March 29, 2024, 12:30:28 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (14-Nov-2012).  (Read 15100 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs St Vincent Game (14-Nov-2012).
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2012, 08:06:31 PM »
Good going, Radio Tambrin. One of them announcers really sound like jack, jeez!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2012, 08:19:06 PM »
imagine we couldn't even get one radio station from trinidad to cover the games, and allyuh bawlin how we should be beating st vincent. since the last game against aguilla, we eh play one warm up game, and now it look like the team plagued with injuries, what ah thing!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2012, 08:23:55 PM »
Did we not finish the game with 9 men?? ah mean common folks. if jaggy was injured and cater was stretchered off with no mo subs, that meant we played with nine men, that is not a bad result for a nine man team. say thank god we didn't lose.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
We did Not finish the game with 9 men. Jaggy had a knock but still played his heart out. IMO Carter scared to play because the past injury kept pulling out of tackles. Came back on after being stretchered off Jorsling omfg is d worst player to EVER wear the National shirt. Idk wat was going on with guerra tonight, tried to be too fancy skilfull but greedy fella hour. Seon Power, d best player on the pitch tonight. Next game should be better d field was like a carpet tonight but they should be able to play on it now that they know how it runs. For the scrappy game we played its a fair result
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:36:10 PM by chelsealife »

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
football in Trinidad need ah sabbatical

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »
Seon Power, d best player on the pitch tonight.
I believe it. Even when he was shitty he had heart.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
We did Not finish the game with 9 men. Jaggy had a knock but still played his heart out. IMO Carter scared to play because the past injury kept pulling out of tackles. Came back on after being stretchered off Jorsling omfg is d worst player to EVER wear the National shirt. Idk wat was going on with guerra tonight, tried to be too fancy skilfull but greedy fella hour. Seon Power, d best player on the pitch tonight. Next game should be better d field was like a carpet tonight but they should be able to play on it now that they know how it runs. For the scrappy game we played its a fair result

If Seon Power was d best player on d pitch well I will have to watch baseball
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
Oh boy......

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2012, 08:48:03 PM »
 :banginghead:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »

:whistling: :wavetowel:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2012, 09:06:31 PM »

Weary, ent ah tell yuh that during the game.  He started off shaky and then turned out to be the best of the defenders......dais how bad the defence was.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
FULL TIME

T&T 1 (Devorn Jorsling 4) vs St Vincent 1 (Myron Samuel 36)

Correction
Live large and prosper!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2012, 09:19:14 PM »
Honestly doh, I never see so many supporters who does waste down dey players so..Aye..
then ppl go tell meh how they worse in this country & that country...well back dem country.. calling it like it is one thing, but many ah the critics eh even see the game..but they tellin yuh how man throw before game start, and  who is the worse from so long ago...so he must be worse now, and faulting the men for trying they best..so when they try they best to get pick, AND get pick to wear the Colours and represent you, cause YOU can't do better, and better not WILLING or not Able to represent YOU..for so many who feel they shouldn't be they, they should do us a favour and refuse the pick, so we could have another waste down to licks them with.....if they not up to par, they didn't pick they self..anyway, I does keep forgeting, I is a ''settler for mediocrity' ... Go tell ppl one thing, not TT alone have EPL, and or producing very good & talented footballers..eg. I worked with at least 2 Vincy in this small city, who was damn good, and one was sure to make their National team if he didn't have legal issues here..Imagine when now they an everyone else can pull ballers from all over.. We have all over too, but is like them does get a foreigner stamp once they outta TT.. Meanwhile, all the other little & bigger islands teams does still pul in as full strength as possible..Man hit meh once, nah, he cyah be good, he only playing college, or CPL or small team... if we was real good we woulda be socabullies, but the way of the warrior ent so.buh wha i know, me not no warrior..
nb: the above comments are only direct to those that fine it offensive. ::)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »
Oh yeah.  I was at the game.  I took a few days off this week and it just happened to coincide with these games.  I have sworn off football until the higher ups get their act together but ah couldn't pass up the opportunity to watch the National team in Tobago.  And ah say ah woulda make a small report for all yuh but Patriot was there so if he has the time he would be more detailed I guess.

Anywho, the stadium wasn't sold out.  Not surprised.  Uncovered practically empty, couldn't gauge how many were in the covered aread but it had a decent size crowd by the time the game was half way through.

Since I don't follow pro league as closely as I should, I didn't recognise half the team.  Good thing I had my radio with me so I could follow along with which man was wearing what number.

So Jan Michael did alright in goal.  Saved about 2 - 3 clear cut chances from Vincy.  Vincy always looked more threatening going forward than we did.  We started brightly but once Vincy settled, ah start to see the old familar pattern.  Crappy defence, no midfield and the forwards/strikers eh looking sharp.  And speaking of strikers I couldn't understand why Guerra was taken off.  I say well maybe there was some footballing tactic and strategy that I eh see so I asked Patriot after the game what he thought and he was perplexed too.

Since I eh familiar with the pro league players and most times I see them for the first time at a National team game, I couldn't understand why #11 Carter was looking so poor.  I keep hearing that he is one of the best we have but what I saw there tonight, I hope that was just him having a bad night.  Not sure why Jamal Gay didn't play.  Picked up an injury I guess.

uuuummm what else.  Oh Theobald is still doing whatever Theobald does...... ::) ::).  Seon Power started off poorly.  If I'm not mistaken, I think he was on the right side at the start of the game and all Vincy's attacks were coming down his side with good effect.  He then apparently took up the center role and looked much better.  He eventually turned out to have a better game than the rest of the defence. Not that he spectacular.  THE DEFENCE JUST THAT BAD!!!!  He did play instrumental roles in two of the plays in the dying minutes of the game that almost saw the goal in the back of the net.  Almost.....

hhhhhhmmmm what else.  Oh who is this #14?  Hashim Arcia?? Whey he come out??  Came on and didn't really make much of an impression.  He just fit right in with the mediocrity.  And de boy nashy, nashy too.....lawd.  Ah feel ah will bring all ah dem by me for some good blue food before Friday.  Why de team nashy so??  The only one who look like he have some size and built is Jan Michael. 

Vincy was organised in defence and midfield.  Their forwards quick and clicking.  Their keeper deserved some kudos too.  He kept out about 4 - 5 clear cut chances.

In all, I am reminded why I took a self imposed ban from T&T football.  I'm dreading going back for more of this on Friday..... ::).  Can't make it on Sunday, I will be back in Trini by the time the game kicks off.  Not sure I would want to see us against Cuba any way.....*shudders*
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2012, 09:50:39 PM »
hhhhhhmmmm what else.  Oh who is this #14?  Hashim Arcia?? Whey he come out??  Came on and didn't really make much of an impression.  He just fit right in with the mediocrity.  And de boy nashy, nashy too.....lawd.

He looked decent in all of W-Connection's Champions League games that I saw.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2012, 10:10:30 PM »
hhhhhhmmmm what else.  Oh who is this #14?  Hashim Arcia?? Whey he come out??  Came on and didn't really make much of an impression.  He just fit right in with the mediocrity.  And de boy nashy, nashy too.....lawd.

He looked decent in all of W-Connection's Champions League games that I saw.
He wasnt that bad, took on and beat his man most times on the left wing when he came on. Skinny but he's a player for sure.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:43 AM »
Ah told allyuh bout jorslin, he does make gary glassgow look like messi. that facker could throw away.

ah hope these fellas know that they blew the weakest game, every game from here on in would be harder. in all honesty, i don't see this group advancing, we will lose this competition, and it's sad, bc all the fellas who blank the scene for what ever reason, if we lose they will never get the exposure from ah degicel cup final and a gold cup appearance.

it pains me to say this, but right now, we in real fackin trouble.   may god help us.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2012, 05:22:46 AM »
Please scrap the pro league and start over. What so professional about it? f**kers ain't fit, no skill, men making the same mistakes they making years ago.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2012, 08:23:08 AM »
FULL TIME

T&T 1 (Devorn Jorsling 4) vs St Vincent 1 (Myron Samuel 36)

Correction

Give us your assessment, Doc.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »
Thanks for the report BrownSugar

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
Where's the report??

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »
Where's the report??
A few posts above...
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=58445.msg829644#msg829644
Read this already, but she said patriot was doing ah ting later, still waitin.   :waiting:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
Local coaches receive heavy criticism, and are constantly under the micro scope. Besides Gally, which local coach received the resources, funding & support Beenie received?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
Local coaches receive heavy criticism, and are constantly under the micro scope. Besides Gally, which local coach received the resources, funding & support Beenie received?

St. Clair. Although when it came to building on the great run we had in 1999/2000, dey run him without justification.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2012, 06:58:56 AM »
Where's the report??
A few posts above...
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=58445.msg829644#msg829644
Read this already, but she said patriot was doing ah ting later, still waitin.   :waiting:

And ah say ah woulda make a small report for all yuh but Patriot was there so if he has the time he would be more detailed I guess.

Apologies Just cool if I gave the impression that Patriot would make a report.  He didn't tell me that he would and I know he is real busy these days and hardly has the time to visit the forum that's why I said "if he had the time...." 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2012, 07:07:17 AM »

Observer, de local coaches are yes men and accept the TTFF terms, good or bad, so they deserve what they get.

They are also to complacent and not interested in imporving INTERNATIONALLY as a coach, they to stagnant.

Our teams are never bad as players, but as a team their is to many open gaps that the local coaches dont see. All they do is make the team play senseless long balls and have them working extra hard, so they get tired and lose in de end.

They also dont do their homeworks, they just go in blindly and hope with no game plan or plan B incase plan aq not working.

To many simple flaw by the local coaches.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:10:04 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Match Report TnT - St Vincent
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »
First off, let me ask that this not be merged right away please.

Right well ah reach late but the parking wasn't too bad. A good crowd for football in Tobago, although I was expecting more. I walked straight in and sat with the first familar face I saw, no time to waste finding no 'good seat'. it was 2nd half in the first game, Cuba already up 4-nil. The truth be told Suriname wasn't looking too bad at this point, it took me a while to realize who was the side on top. Anyway 5-nil, game done.

A watch round the crowd and barely 1/3 of "us" wearing Red..... The place quiet till you could hear a pin drop.

WE started with Jorsling up front, Hector on the left and Carter on the right, Guerra in the middle with Theolbald and Leon in front of the back four. Jones on the left and Mitchell and Power in the middle, Wasn't sure who was the right back. With Theobald sometimes dropping to make it two holding midfielders(this is how it looked to me)

So game start and we midfield start to pressure from the get go. WE throw away one and had a free kick right on top the box all before we scored in the 4th minute. Then a nice knock down the right and Jorsling throw away. Things looking good. St Vincent looking good for about 10. SO we continue to dominate, until about the 20th minute and man start to lapse in the middle. St Vincent all of a sudden start to find space to pass the ball to foot. One miss, two misses, three misses then "BAM" goal in we tail.
Everybody want to know what the hell just happened, this side wasn't playing nothing !!!!!

Well at this point Charles made some changes and put Huton Hector in the middle and move Atullah Guerra to the left. Good Tactical change and we start to play again. Men start back dropping off in midfield and crowding them out and we start to win the ball again, and we start to pressure them. Guerra drags a man in the box, mash up the stadium, then tried to do too much instead of chooking it across the box.This action was repeated again before the half was done.

Half time 1 all but the side still looking good for some goals in the 2nd half. I looked around the section where I was sitting(on the left end of the stands close to the goal post) and you know what... I know almost everybody there by name. It was either coaches, players, former players and school boy players, with parents.......... only diehards, we were not able to get the non traditional supporters(band waggonists). But really what can you expect when the football in the state that it is.

Right  2nd half... St Vincent has now arrived at the party with their two strikers.....Poison is the only way that i can describe them. When them two get the ball on their feet is pure pressure. They playing like twins. Movement off the call and their connection was almost impossible to contain in the 2nd Half. Hats off to Carlyle Mitchell and "Man Of the Match" Seon Power. Power is a beast, I give him a player rating of 9.75... only because when he was sent up in the closing stages as we were looking for the win... he did everything but score.

Charles brought on Jagdeosingh and Edwards for the now ineffectual Guerra, who by that time was being called off by the fans. Jaggy on the left and Edwards playing central for Leon. Jorsling had by this time also had been taken out of the game due to a combination of rough tackles and poor refereeing, that frustrated our no. 9 right out of the match. Poor Jorsling could not get a call from the ref. for nothing, and the crybaby that he is got frustrated and had to be replaced. Most people looking on thought that Edwards was not very good, I myself thought that he was a more attacking and goal scoring midfielder, not sure what his instructions were. Jagdeosingh made a few speedy threatening runs, one of which ended in a collision with the St Vincent goal keeper.... the next run that he made after that  his hamstring went. This meant that we effectively finished the game with 10 men as he was just left up front on his own to do what ever he could if the ball came his way.

All this happening and football still playing.... Hasim Arca also came on and was on of the culprits of the glaring misses that we had coming down to the death after we had ridden out the steam of the St Vincent "spin twins" up front, partly to some heavy tackles that lead to one being replaced( :thumbsup: )

We, even with this weakened side should of had no trouble totally dismantling this side. Given the defense that we put up and the misses in front of goal..... easy 3 points. Not sure what happened to the St Vincent side that most were expecting to be the toughest team in the group. The only time that they played any constructive ball was when our midfield back off and gave them space to play. They looked poor at times really.

Let us hope that this is not an indication of things to come. What should have been an easy 3 points we turned into 1. Don't let anybody fool you, they talking bot poor first touch and all kinda thing bout the players...... we were still better than St Vincent

Most import to this side going forward will be match practice. The only way to improve on the finishing and to minimize some of the simple errors that they made is with this side training together and playing together. There were no major technical problems with the side. I have seen some of these players play in the Pro League and on National Teams before and they can do it.

Got in after midnight from Trini and could do with some rest but I will be there tonight...in my RED !!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
I find it real odd that the "strike squad" "coaches" produce such un-strike-squad like "tactics" .........my father, bless his soul, used to say dat we didn't have real coaches in trinidad, but glorified trainers with extremely gifted players to work with...................I think it is plain to see now that in Trini the players drove the team and not the coaches and without exceptional talent in d engine room we will have issues........

Is time to drop d brazil love once and for all and start building workman like teams dat do d simple things well and start grindin out wins preferably with a basic ground game and for godsake build a system of play that starts from the back and keeps the whole team compact and involved we team does get issolated in dey zones to easy especially against more technical opposition.

but we need to improve we "thinking game" most of all, startin with our coaches because it plain to see now dat trini football was riding on the backs of exceptional talent and little to no real organization
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Match Report TnT - St Vincent
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2012, 02:22:36 PM »
Thanx rataman, good read. wish i was fackin there, hate living in america sometimes, bc i get to miss out on all the good football action.  :frustrated:

1]; } ?>