March 29, 2024, 03:19:00 AM

Author Topic: Celtic vs Racing Club - "This was war"  (Read 1218 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Celtic vs Racing Club - "This was war"
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:11:13 PM »
Interesting film about the World Club Championship and the third game that should never have been played.

The whole Celtic team were fined two months wages after the third game. Despite the comments in the film, I'm not so sure that Celtic weren't as much to blame as the Argentinians.

http://www.celticfc.tv/freeview?vid=1145

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Celtic vs Racing Club - "This was war"
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »
From BBC
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38740393

I know you guys don't follow Scottish football. But I do follow Celtic off and on. But they are leading the nearest rival Rangers, by 25 points. Is the league that "poor" by Euro standards. There was a time when Scotland would send droves of players into England, but the league was still very competitive. Well, between Celtic and Rangers at least.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 05:39:07 PM »
Poor league that is dominated by Celtic and Rangers only and has so for year. To be fair though Rangers have just returned to the Premiership after almost a decade in the lower leagues because they had been docked points and fined massively by the Scottish Premiership Board due to dodgy dealings by their former owners, chairmen and directors. This is their first year back in the top flight and they don't have that financial power that they used to. They'll definitely build it back though and it's only a matter of time before they start challenging Celtic again but no other team in Scotland can come close to them two to be honest. Some say it's somewhat like La Liga.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 05:58:22 PM »
i follow it a lot..as my band tour Scotland lots also..been to a few games also...

anyhow...reading a book on Argentina football..called " angels with dirty faces"...and that game with racing/Celtic featured in it...historical clash....would love to see the movie
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 05:59:37 PM »
also..the last team to win the Scotland PL...who was not Rangers/Celtic ??..Aberdeen...coached by ??..Alex Ferguson..in like 84 or 85
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 07:16:07 PM »
also..the last team to win the Scotland PL...who was not Rangers/Celtic ??..Aberdeen...coached by ??..Alex Ferguson..in like 84 or 85

Yeah, he took great pleasure in knocking the old firm off their perches(if that is the right word)

1]; } ?>