April 25, 2024, 11:41:59 PM

Author Topic: Charles waits before naming final Caribbean Cup squad.  (Read 4611 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Charles waits before naming final Caribbean Cup squad.
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:55:45 AM »
Charles waits before naming final Caribbean Cup squad.
T&T Guardian Reports.

National Senior team Hutson Charles is facing some dilemma over the selection of his final squad for next week’s Caribbean Cup semi-final qualifying round at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Tobago.

Charles’s team is scheduled to assemble in the sister-isle tomorrow ahead of T&T’s opening encounter at the venue on Wednesday from 8pm. Cuba faces Suriname from 6pm on the same evening in a group from which the top two finishers will advance to the Finals in Antigua in December.

Since the team’s return from the previous group in St Kitts a few weeks ago, Charles has been able to conduct only three training sessions which he believes is a setback at this point in the campaign.

Aside from that, Charles learnt on Friday that W Connection defender Daneil Cyrus will be leaving for a trial on Sunday and Willis Plaza will also be departing back to Vietnam on the same day, according to his local handler David John Williams.

Ipswich Town captain Carlos Edwards is also unable to travel while Keon Daniel has been unreachable since the end of Philadelphia Union’s MLS season.

Currently only Vancouver Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell and Kazakhstan-based defender Robert Primus are the overseas-based players in the team. Former Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino is also in the current squad as well as Vietnam-based midfielder Hughtun Hector.

“The preparations have not been ideal,” Charles said.

“But once again we are facing the same problems that has plagued us for some time but of course the argument will be with the local clubs that the foreign clubs also refuse to release their players outside of the FIFA stipulated days.

But then the question has to be raised whether we really have national football at heart. This is a major tournament whereby we are trying to qualify for the Caribbean Cup finals and the Gold Cup and we are not even trying to give ourselves that little edge that could make a difference,” he said.

“What sense is it if we cannot have our players available to us at least one week before a major tournament. There have been calls that we utilise the local-based players and when we are doing that it’s still difficult to get players for our preparations. I understand the clubs have their business as well to take care of but a week or two I think will be a plus l if our football at the international level can benefit from all of this.

“I find it to be a bit disturbing when a club can choose to send out two players mere days before a tournament when they are fully aware that these guys are a big part of our plans.”

He expressed concern about T&T Pro League going ahead with scheduled matches this weekend, even though he did admit that a bit of miscommunication may have led to that as the Pro League have at some prior time tried to cooperate with the national team program.

“When our competing teams are able to train and be together for longer than us we have to be very concerned about that. It’s no longer a situation where we can just feel our players are naturally better and will go there and win these games easily. The game has changed,” Charles added.

“In saying that, we will work at best with that squad we have together now. They have the ability but we will have to maximise the two days we have together before the opening game on Wednesday,” he said. Charles also wanted to send a reminder that it is not a given that T&T will qualify out of the Caribbean Zone as we have failed to do so since 2007.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Charles waits before naming final Caribbean Cup squad.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:34:18 AM »
Sad state of affairs :(

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 07:07:06 AM »
4 days before we first match and them mudda f00ckers cant get they house in order.

Charles calling man who cant come and de one who can he not calling.

Real backward thing.

These f00ckers chupid like bricks.....

I want St Vincent to hit we 4....!!!!!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Sam how yuh go blame charles?/? the ppl to blame iz concacaf and CFU, they are the clowns who keep tournaments outside of FIFA international days. I have been saying this all along, the USA and mexico do not go into any competitive games with B teams, the only way that does happen is if they have already qualified and they want to give caps to their inexperienced youngstars.

CFU iz ah monkey organization to the point where even their web site is out dated.  stueeppsss, another thing is the pro league, and especially W.conn. lats yr the german expressed the very same sentiment as charles and williams talk one set ah c@nt about who go feed the players families if they don't go out on trials, despite the timing is what's hurting the team.

if it eh one thing it's another with T&T football eh,  and yuh know if we lose is every body coming out to talk sh!t about the players and the coach when from the federation to the leagues is constantly sabotaging the football, and of lately the ministry and the business fraternity. T&T football need real help boy!   

more unnecessary drama, never a dull day.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 09:56:57 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:01:37 AM »
4 days before we first match and them mudda f00ckers cant get they house in order.

Charles calling man who cant come and de one who can he not calling.

Real backward thing.

These f00ckers chupid like bricks.....

I want St Vincent to hit we 4....!!!!!!!!

so wait no right back in the proleague ??? and  keon Daniel unreachable interesting
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 05:23:08 PM »
I will JC on this one, clubs battling with national programs is a global issue not limited to us. The block of dates allocated by FIFA is more than enough to hold a regional competition. Globally all confederations have first and second tier qualifying tournaments and FIFA has a calendar with stipulations around player release to ensure its national teams can play with full strength teams.

CFU should run their competition like a hex with home and away ties and stop this group competition outside of FIFA dates, teams will never be at full strength and the overall competition will be stagnated with below par football. Once the regional teams not conflicted with double competition like WC qualifying  then let the teams only play on the FIFA dates for international ball.

Clubs like W Connection could do whatever they want with their contracted players, including to release dem for trials. National teams have no power to assemble anybody outside of the FIFA regulations. As long as the administration of regional football continues we will continue to see the same nonsense.

Let the chips fall where they may yes.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline StarKid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
I feel for Charles. THE team will qualify

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
a setta circus clowns running we football back home...

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:24 AM »
Here we go again!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »
“What sense is it if we cannot have our players available to us at least one week before a major tournament. There have been calls that we utilise the local-based players and when we are doing that it’s still difficult to get players for our preparations. I understand the clubs have their business as well to take care of but a week or two I think will be a plus l if our football at the international level can benefit from all of this.

:banginghead:  :banginghead:  :banginghead:

I remember big debates on this forum years ago whether we should go it without the foreign based players.  Is it poetic justice when the same thing happens with local professionals ?

Still...if you focus on the big picture..it says that after so many years of 'professional' football in Trinidad that we are still unable to produce a high quality team of players whether they be local or otherwise.  Given that other countries in the region, with significantly less resources than T&T, are developing at a rapid pace and our football seems to be stuck on the proverbial treadmill...it leaves one to wonder whether we are looking in the right place for the answers to this debacle.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 11:34:21 AM »
These competition have to be filled with the local based. we should have about 60 local based in training that could slot in an any time.

calling foreign based for these competition is a waste of time

focus the core of the team for these competition on local based as we advance further slot in the foreign based as they are available, if they are capable.

We win the last set of games easy easy, why not use these games to try out younger players U23 etc

There was no need to have keon daniel at that tournament for example.

better to use the caps to help a youth gain some experience.

now foreign based not available you have no local based to fall back on.....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
These competition have to be filled with the local based. we should have about 60 local based in training that could slot in an any time.

calling foreign based for these competition is a waste of time

focus the core of the team for these competition on local based as we advance further slot in the foreign based as they are available, if they are capable.

We win the last set of games easy easy, why not use these games to try out younger players U23 etc

There was no need to have keon daniel at that tournament for example.

better to use the caps to help a youth gain some experience.

now foreign based not available you have no local based to fall back on.....
:timeout: I not trying to hear that bull sh!t !!! :notlistening:

It's thinking like this that have our football in the dustbin! like i said before, the USA, mexico, england and germany even if they are playing little andora or san morino never go to battle without their best players, it's top protocol to role in with their big guns all blazing, no fackin need of a B team unless they achieve qualification!

yuh think mexico send ah B team to play guyana, yuh think america send ah B team to play barbados in 2010 WCQ in california when they buss 9 goals on barbados? yuh think spain send ah B team to play peurto rico earlier this yr? man be gone with that canal rat half arse pot hound mind set eh!

we tried that "ALL LOCAL" bullsh!t already, twice to be exact and we all saw how that worked out. the first time maturana went with ah bunch of old men with dwarika in tow, while jamaica send for willie boo and all their MLSers and scandinavian based and beat every body on their home turf.

the next degicel cup latas made the same mistake, only this time he went with a rookie team bleeding about six players whom were not familiar with international football, we wound up getting kicked out the gold cup for a second time , while guadelope and cuba and grenada who all had their best players with ah bunch of eropean based and MLSers, so when de fack we go learn that this approach eh fackin workin!!

you talking bout we beat anguilla and st kitts easy easy, oh yeah?? we katch we nenen to beat st kitts, and was lucky to beat french guyana thanx to jam williams between the sticks, plus ah SSFL all star team could beat dogone anguilla.

IMO CFU is to blame, they does always play this tournament on no fifa dates, what they have to do is appeal to FIFA for the clubs to release the players for these regional tournaments the same way the african confederation does get the benefit for clubs to release their players.

we will never do good without our A team in these tournaments , bc every body bringing their A players from france, holland and england while we coming wid we pro league players, what kind ah foolishness is that??!!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:26:57 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:57 PM »
 JUST COOL IS SPOT ON.  Haiti brought in professional players in the French League and they were head and shoulders above everyone elsein the under 20's recently concluded Qualifiers.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 04:08:50 PM »
JUST COOL IS SPOT ON.  Haiti brought in professional players in the French League and they were head and shoulders above everyone elsein the under 20's recently concluded Qualifiers.

From the clip I saw, the haitian did not appear head and should over TT. They may have been more organzied than our guys. They took their one chane and scored. Then they got a pk. Our guys did not score their chances and that is it.

Now this has been a recurring issue about us not getting overseas players for tournaments. Now the Gold cup is an official FIFA tournament, so country could put requests for their players. I don't think CFU championship is considered official, so they don't have to release them. The clubs will have to release certain Carib players for 2 tournaments, while NothAmerica and CA only have to release for Gold Cup. If our players are starting players on the Euro. leagues, they will have a hard time realsing them for tournaments. They already give us a hard time for WC qualifying. They consider the CFU as a pain in the arse. Quite frankly we should use locals and players from the MLS who not in the play-offs. That forward from Seattle needs to be on the team.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 05:17:28 PM »

From the clip I saw, the haitian did not appear head and should over TT. They may have been more organzied than our guys. They took their one chane and scored. Then they got a pk. Our guys did not score their chances and that is it.

Now this has been a recurring issue about us not getting overseas players for tournaments. Now the Gold cup is an official FIFA tournament, so country could put requests for their players. I don't think CFU championship is considered official, so they don't have to release them. The clubs will have to release certain Carib players for 2 tournaments, while NothAmerica and CA only have to release for Gold Cup. If our players are starting players on the Euro. leagues, they will have a hard time realsing them for tournaments. They already give us a hard time for WC qualifying. They consider the CFU as a pain in the arse. Quite frankly we should use locals and players from the MLS who not in the play-offs. That forward from Seattle needs to be on the team.
Breds i would agree with you if the degicel cup was not a prelude to the gold cup, one of our most prestigious tourneys in the region and a gauge for where we stand in the confederation, and we can't afford to play with that, especially when other teams coming with their full arsenal, no way!

IMO CFU should do like the african confederation, their tournament do not fall on FIFA sanctioned dates, as ah matter of fact i remember that harry went berserk when he coached pompey bc he had to let half his team go off to the african nations cup, and it was not in the FIFA calender as a official tourney.

if they can't get the same consideration as the african confederation, then CFU should start and finish this process in the summer months when the league is out in europe, this would be best for football in the region, but to say we don't need our best ballers, like i said before, have you ever seen england play any games friendly or otherwise deliberately with a half strength team?

i think it's bad for the cohesion and the over success of the team, and for team to be successful, players need to play together long enough to know each others game, that's the key to half of the success in any team sport IMO.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 05:37:58 PM by just cool »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 05:46:34 PM »
the full squad plz ???

Keyon Edwards and Hasim Arcia called up....Small Mag said he saw no Daniel,PrimusMolino...

any word ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
the full squad plz ???

Keyon Edwards and Hasim Arcia called up....Small Mag said he saw no Daniel,PrimusMolino...

any word ??

Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Seon Power, Joevin Jones, Curtis Gonzales, Kareem Moses, Carlyle Mitchell, Kern Cupid, Densill Theobald, Clyde Leon, Ataullah Guerra, Devorn Jorsling, Richard Roy, Jamal Gay, Hashim Arcia, Keyon Edwards, Kevon Carter, Hughtun Hector, Aubrey David and Kendall Jagdeosingh
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:18 PM »
the full squad plz ???

any word ??

Jan Michael Williams, Marvin Phillip, Seon Power, Joevin Jones, Curtis Gonzales, Kareem Moses, Carlyle Mitchell, Kern Cupid, Densill Theobald, Clyde Leon, Ataullah Guerra, Devorn Jorsling, Richard Roy, Jamal Gay, Hashim Arcia, Keyon Edwards, Kevon Carter, Hughtun Hector, Aubrey David and Kendall Jagdeosingh
there goes we gold cup hopes

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19:22 PM »
Imagine this.....named to the national squad...opportunity to wear the national colours and to represent your country for football supremacy in the region  and you are not available as you are going on trial!!!!!!!

Some will say  self before country.....some will argue that where is the worth in playing for the national team..... some will argue that you cannot pass on an opportunity. In my humble opinion, these players should never be ever considered especially if they trial is ah flop. Where is the sense of national pride? This intangible is sadly lacking in our players. The motivation and drive  in the players of this era is absent by many.

Imagine you cannot negotiate with  a prospective team that you have an opportunity to represent your country? Look most of those leagues on holiday now. At a time like this , your country needs you and  players put self before country!!!!!!!!! Once more  we are fielding a vastly inexperienced team!!!! The failure of our u20 team, many who are with local proleague teams, is indicative of the substandard  quality of players we have.

Now interestingly, teh players going on trials are the ones who  provided a degree of goals in our last campaign and just like that, they could turn their backs on the national to seek self gains!!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME

Selectors rethink alll these tournaments---- start building for the  2018 campaign and use the u23/20 players and start molding a team.Use these palyers as the core and have them represent TnT at this level of competition. Fuh get them  'star boys' mentality and over the hill players who eh hungry enough whose better days are  gone.... Let the youths build on this level of experience and focus our sights on building for  2018 !!!!!!!! invest the money on long term gains despite the short term pains.  The older players in this squad will not be helping us  come 2018. Invest in our u23/20 and let's take blows if we have to but I am tired of  placing hope in these players and  hastily put together teams thinking we will get results only to be embarrassed by  teams who are investing in the future.

Tell me how an island like Antigua could put together players to play in the USFl, and we cyar even finance ah team to play ah friendly in Tobago? SHAME SHAME for a country with our financial capital.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:28:59 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 05:11:28 AM »
the full squad plz ???

any word ??

An all local line up, this will be interesting.

the full squad plz ???

any word ??

there goes we gold cup hopes
Allyuh  better don't balme the coach, but rather, blame CFU, they are the ones who schedule these games on none fifa days, you will never see euafa or comebol doing this BS.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
Imagine this.....named to the national squad...opportunity to wear the national colours and to represent your country for football supremacy in the region  and you are not available as you are going on trial!!!!!!!

Some will say  self before country.....some will argue that where is the worth in playing for the national team..... some will argue that you cannot pass on an opportunity. In my humble opinion, these players should never be ever considered especially if they trial is ah flop. Where is the sense of national pride? This intangible is sadly lacking in our players. The motivation and drive  in the players of this era is absent by many.

Imagine you cannot negotiate with  a prospective team that you have an opportunity to represent your country? Look most of those leagues on holiday now. At a time like this , your country needs you and  players put self before country!!!!!!!!! Once more  we are fielding a vastly inexperienced team!!!! The failure of our u20 team, many who are with local proleague teams, is indicative of the substandard  quality of players we have.

Now interestingly, teh players going on trials are the ones who  provided a degree of goals in our last campaign and just like that, they could turn their backs on the national to seek self gains!!!! SHAME SHAME SHAME

Selectors rethink alll these tournaments---- start building for the  2018 campaign and use the u23/20 players and start molding a team.Use these palyers as the core and have them represent TnT at this level of competition. Fuh get them  'star boys' mentality and over the hill players who eh hungry enough whose better days are  gone.... Let the youths build on this level of experience and focus our sights on building for  2018 !!!!!!!! invest the money on long term gains despite the short term pains.  The older players in this squad will not be helping us  come 2018. Invest in our u23/20 and let's take blows if we have to but I am tired of  placing hope in these players and  hastily put together teams thinking we will get results only to be embarrassed by  teams who are investing in the future.

Tell me how an island like Antigua could put together players to play in the USFl, and we cyar even finance ah team to play ah friendly in Tobago? SHAME SHAME for a country with our financial capital.

Yuh missing de bigger picture. Your vision is romantic, but not realistic or practical.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 12:26:03 PM »
hear nuh I hear we pick a guyanees audrey david in the squad is dat true? Trinidad eh have nobody else we need a facking guyaneese to strengthen  we team? wais dat boi.. smaddy help mi here nuh I confuse..how is it possible for we to have a guyaneese international in we squad ?
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »

Yuh missing de bigger picture. Your vision is romantic, but not realistic or practical.

:thumbsup:
Remember when we had a certain coach called Wim, took an all local team and they were playing some good ball..I had such hope and next ting he cuff down tiger and was gone...Since then I never seen any all local side come close to playing at the quality they did under him
Back in Trini...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 12:52:06 PM »
hear nuh I hear we pick a guyanees audrey david in the squad is dat true? Trinidad eh have nobody else we need a facking guyaneese to strengthen  we team? wais dat boi.. smaddy help mi here nuh I confuse..how is it possible for we to have a guyaneese international in we squad ?
war

if its the same player, he represented t&t at youth level numerous times. maybe he played for guyana because he was getting overlooked for our senior team. if he still age eligable for t&t why should we loose him to guyana. yuh want another ricky shakes nightmare or what?
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »
war
First off somebody told you wrong. yes aubrey david is in the squad, no he's not a guyanese, @least according to this: http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/player-pool.html?view=playerprofile&id=589

It is possible that he may have guyanese parents, but he's ah trinidaian, and yuh know what, "SO WHAT" if he's guyanese?? ricardo clark is a guyanese american, and raheem sterling is ah jamaican born british bred playing for the three lions, so why aubrey can't play for us when his navel string bury in trinidad.

the boy was born and bred in trinidad, yuh can't get more trinidadian than that. he's more than eligible IMO, he's is ah trinidadian full stop, what more yuh want??!

PS: we need defenders and the boy is ah defender. our two best defenders are out for this challenge, and we need all the help we could get. this is ah real poor squad bro, with our main goal threat gone AWOL.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:22:33 PM by just cool »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 03:34:28 PM »
war
First off somebody told you wrong. yes aubrey david is in the squad, no he's not a guyanese, @least according to this: http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/player-pool.html?view=playerprofile&id=589

It is possible that he may have guyanese parents, but he's ah trinidaian, and yuh know what, "SO WHAT" if he's guyanese?? ricardo clark is a guyanese american, and raheem sterling is ah jamaican born british bred playing for the three lions, so why aubrey can't play for us when his navel string bury in trinidad.

the boy was born and bred in trinidad, yuh can't get more trinidadian than that. he's more than eligible IMO, he's is ah trinidadian full stop, what more yuh want??!

PS: we need defenders and the boy is ah defender. our two best defenders are out for this challenge, and we need all the help we could get. this is ah real poor squad bro, with our main goal threat gone AWOL.

FYI: JC Ricardo Clark father, Lance, is from Trinbago.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »
war

FYI: JC Ricardo Clark father, Lance, is from Trinbago.
Well then his mother is a guyanaese bc he said it out his own mouth when they last came here to play us in the hex where he himself scored the only goal of the game.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 04:39:56 PM »
Well then his mother is a guyanaese bc he said it out his own mouth when they last came here to play us in the hex where he himself scored the only goal of the game.
Yes, in fact his brother has played for Guyana

1]; } ?>