April 19, 2024, 09:23:49 PM

Author Topic: Israel is wrong  (Read 7078 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Israel is wrong
« on: November 17, 2012, 06:58:22 PM »
someone please say something. next time your neighbor talk some shit please put them right. someone please speak up. some like-minded forum member please let me know of some non-violent thing that I can do.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Israel is wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
What?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:49:49 AM »
The death toll currently stands at three Israelis and 52 Palestinians, about half of whom are estimated to be civilians - BBC

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
someone please say something. next time your neighbor talk some shit please put them right. someone please speak up. some like-minded forum member please let me know of some non-violent thing that I can do.

Shed more light.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
I agree with asylumseeker kounty. You need to elaborate on your statement, so that more people can respond.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 06:15:26 PM »
I agree with asylumseeker kounty. You need to elaborate on your statement, so that more people can respond.

This most recent conflict beginning with assassination of Ahmed al-Jabari. Indiscriminately killing "its own people" (since they refuse to grant statehood).  Anything you want to say on any aspect of this. Your understanding of what is happening. Your responsibility to speak out against wrong (if you perceive anything wrong with any of this). and most importantly what can we do to break the silence... Or maybe I am missing something, and Israel is actually right and we "fully support the right of Israel to defend itself".  or maybe nobody here cares. I just really want to know.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
And what do you expect us to do about it? UN doh give a full f**k, and Syria still killing they own people. Plus Israel doh care what nobody think. I agree they really gone crazy now though.
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »

This most recent conflict beginning with assassination of Ahmed al-Jabari. Indiscriminately killing "its own people" (since they refuse to grant statehood).  Anything you want to say on any aspect of this. Your understanding of what is happening. Your responsibility to speak out against wrong (if you perceive anything wrong with any of this). and most importantly what can we do to break the silence... Or maybe I am missing something, and Israel is actually right and we "fully support the right of Israel to defend itself".  or maybe nobody here cares. I just really want to know.

Thank you for elaborating on your original post. As with everything in this conflict, there is no black and white, only shades of gray. Also, it is very difficult to ascertain which side is responsible for triggering this recent chapter of this protracted conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

One thing I would say is that the civilian deaths that have resulted from the rocket attacks into Israel and Israel's operations in Gaza is the most tragic aspect of this conflict. I personally know a colleague of mine who is in Israel right now and I am very concerned about her safety. The problem is that Israel has a far greater military capability than Hamas and as such, it is a foregone conclusion that Gaza will be reduced to rubble when the dust settles. The Hamas rocket attacks will cause a lot of fear and anxiety among Israeli citizens, but from all reports, the Israeli Iron Dome defence system has been very successful at repelling these Hamas strikes.

From the Palestinian perspective, there needs to be unity between Fatah and Hamas, if the dream of a Palestinian state is to become a reality and not just an unrealistic aspiration. President Abbas' plans to carry on with the Palestinian bid for non-member statehood on November 29, which is about eight days away. The recent escalation of hostilities between Hamas militants and the IDF does not put President Abbas in a very good position, as there is clearly a divergence in the ideologies and tactics of Fatah and Hamas. For example, President Abbas is prepared to accept a Palestinian State based on the 1967 borders and to forfeit the right of return for many Palestinian refugees. Hamas, on the hand, has condemned Abbas' pronouncement and is pushing for pre-1967 borders. These two conflicting aspirations and ideologies have resulted in a divided Palestinian  political establishment, which has served to hinder the prospects for a peace and a just resolution to this conflict.

As for Israel's right to defend itself, I fully agree with the Israeli government. Israel does have a right and a mandate to protect itself against aggression from hostile actors. If it is provoked, then it has to respond. Having said that, up to the time of the writing of this post, I am still unsure as to who started what.

In closing, one major step towards resolving this conflict is a referendum and honest examination of the events of 1948. The distinct historical narratives of the events of May 15, 1948 (the date when Israel declared its independence) proves that Palestinians and Israelis perceive these events differently. However, the problem is that Israel refuses to consider the role that the events of 1948 play in the ongoing conflict or on the legitimacy of any Palestinian claims to Israeli territory pre-1967. If this does not happen, then it will be next to impossible to arrive at a resolution to the decades-long battle of political and military wills between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
Boy, all this is a reaction to the elections in order to force obama's hand, netenyahooo or what ever de fack he name iz an ultra conservative zionist devil who's mad like ah mudda bc his boy romney lost the elections, so he's trying to show obama that he don't give ah fork.

ah know he go bounce his head and attack iran with the hope that the US will back him, and then obama would have no choice but tuh tell him "fack off you're on yuh own".

these zionist really don't want a stable middleast, as it serves their purpose,  don't feel asad is just killing his ppl for nothing, it have some strong political motives and implications as far as israel is concerned in that respect.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:51:01 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »
As somebody say it eh really have no good and bad between them two, is raw grey areas. As with every previous clash those two have had over the years, the aftermath  always reveals sub plots and tertiary info that gives the original story a different perspective.

Of course, the military force with superior firepower will always be considered as overly aggressive, but IMO I doh have enough info to pass sweeping judgement

Only ‘player’ that have a direct advantage in this conflict thus far, is Iran and when you speak to people from that part of the world, the general consensus seems to be that Pan-Arab unity has become a tagline and everybody really just studying deyself.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 08:51:18 AM »
Between November 1-12, leading up to the targeted killing of Hamas military chief Ahmend Jabari,  approximately 145 rockets were launched from Gaza into Israel. In the same period, at least 8 Palestinians were killed and dozens injured.

As long as rockets are launched from Gaza and as long as the Israeli's retaliate, this conflict will continue. What came first? the rocket launches into Israel or the killing of the Palestinians?

I eh know about allyuh, but if my neighbours launching rockets into my back yard, I really don't know how long I will refrain from striking back.

On the other hand, if I feel that my northern neighbours have forced me into an "open air prison" and my southern neighbours restrict entry into their backyard, then it might be only a matter of time before I start smuggling rockets into my yard so I can toss them into my neighbours yard. Superficially, this reaction will appear to be based on emotion rather than logic because as Asylum say, Israel have superior fire power and is only a matter of time before they unleash all of it if the rocket launches into Israel continue. If the rockets into Israel are not based on emotion, then what is Hamas's motivation when they should know that Israel will retaliate.

Different agendas are being played out and we on the outside just don't know. In the meantime, civilians will die.

Stating that one or the other side is "wrong" is a simplistic view of the situation.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
From BBC News
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20391558

"More than 100 people have died in the Gaza Strip in six days of violence, Hamas officials say, as Israeli forces continue a bombardment they say aims to stop rocket attacks into Israel."

"Since the conflict began, 877 rockets have been fired towards Israel, the IDF says, with 570 landing in Israel and 307 intercepted by the Iron Dome missile defence system."

"The Israeli cabinet is meeting to discuss an Egyptian ceasefire proposal. The content of the Egyptian plan is not known, but both Israel and Hamas have presented conditions. Israel's include no hostile fire of any kind from Gaza and international efforts to prevent Hamas from rearming, while Hamas is demanding an end to the blockade on Gaza and "Israel's assassinations".

Hmm, seems to me that the blockade eh working to good. With the blockade, Hamas has managed to acquire enough rockets to launch 887 of them into Israel. I wonder what would happen without the blockade?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »
If I may be permitted a brief personal anecdote here, I was speaking with an Egyptian coworker of mine about the recent resumption of hostilities between Hamas and the IDF. I was taken back as I listened to my soft-spoken, usually reticent colleague identify force as the only way to resolve the perennial conflict between the Israelis and the Palestinians. She argued, in the same soft voice, that negotiations are futile and that the rocket campaign into southern Israel is justified. Under other circumstances, I would have challenged her statement and cite the certain devastation that was to follow. However, something told me (perhaps the wisdom that comes with experience), to just allow her to vent her frustrations. There were too many raw emotions there and the pain and anger in her voice were palpable, even though she maintained an even timbre to her voice.

I am hoping that with time, she can regain confidence in the negotiation process again.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 08:54:46 PM »
Both of them wrong. To say it have any innocent party in this is a joke. Both sides over the years responsible for all sorts of Crimes.
Youtube Channel

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
Thanks for all of your insights. I respectfully disagree on some points made by some (as someone that has spent a little time in Israel and the west bank). Particularly with the red herring of using defense as some justification - this link  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel> says of the order of 28 israelis EVER killed by rocketfire. So Disproportionate use of force / collective punishment of random civilian including many children, must be brought up in any discussion. But I maybe can sort of see some vague sense of reasoning there.
On the pointing to disagreement between Hamas and Fatah as the main obstacle to lack of state for the Palestinians...I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. Would there be a state if they agreed?
On the analogy with neighbor launching stones into your backyard, I think neighbors imply some sort of equal rights to the land that they are on. What comes to my mind is the lynchings of Jim Crow, or apartheid... but maybe I am biased.
So I guess maybe the take home message is that most people think that everything is justified except for the odd few terrorists. Maybe I am misinterpreting the support for statehood outside of the security council.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »
Thanks for all of your insights. I respectfully disagree on some points made by some (as someone that has spent a little time in Israel and the west bank). Particularly with the red herring of using defense as some justification - this link  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel> says of the order of 28 israelis EVER killed by rocketfire. So Disproportionate use of force / collective punishment of random civilian including many children, must be brought up in any discussion. But I maybe can sort of see some vague sense of reasoning there.
On the pointing to disagreement between Hamas and Fatah as the main obstacle to lack of state for the Palestinians...I don't think that is a fair assessment at all. Would there be a state if they agreed?
On the analogy with neighbor launching stones into your backyard, I think neighbors imply some sort of equal rights to the land that they are on. What comes to my mind is the lynchings of Jim Crow, or apartheid... but maybe I am biased.
So I guess maybe the take home message is that most people think that everything is justified except for the odd few terrorists. Maybe I am misinterpreting the support for statehood outside of the security council.

Don't get me wrong eh, I tend to see the Palestinians as the most vulnerable party in this, because they were the victims of the feckless British administration and equally feckless UN back in 1948, the repercussions of which are still being felt today. The Balfour Declaration set in motion a perpetual conflict spiral since the Palestinians believed that the British would make good on their promises to establish an independent Arab State under Hashemite rule,  including Palestinian provinces in exchange for Arab support in a revolt against the weakening Ottoman Empire during World War 1. Of course, the British found themselves in a quandary since Lord Balfour had already issued a declaration establishing a national home for Jews in Palestine.

http://www.merip.org/palestine-israel_primer/brit-mandate-pal-isr-prime.html

This mess has never been adequately dealt with and the sixty-three years of acrimony that the British duplicity and cowardice has left in its wake is one of the most distressing aspects of this conflict. As I said, the UN and other European powers are also equally as guilty. However, as I have stated, an honest discussion and examination of 1948 is conspicuously absent from the present discourse on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict which is currently in the throes of yet another spasm of violent exchanges and reprisals between the two protagonists, Israel and Palestine.

The disunity between Fatah and Hamas is indeed a valid assessment and is one of the reasons why the Palestinian efforts to establish a state is currently being undermined by the recent spate of violence in the Gaza and Southern Israel. President Abbas' position is untenable since he cannot guarantee the security of his borders and there is a faction in the Gaza Strip that does not agree with the Political objectives of President Abbas. That is a significant problem since the Palestinian political establishment sending mixed signals. On the one hand, you have President Abbas, who as a moderate has tacitly taken the right of return off of the table, and then you have Hamas who is vehemently opposed to this action. To put this ideological chasm in context, President Abbas' plans to press on with his Palestinian statehood campaign on November 29 has taken a body blow, although he may not seem to think so. However, to any rational observer it has.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:47:31 PM by kaliman2006 »

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »

1) ... but maybe I am biased.

2) So I guess maybe the take home message is that most people think that everything is justified except for the odd few terrorists.

3) Maybe I am misinterpreting the support for statehood outside of the security council.

1) I infer from your Thread title and posts that you have strong feelings on this.  Yes, so you may be biased.

2) Take home message: many posts in this thread try to explain why the various parties behave the way they do. This does not mean that such behaviour is 'justified" or right.

3) Are you suggesting that there is or is not support for statehood outside the security council. Again, from what I have read, reaction is divided.

There are many folks who would agree/disagree with your conclusions. In Canada, the debate on the government's position on the whole situation is controversial. The news media is awash in opinions for and against.  If the answers were so clear cut, the Israelis and the Palestinians would have resolved their issues decades ago.

So back to your original post about putting "... them right". Stand by your code and speak your mind but don't be surprised or disappointed if everyone does not fall into line.   :beermug:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
'Israelis talk about fear, we Palestinians talk about death'

Mohammed al-Khoudry was staring at the rubble of a house where two young children and their father died on Tuesday.

"I've really tried to understand the Israelis. I used to work on a farm in Israel. I speak Hebrew. I watch their news. All the time they talk about fear. How they have to run to their bunkers to hide from the rockets. How their children can't sleep because of the sirens. This is not a good way for them to live," said Khoudry, who now scrapes a living growing his own produce.

"We Palestinians don't talk about fear, we talk about death. Our rockets scare them; their rockets kill us. We have no bomb shelters, we have no sirens, we have nowhere we can take our children and keep them safe. They are scared. We are dying."

The dying continued on Tuesday even as a ceasefire was being negotiated. The victims included Suhaib and Mohammed Hejazi, aged three and four, and their father Fuad, killed when an Israeli missile hit their house in Beit Lahiya as they were sleeping. The boys' mother, Amna, was badly wounded.

As the day wore on, and word came from Cairo that a halt to the violence may be just hours away, the bombardment intensified with Israeli missile strikes on cars in Gaza City and buildings to the north. Scores of casualties were packed into ambulances.

The Palestinian death toll rose above 120, a large number of them civilians, including at least 27 children. In Israel, three people, all civilians, have been killed by the hundreds of rockets fired from the Gaza enclave.

Khoudry joined the funeral procession for the Hejazi brothers through the streets of Beit Lahiya. The boys were swaddled in white cloth and Hamas flags. They might have been mistaken for sleeping if it weren't for the bruising and cuts to their faces.

A few hours after the funeral, the shelling gave way to a different bombardment: thousands of leaflets floating down on Beit Lahiya warning of worse to come. They told tens of thousands of people to get out of parts of northern and eastern Gaza nearest to the Israeli border. Some families did not hesitate, although they were not sure what the leaflets meant. Was it to warn of even more bombing? Or were the tanks on their way? What did it mean for a ceasefire?

Israel has sent its armour tanks into northern Gaza often enough that Palestinians around Beit Lahiya – where the open ground has been a favourite launching site for rockets into Israel – know what to expect.

Within hours, hundreds of people were following the explicit Israeli instructions to take specific roads to Gaza City and shelter there. Others headed to United Nations-run schools in the hope they would be protected from attack. But some stayed put, saying they had nowhere to go or that they would take their chances.

The deaths of the Hejazi brothers was regarded by many in Beit Lahiya not only as a tragedy but a crime.

If Israelis live in fear of the randomness of Hamas rockets, Gazans have a perhaps over-confident sense of Israel being in absolute control of where its missiles land.

On Sunday, Fateh Nasser, a resident of a block of flats in neighbouring Jabaliya that was home to five families, received a phone call in which an anonymous voice told him that everyone had five minutes to get out of the building. Minutes later it was destroyed by an Israeli missile. That sense of Israeli all-pervasiveness draws many Palestinians towards what they say is an inevitable conclusion.

"If they know who to call, then they know who they are killing," said Mohammed Yunis at his vegetable stall. "They know every inch of Gaza. They have maps from the occupation. They have cameras in the drones. How can it be an accident that our children are killed?"

Other leaflets dropped by the Israelis on Tuesday warned Palestinians to stay away from Hamas.

That's not easy even if the Hamas leadership and functionaries, such as policemen, have gone underground over the past week, or are at least sticking to the shadows. Hamas has abandoned police stations, government offices and the border post from northern Gaza into Israel. Instead, passport control is at a small desk far from the frontier.

But if the Israeli intent is to try and break Hamas's authority in the enclave, there's little sign that is working. No one else, least of all its rival, Fatah, which controls those parts of the West Bank run by the Palestinian Authority, is stepping into the breach.

And if anyone was in any doubt that Hamas continues to exert a form of authority, even from the shadows, the bodies of six men alleged to be collaborators with Israel were dumped on a Gaza City street on Tuesday afternoon. Some of their bodies were dragged through the streets, tied to the backs of motorcycles driven by armed men.

Few Palestinians are prepared to publicly question whether the one-sided battle of the past week has been worth it, mostly out of solidarity with the right of resistance against Israel. The hoped-for truce is presented as a victory on the streets.

"The Jews brought all their tanks to the edge of Gaza and then they thought about what would happen if they came here," said Ayman Salameh, after attending the Hejazi boys' funeral. "Many Palestinians would die, yes. But so would many Israelis. For what? Do they think the resistance will go away? They will have to kill every Palestinian. They know this. It is the lesson the Americans learned in Iraq and Afghanistan. When resistance is everywhere, the size of your guns doesn't matter."

But ask about why the fighting happened in the first place and a less belligerent answer is sometimes offered.

Khoudry said the bloodletting was provoked by the Israeli prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, because he has an election coming up.

"Killing Palestinians makes him look strong. It is good politics in Israel," he said, adding cryptically: "He is lucky he has Hamas."

What does he mean?Khoudry hesitates. "Hamas will always fight," he said.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/nov/20/israelis-talk-fear-palestinians-death
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 08:19:02 PM »
This War is not going to end well. Israel moving rel nasty still bombing the shit out of everything and the Palestinians not going to stop the rocket attacks. What is the real purpose of this?
Youtube Channel

truetrini

To hell with Israel and Gaza
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »
The real shot to impact us coming to &T sooner than allyuh feel.

These politicians hell bent on creating racial strife

Guyana eh want nutten, is not if yuh know, is a matter of when.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 04:52:06 AM »

Shed more light.

I still waiting to hear what passed between you and yuh neighbour. Plus, it would be helpful to know the character of your neighbourhood. Ah mean ... yuh living in "Detroit" or yuh living in "Crown Heights"? What's your neighbour's perspective?

truetrini

Re: To hell with Israel and Gaza
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
Someone in a PM told me that the PP policies are more a reflection of them toting feelings than anything else.

From Dookeran to Parsan...something is rotten in T&T and its consequences will be dire.

T&T is poised precariously on that dictator cliff and all it takes is some military like strong man to seize power and take us down that very dark road.

The PP must go!

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »
Who have ears let them hear.  The mood in the street is omnious, dark, brooding...anger is everywhere.

Again Guyana eh want nutten with we...Fiji lessons anyone?

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 12:41:25 PM »
This is the first good news I have heard ever since the latest flashpoint in this long-running conflict erupted. I am hoping it can pave the way for a non-violent resolution to the issues that continue to impede the peace process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Israel and Hamas agree Gaza ceasefire

Egyptian foreign minister says truce will begin at 19:00 GMT on Wednesday, after eight days of attacks.

The Egyptian foreign minister has announced that a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas in and around the Gaza Strip will come into effect at 19:00 GMT on Wednesday.

Mohamed Kamel Amr thanked all parties involved in brokering the truce as he made the announcement in a joint news conference with US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.

Under the ceasefire terms, obtained by Al Jazeera, Israel is to stop all aggression against the Gaza Strip from land, sea and air, including cross-border incursions and targeted killings.

Palestinian factions are to cease all aggression from Gaza towards Israel, including rocket fire and attacks on the border.

Twenty-four hours after the ceasefire takes effect, Israel will also be committed to opening of all border crossings and ease restrictions on movements of people and goods in and out of the enclave.

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu agreed to "give a chance" to the ceasefire, a statement from his office said.

"A short while ago Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke with [US] President Barack Obama and agreed to his recommendation to give a chance to an Egyptian proposal for a ceasefire and thereby give an opportunity for the
stabilisation of the situation and a calming of it," it said.

Before the announcement in Egypt, Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip continued for an eighth day.

Twenty people were killed in Gaza on Wednesday, according to medical officials, bringing the death toll to a total of 150 since Israel's military operation was launched. Seven children were among those killed.

"It's been a very difficult day for the people of Gaza," Al Jazeera's Nicole Johnston, in Gaza City, said.

She said there had been "very heavy bombardment" from naval vessels in addition to aerial attacks.

Israel said it struck more than 100 targets, including a cluster of Hamas government buildings.

Clinton and UN chief Ban Ki-moon, who both met Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Wednesday, have been shuttling between Egypt, Israel and the occupied West Bank in a bid to bolster a proposed ceasefire agreement that Cairo brokered between Israel and the Hamas movement that controls the Gaza Strip.

In Wednesday's press conference with Amr, Clinto said: "The United States welcomes the agreement today for a ceasefire. In the days ahead, the United States will work with partners in the region to consolidate this progress."

The announcement came after 24 people were wounded in an explosion on a bus in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv that Israel and the US described as a "terror attack".

Five Israelis have been killed by rockets fired from Gaza since November 14. Israel says it launched its offensive on Gaza to prevent fighters from firing missiles into its territory.

Palestinians fighters fired more than 30 rockets at Israel on Wednesday, causing no casualties, and the anti-missile system, the so-called Iron Dome, shot down 14 of them, police said.

Nearly 1,400 rockets have been fired into Israel since the military offensive began, according to the Israeli military. Israel has carried out more than 1,500 strikes on Gaza during the same time period.

Source:

Al Jazeera And Agencies

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/11/2012112117122494611.html

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
Taking bets rockets launching tonight.
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 05:18:25 PM »
It is never "OK" to kill innocent people - absent or present provocation by "others".

In the analysis of this protracted conflict, the disproportionate loss of life between the Israelis and Palestinians is a factor that tends to raise eyebrows and questions.

It will remain eyebrow and question-raising until the disproportionate loss of life is mitigated.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:38:29 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
Someone in a PM told me that the PP policies are more a reflection of them toting feelings than anything else.

From Dookeran to Parsan...something is rotten in T&T and its consequences will be dire.

T&T is poised precariously on that dictator cliff and all it takes is some military like strong man to seize power and take us down that very dark road.

The PP must go!

In fairness - prior to the PP, the stage for what you describe already existed. Indeed, several of Mr. Manning's indulgences or acquiescences facilitated as much, yet he too was not the root cause of the platform for anti-democratic action.

A case could be made that the arrival of the PP delayed another anti-democratic interlude. The problem with the PP is that it has squandered a tremendous quantum of electoral goodwill, and political capital, in its failure to negotiate governance of the country.

Any government should have room for error, provided it is committed to best practices. It is hard to sustain an argument that the PP is an adherent of best practices - despite AG Ramlogan's numerous references to such a benchmark.   
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 05:33:05 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 06:07:04 PM »
TT, trinis get sorf boy. the time you talking bout gone.

that time you talking bout had fellas like clive nunez, rex lassale and geddes, but now man in trini on criminal activity, there's no more stand up pro active ppl left there i'm afraid, just bandits and corrupt high ranking officials.

i doh live in trinidad so i don't know the climate, but from i read and the ppl whom i talk too, it seem like street crime and bobol is the order of the day and not racial tension.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:08:35 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
What is required now for the Indian community is to be the legitimate shaper of the New Society. When we talk about Indian identity, we need to talk in terms of Caribbean identity. The time has come when the Indian community must now shape the society for all so that they can offer that leadership.

Winston Dookeran ,April 2010

“The Indian diaspora is a formidable force in T&T, the largest numerical representation in the entire Caribbean; the more well-to-do and culturally strong and progressive ethnic group in the uniquely plural society of T&T.”

His Excellency Dr. Neil Parsan DVM, MBA, CACM, RFC

Ambassador of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to the United States of America and Mexico

&

Permanent Representative of Trinidad and Tobago to the Organization of American States

Nizam Mohammad  at the Parliament's Joint Select Committee (JSC) meeting said records from the Police Service show there were more people of African ethnicity in leadership positions, as opposed to their East Indian colleagues.
He went further to say that the PSC, with the help of the Parliament, intended to change such since there must be an "ethnic balance" within the service to ensure equality of treatment.

On Nizam Mohammad's statement:

"These statements, to a person like me of East Indian descent, is offensive and I am sure will be regarded as offensive to all right-thinking persons of Trinidad and Tobago, regardless of their ethnic origin"
The statements border on sedition and obstruct national unity.

"The Prime Minister has a duty to the country to have done that and she ought to have immediately sought an audience with the President of the country to request him to immediately remove Mr Nizam Mohammed from the office of chairman of the Police Service Commission,"

"The neglect or omission of the Prime Minister to have acted on this matter since last Friday may give the impression that the statements made by the chairman of the Police Service Commission reflect the present agenda of her Government,"

Former attorney general Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj

STAY THERE AND FEEL IT IS NOT REAL!!!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:51:11 PM by truetrini SC »

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 11:05:26 PM »
Fake assassination plot...who forgot that?  To me that was as bad as Section 34.     Peoples' lives forever disrupted and labeled as traitors and seditionists.   

Look at the men they arrested without charge and released during the SoE.

Who can forget these FACTS?

1]; } ?>