superior goal

Jamaica, playing with 10 men from the 58th minute, when Kereen Manning was ejected after committing his second bookable offence, saw off the challenge of Cuba in their final Group B encounter at Stadium East on Saturday evening, as the teams played out a goalless draw.

The result saw Jamaica top the tournament by virtue of a superior goal difference after finishing with seven points from three games, the same as Cuba and Group B winner Haiti.

Despite the team's achievement, however, many in attendance at Saturday's game lamented the apparent lack of cohesion and poor decision-making by the team in the final third.

"Here in Jamaica they are very tough with the teams, because it is believed that we must destroy every opponent; it is not like that," Jamaica's head coach, Luciano Gama, defended."The football is very balanced and we had just one week to prepare the team for this tournament.

important players

"We lost some important players for the tournament also, so if you take into account all the situations, you must give a discount for the team."

In the opening game of Saturday's double-header, Antigua and Barbuda came from behind to defeat Suriname 3-1, thanks to second-half strikes from Calaun Martin (48th), Tevaughn Harriette (50th) and Elijah McDonald (58th). Suriname had opened the scoring in the fifth minute when Viola Ziome Bodji scored from the penalty spot.

The result saw Antigua and Barbuda and Group A third-place team Curaçao finishing with identical statistics (three points, three goals scored, four goals conceded and a goal difference of -1). This resulted in a coin toss being used to determine which of teams advanced as the best overall third-place team. Curaçao won the toss.

Puerto Rico qualified for the final round after placing second in Group A behind Haiti with four points.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

1]; } ?>