June 17, 2024, 04:32:38 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Suriname Game (16-Nov-2012).  (Read 9461 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Suriname Game (16-Nov-2012).
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:59:48 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Suriname Caribbean Cup qualifiers at the Dwight Yorke Stadium (19:00) on the 16th of November 2012 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

1. Chat Room.

Possible Online Streams.
To be updated.

Possible TV Station.
To be updated.

T&T Squad

GK - Marvin Phillip (Central FC), Jan-Michael Williams (W Connection).

DF - Kern Cupid (W Connection), Seon Power (North East Stars), Kareem Moses (North East Stars), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps—Canada), Aubrey David (Caledonia AIA).

MF - Kevon Carter (Defence Force), Hughtun Hector (Song Lam Nghe—Vietnam), Clyde Leon (W Connection), Joevin Jones (W Connection), Keyon Edwards (Caledonia AIA), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA), Ataullah Guerra (Caledonia AIA), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Chainat FC—Thailand).

FW - Devorn Jorsling (Defence Force), Richard Roy (Defence Force), Jamal Gay (Caledonia AIA), Hashim Arcia (W Connection).

Suriname Team

To be updated.

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:11:15 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Suriname Game (16-Nov-2012).
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
no worries for this game because all the best players from suriname in holland... :P

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:19:01 AM »
Jamal Gay is not in the squad.... Sylvester Teasdale is.
Live large and prosper!

Offline Raj-G

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:27:24 AM »
no worries for this game because all the best players from suriname in holland... :P
Sadly that's true. If we could make use of players like Ryan Babel (Ajax), Eljero Elia (Werder Bremen), Urby Emanuelson, Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Michel Vorm (Swansea City) etc. We would demolish you guys ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 07:34:47 AM »
im assuming the radio link stays the same for today

http://tambrintobago.com/streamer/audio.html
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 07:51:30 AM »
come on TnT...get it right tonight... 3 points...we will deal with "performance" later

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Sadly that's true. If we could make use of players like Ryan Babel (Ajax), Eljero Elia (Werder Bremen), Urby Emanuelson, Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Michel Vorm (Swansea City) etc. We would demolish you guys ;D

:D my grandfather is surinamese, i have family there as well, but im a born and bred trini, wish suriname had the infrastructure to keep the players local but sadly thats not the case, they all play for holland, even my cousins, who also played for ajax and feyernord...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
Well too bad for you. boo hoo  :'(
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »
Be nice, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't have been able to listen to the last match

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 03:10:58 PM »
Same could be said for martinique, guadelope and even jamaica, matter of fact, the same could be said for most caribbean countries who have european born caribbean heritage.

BTW here's a list of your players, they are indeed big time and could have easily made it to the world cup 100 time over if they decided to play for yuh guys. thank God they don't!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Suriname Born Players who Don't Play for Suriname
145th ranked Suriname pulled off the upset over their neighboring rivals Guyana in their recent World Cup Qualifier play-in series. Incredibly, Suriname used nearly all home-grown amateur players due to government policies regarding overseas players and will now join a qualifying group with Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Haiti.

Here I've compiled a list of players from the former Dutch colony that have left to play overseas. All of the players listed have one thing in common. They were born in Paramaribo, Suriname.

Active European Based Players Born in Suriname:

Clarence Seedorf - Netherlands (86) and AC Milan
Edgar Davids - Netherlands (74) and Free Agent - LA Galaxy?
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - Netherlands (23) and Cardiff City
Romeo Castelen - Netherlands (10) and Hamburger SV
Andwélé Slory - Netherlands (2) and Feyenoord
Dwight Tiendalli - Netherlands U21 and Sparta Rotterdam
Edson Braafheid - Netherlands U21 and FC Twente
Lorenzo Davids - Netherlands U21 and NEC Nijmegen
Nordin Wooter - Netherlands U21 and AEK Larnarca (Cyprus)
Leroy George - FC Utrecht
Sigourney Bandjar - Excelsior Rotterdam
Fabian Wilnis - Ipswich Town (Released end of 2008)
Mark De Vries - Dundee United
Darl Douglas - Willem II
Kurt Elshot - NAC Breda
Purrel Fränkel - De Graafschap
Cerezo Fung a Wing - De Graafschap
Kelvin Maynard - FC Volendam
Samuel Koejoe - FSV Frankfurt (2.Bundesliga Germany)
Nicandro Breeveld - FC Omniworld
Adilio Augustin - Haarlem
Rodney Cairo - Haarlem
Toevaro Pinas - Stormvogels Telstar

There are dozens of players playing in Holland and elsewhere that could have played for Suriname. However, Suriname's government doesn't allow for dual citizenship, so once a player accepts another nation (generally the Netherlands), he can no longer return to play for his home country. Conversely, Dutch born Surinamese don't play for Suriname either, as they'd have to give up their Dutch citizenship to do so.

If their government rules were different, Suriname would very likely be one of the top teams in CONCACAF and the Caribbean region, similar to Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago who've used many players that are based in and were born in England.

It's not only an issue for soccer players as about 350,000 people from the small Brazilian neighbor have left the country to live in the Netherlands. That is about a quarter of the entire population of the country.

I'm sure there are even more players overseas, but without knowing the Dutch language, it is difficult to find player information for the second division and below.

Included with these players are many great players of Surinamese descent that were born in the Netherlands.

Ruud Gullit, Frank Rijkaard, Aron Winter, Gerald Vanenburg, Patrick Kluivert, Ryan Babel, Royston Drenthe, Boy Waterman, Ryan Donk, Gianni Zuiverloon, Maceo Rigters, and many more.

Pretty impressive list.

Suriname's Little Secret from Fifa.com

Interesting Geography Fact:
Suriname was aquired by the Netherlands in a trade with England for New Amsterdam, the present day Manhattan.
Posted by Steve at 8:30 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook
Labels: Eredivisie, Netherlands, Suriname, World Soccer
2 comments:

chino10August 13, 2010 8:09 PM

I was always intrigue about this. It is too bad that a few group of people(probably corrupt individuals) can change the course of a country. They have no idea what they are doing. The revenue that soccer can create can change the life of a poor country.
    AnonymousJune 10, 2012 8:49 AM

Suriname Govt. should changed their football policy for the betterment of football...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:14:18 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 03:13:08 PM »
Be nice, if it wasn't for him you wouldn't have been able to listen to the last match
Don't worry worm, i ent hard on him, just playing rough.

BTW that linx didn't work for me, hope we could get a better one.      :beermug:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »
Anyone at the Vincy - Cuba match, any updates would be appreciated.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 04:31:20 PM »
for d people dat have trouble yuh browser need Windows media player11 pluglin, WMP12 installed on yuh system doh matter...mac people like vb might be outa luck
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 04:44:21 PM »
Anyone at the Vincy - Cuba match, any updates would be appreciated.
I mehself just coming to ask what's the deali. ah hope cuba beats st vincent, bc i know chances are that st vincent will beat suriname.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 04:50:44 PM »
for d people dat have trouble yuh browser need Windows media player11 pluglin, WMP12 installed on yuh system doh matter...mac people like vb might be outa luck
How do you do that?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »
Vincy reportedly up 1-0 over Cuba

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 05:21:22 PM »
Any linx, anyone, porfavor?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
Look like st vincent come to play spoiler boy.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
The score anyone?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
De board fackin ded boy. stuueeppssssss
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:51:18 PM by just cool »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:16 PM »
How do you do that?

what browser do u use, firefox has a windows media player 11 plugin downloading and installing this worked for me
http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download

chrome works with no additional sofware and explorer9...I doh use that
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:45:50 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:14 PM »
How do you do that?

what browser do u use, firefox has a windows media player 11 plugin downloading and installing this worked for me
http://www.interoperabilitybridges.com/windows-media-player-firefox-plugin-download

chrome works with no additional sofware and explorer9...doh use it
Thanx left, i use firefox by the way, while we @ it, yuh eh know who winning de cuba game?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 05:54:38 PM »
How do you do that?

chrome works with no additional sofware and explorer9...doh use it
Thanx left, i use firefox by the way, while we @ it, yuh eh know who winning de cuba game?

game finish. SVG win
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »
game finish. SVG win
No, finished 1-1

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:50 PM »
game finish. SVG win
No, finished 1-1

so i hearing... last minute goal for Cuba... that better for we i suppose
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:19 PM »
1 JM Williams, 3 Joevin, 4 Kern Cupid, 7 H Hector, 8 A David, 13 R Roy, 14 H Arcia, 16 K Edwards, 18 D Theobald, 19 C Mitchell, 20 S Power

Its a 4-3-3
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:06:25 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
barber eh  sure on his line up eh .... one setah  changes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
1 JM Williams, 3 Joevin, 4 Kern Cupid, 7 H Hector, 8 A David, 13 R Roy, 14 H Arcia, 16 K Edwards, 18 D Theobald, 19 C Mitchell, 20 S Power
Weak weak weak arse lineup, i only hope charles knows what he's doing.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 06:05:30 PM »
game finish. SVG win
No, finished 1-1

so i hearing... last minute goal for Cuba... that better for we i suppose
How de game really end allyuh??

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
Seven years to the day after T&T qualified for their only World Cup...not exactly the same enthusiasm for this one.

chat.socawarriors.net
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:16:08 PM by theworm2345 »

1]; } ?>