March 28, 2024, 02:29:20 PM

Author Topic: Who acting 4cup should not be invited to CCup/GoldCup  (Read 4962 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Who acting 4cup should not be invited to CCup/GoldCup
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »
In as much as I have been critical of the selection and the approach of our players in the light of the recent tournament play, let me at this time congratulate these players for battling and getting the job done.

What a predicament for the coaching staff to be in now? do you go with the 'warriors' that got you to the show? should these players be rewarded for their loyalty and achievements? or do you bring in players now who you believe is better skilled for the next  rounds?

Which players actually wanted to make the trip but had legitimate reasons to be excused and  which players were just  sitting on the fence waiting to see what TnT would do?

Do we build with players that would be the core  for the lead up to 2018? or do we need  to look at instant fixes and success  for our program? Do we put all the eggs into  winning Caribbean Cup and qualifying for Gold Cup cause World Cup 2014 is passe for we?

As we  celebrate our success, I think in my humble opinion there is a bigger picture that we need to consider as be rebuild our football program. Which players have the loyalty and the drive , and the resiliency to wear the national colours despite all the adversity.  After all is that not the true sense of what we are made of?
I am not sure if I like the ideas of having  locals struggle for  recognition, be ill treated by a Federation that is still in shambles, and then be dumped once we get to this point  by foreign  based players who some may or may not be willing to go through the hardships of qualifying.

In my humble opinion no one should be an automatic if you want the exposure and recognition and possible future contracts that come with playing on a national team, you have to make the sacrifices and have to earn that selection like anyone else.

So do we endure  short term pain for long term gain? It all depends on what the bog picture is for our football program. All I know is if we have so called big name players with lucrative foriegn contracts wanting recognition  by playing for a big time cup then they cyar act for cup if they eh come and suffer the hardships of qualifying. Some ah these players does forget  that it may have been their representing TnT  that got them  nice foreign contract and the earnings they are enjoying. Players no matter what ought not to turn their back on their nation. The future , the youths and a nation deserves more from you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:40:22 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who acting 4cup should not be invited to CCup
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 03:29:45 AM »
I think you must always pick the best players,some of the overseas ones may have legitimate excuses and some may even be affected by wanting to play in a match on a non sanctioned FIFA date.The players who got us there will always be in the squad,at least the better ones.I am sure that some will sit out and wait for the big ocasion,I suspect Hyland is one of those,how many times has he been back to play for us.I feel that our preasant situation makes it a must to bring out the best players to try and put back our football where it should be,the only way is with the best.We must win the Caribbean Cup and go for the GC.Win those two and give TT back the credibility that is due,even if we dont win but go close the message to the rest will be an effective one.We can start the rebuilding after that with our boys our home boys who have done us so well.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
we will have to go with 99% same squad.

games are 2 weeks away.

we may be able to add one or two MLS based like Keon Daniel because MLS is on break,  but dont see UK based making the trip

So mostly it is the same squad.

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 09:12:35 AM »
knd2 i do agree for the most part that  the nucleus of the present  squad /team should be kept in addtion  with  a few of the foreign based players thats available and truly committed 100% to the red white n black , but none should  be guaranteed a starting place unless they're shown its deserved, the competition for a place on team is what is needed . let all players demontrate  their selection is worthy of representing  tnt , no guarantees anymore ,  no more star boy thing ......... another issue unless keyon daniel  provide a viable  and noteworthy eplaination as to why he was a no show  , barring illness or an emergency he should not be on the squad  for now at least .... he can plead his case as is required,  the bs has to stop  no player is bigger than the game......

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »

games are 2 weeks away.

we may be able to add one or two MLS based like Keon Daniel because MLS is on break,  but dont see UK based making the trip

I totally forgot about the timing,anyway these boys beat Cuba and Suriname and we could have beaten both teams by bigger margins and that says a lot about the team.I feel like they are starting to step up and we could surprise many people when you consider what we have been through.It is always a difficult situation when your team is on a roll and then you have to change players,but that's the way it go sometimes.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 12:27:30 PM »

games are 2 weeks away.

I totally forgot about the timing,anyway these boys beat Cuba and Suriname and we could have beaten both teams by bigger margins and that says a lot about the team.I feel like they are starting to step up and we could surprise many people when you consider what we have been through.It is always a difficult situation when your team is on a roll and then you have to change players,but that's the way it go sometimes.

Forget about players playing in leagues that are currently in progress (England based players for example)
The MLS is officially over (or will be soon), so i expect all teams to have their MLS based talent available. This is a huge plus for Jamaica, who can pick 11 players from the MLS alone...coupled with the avaialability of about 4 players playing in Norway/Sweden/Denmark/Findland who will also be on winter break. for many of these players, this is a last chnace opprtunity for them to stake a claim for inclusion in the final squad to play in the Hex early next year.

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
I say always go with the best available talent you have at the time.  Although the boys grind out a top placing last week.  I was still not convinced about their level of play.  Games with Cuba and SVG could have gone either way.  Whilst we had some good chances to score, so did the other teams.  Men just have to know that they have to produce the goods in training and on the field and that will better their chances of getting picked.

The sad thing too is that this recent crop of foreign based players that they bringing back not really making any big difference to the team either.  Up to a couple years ago when we hear the foreign based players coming back, we cyah wait to buy we ticket.  The coaches had a nightmare just considering who to bring back and who to leave out.  Nowadays...well is like just invite everybody and see who could come oui.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:22:15 PM by pardners »
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
Reggaefan,seems like yuh have a problem and what a nice problem to have but its all good for Jamaica,seeing that you can call on 11 from the MLS and 4 from Northern Europe.Just out of interest how many of those players are sure to make the Jamaica team,I think you also got some in the UK too,well,well nice position to be in,on paper you should get to Brazil.I work with some British Jamaicans and they are already planning for that day and I will be going if Jamaica get their.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 02:56:58 PM »
Reggaefan,seems like yuh have a problem and what a nice problem to have but its all good for Jamaica,seeing that you can call on 11 from the MLS and 4 from Northern Europe.Just out of interest how many of those players are sure to make the Jamaica team,I think you also got some in the UK too,well,well nice position to be in,on paper you should get to Brazil.I work with some British Jamaicans and they are already planning for that day and I will be going if Jamaica get their.

Here is Jamaicas team that started the last WCQ game. The name sin bold are based in MLS and will likely be called for the Caribbean cup.

Team: Gk – Dwayne Miller; Defenders – Shavar Thomas, Nyron Nosworthy, Lovel Palmer, Midfielders – Jermaine Taylor, Jason Morrison, Je-Vaughn Watson Jermaine Hue; Forwards – Luton Shelton and Ryan Johnson.

In addition, these other MLs players will be available:
MLS
Simon Dawkins (San Jose)
Omar Cummings (colorado Rapids)
Dane Richars (Vancouver)
Darren Mattocks (Vancouver)

and these will be available from Europe:

Dwayne Miller (Sweden)
Demar Philips (Norway)
Tremaine Stewart (Norway)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:02:45 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »

games are 2 weeks away.

WE go to antigua with this same untested squad and we will indeed miss another gold cup fuh sure!!!

like you forgot is st vincent and suriname we played or what?? them teams eh no big test, when we meet teams like antigua who have ah full complement of ULSers and MLSers, then haiti who may have some french based players togfether with DR who just like panama has much improved, we have to ride with ah MLS and euro based for the most part.

peltier will be on break, and so will hyland and molino. we also need ah solid goal scorer like roberts on the team, cato will also be available by then, primus is also on break and hopefully cyrus will be back from trials. IMO we will have a much stronger team come dec 3rd.   we must!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
All this jokey talk about going with the boys that we have who did the work is just that! with the exception of guerra , hector, cupid, and power, the rest ah dem men need plenty work.

it have some real talented yutes on the team no doubt, but them fellas need tuh leave T&T and get refined before they could step up in that arena.

don't let the results of these two tourneys fool allyuh, them young fellas eh quite ready yet for the likes of peter buyers and dane richards.

PS: this is the reason we missed out on two gold cups, we went with mainly locals and rookies, and both latas and pancho thought that they know what they was doing, until they got stung in their stubborn arses. 

baba, please don't make the same mistakes.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 03:21:05 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 06:52:24 PM »
With all due respect; I am not getting caught up in that local versus foreign take.There is always this perception that foreign is better and that we MUST rely on foreign to get by. While there may be some truth to that, there is a danger on becoming too reliant on foreign based players and ignoring the development and nurturing of local talent. Conversely, I am under no illusion that the recent results are an indicator that we could do it alone at a higher level competition with the  present caliber of players.

Hence I ask the question what is the bigger picture? quick results or the development and creation of a solid core of players that would be ready for 2018? These level of competitions will be the base line for assessing and building up to more competitive matches.

The turning point and defining moment for  our new perspective was that loss against Guyana- on paper we had the more talented team- big names: Carlos, KC  Birchall ...... and yet  what a disastrous result. What good is talent without heart, desire, and results? That result against Guyana  is  still a bitter pill to accept. In addition to that, to watch an island like Antigua- that has the resources to field a team in the USFL and we fighting with pro league instead of building for the future?

So for me, it is no longer a question of  having the locals play at this level and then jettison in foreign based players. I was at that thinking for a long time. I am not sure that is the best today......every player  MUST AND SHOULD have to EARN a selection.No one man is bigger than the TEAM!!!!!!! Yuh come home your  practice yuh run yuh arse off and yuh fight fuh ah place on the team.

PAY YUH WAY HOME, YUH MAKE THE TEAM YUH GET FULL REIMBURSEMENT AND ALL OTHER $$$$$ as per agreement. Incentive to play and incentive to represent TnT must be one big criteria; name alone and whey yuh playing cyar be an automatic. After all most of these players in part got a contract through representing their country.  Getting ah free ticket to come home and show up should no longer be acceptable. the public, the nation  now expects more from our players who are playing a level higher than the locals.

It feels like at times the fans and the nation is held ransom to the whims of this cultural 'star boy' mentality we have created as a sure road to success.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:59:34 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »
I always laugh when people talk about local vs foreign based because every good local player wants to be a foreign based player eventually. For people who saying go local, what happens when a player gets a contract? Does he now no longer fit into our plans? Foreign based players are just locals who playing abroad people, the way some people talking is like we hunting for a team of Me Mums. At the end of the day you think Brazil thinking bout forgetting they foreign based for big competition? and they have the resources to do that.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »
we need a friendly match before the first match
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »
we need a friendly match before the first match
Agreed.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 06:40:40 PM »
All this jokey talk about going with the boys that we have who did the work is just that! with the exception of guerra , hector, cupid, and power, the rest ah dem men need plenty work.

it have some real talented yutes on the team no doubt, but them fellas need tuh leave T&T and get refined before they could step up in that arena.

don't let the results of these two tourneys fool allyuh, them young fellas eh quite ready yet for the likes of peter buyers and dane richards.

PS: this is the reason we missed out on two gold cups, we went with mainly locals and rookies, and both latas and pancho thought that they know what they was doing, until they got stung in their stubborn arses. 

With all due respect....Atullah Guerra was all but booed on the pitch in the first game and lost his starting place. At times he looked just as poor as the others that you say need plenty work.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
I always laugh when people talk about local vs foreign based because every good local player wants to be a foreign based player eventually. For people who saying go local, what happens when a player gets a contract? Does he now no longer fit into our plans? Foreign based players are just locals who playing abroad people, the way some people talking is like we hunting for a team of Me Mums. At the end of the day you think Brazil thinking bout forgetting they foreign based for big competition? and they have the resources to do that.

Fitz ah understand what yuh try to say eh but lest we forget, these foreign guys-most of de time-playing against and TRAINING with much better quality players than we pro league guys.

Also dey have access-again, most times-to quality coaches who have more than a clue bout de game.

Yo, in my opinion we shouldn't even be discussing whether to use locals or foreign base, like someone said have a few locals who really ready and de rest should be foreign-based who playing and training with higher quality players all de damn time.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »
Thankfully it looks like the full strength team will get called in. I doubt Jones or Edwards will be able to come though.

Charles calls for Birchall, Jones

Soca Warriors coach Hutson “Barber” Charles has made a call for England-based duo, striker Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City) and Ipswich Town winger Carlos Edwards, as well as US Major League’s Soccer Columbus Crew midfielder Christopher Birchall, to strengthen his squad ahead of the 17th Digicel Caribbean Football Union Cup finals next month

The eight-team tournament takes place from December 7-16 in St John’s, Antigua, from which the top four teams will qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup and having failed to finish among the top four in the last two editions, Charles is leaving no stone unturn as he continues his aim to restoring T&T football to the top of the regional ladder.

T&T, the eight-time champion, will open its campaign against long-time rival Haiti on December 7 in Group A followed by matches against host Antigua & Barbuda on December 9, and Dominican Republic two days later, all at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

On Sunday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, the Jan-Michael Williams-captained Soca Warriors topped their second round Group Eight four-team qualifiers when they edged Cuba 1-0, to avenge a 2-0 loss to the same Cubans two years ago when T&T failed to qualify from its final round group.

With the win, T&T ended with seven points from three matches and extend its unbeaten run in the CFU qualifiers to six matches under Charles after a 1-1 draw with St Vincent and the Grenadines last Wednesday and a 3-0 trouncing of Suriname last Friday.

Following his team’s qualification to the finals, Charles along with his assistant coach Derek King and team manager William Wallace held discussions about possible changes to the team for the finals which are carded to get under in just over two weeks time.

Coming out of the technical meeting, the 47-year-old Charles capped 32 times by T&T and scorer of six goals shared that he has already sent out request to the clubs of Birchall, Jones, Edwards, Kevin Molino, Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union/US MLS) and Slovakia-based Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava).

He said, “These are the guys who we feel can add quality and something different to the squad right now and we expect that with Birchall, Molino and Daniel, all being out of season, there will be no problem in getting them to join the squad.

“With regards to Edwards, Charles noted that it was mainly because of Ipswich receiving the T&T Football Federation’s request late, that the former Soca Warriors captain was not released.

“We sent the request to Ipswich late the last time out, but in fact as we speak now we are sending out the letters to the clubs of the players and we expect to get replies with the next week.

He added, “We also see the need to have Jones in the squad while Peltier had indicated to us he will be available for the final because the Slovakian league is expected to be on a winter break during that time.”

Charles, who has been in charge of the team for nine matches now, with results of six wins, two defeats (both in friendly internationals) and a drawn, indicated that he will also have the availability of Vietnam-based duo Willis Plaza and Hughtun Hector as well as Robert Primus (Aktobe/Kazakhstan), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps/MLS) and Daneil Cyrus, who is currently away on trial, for the finals, making it a strong group to choose from.

Birchall, who has been capped by T&T, 39 times scoring four goals last represented the Soca Warriors in the ill-fated 2-1 Concacaf World Cup qualifying loss away to Guyana on November 11, 2011.

Edwards, meanwhile got his last of 89 caps in the home match with the Guyanese four days later featured in the return fixture, the same as Jones, who has 49 appearances.

Peltier got the last of his 16 caps in a 2-0 loss away to Canada on August 15, the same as Molino.

Commenting on the draw for the finals, Charles advised that starting against the Haitians, who are considered one of better teams in the competition, will be a challenge.

“We know it will not be an easy ask but as a team we have been improving with every match and for the finals we will be looking to kick off our title bid with a bang.

Looking ahead to his team’s preparations for the tournament which will coincide with the T&T Pro League Toyota Classic competition, Charles stated that both parties and the clubs involved will have to meet as soon as possible for the betterment of the national team.

“The Toyota Classic final is carded for December 7 and we are expected to start off the finals campaign on that same day and in the build-up we will also like an increase of training sessions, so its something all parties involved will need to iron out,” said Charles.

Group B of the CFU finals, to be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, will comprise two-time defending champion and five-time winner Jamaica, French Guiana, Cuba and Martinique.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-11-21/charles-calls-birchall-jones

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 08:21:17 PM »

Fitz ah understand what yuh try to say eh but lest we forget, these foreign guys-most of de time-playing against and TRAINING with much better quality players than we pro league guys.

Also dey have access-again, most times-to quality coaches who have more than a clue bout de game.

Yo, in my opinion we shouldn't even be discussing whether to use locals or foreign base, like someone said have a few locals who really ready and de rest should be foreign-based who playing and training with higher quality players all de damn time.

I say go with the 7 MLS boys plus Hyland then the rest could be a mix of locals..

But to be honest, we need a solid goal keeper. Too bad our current goalies are only playing domestic. If they went abroad to mls or Europe, they will be more of an asset.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 08:23:20 PM »
Thankfully it looks like the full strength team will get called in. I doubt Jones or Edwards will be able to come though.

Charles calls for Birchall, Jones

Soca Warriors coach Hutson “Barber” Charles has made a call for England-based duo, striker Kenwyne Jones (Stoke City) and Ipswich Town winger Carlos Edwards, as well as US Major League’s Soccer Columbus Crew midfielder Christopher Birchall, to strengthen his squad ahead of the 17th Digicel Caribbean Football Union Cup finals next month

The eight-team tournament takes place from December 7-16 in St John’s, Antigua, from which the top four teams will qualify for the Concacaf Gold Cup and having failed to finish among the top four in the last two editions, Charles is leaving no stone unturn as he continues his aim to restoring T&T football to the top of the regional ladder.

T&T, the eight-time champion, will open its campaign against long-time rival Haiti on December 7 in Group A followed by matches against host Antigua & Barbuda on December 9, and Dominican Republic two days later, all at the Antigua Recreation Ground.

On Sunday at the Dwight Yorke Stadium, Bacolet, the Jan-Michael Williams-captained Soca Warriors topped their second round Group Eight four-team qualifiers when they edged Cuba 1-0, to avenge a 2-0 loss to the same Cubans two years ago when T&T failed to qualify from its final round group.

With the win, T&T ended with seven points from three matches and extend its unbeaten run in the CFU qualifiers to six matches under Charles after a 1-1 draw with St Vincent and the Grenadines last Wednesday and a 3-0 trouncing of Suriname last Friday.

Following his team’s qualification to the finals, Charles along with his assistant coach Derek King and team manager William Wallace held discussions about possible changes to the team for the finals which are carded to get under in just over two weeks time.

Coming out of the technical meeting, the 47-year-old Charles capped 32 times by T&T and scorer of six goals shared that he has already sent out request to the clubs of Birchall, Jones, Edwards, Kevin Molino, Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union/US MLS) and Slovakia-based Lester Peltier (Slovan Bratislava).

He said, “These are the guys who we feel can add quality and something different to the squad right now and we expect that with Birchall, Molino and Daniel, all being out of season, there will be no problem in getting them to join the squad.

“With regards to Edwards, Charles noted that it was mainly because of Ipswich receiving the T&T Football Federation’s request late, that the former Soca Warriors captain was not released.

“We sent the request to Ipswich late the last time out, but in fact as we speak now we are sending out the letters to the clubs of the players and we expect to get replies with the next week.

He added, “We also see the need to have Jones in the squad while Peltier had indicated to us he will be available for the final because the Slovakian league is expected to be on a winter break during that time.”

Charles, who has been in charge of the team for nine matches now, with results of six wins, two defeats (both in friendly internationals) and a drawn, indicated that he will also have the availability of Vietnam-based duo Willis Plaza and Hughtun Hector as well as Robert Primus (Aktobe/Kazakhstan), Carlyle Mitchell (Vancouver Whitecaps/MLS) and Daneil Cyrus, who is currently away on trial, for the finals, making it a strong group to choose from.

Birchall, who has been capped by T&T, 39 times scoring four goals last represented the Soca Warriors in the ill-fated 2-1 Concacaf World Cup qualifying loss away to Guyana on November 11, 2011.

Edwards, meanwhile got his last of 89 caps in the home match with the Guyanese four days later featured in the return fixture, the same as Jones, who has 49 appearances.

Peltier got the last of his 16 caps in a 2-0 loss away to Canada on August 15, the same as Molino.

Commenting on the draw for the finals, Charles advised that starting against the Haitians, who are considered one of better teams in the competition, will be a challenge.

“We know it will not be an easy ask but as a team we have been improving with every match and for the finals we will be looking to kick off our title bid with a bang.

Looking ahead to his team’s preparations for the tournament which will coincide with the T&T Pro League Toyota Classic competition, Charles stated that both parties and the clubs involved will have to meet as soon as possible for the betterment of the national team.

“The Toyota Classic final is carded for December 7 and we are expected to start off the finals campaign on that same day and in the build-up we will also like an increase of training sessions, so its something all parties involved will need to iron out,” said Charles.

Group B of the CFU finals, to be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, will comprise two-time defending champion and five-time winner Jamaica, French Guiana, Cuba and Martinique.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-11-21/charles-calls-birchall-jones

Hyland?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 08:58:35 PM »
Good Glad Birchie in the mix for once. Jones could come and sweat yes cause that shit coach ain't playing him. Peltier is a good addition, Hyland too. Hopefully we get most of them.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
Turkey and Belgium dont have winter breaks which is why we wont see Hyland or Roberts.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 09:13:44 PM »
:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 09:59:51 PM »
Turkey and Belgium dont have winter breaks which is why we wont see Hyland or Roberts.
Neither does England... Why do we think we'll see Jones or Edwards?   ??? Makes no sense...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2012, 10:02:54 PM »
Cordel Cato should be on that team. He is the most impressive of TT MLS players. I don't see any of the English or Euro players coming for this final. KJ can argue that he is on the bench and ask to come. But KJ has not been effective player with his big rep. But the manager player politics with KJ. Should he stay or should he go. If Crouch get injure now(God forbid) they have KJ to fall in place.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »

With all due respect....Atullah Guerra was all but booed on the pitch in the first game and lost his starting place. At times he looked just as poor as the others that you say need plenty work.
OK fair enough, but this kid have a dynamic that most of our players seem to lack. seen him in the CCL ah few times with jablo, him and peltier, and i always thought that they could go far if they put their head down and worked @ it. we still waiting on guerra.

i thought he would have made it with pfister, but from what i heard pfister told him and jovin jones not to come back, maybe it was discipline problems. but this kid have it, trust. same way i called houton hector, i'm tagging guerra.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 10:26:33 PM »

I say go with the 7 MLS boys plus Hyland then the rest could be a mix of locals..

But to be honest, we need a solid goal keeper. Too bad our current goalies are only playing domestic. If they went abroad to mls or Europe, they will be more of an asset.
Goal keeping is the least of our problems, jan williams and marvin phillips is as good as anyother goaley we had in recent yrs. itare them boys way over ince. our problem is certainly not goal keeping, but defense defense defense!! and yeh midfield too.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 10:30:15 PM »
Cordel Cato should be on that team. He is the most impressive of TT MLS players. I don't see any of the English or Euro players coming for this final. KJ can argue that he is on the bench and ask to come. But KJ has not been effective player with his big rep. But the manager player politics with KJ. Should he stay or should he go. If Crouch get injure now(God forbid) they have KJ to fall in place.
Allyuh take it easy nah, every body go get ah call. man was bawlin about birchall, and look, he get ah call, now allyuh take it easy, charles go call de men he need tuh call, he's not ah fack up man like latas, @ least i don't get that from him, cool it allyuh, every one will get ah bleigh.

BTW deeks, cato is still in the MLS playoffs with seatle. who knows if it would be over by the 7th.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:31:53 PM by just cool »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:04 AM »
 Let me take this opportunity to also extend heart felt congratulations to the team: the players, coaches and management  for getting the job done. Unlike the past, I am keeping very low during the games and after. keeping my expectations on an even strand and so far  I share the joys each and every time my expectations are superseded.

I know in preparations for he Gold Cup, once more,  some of these Warriors who have battled and proved many wrong will be wondering if they will get the opportunity to represent on a bigger stage or if they may be passed over for  'BIG BOYS/ STAR BOYS' who are plying their trades overseas. In as much as many would like to see our so called most talented players  and a strong TnT team compete, in my humble opinion, these players as a team has earned the respect and right to be considered strongly for the Gold Cup.

THOSE PLAYERS WHO DECLINED OR WERE IN LIMBO WHEN IT APPEARED WE NEEDED THEM OR WHO FELT THAT THEY WERE TOO BIG TO REPRESENT TNT at this time , should have to earn a place on that team; selection should not be on apparent name or prestige but on merit,  team commitment, ability, and in form.

Remember teh BIGGRE PICTURE is the preparation of core players for the 2018 campaign. We eh have tuh win the Gold Cup but we should be  using these opportunities to allow our players to acquire the experience of playing at this level of competition. All this bodes well in out strategic plan for 2018; With Shabs on board, we sure to have a  football coupe in CONCACAF...we will overcome!!! we will prevail, we will..... yes we will.

If you not for TNT then the only cup yuh drink from should be an enamel 4cup.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:38:30 AM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who acting 4cup should not be invited to CCup/GoldCup
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2012, 10:24:18 AM »
Do we want the best for TnT? yes
Do we want to see our team humiliated at  a big time tournament? no

Have we learned form teh Guyana debacle? ummmmmm

Did we not have a combined contingent of  some of our  so called best overseas players? did we not have a foreign coach?

When will we  put a long term strategic plan in place to focus on development of a team for WC qualifying instead of INSTANT results?

I am not opposed to combining the best of our talented players be they abroad or local, however we need to find a way to ensure that our dependency on those players who are abroad are readily available to commit to the process and that our local players are at a standard that will provide us with legitimate and competitive opportunities for continuing success.

If we value a Carlos Edwards, what is the possibility of having a local player  who fits that abilities? We then develop local players with the aptitudes and skills which the foreign base player brings. Time to look at different ways of developing , selecting and planning for long term success.

1]; } ?>