March 28, 2024, 02:03:33 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (18-Nov-2012).  (Read 12746 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (18-Nov-2012).
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2012, 07:25:46 PM »
Now it's time to get our better players in for the final round, peltier, cato, roberts, cyrus, molino, primus, hyland and hopefully J.lloyd, and maybe kenwyne bc he's not getting hrs for his club, so he might as well get some playing time with us.

Yeah. Dont forget Daniel, Bateau and Edwards.

It will be crtitical to get our 8 MLS players into the mix. JA makes lots of use of their 13 MLS players.
hmnn..just a few more names, and the coach could start over from scratch with a completely new more talented batch...and go through, get releases and making calls, and waiting to see who coming, and the whole 9 yards again....me doh think so nah...One or two additions, but eh eh, doh start over coaching

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2012, 07:30:42 PM »
We have to take a stronger core of players to Antigua..  the MLS boys, and hopefully the Europe based (not UK) such as Hyland etc

I would like to see names such as Birchall, JL Samuels, Hyland, Primus, Cyrus, Molino, Peltier, Cato , K.Daniel involved with the local based team

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2012, 07:32:05 PM »
Now it's time to get our better players in for the final round, peltier, cato, roberts, cyrus, molino, primus, hyland and hopefully J.lloyd, and maybe kenwyne bc he's not getting hrs for his club, so he might as well get some playing time with us.

Yeah. Dont forget Daniel, Bateau and Edwards.

It will be crtitical to get our 8 MLS players into the mix. JA makes lots of use of their 13 MLS players.
Daniel you say??!!

that man may never wear the national colors again and rightfully so!! he bailed on the team without even prior notice and to add insult, when they tried to contact him he wasn't responding, what ah fickle lil biatch move dat was!

IMO no byoi eh better than the team, and if ah man livin like that, then we don't fackin need him, and baba show where we doh fackin need him bc we won without his services which goes to show there's always another bull waitin tuh take yuh place when yuh walk away.

that kinda unprofessional behavior don't belong in football! so fack he and he mavrick style! who needs it.

as for edwards, he cyar make it bro, the finals starts on the 3 and runs to the 16th of december, and there's no international break during that period, plus i doubt ipswich will let their capitan ride out on ah non fifa date. kenwyne might get away with that better than carlos.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:57:02 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2012, 07:38:31 PM »
In as much as I have been critical of the selection and the approach of out players in the light of the recent tournament play, let me at this time congratulate these players for battling and getting the job done.

What a predicament to be in now? do you go with the 'warriors' that got you to the show? should these players be rewarded for their loyalty and achievements? or do you bring in players now who you believe is better skilled for the next  rounds?

Which players actually wanted to make the trip but had legitimate reasons to be excused which were just  sitting on the fence waiting to see?

Do we build with players that would be the core  for the lead up to 2018? or do we need  to look at instant fixes and success  for our program?

As we  celebrate our success, I think in my humble opinion there is a bigger picture that we need to consider as be rebuild our football program.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2012, 07:45:21 PM »
Do we know the real story wid Daniel?  I know he could not be reached, but do we know why?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »
Congrats and on to de next rounds.

But in de immortal words of, "The Wolf" from Pulp Fiction, "Let's not starting sucking each others di%$s quite yet."

AH noticing nuff men talking bout-and I was coming to do de same thing-about all who should be on de team for next rounds...dat is provided Coach-and he ego-eh decide that he got de job wid ah mostly local squad, so he now thinks he's ah best coach and doh really need no men who playing outside.

Is it too late for KJ to go back being ah defender for we:)

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2012, 07:46:24 PM »
Do we know the real story wid Daniel?  I know he could not be reached, but do we know why?

Yeah ah would like to know de real story before ah bun fire on him:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
Wow!!!!

Fellahs this is big big news and all I can say is salute  :applause: :notworthy: :salute: to these warriors and to the coach who fought these battles and the diehards who were there to support in Tobago. I am sure most of us believed the team, saddled with multiple injuries, missing many lynchpin players, feeling fan base dismissal, having pockets of questionable self esteem, definitely surpassed our expectations alhough we all prayed and hoped for a result like this.

Let's not waste this opportunity to resurrect T&T football and start afresh. These players who won tonight  made a statement tonight that they are to be counted and respected without the luxury of having Molino, Keon Daniel, Peltier, Plaza, Cato, Birchall, Kenwyne, Carlos, Scotland (who retired anyway), Julius James, Bateau, Mitchell and some of the other stars of the U23 team and many others playing abroad in far away countries.

Happy for Guerra to have made such a telling contributrion with his goal. Maybe that will change his life.
The Pro league is definitely to take some credit for producing players who can hold their own with the likes of no nonsense Cuba, a country that often gives us beans.

Nothing sweet like winning to create a cool vibes on this message board.

Dreamer i feel yuh son, and i'm there with you on the congratulatory tip, but don't get it twisted, we will not make it out the group stage if we don't bring in re-enforcements.

right now we in ah group with martinque, and they have pro french boys this time around, antigua barbuda who, or you could just say antigua barracudas, the same fellas who almost beat the USA last month and gave jamaica a ways to go, plus they are @ home so we need more ammo fuh dem.

then we have between haiti , french guiana and grenada our nemeses in this competition, and we all know how we fare against them the last time out.

even baba would say that we need more grit on the team, he said it the last time and i'm sure he'll say it again. right now this is good, let ppl fight for their shirt, no mo reservations and big boy thing, no one has a spot a place cemented on the team, earn yuh pick i say, campetition for spots would only make fellas play with more purpose JMO.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
We beat cuba with a all local squad, what ah ting! almost all the team with the exception of hector is local based, and we had about six or seven debutants. good stuff, ah lil nerve racking but good stuff.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:53 PM »
It’s all over in Grenada, here is the Caribbean final, Haiti 2 Grenada 0
Group A
Antigua
Haiti
Trinidad
Martinique

Group B
Jamaica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
French Guiana

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Match Report TnT - Cuba
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
Well peoples, ah make sure ah reach the stadium early, only miss about 10 mins of the first game. I have two things about the first game:
1. The wrong SVG team showed up today. They were mostly dominated bu Suriname and should have lost by at least 3 or 4 goals.
2. Suriname is not as bad as the first 5-nil loss indicated, but they cannot score to save their life...their only goal in this tournament came from their goal keeper via a penalty.

Nuff said about that. Got a copy of the starting line up and realize, much to me despair that Hashim Arcia playing, I guess we short of players. Charles keeping faith with Roy and it seems that Joevin Jones staying as an attacking midfielder.

T&T starting line up vs Cuba: 1.Jan-Michael Williams (capt); 4.Kern Cupid, 6.Kareem Moses, 20.Seon Power, 8.Aubrey David, 18.Densill Theobald, 3.Joevin Jones; 14.Hashim Arcia, 16.Keyon Edwards, 7.Hughton Hector; 13.Richard Roy.

Game start and TnT looking solid. Charles seems to have them playing a solid defensive structure. They marking and tracking back and keeping their shape....

This was the mode throughout the game with the both teams content to sit back and defend the ball when they were not in possession. This game was a real chess match. Theobald was leading his team with composed and controlled possession playing from between the two stoppers. And when we lost it the transition to defense was quick and efficient.

Now there was no Carlyle Mitchell due to suspension so No. 6 Kareem Moses started and he did not look out of place.A few mistakes were made and there was the occasional lapse in concentration that allowed Cuba through, but between Power and Jan Micheal Williams, we kept them out. And we had the occasional chance too but we were not able to find the break through.

Jan Micheal Williams seemed to get stamped in the first half, so it was not a total surprise that he was replaced in the 2nd half by Marvin Phillip, although it might just have been to give him some meaningful time between the sticks. He too did not look out of place and made a few saves to help preserve the clean sheet.

Charles them made the change of the game, bringing on Atulla Guerra who proceeded to run on to the field and run straight into the penalty box and score.... It was fantastic, he was hungry and fought through a tackle loose the ball and get the rebound off of Edwards and rifle the ball pass the Cuban goalie. The Stadium was on their feet. 1-nil we up.

I must say that until he was replaced Arcia actually had a better game than on Firday night, but the Tobago crowd did not forget him and once again he was wildly cheered when he was replaced.... by the time the cheering had stopped the ball was in the back of the net.

After that Charles replaced Richard Roy with I believe was Curtis Gonzales, who played wing back in the first game. This time he was deployed as a defensive midfielder alongside Theobald to shore up the defense. This worked like a charm and the chess game that was this match was ours after that. Edwards was served up one on a platter by the off and on trickers of Huton Hector, but by this time he was so tired, now as the lone striker that he could not muster the energy to push anything but his chest to the passing ball with the goal at his mercy. That would have been 2-nil game over, but TnT hung on to the 1-nil scoreline and the rest they say is history.

We have won the group with 7 pts with Cuba also going through with 4 pts.

Tonight this TnT team showed me something that I have not seen since Don Leo days....popper defensive structure. I can hardly wait till Charles has more players to chose from, and the time to get the team playing like this. This sort if display is what is going to be needed to beat the likes of Jamaica. The team can only go up from here....once Charles has the resources to do so.

Now let me tell you about Seon Power...... the boy remind me of Aurtis Whitley. He have the fight, the ability all the attributes to go very far with this team. He as stopper has the licence to spread the ball to all parts of the field. The ball will be knocked around the back and he is the one to make the forward pass(long). Once it going short it is through Theobald. Power in some coaches' opinion could even be deployed in midfield if we have good enough cover at the back. On a few occasions he has picked up the ball in defense and made it all the way to the opposing penalty box. His vision, skill with the ball, work rate and never say die attitude make him my player of the tournament.

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2012, 07:59:36 PM »
We dont know d whole story behind Daniel... but I would say dis

1.  I am sure Daniel read and saw that Hutson made numerous attempts to reach him
2.  Daniel was very much aware of the qualifiers taking place this week... all d overseas players who wasnt even call still following and know what going on
3.  Even if yuh phone was dead, or yuh had no reception, or yuh was in ah meeting and miss d call... why not have d decency to call back Hutson and say someting
4.  I dont know d real story, but unless he was in mourning, I cannot and will not buy any excuse from Daniel... dat type of behaviour and attitude is unacceptable...  I agree with JC, I like Daniel, but he deserves a suspension if Hutson decides to go that way..  Keon needs to understand that it was national duty that paved his way to Philly

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:01 PM »
just cool, I agree with you on Daniel.

He should never be called again, he is another basket case.

F00ck him.

A simple phone call would have been fine.

He always have some blasted seceret problem.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2012, 08:11:53 PM »
It’s all over in Grenada, here is the Caribbean final, Haiti 2 Grenada 0
Group A
Antigua
Haiti
Trinidad
Martinique

Group B
Jamaica
Cuba
Dominican Republic
French Guiana

somebody tell me how french guiana  get in there please? who the hell did they beat?

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Match Report TnT - Cuba
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2012, 08:19:33 PM »
thanks Rastaman,much appreciated.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 08:36:45 PM »
Thanks Rastaman. Very heartening comments.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »
hey de guardian saying we loose de game 1-0 and it was a Guerra from Cuba who score for dem  ???

T&T’s Soca Warriors advanced to next month’s Caribbean Cup finals without kicking a ball, after the first match of the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, double-header, yesterday resulted in a 1-0 victory for Suriname over St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Despite the win, which came as a result of a converted penalty from Suriname’s captain and custodian Ronny Aloema in the latter stages of the first half, neither team was able to advance, leaving the other two teams in its group T&T and Cuba to scrap for top spot in the night’s second match, despite both teams progressing. T&T lost 1-0 to Cuba, who topped the group with T&T finishing second.

Cuba’s goal came in the 28th minute through Artulo Guerra.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 09:01:03 PM »
Nah, doh study dat...Rasatman went to de game and giwwe ah nice Match Report confirming de victory for we.
well yes

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2012, 09:02:42 PM »
hey de guardian saying we loose de game 1-0 and it was a Guerra from Cuba who score for dem  ???

T&T’s Soca Warriors advanced to next month’s Caribbean Cup finals without kicking a ball, after the first match of the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, double-header, yesterday resulted in a 1-0 victory for Suriname over St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Despite the win, which came as a result of a converted penalty from Suriname’s captain and custodian Ronny Aloema in the latter stages of the first half, neither team was able to advance, leaving the other two teams in its group T&T and Cuba to scrap for top spot in the night’s second match, despite both teams progressing. T&T lost 1-0 to Cuba, who topped the group with T&T finishing second.

this is shameful shameful reporting and the game was right dere in Tobago. Arturo Guerra yes lmao
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2012, 09:04:56 PM »
But wait nah; ent Rastaman  put up ah report and he was there at the game:

Charles them made the change of the game, bringing on Atulla Guerra who proceeded to run on to the field and run straight into the penalty box and score.... It was fantastic, he was hungry and fought through a tackle loose the ball and get the rebound off of Edwards and rifle the ball pass the Cuban goalie. The Stadium was on their feet. 1-nil we up.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
Yes dready, nice read.

question, what do you think of power's recovery speed, somehow when ah defender like going forwrd he need not be caught out especially on a counterattack, does he have the speed to do so? and one more thing, please rate kern cupid and houton hector's performance in this tourney?       thank you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
Allyuh studying these mdacnt backward arse journalist we have home who can't even write ah proper article with the correct and appropriate information. trinidad need tuh step the fack up and stop skylarking, it's about fackin time T&T!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thread for the T&T vs Cuba Game (18-Nov-2012).
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2012, 09:55:58 PM »

He get the time, player name, and team wrong. Who write that shit. Talk about poor reporting.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2012, 10:24:54 PM »

He get the time, player name, and team wrong. Who write that shit. Talk about poor reporting.

Clayton Clarke was the author

http://guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-11-18/warriors-caribbean-cup-finals

http://guardian.co.tt/category/byline-authors/clayton-clarke

doesn't seem to write about football much, mainly other sports - running, tennis, cycling.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:26:47 PM by E-man »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2012, 10:51:49 PM »
We win and we moving on Tim Kee wukking ahready. This is rel celbration ting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2012, 06:02:31 AM »
We need to win the whole thing.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2012, 06:42:22 AM »
rasta...cheers
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2012, 06:42:49 AM »
" TULLA...TULLA...There's only one TULLA..There's only one TULLA

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:49 AM »
somebody tell me how french guiana  get in there please? who the hell did they beat?

war

They beat Haiti and Grenada to get there..

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2012, 06:49:36 AM »
" TULLA...TULLA...There's only one TULLA..There's only one TULLA

1]; } ?>