April 28, 2024, 06:41:18 PM

Author Topic: Warriors open Caribbean Cup qualifiers with draw.  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warriors open Caribbean Cup qualifiers with draw.
« on: November 14, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »
Warriors open Caribbean Cup qualifiers with draw.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Trinidad and Tobago open it's 2012 Caribbean Cup qualifying tournament tonight with a 1-1 draw against St. Vincent & the Grenadines at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago.

The Warriors, who won their first round group with a perfect 3-0-0 record, resume their quest on Wednesday against St. Vincent and the Grenadines as they go in search for Caribbean glory.

T&T had a perfect start to the game with Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling opening T&T's account in the 4th minute before 19 year-old striker Myron Samuel equalised in the 36th minute to send his team into the break 1-1.

On the resumption, T&T occasionally raided the Vincentian attack but their goalkeeper Desmond Lynch was equally up to the task and held firm between the uprights to deny the host a victory as both teams settled with a point each.

It was also reported that Defence Force winger Kevon Carter was also having a terrible time on the field and did not show. His Army teammate Devorn Jorsling also muffed a few sitters' for the Warriors.

Meanwhile, T&T saw 2 debutants in W Connection striker Hashim Arcia and Caledonia's midfielder Keyon Edwards as they were both introduced in the second half but made little impact. Inform striker Jamal Gay is nursing a knee injury while Asian based Kendall Jagdeosingh pulled up with an armstring injury and will more than likely miss the remainder of the tournament.

The top two finishers from the four-team round-robin competition will advance to next month's finals in Antigua and Barbuda. And despite owning the record for the most Caribbean titles, Trinidad and Tobago has not lifted the trophy since 2001.

The Caribbean Cup also acts as a qualifying tournament for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, a tournament which T&T has failed to qualify for in their last two tries, their last appearance was in 2007. Now T&T's road to the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup has just gotten narrower.

FULL TIME

T&T 1 (Devorn Jorsling 4) vs St Vincent 1 (Myron Samuel 36)

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 1.Jan-Michael Williams (capt); 12.Curtis Gonzales, 19.Carlyle Mitchell (Yellow), 20.Seon Power (Yellow), socawarriors.net, 3.Joevin Jones; 11.Kevon Carter, 2.Clyde Leon (17.Kendall Jagdeosingh 53rd), 10.Ataullah Guerra (16.Keyon Edwards 54th), 18.Densill Theobald (Yellow), 7.Hughtun Hector; 9.Devorn Jorsling (14.Hashim Arcia 66th).

Unused Subs: - 21.Marvin Phillip (GK); 6.Kareem Moses, 8.Aubrey David; 13.Richard Roy.

Coach: - Hutson Charles (T&T).

St Vincent and the Grenadines: - 1.Kenyan Lynch; 22.Keith James, 2.Wesley Charles (capt) (18.Reginald Richardson 44th), 6.Shemol Trimmingham, 3.Roy Richards; 11.Wendell Cuffy (13.Romano Snagg 67th), 8.Darren Hamlet, 21.Theo Gordon, 17.Emerald George, 7.Cornelius Stewart; 9.Myron Samuel (5.Nical Stephens 78th).

Unused Subs: - 20.Dwaine Sandy, 10.Nazir McBernette, 15.Azinho Solomon, 16.Jolanshoy McDowald.

Coach: - Cornelius Huggins (SVG).

Referee: - Courtney Campbell (Jamaica).

Standings

P  W  D  L  F  A  P
Cuba  1  1  0  0  5  0  3
T&T  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
St Vincent  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
Suriname  1  0  0  1  0  5  0

Other Scores

Cuba 5 (Marcel Hernandez 6, 36, 62, 89 Ariel Martinez 46) vs Suriname 0

Haiti 1 (Olrish Saurel 58) vs Guyana 0

Grenada 1 (Craig Rocastle 33) vs French Guiana 1

Standings (Other Group)

P  W  D  L  F  A  P
Haiti  1  1  0  0  1  0  3
French Guiana  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
Grenada  1  0  1  0  1  1  1
Guyana  1  0  0  1  0  1  0

Full report to follow.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:28:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors open Caribbean Cup qualifiers with draw.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 10:09:07 PM »
Unused Subs: - 21.Marvin Phillip (GK); 6.Kareem Moses, 8.Aubrey David; 13.Richard Roy.
I don't believe this...so Aubrey David got capped for T&T, switched to Guyana, got two caps for them (in friendlies), and has now switched back?

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 12:45:00 AM »
Soca Warriors bullied in Vincentian tie at Bacolet
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868.com).

Tobago is used to being fought over. The tiny island changed hands 33 times since the Courlanders first settled there in 1654 while, at present, the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) is at the centre of a fierce political battle between the ruling People’s Partnership and the opposition People’s National Movement (PNM).

But, last night, Tobagonians might have wondered if they had lost their allure as the Trinidad and Tobago national senior football team gave a largely timid performance against St Vincent and the Grenadines in its opening group match of the 2012 Caribbean Cup semifinal round.

The final result read 1-1 and, although Trinidad and Tobago created better and more numerous scoring opportunities, the “Soca Warriors” had to accept that they did not do enough to secure the three points.
“I’m very disappointed with the performance tonight,” said national coach Hutson “Barber” Charles, after the match. “I think my guys could have given a little more effort.”

Trinidad and Tobago enters its next fixture against Suriname on Friday already in a must-win situation. Cuba tops the group after a 5-0 rout of Suriname and, if four-goal scorer Marcel Hernandez maintains his form, the Spaniards would be a handful on Sunday.

Two teams advance from Tobago to next month’s Caribbean Cup finals in Antigua and Barbuda and the Cuban team has already signalled its intentions.

The Warriors had started as though they were in a hurry to join them.

The Vincentians were lucky to still have 11 players on the field when, barely a minute into the contest, goalkeeper Kenyan Lynch took out Trinidad and Tobago striker Devorn Jorsling just outside the penalty box. Jamaican referee Courtney Campbell flashed yellow rather red.

The reprieve did not last long. Two minutes later, Jorsling, who started in place of the injured Jamal Gay, opened the scoring with a close range finish through Lynch’s legs after his Defence Force teammate Kevon Carter knocked the ball into his path. It was Jorsling’s 17th international goal from 31 outings.

Read More

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:29:45 AM by Flex »

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:52:37 AM »
Want to give a match report but I have to go to Trini now. TnT should have beaten this side....everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Big disappointment that they dropped two points. Will make comments on Friday.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »
Pussy Warriors.

No heart equals no game.

Suriname go bull we..

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 08:37:02 AM »
Pussy Warriors.

No heart equals no game.

Suriname go bull we..

and imagine no Birchall on this side  :-\

dem fellas mad or racial. plain talk.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 09:23:44 AM »
I was thinking the same thing thats why we will get licks
Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 10:45:18 AM »
Pick the best available players!!!! If by chance we make it to the final round with this all local mentality we DEAD!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 12:19:03 PM »
Pussy Warriors.

No heart equals no game.

Suriname go bull we..

How can you say not picking Birchall is racial. The man played 39 times for TT. What about Cordel Cato. I don't see him on the team. Is Carlyle Mitchell on the team. I kind ah glad Me Mums eh playing, because if they lose allyuh go start cussin' and blaming him for the loss. We don't know why the MLS players not playing. Why Keon Daniels not playing, and he is ah homeboy. This TTFF admin. now trying to establish themselves ante JW era. They go screw up. I will give them the benefit of because we not playing in the Hex. So anything from before 2 yrs before Russia is experiment. My whole thing is if Tim Kee can get members of the business community who passionate about the game, and work to form a working relationship for the betterment of football. Is he the man? I really don't know.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
Pussy Warriors.

No heart equals no game.

Suriname go bull we..

How can you say not picking Birchall is racial. The man played 39 times for TT. What about Cordel Cato. I don't see him on the team. Is Carlyle Mitchell on the team. I kind ah glad Me Mums eh playing, because if they lose allyuh go start cussin' and blaming him for the loss. We don't know why the MLS players not playing. Why Keon Daniels not playing, and he is ah homeboy. This TTFF admin. now trying to establish themselves ante JW era. They go screw up. I will give them the benefit of because we not playing in the Hex. So anything from before 2 yrs before Russia is experiment. My whole thing is if Tim Kee can get members of the business community who passionate about the game, and work to form a working relationship for the betterment of football. Is he the man? I really don't know.
Deeks, caryle mitchell is in the team, as for cordel cato, he's in the play off round with the sounders so he can't make it. i believe darryl shoulda make the effort to make this tourney, so should kenwyne, bc they have the most to lose bc they need the exposure more than anyone else that a gold cup could bring.

as for the birchall scenario, all yuh remember last degicel cup birchall blank latas stating that he had other things going on even when the league was over? i think he also passed up another opportunity not to long ago bc he just found a new team or he was in search of a new team, so who's to say that he wasn't contacted and he simply declined.

another thing allyuh have to remember is that these fellas might have just about had it with T&T football, from the camps era to all the mayhem from anil and watson, who's to say that them fellas eh hang up their boots from international football on the low.

too bad man like sancho and stern hang up their guns, we really need their experience and know how in a situation like yesterday.

as for devon jorslin, that man is not ah go to guy, watched him on many occasions anbd IMO should not be included in our national team, he's nothing short of a soft pocher, can't run @ defenders, don't have a devastating shot, plays a slow brand, can't out run defenders, and is ah lousy shooter, so why is he on the national fackin team, get rid charles!!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 12:47:49 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MWfREN1MLL4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MWfREN1MLL4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/f9Z8T-cuKpE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/f9Z8T-cuKpE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 02:07:50 PM »
Yup well its official we have  a scoring problem ... them guys cannot finish
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »
Same thing - no urgency , poor concentration and no killer instinct. Looked like we could have killed the game off before they equalised. Nothing in those clips suggest any technical superiority in the opponent. I do see the normal lazyman look in my team though. What does it take to get us to try harder and at least look like we want to win ?

We digging this hole 6 years now. I totally frustrated now.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »
Same thing - no urgency , poor concentration and no killer instinct. Looked like we could have killed the game off before they equalised. Nothing in those clips suggest any technical superiority in the opponent. I do see the normal lazyman look in my team though. What does it take to get us to try harder and at least look like we want to win ?

Seriously bro, devon fackin josrlin, every body and their dog know that this boy is ah fackin sh!tsnake! he should be workin in waste management fuss he could throw away, he has a finishing problem check out last degicel cup.

guerra on the other hand from what i could see has a first touch problem, this is why we need academies on these islands, in an academy setting they teach players all these basics from an early age, tuh control ah ball with pin point accuracy, tuh dribble and keep a ball on yuh feet even when running @ top speed, to finish and shot on target, all this basic stuff these boys miss out on, no doubt these boy have talent, but it raw as young mango.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:00:24 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
PANAMA PAID SPAIN 4 MILLION TO PLAY A FRIENDLY . THE MAIN REASON FOR THE GAME WAS TO SEE HOW THE DEFENCE WOULD STAND UP TO WORLD CLASS OPPOSITION. Panama has a scoring problem but they are working on the basic defensive problem. Now that is preparation.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »

Seriously bro, devon fackin josrlin, every body and their dog know that this boy is ah fackin sh!tsnake! he should be workin in waste management fuss he could throw away, he has a finishing problem check out last degicel cup.

guerra on the other hand from what i could see has a first touch problem, this is why we need academies on these islands, in an academy setting they teach players all these basics from an early age, tuh control ah ball with pin point accuracy, tuh dribble and keep a ball on yuh feet even when running @ top speed, to finish and shot on target, all this basic stuff these boys miss out on, no doubt these boy have talent, but it raw as young mango.

JC yuh had me laughing wid this, but it sad really...while Michael Bradley and Zlatan scoring beauties, we talking bout forwards who slow and cyah take on defenders, AND midfielders with poor first touches, AND Warriors who play against Zlatan in 2006 who cyah get ah call up (Theobald doh count!!)

Once Tim Kee get he act in order and we get ah FOREIGN COACH (!!!!) then and only then we will start making progress...and anybody who disagree wid dat, simply clueless!!!!! (Ah know strong words right??)

Seriously, until that happen, is all kinda shitsnake go be repping we, allyuh remember what happen to we then captain when Beenhaker get hired???? That's right, we captain!! Beenhaker realize he eh ready and get rid of his behind...is de same ting will happen when we get a true coach...we talking bout men wid poor first touch, un-facking-believable!!!!!

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 09:03:31 PM »
foreign coach is the solution to our problems...u watch the SSFL recently?  the big stars are real shitty.  these same players play on the national youth team then senior team.  so doh vex when guerra first touch is bad, it was bad long time but in de SSFL plenty men does get big up when dey cant even control a ball or shoot properly.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 09:19:20 PM »
Question: Is there anything going right for de Team?

Ah like charles; but ah go know how much soon enough!

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
these days i rather watch another sport, tt football is real therapy, depression for big men when brazil rolls around, despite that im still going but yuh feeling like a band waggonist because your team not there, so you adopt a team, naturally holland for me, but still, you reading about tt football and realizing all the creativity and flair and goal scoring gone because you have some third rate coaches that selecting the same hounds and making fans think it have nothing else,  when that is far from the truth...

1]; } ?>